PDA

View Full Version : View TV and Files on another TV

TomD
26-08-12, 10:41
Hi
With the introduction of the new Vix image, please can someone point me in the right direction as to the best / compatible plug-in to:

1. Stream live TV to another DNLA device (if possible)
2. Watch recordings from my VU Duo internal HDD on another DNLA device

Thanks
TomD

Maxwell
26-08-12, 10:51
You dont need a plugin DNLA is built into the image, just make sure it is enabled, the rest is up to your other devices capabilities

TomD
26-08-12, 11:03
Thanks for the quick reply - What menu is DNLA located?

Maxwell
26-08-12, 11:05
menu>setup>system>network

TomD
26-08-12, 11:18
Gone to mini DNLA set-up, which is currently disabled / stopped. Tried to start vix logo spins, but then nothing happens? Is there another menu i need to sort first?

-Just Crashed!

punisher
26-08-12, 11:27
can u post logs please

TomD
26-08-12, 11:29
Right - Now it's stuck in 'Starting' and I will have to do a re-flash. Everytime this image crashes I have to do a re-install.:mad:

TomD
26-08-12, 11:53
Okay - All re-flashed and back up and running with mini DNLA running too. Tried to get crash log, but the previous settings had them stored to /root, so obviously they have now gone with the re-flash! I have now got my logs going to HDD (for next time!)

Lastly, back to mini DNLA - When I go to my DNLA device I can see the VU Duo Root (which is empty?), But I cant see my internal HDD where my movies are stored?

Thanks
Tom

Maxwell
26-08-12, 12:02
goto miniDNLA and press menu then Green for shares to add the hdd/movies

TomD
26-08-12, 12:57
Thanks M8
Try it when I get home later.

Larry-G
26-08-12, 13:13
Right - Now it's stuck in 'Starting' and I will have to do a re-flash. Everytime this image crashes I have to do a re-install.:mad:

Thats what the image manager is for. make a full image backup of your current working system so that if some thing does go wrong you can restore to a working image. also where ever possible provide crash logs.

Okay - All re-flashed and back up and running with mini DNLA running too. Tried to get crash log, but the previous settings had them stored to /root, so obviously they have now gone with the re-flash! I have now got my logs going to HDD (for next time!)

This is exactly why my logs are always set to my USB stick ( same one i use for picons and EPG data ) so that if you need to re-flash you wont loose those very valuable logs.

TomD
29-08-12, 17:36
Hi Sorry to be a pain about this but I have mini DNLA running and have added /hdd/movies. But none of my DNLA devices can see anything except VU Duo Root. Also when I go to my PC I can only see the root directory. However when I go to FTP via DCC I can see my HDD no probs?

Thanks
TomD

PS- On a previous version of Vix I used to be able to see the HDD

psionguy
30-08-12, 17:35
Strange, as I am having the same problem. All set up OK with correct folder being shared, but all the folders are showing empty.

TomD
31-08-12, 12:21
Any help on this please

psionguy
02-09-12, 08:57
Any help on this please

I am having the same problem, can only see VU Duo Root in my devices. I have set up all the shares which shows as being active, but no joy. The only other thing we could try (which I have not done yet) is to open the specified port in the router or try a different port, worth a try.