PDA

View Full Version : VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image - 05/09/2010 - Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Stanman
16-09-10, 14:26
Would helped if I had opened my eyes. I checked it bloody twice and could not see USB:p

pooface
16-09-10, 14:58
Would helped if I had opened my eyes. I checked it bloody twice and could not see USB:p

Lol, am so used to checking it for other people etc, :p

meggers
16-09-10, 19:37
Hi again guys,

2 Questions? I know they may be stupid but can someone please answer them

1. I cannot find any way to get a webinterface on my TV. I see the configuration settings (in plugins)but cannot find any button on the remote allowing me to bring up a browser or any additional plugin on that would work as one? (I have looked through this thread and apologise if this question has already been asked).

2. Is there any way to set the clock on the Vu+ Duo. Mine is often out by a few hours and it screws up the EPG. A reboot o(or Two) usully fixes it but it is a bit of a pain.

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Meggers

Coolman
16-09-10, 19:48
to the VIX Team...

can you tell me why you change the name ??

the name is:

Cool TV Guide

and not Cool EPG
and also not CoolTV Plugin
and also not Program Guide

or you like i change your name VIX to VIS or VIT ???

i think you know what i mean :)

Sicilian
16-09-10, 22:40
to the VIX Team...

the name is:

Cool TV Guide

and not Cool EPG

First I :welcome: you to our forums :)

Regards your Cool TV Guide, its not been changed in the actual image. Try the image and you will see. Some modifications may have taken place to make it compatible with our skin. I think the confusion has been with the write up in the first post. I'll rectify that for you and apologise on behalf of the team, no offence was intended and thank you for creating the Cool addon for the VU+ :)

andyblac
16-09-10, 23:34
to the VIX Team...

the name is:

Cool TV Guide

and not Cool EPG

i have corrected the Image post sorry about that, did not mean to offend you

Coolman
17-09-10, 01:13
First I :welcome: you to our forums :)

Regards your Cool TV Guide, its not been changed in the actual image. Try the image and you will see. Some modifications may have taken place to make it compatible with our skin. I think the confusion has been with the write up in the first post. I'll rectify that for you and apologise on behalf of the team, no offence was intended and thank you for creating the Cool addon for the VU+ :)

Hi VIX Team,

i understand when you need to change some code for your design or to make it compatible...

but i know Cool TV Guide works on all VU+ VTI Images...
OE 1.5 and OE 1.6
all PLI Images
all Dreamboxes
and all Images for the Dreamboxes
also the new Gemini
and also all HD, XD, and SD Skins... :)

so normal i think it must work on your image too....

and yes i have seen your new Image...

and its looks cool :)

I have uploaded you the new Version V2.0.10...

you will find some very cool new futures...

maybe you can take it for the VIX 1.1 :)

Regards to the full VIX Team

Coolman

andyblac
17-09-10, 02:43
Hi VIX Team,

i understand when you need to change some code for your design or to make it compatible...

but i know Cool TV Guide works on all VU+ VTI Images...
OE 1.5 and OE 1.6
all PLI Images
all Dreamboxes
and all Images for the Dreamboxes
also the new Gemini
and also all HD, XD, and SD Skins... :)

so normal i think it must work on your image too....

and yes i have seen your new Image...

and its looks cool :)

I have uploaded you the new Version V2.0.10...

you will find some very cool new futures...

maybe you can take it for the VIX 1.1 :)

Regards to the full VIX Team

Coolman

whats new ?, just that i chnage the way the buttons work, as i dont like the config 1, 2 3 4 etc i like names to scroll through, also in version, i use button labels which change according to the options you choose. so it would be helpfull if you could tell me what new in this version, as i have already programmed 2.09 into 1.1 beta,

cheers mate

andy.

Ojustaboo
17-09-10, 09:40
Noticed a small bug

When playing back a recorded program, if I press the Help button, as soon as I try to scroll down from "Skip Backward (enter time)" to "Pause", I get the green screen and the box reboots.

Crashlog attached

ps, is there a way when having the Cool TV Guide up, I can get program info off of it?

sadlove
17-09-10, 09:48
Cool TV Guide
Same problem over here

Noticed a small bug

When playing back a recorded program, if I press the Help button, as soon as I try to scroll down from "Skip Backward (enter time)" to "Pause", I get the green screen and the box reboots.

Crashlog attached

ps, it there a way when having the Cool TV Guide up, I can get program info off of it?

Tyler
17-09-10, 09:50
Hi loaded vix image a few times.
Problems i am having no +cams are in the pluins.
Sometimes it wont pick up any channels when i do a scan.
Loaded dreamelite and it picked up channels no prob.

Stanman
17-09-10, 10:57
I dont know if this has been asked before and answered but in play back of recorded programmes is there any way of changing the coloured button assignments? I used DE 1.3.3 adn when you pressed green it rewinded and blue ffw, green paused / played but in vix it brings up the EPG function?

Sicilian
17-09-10, 11:00
I dont know if this has been asked before and answered but in play back of recorded programmes is there any way of changing the coloured button assignments? I used DE 1.3.3 adn when you pressed green it rewinded and blue ffw, green paused / played but in vix it brings up the EPG function?

Why don't u use the fast forward and rewind buttons on the remote?

Stanman
17-09-10, 11:04
I have to now but it makes it easier to use the colour buttons as they are in the middle of the remote rathan than at the button.

pooface
17-09-10, 11:10
I have to now but it makes it easier to use the colour buttons as they are in the middle of the remote rathan than at the button.

Just perservere with it, as once you've used them a few times, it's just as easy...

I always find that I use the number keys to go back/forward anyway... :p

Coolman
17-09-10, 11:18
whats new ?, just that i chnage the way the buttons work, as i dont like the config 1, 2 3 4 etc i like names to scroll through, also in version, i use button labels which change according to the options you choose. so it would be helpfull if you could tell me what new in this version, as i have already programmed 2.09 into 1.1 beta,

cheers mate

andy.

Hi andy,
the biggest change is the QuickRec Button...
400 lines code only for this...
like you know from your old VHS Rec.. press the button and the rec is ready :)

the next is:
some people had problems to see the event or the Red Rec files,
when they have loaded some files with the Rytec...
i have always no idea why this error was..
but i change the code so long
that the Rytec makes now no more problems...

and yes you have right,
a lot of people have ask me if i can change the setup...
to put out the 1234 and to make in in real words..
but i think you have changed near the same...

so if you don't need the quick Rec...
or you have no problems with the Rytec...
then you can let the 2.09

but if you have problems with Rytec...
this is also no problem..
you can let the 2.09 also...
send me a pm..
and i tell you what to change..
i think its only 6 lines code to change :)

cheers

Coolman

Coolman
17-09-10, 11:48
Noticed a small bug

Crashlog attached

ps, is there a way when having the Cool TV Guide up, I can get program info off of it?

i check the your crashlog...
you can see from line 615 to 645 your error...

the problem is:
unknown action WizardActions/down! typo in keymap?
so in your keymap must be a error

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/HelpMenuList.py", line 85, in selectionChanged
x()
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/HelpMenu.py", line 41, in SelectionChanged
self.selectKey(selection[0])
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

i think this error comes only because the first error in the keymap was...

so maybe the keymap have the error..
or the pic arrowdown and arrowup are broken...

one Tip from me :
i had a same problem with corel...
if i safe the same pic in corel.. i get a error...
but if i safe the same pic in Paint.NET... i get no error!!!

hope this help....

Coolman

andyblac
17-09-10, 12:50
i check the your crashlog...
you can see from line 615 to 645 your error...

the problem is:
unknown action WizardActions/down! typo in keymap?
so in your keymap must be a error

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/HelpMenuList.py", line 85, in selectionChanged
x()
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/HelpMenu.py", line 41, in SelectionChanged
self.selectKey(selection[0])
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

i think this error comes only because the first error in the keymap was...

so maybe the keymap have the error..
or the pic arrowdown and arrowup are broken...

one Tip from me :
i had a same problem with corel...
if i safe the same pic in corel.. i get a error...
but if i safe the same pic in Paint.NET... i get no error!!!

hope this help....

Coolman

yeah, already fixed this for 1.1 :D, but thanks for the heads up :), if i go through 2.10 to make the button label changes do you want the code ?.

and is they anyway to speed up launch of Cool Tv Guide it take about 4 secs to appear, and this is on 2.09 with the added 400+ lines of code would be even longer :)

Coolman
17-09-10, 14:33
yeah, already fixed this for 1.1 :D, but thanks for the heads up :), if i go through 2.10 to make the button label changes do you want the code ?.

and is they anyway to speed up launch of Cool Tv Guide it take about 4 secs to appear, and this is on 2.09 with the added 400+ lines of code would be even longer :)

Hi andy,

Nono... at the beginning the code was 400 lines...
and now its around 250 or so...
i test the speed...
i think around 1,5 sec then you see the picture...

and code is always good...
i have made so lot of code..
but maybe your changes are better then mine...
or maybe we have the same result but your code is better or shorter?
yes send me the code, so i can check which one is better or shorter :)
or maybe a idea i dont have...
so you see, a code is always good...

cheers

Coolman

shad0w
17-09-10, 17:05
Hey there,

I think the Image is just great as being a first release.

But there are a few things I don't like:

- BER in extended Infobar is not working

- there are no skins on the feed

- the DVDBurn Plugin is not working

If you could change this things, the Image would even better in my opinion.

With kind regards

shad0w

grtmoby
17-09-10, 17:20
first of all... :welcome: to the forum ;)

- BER is not working in almost all the images i had tried, correct me guys if i am wrong.
- more skins will be available with the release of v 1.1

albalaji
17-09-10, 17:57
Is image support wireless .. if not why ???

grtmoby
17-09-10, 18:24
no wireless is not supported yet
may be in one of the coming release as it is been worked out now

shad0w
17-09-10, 18:44
Ok, it would be nice then if you could remove BER completely out of the Skin.

I would also appreciate it if you could get DVDBurn working in the next Image, that would be incredible .

Is there already a deadline for v1.1? If DVDBurn is working in next Image, I can't wait for it :).

andyblac
17-09-10, 19:55
Ok, it would be nice then if you could remove BER completely out of the Skin.

I would also appreciate it if you could get DVDBurn working in the next Image, that would be incredible .

Is there already a deadline for v1.1? If DVDBurn is working in next Image, I can't wait for it :).

can you post error logs for DVDBurn ? just i cant use it as i dont have usb dvd burner

Tkr001
18-09-10, 05:01

For FFWD and RRWD the left and right arrows surrounding the OK button work fine and they are in the middle of the remote.

Stanman
18-09-10, 10:36
For FFWD and RRWD the left and right arrows surrounding the OK button work fine and they are in the middle of the remote.

There not for FFWD or RRWD, they take you to the beginning or end of the programme breaks.If you click it twice it at the start of the recording it takes you to the end.

Tkr001
18-09-10, 10:44
Not for me they don't! They work exactly as the ffwd and rwd buttons.....

Stanman
18-09-10, 10:47
Not for me they don't! They work exactly as the ffwd and rwd buttons..... Well you are down under:D:D

Andy / Poo - is there any settings I need to amend as left / right has always behaved like this in DE as well so surprised it works for TKR001:confused::confused:

Tkr001
18-09-10, 11:05
@stanman

The actions you described are what the arrows above the coloured buttons do for me. Must be a southern hemisphere thing :D

andyblac
18-09-10, 12:10
- the DVDBurn Plugin is not working

If you could change this things, the Image would even better in my opinion.

With kind regards

shad0w

the image is not build with dvdburn support but, i'll add this into the image for 1.1

raedkuwait
18-09-10, 16:06
hi
i have epg problem with vix img, every time i reboot the box, the epg in the hdd is not loaded in the
cache even though its is in my hdd epg.dat?!!

Sicilian
18-09-10, 17:16
hi
i have epg problem with vix img, every time i reboot the box, the epg in the hdd is not loaded in the

Delete the file from your HDD. Reboot the receiver and try a manual import.

raedkuwait
18-09-10, 17:24
Ok, i know that will work, but my question is, do i have to do that every time i reboot the box ?!
isnt it suppose to load the one in the hdd by default every time i reboot the box?
Thank you

grtmoby
18-09-10, 17:30
no u shouldn't be each restart
at least i don't :D

Ojustaboo
19-09-10, 01:33
Any chance of adding options to select where things like picon and epg.dat are found (rather like the record path option) please?

I moved my epg.dat (or whatever it's called) from my internal drive to my external.

It wouldn't pick it up at all.

I had to put a symbolic link on my internal to my external epg.dat to get it working.

cd /hdd
ln -s /media/hddext/epg.dat epg.dat

I also had to do the same with picon folder, this now works fine in cool tv epg but doesn't display picons if say watching TV and I press the OK button to bring up the info bar. All channels simply say VIX where the picon should be.

Ojustaboo
19-09-10, 01:34
hi

I notice if I reboot my box then go straight into the epg, it's empty. If I wait around 30 secs and try again, it's all there.

bob1
19-09-10, 08:36
Just reporting that the over-scan issues i had as now gone now i'm connected via hdmi again.

ToMaJo
19-09-10, 23:08
Hi

First of all : Great Image !!! Thanks !!!

Two things I noticed in comparisation with my other images (an older PLI and Persian HD Project) :

1. The standard station EPG does not work, the Rytec works ok.

2. When you are viewing a recording which is not finished yet, the end of the timeline (and therefore also the viewing option)
is limited to the timepoint when you started the viewing.

To see the further (later) part of the recording you have to restart the viewing by selecting the recording from the list again.
This is also in my older PLI image but not in my Persian HD Project image, so I think it's not a VU+ thing.

pooface
20-09-10, 08:35
Hi

First of all : Great Image !!! Thanks !!!

Two things I noticed in comparisation with my other images (an older PLI and Persian HD Project) :

1. The standard station EPG does not work, the Rytec works ok.

2. When you are viewing a recording which is not finished yet, the end of the timeline (and therefore also the viewing option)
is limited to the timepoint when you started the viewing.

To see the further (later) part of the recording you have to restart the viewing by selecting the recording from the list again.
This is also in my older PLI image but not in my Persian HD Project image, so I think it's not a VU+ thing.

1. What do you mean by standard station epg?! Which epg data you talking about?! This might be one of the fixes in the 1.1 version (mhw/eit/freesat etc).
2. This worked fine for me when I tried it. How do you access the movie you are recording?! Are you using the media player, or are you using the recordings button to bring up the recorded movies?

pooface
20-09-10, 08:37
Any chance of adding options to select where things like picon and epg.dat are found (rather like the record path option) please?

If you mount the /media/hddext to /media/usb, then the picons will work perfectly fine... You get the option of choosing where you want the picon, but this is limited to the hdd, usb or internal flash...

ToMaJo
20-09-10, 09:50
1. What do you mean by standard station epg?! Which epg data you talking about?! This might be one of the fixes in the 1.1 version (mhw/eit/freesat etc).
2. This worked fine for me when I tried it. How do you access the movie you are recording?! Are you using the media player, or are you using the recordings button to bring up the recorded movies?

Hi and thanks for your quick reaction

1. Sorry about the EPG confusion; English is not my native language. With the standard EPG info I indeed meant MediaHighway, FreeSat etc. so I'll wait till version 1.xxx

2. To make sure I just retested this remark. This is what I did :
- watching a channel, select direct recording with the red record button
- wait for one minute while the recording is progressing
- select recorded programs by using the recordings button
- select the current recording for viewing

While playing this recording you see the total recording time is +/- 1 minute and when you reach this point the viewing stops as if it's the recording end.
To see the rest of the recording you have to select the same recording again from the recording list.

nb. I'm only using the internal HD for recordings and didn't use MediaPlayer but just the standard player which starts when you select a recording from the recordings-list

I also noticed that the extra info in the info bar isn't always there; sometimes you have to switch to another channel and back so see the extra info like Sat. Position, Provider etc. This occurs in both the modes for viewing the extra info bar. (permanent on and only on by 2nd time ok button)

pooface
20-09-10, 11:34
Thanks for that... Will test it when I get a chance (won't be until tomorrow likely). But, if you can do a test of setting a timer recording (go to a channel with epg data downloaded (even if next of now and next), and then press the green button on an event in the future. Whilst that event is recording, wait for a few minutes, and then try and play from the recordings. This is how I've used that, and it worked fine... Never done an instant record and tried watching it (always used timeshift for that method :p)...

Cheers.

Nos
20-09-10, 12:17
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here, been testing Vix image during weekend and have the following notes:
The box crashes with green screen when playing MKV files, here is how it happens:
The file is located in USB drive and it is the only file in the play list, when the movie finishes you can see the timeline in the corner but no buttons work and after couple seconds the box crashes. This has happened everytime I allowed the movie to finish till the end.

The other note is that if USB drive is connected to VU+ the plugins fail to install and also EPG stops working. It's not posible to read existing list or to download a new one. It looks like VU+ is trying to read/write usb drive instead of its internal memory. Once the drive is disconnected everything works as expected. Is that a configuration issue and can be configured somewhere or is it a bug ?

Also can anyone explain me how DTS and AC3 decoding works, I have AVR and I want it do decode DTS or AC3 instead of VU+. Is there a way to configure passthrough for DTS and AC3.

thank you for good image and keep up good work.

torreslegend
20-09-10, 13:14
Love the image folks, I've got mkv files playing with no issues from a usb hard drive. The only issue I have is the EPG Refresh will not work if the USB Hard Drive is plugged in. If I go to do a manual refresh, I hear the USB Drive wake up and nothing gets imported. If I unplug the USB Hard drive everything works fine but I don't want to be doing that all the time! Any idea'? thanks!

amires
20-09-10, 14:00
My mkv files are playing fine however I am playing from my pc share and not an external drive. Maybe the mkv file you are trying to play have a non standard format have you tried another mkv file?

ToMaJo
20-09-10, 16:03
Thanks for that... Will test it when I get a chance (won't be until tomorrow likely). But, if you can do a test of setting a timer recording (go to a channel with epg data downloaded (even if next of now and next), and then press the green button on an event in the future. Whilst that event is recording, wait for a few minutes, and then try and play from the recordings. This is how I've used that, and it worked fine... Never done an instant record and tried watching it (always used timeshift for that method :p)...

Cheers.

I tried it again exactly the way you described and still having the same problem.

Then I checked everything again and especially the differences between the settings in your image and in the Persian HD Project image.
There was only one difference : the viewing path. In your image I had that changed in /media/net/VUDUO_W/movie and in the Persian HD Project
image it was still the default setting. (/media/hdd/movie) Problem solved !!
I guess when I want to use /media/net/VUDUO_W/movie I also should change the default locations, although in the end these locations are the same....

Thanks for your attention regarding this solved problem.

Nos
20-09-10, 17:19
My mkv files are playing fine however I am playing from my pc share and not an external drive. Maybe the mkv file you are trying to play have a non standard format have you tried another mkv file?

Tried multiple files and same happens.

Nos
20-09-10, 17:20
Love the image folks, I've got mkv files playing with no issues from a usb hard drive. The only issue I have is the EPG Refresh will not work if the USB Hard Drive is plugged in. If I go to do a manual refresh, I hear the USB Drive wake up and nothing gets imported. If I unplug the USB Hard drive everything works fine but I don't want to be doing that all the time! Any idea'? thanks!

I'm having exactly the same problem with USB drive connected. It works fine without drive.

koyote_0942
20-09-10, 23:07
in the next release would be possible to tailor the information to Rytec Dplus XMLTV epg, information on some channels is zero or is not correct

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/720/72401825.jpg (http://img814.imageshack.us/i/72401825.jpg/)

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1208/33453767.jpg (http://img842.imageshack.us/i/33453767.jpg/)

andyblac
21-09-10, 00:38
in the next release would be possible to tailor the information to Rytec Dplus XMLTV epg, information on some channels is zero or is not correct

your best bet is to inform Tytec him self this a issue with data file not the image. so he need to know whats wrong so he can correct his data :)

Sicilian
21-09-10, 05:29

Please post a list of channel references that need EPG correcting in a seperate thread to this, I'll then report them to Rytec for you.

azimli
21-09-10, 12:43
EPG not working 7, 42 and 13

raikkok
21-09-10, 13:04
Hi everbody

At first, thanks so much to VIX TEAM

I write from Spain.

I try with other images (DreamElite, Openpli..) and this one, itīs the only one can with a mkv mine of 23 gb called "Inglori** Bast***"

The interface is very wonderfull and colorfull.

I use scripts, where do i put them? in /etc/init.d and run manual with telnet or how?

Thanks so much

ToMaJo
21-09-10, 15:28
I just stumbled upon a green screen :

While viewing a recording I selected help and then skipped down with the arrow-down button to reach the pause function.
As soon as the selection reaches pause the box crashes and restarts.
I tried this several times all with the same result. Attached is the generated crashlog.

mushroom
21-09-10, 16:29
Hi
I am generally satisfied with vix image.The only thing that disturbs me is that after some hours of inactivity the box respond very slow to remote control signal and in general is very slow and unusuable.I need to turn the power supply off to get it working fast again.Any solution for this problem?

andyblac
21-09-10, 19:19
I just stumbled upon a green screen :

While viewing a recording I selected help and then skipped down with the arrow-down button to reach the pause function.
As soon as the selection reaches pause the box crashes and restarts.
I tried this several times all with the same result. Attached is the generated crashlog.

fixed in 1.1

ToMaJo
21-09-10, 22:09
Thanks, looking forward to that, and not just for this error ;)

pooface
22-09-10, 10:24
Hi
I am generally satisfied with vix image.The only thing that disturbs me is that after some hours of inactivity the box respond very slow to remote control signal and in general is very slow and unusuable.I need to turn the power supply off to get it working fast again.Any solution for this problem?

OK, one question... What EPG data are you using?

mushroom
22-09-10, 20:57
OK, one question... What EPG data are you using?

Hi
Thanks for reply.Well as i remember now i enabled all epg data as i have all those satellites installed.This must be the problem right? i will try to remove some providers.

meggers
23-09-10, 13:29
Hi again guys, Still looking for a couple of answers.

2 Questions? I know they may be stupid but can someone please answer them

1. I cannot find any way to get a webinterface (browser) through this image on my TV. I see the configuration settings (in plugins)but cannot find any button on the remote allowing me to bring up a browser or any additional plugin on that would work as one? (I have looked through this thread and apologise if this question has already been asked).

2. Is there any way to set the clock on the Vu+ Duo. Mine is often out by a few hours and it screws up the EPG. A reboot o(or Two) usully fixes it but it is a bit of a pain.

3. When can we expect to see v1.1?

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Meggers

grtmoby
23-09-10, 13:36
1. the webinterface is not a browser u can see and use on your TV, webinterface is only used a way to connect from your pc to the duo.

2. you do it manually through thelnet but this only works till u restart the duo. another way around is to adjust the timezone to make it equalize the difference u r facing...

3. very very soon, just the final touches is being put :D

soulmate
23-09-10, 15:15
noticed that my stb is endlessly slow when restarting with a hard reset. I have EPG setup (1 provider) and cccam/oscam running. It takes forever to start up and clear a channel and in general everything is "delayed"...

soulmate
23-09-10, 16:34
okay found it myself: If you have CCcam server set in OSCam configuration you'll get : "WARNING: pipe header to small". That seems to be a reported problem with svn1810 of OScam. You either disable CCcam option in OScam config or you might try to exchange the OScam file in the image...

soulmate
23-09-10, 17:32
sorry for posting again but I can't edit my previous posts (maybe a mod could be so kind to do that for me).

I have included all the files changed with the latest oscam available and changed all the scripts.
Please backup the original files and chmod the new ones to "755". DO a complete restart of the receiver.

One little bug remains in the OSD when selecting the cam (menu->settings->softcam setup->select cam) you will still see oscam_0.99.4/CCcam_2.14 instead of oscam_1.00. Sorry for that it, I can't find the files to edit in order to display it correctly.
The oscam file was taken from the official oscam distribution file. I tested it here with my : Sky Germany S02 and HD+ cards. Zapping from HD channel to HD channel seems faster than with previous oscam.

meggers
23-09-10, 19:29
Thanks a lot for the replies, Good to hear 1.1. is coming soon.

I kinda guessed the clock issue was a nono.

Sorry about question 1. I see now that the webinterface config is for the web browser on your PC. That said, I am surprised that there is no browser plugin available for the VU+ as there are plenty of plugins that access the web (Mytube, IMDB etc). Is there even a way to manually display a URL on your TV?

soulmate
24-09-10, 06:20
hi,
updated scripts & bin files (found my spellling bug)

Stanman
24-09-10, 19:21
Is any one else having problems with recordings being pixalated but if you rewind and than watch again its OK?

pooface
24-09-10, 19:43
Is any one else having problems with recordings being pixalated but if you rewind and than watch again its OK?

Did you replace the libgcc.so (or whatever file) to try and make ecm times show from cccam info??? That's likely the problem...

andyblac
25-09-10, 00:23
hi,
updated scripts & bin files (found my spellling bug)

DO NOT USE THESE with our image it will break the softcam manger

soulmate
25-09-10, 09:14
I have them working now. Made clen and proper scripts and bin files. Those do not break the softcam manager. Or at least nothing's borken here.

EMUS:
-CCcam 2.13
-CCcam 2.14
-OSCam 1.00#svn3199
SCRIPTS:
-CCcam 2.13
-CCcam 2.14
-CCcam 2.13/OSCam 1.00
-CCcam 2.14/OSCam 1.00

If needed, I can post them here or send to one of the team members.

Stanman
25-09-10, 10:47
Did you replace the libgcc.so (or whatever file) to try and make ecm times show from cccam info??? That's likely the problem...

Nope, have not added any extras, its as it came, I don't have PTS on either.

andyblac
25-09-10, 11:40
I have them working now. Made clen and proper scripts and bin files. Those do not break the softcam manager. Or at least nothing's borken here.

EMUS:
-CCcam 2.13
-CCcam 2.14
-OSCam 1.00#svn3199
SCRIPTS:
-CCcam 2.13
-CCcam 2.14
-CCcam 2.13/OSCam 1.00
-CCcam 2.14/OSCam 1.00

If needed, I can post them here or send to one of the team members.

with the new 1.1 softcam Manager it has all changed, the softcam's will be independent of each other so you can mix and match, and you can 'Manage' them, but you will not be able to add your own, if there is a softcam you need you'll have to ask for to be configured. the softcam that are in the feeds are:

CCcam 2.13
CCcam 2.14
MGcamd.1.35a
Oscam 0.99.4.2090
Oscam 1.00.3199

G4TKR
25-09-10, 13:13
I have been using the Image since it was released and especially like the EPG / record functions. Excellent work.

I have one problem / feature:
I get an egg timer at regular interval's and while it is active I can not access the box. Any ideas?
Is there any logs I can look at to see what is going on.

andyblac
25-09-10, 13:41
I have been using the Image since it was released and especially like the EPG / record functions. Excellent work.

I have one problem / feature:
I get an egg timer at regular interval's and while it is active I can not access the box. Any ideas?
Is there any logs I can look at to see what is going on.

yes, that is your AutoTimer checking for new shows, you can change the interval if it is too frequent for you, Whilst in AutoTimers press menu then go to setup

ford
30-09-10, 15:07
Hi.

Sorry if this has beed discussed before, but is there an aspect ratio control plugin for VIX??
Great image by the way.
Thank you to all involved.

Sicilian
30-09-10, 21:58
Hi.

Sorry if this has beed discussed before, but is there an aspect ratio control plugin for VIX??
Great image by the way.
Thank you to all involved.

I believe Auto resolution.

ford
01-10-10, 07:20

Hmmmmm ok, thanks.
I'll go try find that setting wherever it is Lol

Cheers again mate!

Berggren
01-10-10, 08:00
Hmmmmm ok, thanks.
I'll go try find that setting wherever it is Lol
Cheers again mate!
You need to download the plugin to be able to change the settings.
But itīs in the pluginmeny, so no problems there.

ford
01-10-10, 16:20

Thanks mate.

I just set to just scale 4:3 in AV settings

ford
01-10-10, 16:21
You need to download the plugin to be able to change the settings.
But itīs in the pluginmeny, so no problems there.

Thanks my friend, but it must be me because I can't see it in the plugins list from ther server???

Sicilian
01-10-10, 16:40
Thanks my friend, but it must be me because I can't see it in the plugins list from ther server???

What version of VIX are you using?

ford
01-10-10, 17:25
Vix 1.1 Sir

Image experimental: 2010-09-26

Thank you.

The more I play with the settings the more impressed I am with this nice image, especially the perfect EPG.

I am tring the get the program event time elapsed banners up alongside each channel in the bouguet as shown in the screenshot here at the moment.

Very nice image.

Thank you all.

ford
01-10-10, 18:39
just uploaded all Picons.
Sweeeeeeeeet.

ford
03-10-10, 07:01
Well........
The more I play with it, the image too:Dit's great.
The functionalities are almost limitless:p
Gonna try get ECM info to work later.
I have the file to FTP to var/lib and will report if any slowing down, as has been feared that might be the case?

Image rocks guys.

Just donated.

Very well done, and thank you so much.:tea:

andyblac
03-10-10, 10:10
Well........
The more I play with it, the image too:Dit's great.
The functionalities are almost limitless:p
Gonna try get ECM info to work later.
I have the file to FTP to var/lib and will report if any slowing down, as has been feared that might be the case?

Image rocks guys.

Just donated.

Very well done, and thank you so much.:tea:

the file basically disables hardware FPU, and enables software FPU, that why we don't recommend it :)

ford
03-10-10, 12:25
the file basically disables hardware FPU, and enables software FPU, that why we don't recommend it :)

Thanks Andy.

Will ECM info be displayed on the next release please, because next to the ecm info it says nan????

A great many thanks for the very quick, and helpful reply.

Stanman
03-10-10, 12:49
Thanks Andy.

Will ECM info be displayed on the next release please, because next to the ecm info it says nan????

A great many thanks for the very quick, and helpful reply.
He posted elsewhere on this forum its to do with a conflict between CCcam and OE1.6, only CCcam can fix it nothing to do with the image.

ford
03-10-10, 13:05
He posted elsewhere on this forum its to do with a conflict between CCcam and OE1.6, only CCcam can fix it nothing to do with the image.

Thank you mate.
I guess we'll have to wait for Cccam update then?

Cheers for that.

Am pretty new to the Vu+

ford
06-10-10, 20:23
DAFT QUESTION????

In the bouquet display I can't get the time banner up as in the screenshot here to the right side of the channel number.
Have messed with the settings to no avail.
Am using Catseye settings.

Cheers...

grtmoby
06-10-10, 20:36
goto menu>setup>system>customize
and change "show even-progress in channel selection" to YES

ford
06-10-10, 21:41
goto menu>setup>system>customize
and change "show even-progress in channel selection" to YES

Thanks my friend, is great.

I feel a bit of an idiot. lol

Stanman
07-10-10, 18:19
If you are using VIX, go into menu and than vix and than skin and there is a setting to show remaining time, need to set it to yes.

ford
07-10-10, 19:17
If you are using VIX, go into menu and than vix and than skin and there is a setting to show remaining time, need to set it to yes.

All I wish for now is for the ECM info time to work on the banner, but have been told it's a CCcam issue!
Lets wait, and see.

Thanks for the answer bro....

Sicilian
08-10-10, 15:57
I'm closing this thread now as it was for VIX 1.0, please can all VIX1.1 discussion go here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2601-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-v1.1-26-09-2010

Thanks.