PDA

View Full Version : VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image - 05/09/2010 - Discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3

polimario
07-09-10, 11:42
Your new release is really very beautiful and functional.
I want to ask only two questions:
1) How do I map the hard drive in your image? There is a plugin to do so? I see the HD in FTP but I can not format it.
2) When a new release will come with drivers for DVBT?

Thanks for the work you do for us all.
Polimario

pege63
07-09-10, 11:43
You can install autoresolution from the plugins feed ;)
Hmm cant se any plugin for autoresolution there and there is not so much so it cant be missed?

satsatsat
07-09-10, 11:57
i have used all images and this is very impressive i have to say...like others just spent two months getting everying sorted on pli and now will use this for a while...really like it...well done...only issue for me is that on search for channels its finding evrything from 57e to 1w. then after 1w is being a bit unpredictable - ive got a 1.2m dish and normally go up to 45w. ive put dreambox 7020 back on and tm9101 and both work in that respect so it is not the dish......pli and DE both had all channels in last few weeks..and ive only used this image since sunday...any ideas

Sicilian
07-09-10, 11:57
Hmm cant se any plugin for autoresolution there and there is not so much so it cant be missed?

Thought i'd seen it in there, will have to check this evening.

stanley1
07-09-10, 12:15
nice image, can't get epg manual update to work.

pege63
07-09-10, 12:18
Where can i change the subtitles color and size and where i want them on screen?
Do i have to change this in the skin.xml manualy?

DrProzac
07-09-10, 12:21
I'm also having some problems with the EPG Update.
I just get 0 Events each time I've tried to update it?

If I select a more than a couple of providers I get a crash. (but I don't seem to have had a crash log generated?)

pooface
07-09-10, 12:23
When you're trying to do the epg update, press the epg button whilst still in the updater programme, and it should giv eyou a log file... There should be the option to save the file. Do that and post the log here...

Mr. Mister
07-09-10, 12:26

Autoresolution is the 3 plug-in down in the system plug-ins menu..

One thing i noticed last night was it took about a minute to load all the plugins in the menu..

This was just a 1st time issue.. and they loaded right away each time after that..

Hope this helps..

jjp2701
07-09-10, 12:34
nearly got everything working, i just need to know how to record on a external device,like usb stick, or external hard drive, please

andyblac
07-09-10, 12:37
I'm also having some problems with the EPG Update.
I just get 0 Events each time I've tried to update it?

If I select a more than a couple of providers I get a crash. (but I don't seem to have had a crash log generated?)

are you using SATMATE ?, if so, that why, the 'Events' is for Rytec only

jjp2701
07-09-10, 12:41
i used the rytek uk epg and all working fine for me now, the manual update done it all

DrProzac
07-09-10, 13:06
Don't think I'm using SATMAN.
I think it's the one that's pre-installed.

When I do that I just seem to get 0 Events?

andyblac
07-09-10, 13:09
Don't think I'm using SATMAN.
I think it's the one that's pre-installed.

When I do that I just seem to get 0 Events?

lol, you have choose to install ALL, of them ?, i think you have it the wrong way around, X is selected

polimario
07-09-10, 13:13
Pls Reply. Tks

1) How do I map the hard drive in your image? There is a plugin to do so? I see the HD in FTP but I can not format it.

Thanks for the work you do for us all.
Polimario

andyblac
07-09-10, 13:17

if you can see it in FTP '/hdd' then it should be mounted allready ?, if you can see it why format it ?, if you can;t see either, then go to SETUP --> SYSTEM -- HARDDISK

as for DVBT not just yet, other thing to do first, but i'm sure we add the just as soon as we can :)

paul362
07-09-10, 13:19
Ok people having a few glitches when playing back my recording !! anyone else seeing this ? I'm getting stuttering and freezes constantly, this was never seen before on VTI or DE ? I will add however that i have not reinitialize the HD since changing from DE as the Vix image had no problems seeing the HD and therefor saved all my previous recordings.

pege63
07-09-10, 13:44
Autoresolution is the 3 plug-in down in the system plug-ins menu..

One thing i noticed last night was it took about a minute to load all the plugins in the menu..

This was just a 1st time issue.. and they loaded right away each time after that..

Hope this helps..

No cant se it, i think i allready installed it and the nfi backup plugin also but they dont show up in plugin menu.
That maybe why they don been seen in download dont know?
I think i go back to OpenPli until its has gone some time and newer vers shows up, but nice work

Sicilian
07-09-10, 13:47
Thanks. I know this very well, but as I mention in my request for help, this sources are very limited to just a few providers. I need for 39E, Bulsatcom. With the other images EPG working like a charm and I don't need to download or import anything. I like this image, but I will go back to VTI until this issue is fixed somehow.

I think bulsat might have been missed on our EPG sources file. I'll add to mine and test this evening. If everything is ok I'll upload the updated sources file this evening.

andyblac
07-09-10, 14:12
No cant se it, i think i allready installed it and the nfi backup plugin also but they dont show up in plugin menu.
I think i go back to OpenPli until its has gone some time and newer vers shows up, but nice work

if autoresolution installed then configure it via the Menus

Mr. Mister
07-09-10, 14:12

OK.. Dont go to back to OpenPli just yet.. Stick with it.. You will get it sorted..

If you have downloaded it.. it will be in your plugin browser..

Just a long press of your blue button and it should be there in the list of other plugins..

bobonthejob
07-09-10, 14:28
I downloaded the nfiflash from the plugins menu but that did not do anything. I also tried to manually install the nfi flash backup plugin but that did not work either.

To remove....go back to the plugin menu...press red to remove plugins... i think the backup pplugin will be bought in to the next release.

Manafa
07-09-10, 14:30
I think bulsat might have been missed on our EPG sources file. I'll add to mine and test this evening. If everything is ok I'll upload the updated sources file this evening.

This will be great. Thanks a lot in advance.

pege63
07-09-10, 14:34
OK.. Dont go to back to OpenPli just yet.. Stick with it.. You will get it sorted..

If you have downloaded it.. it will be in your plugin browser..

Just a long press of your blue button and it should be there in the list of other plugins..

Dont helps is not there and its not in downloading plugins, maybe my memory is full with pluggins i have a lot in the plugin list.
But thanks for your help;)

pooface
07-09-10, 14:36
Ok people having a few glitches when playing back my recording !! anyone else seeing this ? I'm getting stuttering and freezes constantly, this was never seen before on VTI or DE ? I will add however that i have not reinitialize the HD since changing from DE as the Vix image had no problems seeing the HD and therefor saved all my previous recordings.

Did you install the fix for the ecm times being nan?! i.e. the libgcc.so or whatever the filename is?! If so, that is your culprit. As mentioned in the thread, it causes problems with the box, and had problems with the recordings when I put that fix in too. The actual recording was fine (well, was for me, but that was from a fta channel). When I press the rewind button, it would show what had stuttered perfectly fine...

So, restore the file and you should be fine...

samad
07-09-10, 14:39
I flashed my vu+ duo first time yesterday with VIX image.

I have a quesiton.

I basically followed the instrucs and copied those reuired files on the usb stick, and then put it in the usb slot and restart my vu.

now I saw NOTHING on the screen, but on the display of my vu+ duo it said "reading from usb ...." so I just waited!

TV was showing black screen, after 10 minutes or so, I got a msg on my VU+ display that ready for reboot.

So I just rebooted and VIX image was installed and was there!

So is this normal? I thought one would see instrucs on the screen when you flash?

pooface
07-09-10, 14:39
Dont helps is not there and its not in downloading plugins, maybe my memory is full with pluggins i have a lot in the plugin list.
But thanks for your help;)

As was said previously, the autoresolution plugin appears in the settings menu from what I remember, not in the plugins list...

pooface
07-09-10, 14:42
I flashed my vu+ duo first time yesterday with VIX image.

I have a quesiton.

I basically followed the instrucs and copied those reuired files on the usb stick, and then put it in the usb slot and restart my vu.

now I saw NOTHING on the screen, but on the display of my vu+ duo it said "reading from usb ...." so I just waited!

TV was showing black screen, after 10 minutes or so, I got a msg on my VU+ display that ready for reboot.

So I just rebooted and VIX image was installed and was there!

So is this normal? I thought one would see instrucs on the screen when you flash?

No, that is perfectly normal. Whilst it is flashing, it does not display anything to a tv from the outputs. All communication is made from the vfd. It will have gone through the process of:

Starting... -> Reading USB -> Programming -> Reading USB -> Programming -> Remove usb and restart box.

Shouldn't take 10 minutes though. Only usually takes about 2 or 3 minutes from what I remember (maybe even less as I've never really timed it :p)...

dmgp
07-09-10, 14:43
I cannot find where to put Keys and SCCE on this image, can you advise please, there are still a few channels open with this method. TIA
Otherwise all working fine, a different skin (Default ) does not have the bar across the media player menu I reported earlier.
rgds
dmgp

Mr. Mister
07-09-10, 15:14
As was said previously, the autoresolution plugin appears in the settings menu from what I remember, not in the plugins list...

Mine is in systemplugins.. i am looking at it now..

andyblac
07-09-10, 15:23
ok guys here is some screenies for the new Overscan option

Sicilian
07-09-10, 15:28
ok guys here is some screenies for the new Overscan option

How does the overscan option affect the bouquets with the text moved over to the right?

bobonthejob
07-09-10, 15:35
Just a minor :D one... you prob spotted already but single 'm' in amount...

andyblac
07-09-10, 15:50
How does the overscan option affect the bouquets with the text moved over to the right?

exactly the same as menu's, anything that uses the menu style background gets shifted over

Sicilian
07-09-10, 16:03
exactly the same as menu's, anything that uses the menu style background gets shifted over

Oh sorry m8, i've just looked at the screenshots again, fully understand now :)

delahzo
07-09-10, 16:03
Hi there,

Been using the image since Sunday and noticed a few things:

Pressing the EPG button brings up Coolguide but shows 'tearing' at top of screen for a few moments as if it's about to greenscreen (it doesn't)

I can report that the backup plugin does not appear in my plugins list after downloading

Hope this helps.
Really enjoying this image - the implementation of autotimer is very welcome!

andyblac
07-09-10, 16:17
Hi there,

Been using the image since Sunday and noticed a few things:

Pressing the EPG button brings up Coolguide but shows 'tearing' at top of screen for a few moments as if it's about to greenscreen (it doesn't)

I can report that the backup plugin does not appear in my plugins list after downloading

Hope this helps.
Really enjoying this skin - the implementation of autotimer is very welcome!

i need to do more code optimisation on the plugin, as it was not my own i just tweaked it a litle to get the image released but i do have plans to recode it to make it faster (hopefully)

regarding AutoTimer i have done allot of work to get it work properly (so it actually finds the programs, so thanks

basilyoung
07-09-10, 16:18
just read my way through the various post on this thread, I wish peeps would stop posting,...I have only been away for 24 hours, and 40+ postings, its like trying to read a scrolling news paper @ 100 miles an hour :)

this has to be one of the fastest moving threads, a big thank you to the boards team, for staying with it

baz

andyblac
07-09-10, 16:25
ok guys, regarding Subtitle Colours, if i make the default colour to White, it will not change colour for each person, so it will make it hard to understand why saying what, so i think it best to leave the TTX subs as they are

andyblac
07-09-10, 16:26
just read my way through the various post on this thread, I wish peeps would stop posting,...I have only been away for 24 hours, and 40+ postings, its like trying to read a scrolling news paper @ 100 miles an hour :)

this has to be one of the fastest moving threads, a big thank you to the boards team, for staying with it

baz

as well as, testing bugging and coding, just as well as i can multitask :)

delahzo
07-09-10, 16:27
i need to do more code optimisation on the plugin, as it was not my own i just tweaked it a litle to get the image released but i do have plans to recode it to make it faster (hopefully)

regarding AutoTimer i have doe alot of work to get it work properly (so it actually finds the programs, so thanks

Your autotimer is the killer feature for me at the moment (plus the image just looks really clean) - it works great, so cheers and thanks back! :-)

Berggren
07-09-10, 18:09
ok guys, regarding Subtitle Colours, if i make the default colour to White, it will not change colour for each person, so it will make it hard to understand why saying what, so i think it best to leave the TTX subs as they are
This I do understand regarding the crappy linebreaks that appear right now.
BUT, if we were able to implement the type of linebreaks that PLi has, it would be alot nicer wouldnīt it?
I have no skill in coding so i donīt know where to begin regarding this issue. But it should be fixable donīt you think without to much effort?
Or are the guys coding for PLi wizards? :cool:

Ps, love the work you put in to this image so donīt get me wrong and take my comments as critizism. I just love to take things further and keep improving them even more if I can contribute with ideas and so on.
The autotimer is GREAT, good work on that one!

andyblac
07-09-10, 18:10
Deletetion of recordings (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2056-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-05-09-2010-Discussion&p=13942&viewfull=1#post13942) - too easy to delete a recording ,i prefer a two button press asking me if i'm seriously going to delete (could possibly be added in to the options, to enable or disable the option of a "are you sure?") 07-09-2010
this is not needed, as it moves the file to trash not delete it, and if you turn off trachcan, it will give you "Are You Sure ?"

Subtitle colours (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2056-VIX-Team-Vu-Duo-Image-05-09-2010-Discussion&p=13904&viewfull=1#post13904) - Change the default colour to white 07-09-2010
if did this, it would make ALL subtitles for TTX white, and thus you will not know who is saying what. (the current way each person speaking has there own colour)

andyblac
07-09-10, 18:22
This I do understand regarding the crappy linebreaks that appear right now.
BUT, if we were able to implement the type of linebreaks that PLi has, it would be alot nicer wouldnīt it?
I have no skill in coding so i donīt know where to begin regarding this issue. But it should be fixable donīt you think without to much effort?
Or are the guys coding for PLi wizards? :cool:

Ps, love the work you put in to this image so donīt get me wrong and take my comments as critizism. I just love to take things further and keep improving them even more if I can contribute with ideas and so on.
The autotimer is GREAT, good work on that one!

this image is not using the open pli git, although as PLi it open source i'll take a look and try to work out how they have done it :)

Dapperdan
07-09-10, 18:49
The best image to date, Anyone else having problems with CCam info , when I press any button it crashes the box.

The other problem is getting my motor working using the advanced settings, I have given each sat a number,I can lock onto any sat, but when i store them and select a channel on another sat it fails to lock onto it. I have to do it manualy.

the motor worked with my dreambox with no problems.

Any ideas?

jcl
07-09-10, 19:11

Menu/Plugins/Green button/system plugins about the third one down
Regards
jcl

sacha35
07-09-10, 19:17
Just installed this image. Outstanding work people, this is by far the best image I have used, well done to everyone who worked on this, it all works right from first boot.

alom23
07-09-10, 19:27
well done for a great image..thanks

Mr. Mister
07-09-10, 19:35
Hi guys..

Can you tell me please.. if its possible to change boot-logo if i wanted to.. with dreambox logo generator.. ??

Just wanted to ask as i dont want to mess up my settings.. lol..

Thanks

bassethound
07-09-10, 19:54
Just ftp to /usr/share and add your new boot-logo over writing the old files and a GUI restart

jcl
07-09-10, 19:57
Hi Guys
got this image installed in my vu+ works brilliant now I've sorted the epg.
I have also installed this image in my son's vu+ and when viewing any fta HD channels the picture freezes a lot.
If I disconnect the internet connection from the box the freezing stops.
Any ideas what would be causing this to freezing when connected to the internet
Thanks
jcl

guff daddy
07-09-10, 20:22
:eek:Echo what others have said - this is a serious contender for best VU+ image. Integration of AutoTimer into Cool TV Guide is just brilliant. CrossEPG installed and working perfectly. Skin is classy - a few skin options would help though...

Couple of things
1) in Help menu, I get a greenscreen on third page of Help
2) I don't have permanent timeshift turned on, but am getting weird issues with timeshifted programs - suddenly pixellating and freezing until I FF a little, then works fine again.
3) in the Menu/Setup/VU HD+/Skin Settings menu what does "Choose a Plugin to patch" do?
4) minor issue - in Cool TV Guide I reassigned the blue button to provide bouquet list and yellow to AutoTimer. In the main screen the Blue is labelled but the Yellow is not.

Couple of suggestions
1) integrate Software Manager so that settings can be restored post install, and also Plugins can be managed as a software catalogue. I installed it but it uses the old Vu skin colours and looks crap
2) Maybe an extra menu item under VU HD+ menu to install and run scripts
3) obviously Wireless USB and DVB-T USB support would put this image head and shoulders above other contenders

Finally - now that DE have gone tits up, I'm stuck for a decent image for my DM800. I tried Gemini (pile of crap - remote response is dreadfully slow), PLI (no Wireless USB for my TP-Link) and Newnigma2 (too weird in general). Howabout VIX porting this image to the DM series? :eek:

DrProzac
07-09-10, 20:36
lol, you have choose to install ALL, of them ?, i think you have it the wrong way around, X is selected

That was just a test!
To see if I got any event on any of them.
But it all seems to be working now anyway.

Mr. Mister
07-09-10, 20:43
Sorry for being a pest tonight guys..

I already have my EPG set up.. but my next door neighbour is having a problem..

I went next door to set up his epg.. and i cant remember how i done it.. lmao.. I know.. Getting old.. lol

Can anyone please refresh my memory.. ??

Thanks

alom23
07-09-10, 20:48
press blue button and take it from there

Mr. Mister
07-09-10, 21:02
press blue button and take it from there

Thanks for the reply..

I thought i was loosing my marbles there for a couple of hours..

We have went to the EPG import.. and set it up.. no hassles there..

But there is still no EPG working at all..

When i press a long red on my VU i get the full channel list on thats channel.. no probs at all..

When i do this on my neighbours.. Its just a blank window..

Any help please.. ??

Thanks

jcl
07-09-10, 21:06
Sorry for being a pest tonight guys..

I already have my EPG set up.. but my next door neighbour is having a problem..

I went next door to set up his epg.. and i cant remember how i done it.. lmao.. I know.. Getting old.. lol

Can anyone please refresh my memory.. ??

Thanks
blue button/ epgimport/ blue button/select epg from list highlight it press ok/then green button /then yellow button.
Regards
jcl

Mr. Mister
07-09-10, 21:26
blue button/ epgimport/ blue button/select epg from list highlight it press ok/then green button /then yellow button.
Regards
jcl

Excellent.. That just worked a treat.. lol

Thanks alot..

Sicilian
07-09-10, 21:31
This will be great. Thanks a lot in advance.

Here's an updated sources file, it includes Bulsat.

Extract the rytec.source.xml file then FTP to /etc/epgimport overwriting the existing.

Manafa
07-09-10, 21:44
Thanks a lot. I will test it and report.

DrProzac
07-09-10, 22:00
Can you access ppanels on this image?

I can't find it anywhere?

Manafa
07-09-10, 22:14
Here's an updated sources file, it includes Bulsat.

Extract the rytec.source.xml file then FTP to /etc/epgimport overwriting the existing.

It's work now. Thanks, mate. You make me very happy. Cheers.

grtmoby
07-09-10, 22:33
Can you access ppanels on this image?

I can't find it anywhere?

ppanels is not available

levi45
07-09-10, 22:39
how can i create my own bootlogo please...

sadlove
07-09-10, 22:40
gr8 img but i still have problem with 60Hz via HDMI cable

i cant watch SD channels

i hope you make an img with old drivers like DE 11 or vti 0.7

or fix this problem as all we USA users cant use the new imgs after 3-2010

thank you

grtmoby
07-09-10, 22:41
how can i create my own bootlogo please...

all u need is found here

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1230-Bootlogos&p=6885&viewfull=1#post6885

DrProzac
07-09-10, 22:43
ppanels is not available

That'll be why then :o

andyblac
07-09-10, 22:55
That'll be why then :o

why do you need it ?

DrProzac
07-09-10, 23:39
Was just trying to get some script to work.
But I think I've found out my Error now....

koyote_0942
07-09-10, 23:46
does this plugin (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1946-Multi-QuickButton-f%FCr-VU-Solo-Duo-Version-2.7.2) work in extreme vix image?

Tkr001
08-09-10, 04:35
Can anybody explain why I get picture and sound for all FTA channels but just a blank screen for the encrypted ones. I have my smartcard inserted and it all works fine with the open PLI image.

zola25
08-09-10, 04:37
What cam/softcam are you using and what card?

Tkr001
08-09-10, 04:54
What cam/softcam are you using and what card?

I don't think I am using a CAM and that is probably the problem. How would I go about finding out what my open pli image is using? I am using a SkyTV card (New Zealand)

bob1
08-09-10, 07:27
I have noticed that if you ftp a keys folder into var it gets deleted on a reboot.

Sicilian
08-09-10, 07:41
I have noticed that if you ftp a keys folder into var it gets deleted on a reboot.

That's something we need to implement.

pooface
08-09-10, 08:16

i cant watch SD channels

thank you

Suggest you talk to vu+ about that, as it is obviously something that needs fixing in their drivers...

alex at vuplus dot com ;)

pooface
08-09-10, 08:18
I don't think I am using a CAM and that is probably the problem. How would I go about finding out what my open pli image is using? I am using a SkyTV card (New Zealand)

Not sure about nz cards, but you will defo need a cam... Download cccam, and the cccam.cfg found earlier in the thread (or was it another post?!), and use that. See if it clears it for you...

DrProzac
08-09-10, 08:36
That's something we need to implement.

I'm looking for that as well.
I've currently leaving keys in /usr/keys
With a symlink from /var

But again this gets deleted as well.
Just need to create the symlink each time, not a big issue, ut just need to remember to do it.

andyblac
08-09-10, 08:59

for CCcam just create a folder called 'keys' in '/etc'
then add something like this to your CCcam.cfg.

SOFTKEY FILE : /etc/keys/SoftCam.Key

DrProzac
08-09-10, 09:20
Hi Andy,

I'm using mgcamd.
Trouble is that looks for a /var/keys file for the config.
I can seem to find any way around that at the moment. Apart from making the symlink. Which has to be done on each re-start.

andyblac
08-09-10, 10:12
Hi Andy,

I'm using mgcamd.
Trouble is that looks for a /var/keys file for the config.
I can seem to find any way around that at the moment. Apart from making the symlink. Which has to be done on each re-start.

ok, i recoding the softcam manager now, to check for this, it will work like this:

it checks for /etc/softkeys/keys folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/keys
and also
it checks for /etc/softkeys/scce folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/scce

BTW what installer are you using for mgcamd ?, and i'll see about adding it our feeds.

Stanman
08-09-10, 10:15
If you install this now and a new image is released, will you have to do a fresh reinstall?

swagner
08-09-10, 10:47
Vix image 05-09-10 installed on my VU+ duo:
1. For some reason I can Ftp and telnet to the Vu+ but if I try to SSH using putty I get a message "Access denied". There is no password setup on the box as far as I know (none needed for Ftp and Telnet). Please advise.

2. I want to mount a shared folder named "Movies" on my PC to the VU+ using MountManager to a folder named "pcmovies" on the vu+.
I have made it work by creating the "pcmovies" folder in /media and runing the following mount command:
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.84/Movies /media/pcmovies -o username=xxx,password=xxx
To make it work after reboot I have edited the fstab file by adding the following line:
//192.168.1.84/Movies /media/pcmovies cifs username=xxx,password=xxx,_netdev 0 0

Using MountManager can anywone advise the correct parameters to mount:

Mounts editor
Active: enable
Local share name: ?folder on VU+? /media/pcmovies
Mount type: CIFS share
Server IP: ? my pc ip ?
Server Share: ? share name of my folder on pc? /Movies

Thanks

If I want to enter a / in "Local share name" is it possible using the remote??

andyblac
08-09-10, 11:35
If you install this now and a new image is released, will you have to do a fresh reinstall?

i'm looking into getting the "sofware update" working :) so hopefully no

DrProzac
08-09-10, 11:41
ok, i recoding the softcam manager now, to check for this, it will work like this:

it checks for /etc/softkeys/keys folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/keys
and also
it checks for /etc/softkeys/scce folder it it does not exist it creates it's, then it symlinks it to /var/scce

BTW what installer are you using for mgcamd ?, and i'll see about adding it our feeds.

I can't remeber where I got the download from to be honest.
It was a manal install.

And hence why I got no startup scripts and bullsed my one up.
The other thing I do is to rename the oscam???? to just oscam as when you manual update the oscam version it's much easier than changing all the scripts again, but I think this is where i messed up!

andyblac
08-09-10, 12:12
I can't remeber where I got the download from to be honest.
It was a manal install.

And hence why I got no startup scripts and bullsed my one up.
The other thing I do is to rename the oscam???? to just oscam as when you manual update the oscam version it's much easier than changing all the scripts again, but I think this is where i messed up!

yes, if you are using it from my feed, dont rename anything or you will brake it :)

DrProzac
08-09-10, 12:19
Any chance you can upload just the startup script please on it's own, so I can put back the original? Or will it be easier just to remove the re-install the lot, as I only need the startup script.

If I update either of the cams I'll just rename the cam instead of the script in future!!

yngvekl
08-09-10, 12:53
...If I want to enter a / in "Local share name" is it possible using the remote??

Yes, multiple times on the "0" button

/Yngve

andyblac
08-09-10, 12:57
Any chance you can upload just the startup script please on it's own, so I can put back the original? Or will it be easier just to remove the re-install the lot, as I only need the startup script.

If I update either of the cams I'll just rename the cam instead of the script in future!!

what stratup script ?

Sicilian
08-09-10, 13:13
this plugin works in extreme vix image?

No, we have quick buttons already setup.

Sistem.Prof.
08-09-10, 13:58
Hi;
Friends, I am writing from Turkey.
Thank you very much for the image.
Very beautiful image of our country than this, but some deficiencies have been.
For instance, in Turkey broadcasting platforms (D Smart (42E) and Digiturk (7E), the EPG information can not be displayed. We ask to be added.
Skin on the EPG and setting a lower level of the users is set to become fully We would be delighted if you give.

Good work.

pooface
08-09-10, 14:38
Hi;
Friends, I am writing from Turkey.
Thank you very much for the image.
Very beautiful image of our country than this, but some deficiencies have been.
For instance, in Turkey broadcasting platforms (D Smart (42E) and Digiturk (7E), the EPG information can not be displayed. We ask to be added.
Skin on the EPG and setting a lower level of the users is set to become fully We would be delighted if you give.

Good work.

Do you know what epg system digiturk uses?!

DrProzac
08-09-10, 14:47
what stratup script ?

The OSCAM_CCCAM2.1.3 Softcam script in the /usr/script directory.

I wiped it by accident.

koyote_0942
08-09-10, 15:24
EPG information Dplus is not correct

Sicilian
08-09-10, 15:31
EPG information Dplus is not correct

Please post the service ref's of what's not correct so we can forward them to rytec. Start another thread when you report back, thanks :)

alom23
08-09-10, 16:08
hi is this image has Manuel ipk .gz. installer. if not will you be putting it in next version ?

Sicilian
08-09-10, 16:21
hi is this image has Manuel ipk .gz. installer. if not will you be putting it in next version ?

Its doesn't at the moment, but its on the list ;)

Its easy to install ipk files throught telnet though. FTP ipk to /tmp, then: -

ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

koyote_0942
08-09-10, 17:39
all information that goes here,all channels

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9219/23155752.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/i/23155752.jpg/)

Not the programming time or Not really programming

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1489/27268551.jpg (http://img685.imageshack.us/i/27268551.jpg/)

andyblac
08-09-10, 20:10
The OSCAM_CCCAM2.1.3 Softcam script in the /usr/script directory.

I wiped it by accident.

just remove the plugin, and reinstall it

bobonthejob
09-09-10, 09:52
When selecting channels or browsing through bouquets the front display on the STB shows the current selected item on screen. The channels show on the display, however is it possible to have the bouquet names show up too?

Thanks all.

sonc
09-09-10, 11:04
[QUOTE=swagner;14331]Vix image 05-09-10 installed on my VU+ duo:
1. For some reason I can Ftp and telnet to the Vu+ but if I try to SSH using putty I get a message "Access denied". There is no password setup on the box as far as I know (none needed for Ftp and Telnet). Please advise.

You need to set a password to use ssh. telnet to the Vu+ then use the 'passwd' command to set one.

Mr. Mister
09-09-10, 11:08
Open DCC and as normal make sure all ip`s are correct...
Clear the password in box provided
Click reconnect
Go to telnet
Type "passwd"
You will now be asked for new password.. type your new password
You will be asked to retype your new password.. and the letters you type may not show up.. but all is OK
Confirmed
Now go to configuration page and click on reconnect.

thats all there is to it... you should now be able to access all the setting on your box..

Hope this helps

andyblac
09-09-10, 15:58
When selecting channels or browsing through bouquets the front display on the STB shows the current selected item on screen. The channels show on the display, however is it possible to have the bouquet names show up too?

Thanks all.

there is not enough room?, it gets filled with the channel name

pooface
09-09-10, 16:10
there is not enough room?, it gets filled with the channel name

I think what bob was meaning andy, is when you choose the bouquet selection screen (i.e. the Blue button), show the name of the selected bouquet. When in the channel selection, show the name of the channel (correct me if wrong bob)...

MyB5
09-09-10, 16:15
How do I set up CCcam info? Where to edit my settings?

grtmoby
09-09-10, 16:26
if u mean cccam configuariotn then u shall find it in /etc under the name cccam.cfg

MyB5
09-09-10, 16:33
if u mean cccam configuariotn then u shall find it in /etc under the name cccam.cfg

No, I mean the "plugin", CCcam info 1.3c.

levi45
09-09-10, 16:38

how can i find out the epg system digiturk uses ....

grtmoby
09-09-10, 16:42
cccam info is an info plugin all setup for cccam goes into cccam.cfg

the setup of the info tool itself is on what it displays and what not. this can be done by opening the info screen n choose setup

levi45
09-09-10, 16:44
How do I set up CCcam info? Where to edit my settings?

you dont need to edit any settings just install the cccam info

Creatura
09-09-10, 16:54
In the OSD I don't see the satellite info (e.g. 19,2E, or 30W). Do I miss something?

Sicilian
09-09-10, 17:02
In the OSD I don't see the satellite info (e.g. 19,2E, or 30W). Do I miss something?

Press OK twice ;)

MyB5
09-09-10, 17:47
you dont need to edit any settings just install the cccam info

Sure I need to edit my settings. It does'nt work for me. I have my config file in /etc, but no info displays...

yaninio
09-09-10, 17:54
Can i install other skins except VIX Team Vu_HD+ Skin now?

samypersian
09-09-10, 17:56
Hello
My friends can not plug my subtitleplayer_2.56 vix install image
Please help me. Thanks to all professors

andyblac
09-09-10, 18:01

not unless you code one :), the OE1.6 images requires different skins, you could try a VTI skin as that it based on Vu+ Base 5.2 as well, but backup first :)

grtmoby
09-09-10, 18:02
Sure I need to edit my settings. It does'nt work for me. I have my config file in /etc, but no info displays...

u mean u get "no ecm info"

so far only Vu HD+ is the only sking supported

Hello
My friends can not plug my subtitleplayer_2.56 vix install image
Please help me. Thanks to all professors

what error do u get and how are u installing it

koyote_0942
09-09-10, 18:15

HD-GLASS14 fot vti no sopport

samypersian
09-09-10, 18:29
How subtitleplayer_2.56 Plugins installed in the image should VIX

samypersian
09-09-10, 18:32
VIX in the image how to install plugins manually Thanks

grtmoby
09-09-10, 19:02
VIX in the image how to install plugins manually Thanks

ftp the ipk file to /tmp then open telnet session and type

ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

this is manual install of a plugin

leeuk
09-09-10, 19:14
im having a problem where if i import my favourite channel list (using the B16MCC Sly UK Bouquets v3.2.1)

all the Bouquets show but the channels just say channel unavailable and greyed out. it worked fine on dream elite image ?

hmd3j
09-09-10, 19:32
Great work thank everybody
but I have a question what the emu mgcamd compatible with this image ?
Is it a link to downloading

samypersian
09-09-10, 19:42
ftp the ipk file to /tmp then open telnet session and type

ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

this is manual install of a plugin

My friend got me to do this in my receiver how to install manually
Ipk install my receiver does not?

grtmoby
09-09-10, 19:49
can you post what happens and what message u get when u try to install manually

koyote_0942
09-09-10, 20:02
is possible in mode satambye on the LCD screen showing the date in Spanish language?

andyblac
09-09-10, 20:21
im having a problem where if i import my favourite channel list (using the B16MCC Sly UK Bouquets v3.2.1)

all the Bouquets show but the channels just say channel unavailable and greyed out. it worked fine on dream elite image ?

after you have restarted the gui, goto the tuner setup and make sure it is setup correctly, something after you upload new setting it changes.

leeuk
09-09-10, 20:59
already tried that but still cannot get any of the channels working

hav it
09-09-10, 21:14
if the cccam was not installed correctly would that stop the tuner from working. Iv noticed when i went into the settings, it says cam selected none then under that it got cccam 4.Even when iv selected it it goes back to none?

Sicilian
09-09-10, 21:15

Resend them with either dreamset or dreamboxedit, reboot the receiver then re-sheck tuner settings. Quite often the tuner defualts to 19deg when transferring settings / bouquets.

wolfen
09-09-10, 21:41
Will there be an mountmanager to this image?
It surely would help a'lot.. now i have to go into the box and check if it is mounted.. and my usb shows up as an HD and that is why i want an mountmanager like DE teams..
Anywhere to download it?

satmanbasil
09-09-10, 21:45
if the cccam was not installed correctly would that stop the tuner from working. Iv noticed when i went into the settings, it says cam selected none then under that it got cccam 4.Even when iv selected it it goes back to none?

Hi mate

OK so if you downloaded the CCcam emu from plugin your have that in /var/bin you should then add ur own CCcam.cfg -- CCcam.prio -- CCcam.providers and CCcam.channelinfo file in /var/etc
When all these are inplace make sure you chmod 755 them to activate the cam this should now work depending on your image the extension to CCcam in bin file changes some have like VTi CCcam_2.1.4 in the Vu support open pli is just CCcam, so a good tip is to always load when using a new image the CCcam download as it will know what to and were to post the file.
I noticed you have a problem with the tuner not opening channels of course if CCcam is not working the u will see a blank screen if tuned to an encrypted channel for best results alway @19east tune to Astra HD its fta so ur least see your receiveing the satellite.

regards
satmanbasil

levi45
09-09-10, 22:28
It surely would help a'lot.. now i have to go into the box and check if it is mounted.. and my usb shows up as an HD and that is why i want an mountmanager like DE teams..
Anywhere to download it?

if you install the vti panel to the vix image you can use mount manager......

hav it
09-09-10, 22:32
just a quick update,All is now working box was left on standby when switched back on all ok. I think it was something to do with epg and time settings?

andyblac
09-09-10, 23:42
Anywhere to download it?

what was the mount manager in DE, got any screen shots ?

cozmo
10-09-10, 00:50

i had this problem with dreambox edit i had been useing it no problems at all on dreamelite 1.3.3f but on this image would not work at all would load the settings but after reboot just the same as you mate all favs there but no channels in them just grayed out and no sats loaded but i didt manage to solve the problem by useing dreamset and setting the setting to dreambox ver 4 and all works great now

hope this helps you mate

Cozmo

sadlove
10-09-10, 07:07
Suggest you talk to vu+ about that, as it is obviously something that needs fixing in their drivers...

alex at vuplus dot com ;)

thanks i write my problem to alex

Sicilian
10-09-10, 07:22

i cant watch SD channels

thank you

Have you tried settings your refresh rate to multi in A/V settings?

samypersian
10-09-10, 07:27
How s friends time to correct the image VIX

Sicilian
10-09-10, 07:31

Correct what?? Can you please elaborate if not I'll delete this post.

Thanks.

paul362
10-09-10, 07:32

Errrrr:confused::confused::confused:

Alanp
10-09-10, 08:03
On the cool epg how do you get the channel icons to appear ie the ITV HD logo's and all the others Thanks Alan

paul362
10-09-10, 08:07
On the cool epg how do you get the channel icons to appear ie the ITV HD logo's and all the others Thanks Alan

you will need to have a picon set installed.

ggp759
10-09-10, 08:53
Fantastic image guys! Keep up the good work! A request for the skin though. Can you make it show sattelite and frequency info as well? thanks again!

andyblac
10-09-10, 09:01
Fantastic image guys! Keep up the good work! A request for the skin though. Can you make it show sattelite and frequency info as well? thanks again!

it they already, either press "OK" twice or make the 2nd infobar the default in SETUP --> Vu HD+ --> Skin Settings, then change the shown 2nd infobar option

zola25
10-09-10, 09:08
Forgot to say thanks for the updated rytec sources EPG works fine now on the Danish channels

Stanman
10-09-10, 11:00

If do a full scan it will repopulate it. I have had a similar experience were the PTV HD channels would not descramble and were greyed out, a scan did the trick.

bobonthejob
10-09-10, 11:25
I think what bob was meaning andy, is when you choose the bouquet selection screen (i.e. the Blue button), show the name of the selected bouquet. When in the channel selection, show the name of the channel (correct me if wrong bob)...

Thats exactly it mate.... I believe this was functional in the PLi image...

satsatsat
10-09-10, 12:22
great image three issues..
1. downloaded software update plugin but it dont download...is that no functional yet
2. its not appearing to be as good as other images on scan feature - im having to install many chans on outer sats by hand
3. despite eveything in this thread cannot get either hdd external drive or epg to work.
still love the image and will stick with it

bobonthejob
10-09-10, 12:34
@satsatsat - Delete your existing epg.dat and re-download epg again manually.

That worked for me.

pooface
10-09-10, 13:05
@satsatsat - Delete your existing epg.dat and re-download epg again manually.

That worked for me.

And do do that, telnet in to the box, and issue the commands:

init 4
rm /media/hdd
init 3

canthackit
10-09-10, 13:31

yes you can mate.

i use the infinity skin, don't know the author of this particular version but it works fine, if you would like to try it let me know and i'll upload it.

regards: canthackit

chris-k
10-09-10, 13:45
might be a daft question ,,,but is newcamd supported in this image???

dfdream
10-09-10, 13:50
I know its common across all images but in the bouquet screen it would be nice if one of the colour buttons was add timer like it is in the epg or the channel program guide window.
If you browse the bouquet list and see something to record you have to either select it and record or exit and go to EPG.

Would this be easy implement ?

grtmoby
10-09-10, 14:08
yes you can mate.

i use the infinity skin, don't know the author of this particular version but it works fine, if you would like to try it let me know and i'll upload it.

yeah would be nice if u upload it canthackit

Alanp
10-09-10, 14:31
you will need to have a picon set installed.

Where di I get the picon set from Thanks

grtmoby
10-09-10, 14:34
what sats do u want to have Alanp

have a look here
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?35-Picons

unknown
10-09-10, 14:35
When I used the sat postioner and fine tuner to save new postion it doesnt save when I store settings and goes back to previous setting.

grtmoby
10-09-10, 14:36
it saves good here unknown

after u fine tune, go down to position scroll to the number wanted and then press the green button once. this will save it

pooface
10-09-10, 14:54
I know its common across all images but in the bouquet screen it would be nice if one of the colour buttons was add timer like it is in the epg or the channel program guide window.
If you browse the bouquet list and see something to record you have to either select it and record or exit and go to EPG.

Not sure what you mean???

If you go through the bouquets (i.e. press channel up/down button or the up/down in middle), you can then see all the channels for that bouquet. Then, press the blue button, navigate to a bouquet?! Yes... If you then press the epg button on a channel you have put the selection on to, then it will show all the epg titles for that channel. You can then choose the even that you want to record by selecting it and press the green button for a timer, or blue for an autotimer...

unknown
10-09-10, 14:57
Yeah did, same thing it goes back to its postion without saving. Really strange that I have all theses strange problems. I could use the same feature on DE image with no issuse.

sadlove
10-09-10, 15:20
Have you tried settings your refresh rate to multi in A/V settings?

yes my friend but my tv see multi as 50Hz :(

only old imgs are working for my ntsc tv

i write an email to alex about this problem

dreambox 800 doesn't have this problem so i'm sure its drivers problem

now i use component cable with 50Hz i cant watch 3D tv because it must be hdmi cable

thank you

andyblac
10-09-10, 15:55
might be a daft question ,,,but is newcamd supported in this image???

coming soon ( i hope)

andyblac
10-09-10, 15:56

what bouquet list ?

dfdream
10-09-10, 16:12
what bouquet list ?

Sorry Andy I meant this one.(attached)

D

pooface
10-09-10, 16:14

D

As I posted previously in the thread, if you press the epg button on the channel you want to timer, then you can choose by moving up/down to it, and pressing the green or blue button to set a timer or autotimer... ;)

Sicilian
10-09-10, 16:15

D

I dont think any Enigma2 images have an option for timer in bouquet screen. Would be a bit pointless too as the event would have already started, all the user needs to do is zap to the particular channel and press record button, then choose the recording option.

Alan Pee
10-09-10, 16:24
I just loaded the VIX Image to try it. All seems very good and ok but I notice that channel change takes a bit longer and there is a bit of a blink and shhh noise when changing the channels even when autoresolution is off. Any way to sort this would be appreciated.

Sicilian
10-09-10, 16:28
Your the first to report slow channel change. Do you mean the black screen in between zapping channels? Is the a feature implemented by VU+ in recent updates.

chris-k
10-09-10, 16:51
coming soon ( i hope)

thx for answer andyblac:sleep:
this is what holding me back from loading this image,,,will wait for next ver ,,,,thx again m8
regards
chris-k

canthackit
10-09-10, 17:02
yeah would be nice if u upload it canthackit

skin uploaded mate.

Alan Pee
10-09-10, 17:31
Your the first to report slow channel change. Do you mean the black screen in between zapping channels? Is the a feature implemented by VU+ in recent updates.

Yes and a shh noise during zapping. With PLI it doesn't do that in my system.

Sicilian
10-09-10, 18:20
shh noise, what do you mean?

Past2Present
10-09-10, 18:24
Maby you got any picon map on your harddrive, could explain the noise and slower zapping.

Alan Pee
10-09-10, 18:41
I have no hard drive installed. I have an external hdd but its not mounted. Not even connected.

micscave
10-09-10, 19:18
it they already, either press "OK" twice or make the 2nd infobar the default in SETUP --> Vu HD+ --> Skin Settings, then change the shown 2nd infobar option

Hey andyblac
This is happening to me too, info shows up on some channels and not others. I have second info bar activated

andyblac
10-09-10, 19:35
thx for answer andyblac:sleep:
this is what holding me back from loading this image,,,will wait for next ver ,,,,thx again m8
regards
chris-k

just coding MGcmd for my softcam now, where does the config file go and what is it called ?

andyblac
10-09-10, 19:39
Hey andyblac
This is happening to me too, info shows up on some channels and not others. I have second info bar activated

try make it the 2nf infobar the default bar, change the setting to: ONLY show 2nd info bar, i think the info is only requested if the bar is open when you change channels.

grtmoby
10-09-10, 21:11
just coding MGcmd for my softcam now, where does the config file go and what is it called ?

here u go andy

Keys directory: /var/keys - SoftCam.Key & AutoRoll.Key
Program files: /var/bin - mgcamd
Config files: /var/keys - mg_cfg
mgcamd.sh: /var/scripts

YGM ;)

spacemonkey
10-09-10, 22:07
I like the image I lot be I have found a few small problems

The epg is slow to open, this happens with the picons on a the HDD and a USB pen drive
There are alot more busy timers than when i ran OpenPli Images

Both these symtoms happen on both my Vu Duo's

Is there a way to enable program information\discriptions within cool epg

DrProzac
10-09-10, 22:47
here u go andy

Keys directory: /var/keys - SoftCam.Key & AutoRoll.Key
Program files: /var/bin - mgcamd
Config files: /var/keys - mg_cfg
mgcamd.sh: /var/scripts

YGM ;)

I've put mine in /usr/keys (and linked with a symlink)
I've also got a newcamd.list in there which is used (/usr/keys)
Which I used to read the cards from OSCAM

andyblac
10-09-10, 23:11
I like the image I lot be I have found a few small problems

The epg is slow to open, this happens with the picons on a the HDD and a USB pen drive
There are alot more busy timers than when i ran OpenPli Images

Both these symtoms happen on both my Vu Duo's

Is there a way to enable program information\discriptions within cool epg

just press ok or red for info, depending on how you set it up. it slow because there is lot going on :)

spacemonkey
11-09-10, 14:07
There is a 2-4 second delay when pressing the EPG button before cool epg screen appears. This also happens when I turn off Picons. Its a default install with just Cccam 2.1.4 (local sky card) and the epg setup

andyblac
11-09-10, 14:26
There is a 2-4 second delay when pressing the EPG button before cool epg screen appears. This also happens when I turn off Picons. Its a default install with just Cccam 2.1.4 (local sky card) and the epg setup

it more to do with the CoolTVEPG plugin than my image, i will take a look at his code, to see of i can optimise it to run better when i get spare time :), i'm just rather busy coding v1.1 of my image

DrProzac
11-09-10, 14:29
No rest for the wicked eh Andy! :)

wolfen
11-09-10, 14:50
what was the mount manager in DE, got any screen shots ?

Sorry.. i just uninstalled my DE 133f image so i could test this one :(
I can try to make a multiboot if and then install it on usb again.. it was a really nice one thou..

bassethound
11-09-10, 14:51
Good luck andyblac on coding v1.1 image mate i have posted the latest Cool TV Guide in the plugin section

No rush LOL

delahzo
11-09-10, 15:58
Hi guys,

juts a quick question about the autotimer in VIX.

IS it missing specifying what frequency the autotimer should kick in?

Example:
Mon-Fri
Mon, Wed, Fri

thanks

andyblac
11-09-10, 16:29
Good luck andyblac on coding v1.1 image mate i have posted the latest Cool TV Guide in the plugin section

No rush LOL

what's change the post is it not in English ;)

andyblac
11-09-10, 16:34
Hi guys,

juts a quick question about the autotimer in VIX.

IS it missing specifying what frequency the autotimer should kick in?

Example:
Mon-Fri
Mon, Wed, Fri

thanks

ehhh, the auto check, check's EVERY number of mins not days, what would be the point .

or if you mean for a program, you can add what days to check by adding more schedules edit the program in autotimer (by selecting and pressing OK) then in the edit window press YELLOW to add more 'filters'

andy

delahzo
11-09-10, 16:50
Thanks andy,

yes, it was for a program event I meant

Green for Autotimers list, then ok on the event and I can see and change the parameter "repeat type" which is what I needed

andyblac
11-09-10, 17:16
Thanks andy,

yes, it was for a program event I meant

Green for Autotimers list, then ok on the event and I can see and change the parameter "repeat type" which is what I needed

ok , glad i could help, why not just leave it empty or set to every day, i do, i have recoded autotimer so it is more accurate with the duplicate descriptions check, and if you set to a particular day, and say the show gets pushed back a day for what ever reason and if you have it set to only check a particular day it will not pick it for the day it got pushed back

hope that make sense

delahzo
11-09-10, 17:42
Looking at my autotimer list it was only one event that recorded the same episode three times (Him & Her, BBC3)
BBC3 is notorious for repeating two/three times a night the same episode so my autotimer must have caught it within the time window that autotimer set

All other autotimers are okay, so on some channels I have to keep an eye.
It's good that I asked about repeat type though cos I didn't know where it had gone!

Cheers!

andyblac
11-09-10, 18:10
Looking at my autotimer list it was only one event that recorded the same episode three times (Him & Her, BBC3)
BBC3 is notorious for repeating two/three times a night the same episode so my autotimer must have caught it within the time window that autotimer set

All other autotimers are okay, so on some channels I have to keep an eye.
It's good that I asked about repeat type though cos I didn't know where it had gone!

Cheers!

that was probably to do with the descriptions in the epg must have been different, i dont use Rytec epg for that reason, some of his program descps have (R) or (DD) etc in the title and some dont't so as far as AT is concerned they are different hence it will record them all

tomthebomb1968
11-09-10, 19:04
Hi is it possible to mount my Duos hard drive on my 600 with the new image. Cant have the mrs hogging my vu with eastenders n corrie. I could record them and she could watch them via the 600 with the DE image/

dekkion
11-09-10, 20:23
Good day,
I have installed VIX-team Image. Before that i had DE BH. With the DE image i had every HD channel of provider canaldigital. Now with the VIX image when i scan automatically i mis a view channels. NED2 HD, SBS6 HD RTL8 HD. When i use the Diseqc tester there fail two low band H for 19,2 and 23,5 and a high band V with errors. Can that be a reason for the missing channels?

can anyone help?

tia, Dekkion

basilyoung
11-09-10, 21:12
not sure to be honest dekkion

but have you tried the CATSEYE listings,

baz

pooface
11-09-10, 23:10
Good day,
I have installed VIX-team Image. Before that i had DE BH. With the DE image i had every HD channel of provider canaldigital. Now with the VIX image when i scan automatically i mis a view channels. NED2 HD, SBS6 HD RTL8 HD. When i use the Diseqc tester there fail two low band H for 19,2 and 23,5 and a high band V with errors. Can that be a reason for the missing channels?

can anyone help?

tia, Dekkion

Are you talking about ned2 hd and sbs6 hd on 23.5e?! If so, just done a scan yesterday on that satellite. Just checked, and the channels are there perfectly fine... I'm using usals, so only thing I can suggest is that you have either bad xml file, or somehow messed up satellite settings?!

Sistem.Prof.
12-09-10, 08:04

Master, RYTEC system currently used in Turkey. This is mentioned platforms (Digiturk (7E) and D Smart (42E)) via the normal channels and satellite data is being received.

DRAGO.NET
12-09-10, 08:41
The Vix is excellent ...
But I subscribe to M7 on DTT.
How do I view and update M7?

Unfortunately I have the problem of DTT as many Italians.

sn196
12-09-10, 10:26
Hi guys. Sorry if this issue has already been discussed. I cant read through the thread on my phone.

I have the image installed and working on astra. Problem is that if i try to change to another sattelite the screen goes black and doesnt do anything. If i select to go back to astra it comes on instantly. Its like the dish isnt moving. This was not an issue with my previous image and have replicated all the settings from the previous image.

Please help....

pooface
12-09-10, 11:34
The Vix is excellent ...
But I subscribe to M7 on DTT.
How do I view and update M7?

Unfortunately I have the problem of DTT as many Italians.

It is not possible at the moment to use DTT on the sat receiver yet... It is something that has been discussed, and we will look in to if we have time and resources...

pooface
12-09-10, 11:36
Hi guys. Sorry if this issue has already been discussed. I cant read through the thread on my phone.

I have the image installed and working on astra. Problem is that if i try to change to another sattelite the screen goes black and doesnt do anything. If i select to go back to astra it comes on instantly. Its like the dish isnt moving. This was not an issue with my previous image and have replicated all the settings from the previous image.

Please help....

What sort of settings are you using?! USALS, DISEQC??? If it's a motor, does the motor actually turn when you attempt to change satellite?! If not, then you obviously have a problem with setting up the motor...

vauhti
12-09-10, 12:39
Seems that I can't get the EPG data for Canal Digital Nordic (0.8W Thor) channels populated automatically from transponders - even thou I stayed on the channels that usually provide the seven day EPG (like VH1 Classic / MotorsTV etc) for a while. Is this a known issue?

I don't want to use rytec nordic EPG data - they do not have Finnish channels and the EPG info for Canal + channels is not provided in Finnish (danish, norwegian & swedish seems to be available).

dekkion
12-09-10, 12:54
not sure to be honest dekkion

but have you tried the CATSEYE listings,

baz

What can i do with CATSEYE listings or where can i find them?

Eddy

pooface
12-09-10, 14:39
Seems that I can't get the EPG data for Canal Digital Nordic (0.8W Thor) channels populated automatically from transponders - even thou I stayed on the channels that usually provide the seven day EPG (like VH1 Classic / MotorsTV etc) for a while. Is this a known issue?

I don't want to use rytec nordic EPG data - they do not have Finnish channels and the EPG info for Canal + channels is not provided in Finnish (danish, norwegian & swedish seems to be available).

The patch for epg from transponder wasn't included in the first release... It's on our list of to-do for the next image ...

sn196
12-09-10, 14:51
What sort of settings are you using?! USALS, DISEQC??? If it's a motor, does the motor actually turn when you attempt to change satellite?! If not, then you obviously have a problem with setting up the motor...

Its usals. And its definately the correct lan ans lon settings as it was working perfectly on previous image.

cbr900
12-09-10, 17:31
please help me...I need to install gbox... link to download will be useful

westentertainer
12-09-10, 18:30
hi do anyone know where to ftp the HD picon icons on the cool EPG cheers

grtmoby
12-09-10, 20:19
hi do anyone know where to ftp the HD picon icons on the cool EPG cheers

just create a folder named picon on ur usb (preferrable) or the hard disk. put all ur picons in this folder and restart the box not just the gui.

pooface
12-09-10, 20:20
Its usals. And its definately the correct lan ans lon settings as it was working perfectly on previous image.

And does the actual motor move?! Or does it just sit there?

basilyoung
12-09-10, 21:15
What can i do with CATSEYE listings or where can i find them?

Eddy

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=79&d=1271168253

baz

nasser007
12-09-10, 21:58
How would i go about installing satAngels_keyupdater on the vix team vu +duo image.

Sicilian
13-09-10, 05:49
How would i go about installing satAngels_keyupdater on the vix team vu +duo image.

Wait for version 1.1 as you will need a keys folder.

spacemonkey
13-09-10, 13:20
Would it be possible to filter out dummy channels in the channel listing and the epg. As I use B16MCC's bouquet which has "Place Holder Channels" to help match the sky channels which is really a work around for the code. Or could you point me in the right direction on the files used to list all the channels.

Maxwell
13-09-10, 15:46
I have a problem with Picons, the picons are not showing up on the channel info bar but are displayed perfectly ok in the Epg, I have them located on an external Hdd in /hdd/picons.
By the way I have some error logs to send but dont know where you want them sending

Great image guys and excellent support thanks.

spacemonkey
13-09-10, 18:32
Its there are roadmap of features, changes, plans etc for this image yet

andyblac
13-09-10, 19:41
I have a problem with Picons, the picons are not showing up on the channel info bar but are displayed perfectly ok in the Epg, I have them located on an external Hdd in /hdd/picons.
By the way I have some error logs to send but dont know where you want them sending

Great image guys and excellent support thanks.

have you set it up in Skin Settings ?

Maxwell
13-09-10, 20:55
have you set it up in Skin Settings ?

whenever I change it from internal flash to either usb or hdd and press green to save, the image crashes (green screen and create error log)

grtmoby
13-09-10, 23:45
whenever I change it from internal flash to either usb or hdd and press green to save, the image crashes (green screen and create error log)

kindly upload the crash logs here so andy can have a look at it. try to describe what cause it and how it can be re-generated.
TIA ;)

Maxwell
14-09-10, 09:00
Did a reflash this morning and its now working fine so maybe related to a plugin as after the reflash I have now only installed one or two.

Anyway here are the error logs from last night

andyblac
14-09-10, 11:25
Did a reflash this morning and its now working fine so maybe related to a plugin as after the reflash I have now only installed one or two.

Anyway here are the error logs from last night

thanks found the bug, once you had setup Picons on internal flash, it would not allow you to change to HDD or USB

Maxwell
14-09-10, 11:41
thanks found the bug, once you had setup Picons on internal flash, it would not allow you to change to HDD or USB

Nice one andy :cool:

Ojustaboo
14-09-10, 12:15
You absolute gits :D

My box is about to be used as the main box from this evening as my Virgin contract ended today. I've been happily using nightly PLi builds for a while, just thought I'd finally give this a quick try to see what all the fuss is about. Was expecting to give it a quick try then go back to PLi.

Finally an image where the pause and unpause works fine on my mkv files. That alone sold it to me.

Very very very good image, best I've used yet, many many things I love.

Even got me to put my hand in my wallet and donate to the site :)

Only one small problem for me (probably a setting as only recently installed it).
haven't got a camera to hand, so will try to explain.

If I press the "recording list" key on the remote, select a MKV file and play, all is fine.

If I pause it, I get both the info bar at the bottom, and a smaller info bar at the top leftish hand edge of the screen, again totally fine.

However, if I go a different route, by pressing "Menu", "Media Player" the top little info box is present right over the top part of my file list, blocking the view.

Superb job guys.

pooface
14-09-10, 12:32
That bug has been mentioned, and I think (iirc) has been solved for the next release of the image ;)

andyblac
14-09-10, 15:22
That bug has been mentioned, and I think (iirc) has been solved for the next release of the image ;)

yes it is :)

xakito
14-09-10, 19:19
Very good image-I am in tests and see that the MKV with DTS are not heard by the Spid either-The EPG is not visualized in the menu of channels

samot4
15-09-10, 06:44
Hi
Im having problems to update bouquets.Ive tryed dreambox edit and nothing changes.Ive tryed to upload changes with total comander to /etc/enigma2,nothing changes.Yes I have rebooted the box.

andyblac
15-09-10, 14:29
Hi
Im having problems to update bouquets.Ive tryed dreambox edit and nothing changes.Ive tryed to upload changes with total comander to /etc/enigma2,nothing changes.Yes I have rebooted the box.

comming version v1.1 there is a 'bouquets' download feed :), not too long now (we hope)

Sicilian
15-09-10, 14:30
Hi

Guide here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

Foxylady
15-09-10, 20:02
hi all i am tring to do a friends vu duo, i did mine approx 4-5 month back when 1st out and this is my 2nd one.
I found out today that dreamelite site has gone now and i need to use this new vix image i believe.
as i have only done one before i have flashed with the vix image via usb pendrive, but how will i get the password to the box so i can send files over via flashxp for example.
Any help is appreciated asap if poss if i can ask being cheecky lol
Foxy

pooface
15-09-10, 20:13
hi all i am tring to do a friends vu duo, i did mine approx 4-5 month back when 1st out and this is my 2nd one.
I found out today that dreamelite site has goner now and i need to use this new vix image i believe.
as i have only done one before how do i flash with the vix image as before i did with usb pendrive?
Foxy

You don't have to use the vix. You can use any image you want. Can still use the DE image, but the feeds just don't work... So need to find the download for what you want that is DE compatible, and manually install...

In regards to install the VIX image and any others, you flash it same way as any others, i.e. usb stick (or can use the rs232 if you really want, but better off using usb as much easier and faster :p)

meggers
15-09-10, 22:29
Hi,

Love the image. Had a few crashes but it is to be expected with a new image. 2 Questions?

1. I cannot find any way to get a web interface on my TV. I see the configuration settings but cannot find any button on the remote allowing me to bring up a browser or any add on that would work as one? (I have looked through this thread and apologise if this question has already been asked).

2. Is there any way to set the clock on the Vu+ Duo. Mine is often out by a few hours and it screws up the EPG. A reboot o(or Two) usully fixes it but it is a bit of a pain.

Thanks and keep up the good work,
Meggers

Mr. Mister
15-09-10, 22:47
I found out today that dreamelite site has gone now and i need to use this new vix image i believe.
as i have only done one before i have flashed with the vix image via usb pendrive, but how will i get the password to the box so i can send files over via flashxp for example.
Foxy

ok.. DCC needs a password to work properly ..

Dreambox comes with the default username : "root".. password: "dreambox"

The Vu+ is a little different.. Username : "root".. There is no default password but you will have to set one before you can access your Vu+ in ftp..

Here are the instructions on what to do to get your password..

Open DCC and as normal make sure all ip`s are correct...
Clear the password in box provided
Press reconnect
Go to telnet
Type "passwd"
You will now be asked for new password.. type your new password
You will be asked to retype your new password.. and the letters you type may not show up.. but all is OK
Confirmed
Now go to configuration page and click on reconnect.

thats all there is to it... you should now be able to access all the setting on your box..

Hope this helps ..

Foxylady
15-09-10, 23:45
i can remember something about password when i did mine some months back but like i say my 1st one.
I noticed straight after i post the download in the 3 files as before so flashing was easy as.
I was then able to get access to box after putting in VIX root and dreambox.
i would like to know how to change the password as i did it once before but the dcc i don't understand ad is throwing me as i don't play with these boxes often, once done i am happy.
Also the epg on the duo and vix, how do i get it, before it was red, blue select uk and yellow.
I can not seem to find where to download it
Thank you
Foxy

grtmoby
16-09-10, 00:15
ok bit by bit:

to change password, easiest thing would be using putty which can be found here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?50-Telnet-amp-FTP-Clients)

just write the box ip>choose telnet in radio button and click on open
when asked for username it is "root" and the password is "empty (nothing written, just click enter on keyboard"
now type "passwd" and enter
write ur new desired password.... re-type the password
and u r done.....
just note that while typing and re-typing the new password nothing will be shown to you (not even asterisk)

for the epg u can access it through blue blue select uk and yellow. if u want u can set it to be done automatically by adjusting the time and enable first line :D

hth and good luck

Stanman
16-09-10, 01:14
Well takewn the plunge and have just installed it, so far I am happy and basics have been sorted.

I have a couple of queries.

1. In DE you could go to a further menu via the blue button and blue again for OSD, mount manager - how do you do this in VIX?

2. If I select autotimer and save, does it search the EPG and bring the programmes across as it does not give any further pop ups

3. How do I assign permanent time shift to USB as well as time shift generally?

grtmoby
16-09-10, 01:33
Well takewn the plunge and have just installed it, so far I am happy and basics have been sorted.

just assign timeshift to usb and automatically will do for perm. to assign to usb, menu>setup>system>recording paths>timeshift location and press "OK" on remote

now click on "channel up/+" so u move to the top section.
browse to your usb and where u want to put timeshift (i had created folder and named it timeshift for example)
when u r set on the place click on blue button
"channel down/-" and highlight the usb choice
click on green
click on green again

and so u r done :D

mghb
16-09-10, 05:59
How can I install mgcam in this image?

samot4
16-09-10, 06:48
Ive read the dreamedit guide.Im not a newbie when it comes to linux boxes had dbox2,relook400 for 6 years now.Using VTI image there is no problem to update bouquts but with VIX image its not possible.
If I delete the once on the box and upload new and reboot the old once are still there.No matter if I use dreamedit or total commander.

Stanman
16-09-10, 07:41

1. In DE you could go to a further menu via the blue button and blue again for OSD, mount manager - how do you do this in VIX?

2. If I select autotimer and save, does it search the EPG and bring the programmes across as it does not give any further pop ups

Any one can help with 1 & 2

pooface
16-09-10, 08:18
1. There is no mount manager in this image. This was a feature specific to DE images... If you want to mount certain drives to different places, you will need to edit the fstabs file...
2. Only used the auto timer once before, but as far as I'm aware, yes, you just selected the programme you want in the epg and add an autotimer, then whenever the epg is updated, if a match is found, it is automatically added to the timers...

andyblac
16-09-10, 09:07
How can I install mgcam in this image?

wait for version 1.1 it is in it feeds, as with a new version of Sofcam Manager

andyblac
16-09-10, 09:11

2. yes they should appear in Timer List (short green)

pooface
16-09-10, 09:15
2. yes they should appear in Timer List (short green)

Yup, they did. Done a recording for next week, and it does. Should then do it again for following week ;)

andyblac
16-09-10, 09:18
Yup, they did. Done a recording for next week, and it does. Should then do it again for following week ;)

yes :), every week, and even if change days because of live evens etc.

TIP:

turn on 'Use unique description' in the editor, and if the show has the same description more than once it will ignore the the others :)

Stanman
16-09-10, 10:00
Cheers guys, in which case how do I format my USB as its fat32 at the moment and will not work with timeshift.

pooface
16-09-10, 10:21
Cheers guys, in which case how do I format my USB as its fat32 at the moment and will not work with timeshift.

You'll need to log in to telnet, and find out which is the device for your usb. Should be able to get this by type "mount" in telnet. Should say something like "/dev/sda1 -> /media/usb". Once you've found which is the usb, type in telnet (assuming that sda1 is the usb stick):

umount /dev/sda1

This will unmount the drive to allow you to format it. If you have a hdd, do a cd "/media/hdd/" and then an "ls" to make sure you can read the hdd and not unmount the wrong drive... If you cd to the usb instead and do an ls, you should have just a "usr" folder there. This will mean it successfully unmounted.

Then, you can type in telnet:

mkfs.ext2 -m 0 /dev/sda1

This will format the usb. Then, after all this, type:

mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb

This then remounts the usb back to the correct location. Try a restart, and all should be working ok... If you type mount again in telnet, it should tell you the type of file system for the usb is ext2 instead of fat32... ;)

Stanman
16-09-10, 11:39
OpenEmbedded Linux bm750

Vuplus 2.0.1 bm750

bm750 login: root
Password:
root@bm750:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock2 on /boot type jffs2 (ro)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
automount(pid962) on /autofs type autofs (rw,fd=4,pgrp=962,timeout=1,minproto=2,
maxproto=4,indirect)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type vfat (rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocha
rset=iso8859-1)
root@bm750:~#

It looks like the usb is unmounted as SDA1 is HDD.

How do I format it in VIX and mount it as well?

pooface
16-09-10, 11:54
/dev/sdb1 on /media/usb type vfat (rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset =iso8859-1)

Your usb is /dev/sdb1. So, you need to format /dev/sdb1 using the instructions I wrote above...