PDA

View Full Version : AutoBouquets

basilyoung
25-08-12, 11:18
This thread might need yto be moved, but did,nt want to confuse it, with the current thread in the E2 settings section, as this involves a Dreambox

OK, I have aquired a 7020HD, ( I have loaded Nemisis and fully updated the drivers )
The feeds do not appear to have DVB Snoop
so I used the ipk file from the other thread, along with Autobouquets, both installed ok

when I start the Autobouquets, it comes up with a message, DVBSnoop has timed out, so at present it does,nt work on yhe DB7020HD
any ideas?

Larry-G
25-08-12, 11:27
I believe the version of DVBsnoop posted in the first post was for the DM8000 you could try the version built for the DM7020HD.

here are the two versions i just downloaded from the DM repository

http://sources.dreamboxupdate.com/

The mips32el version is OE. 2.0

also without wanting to take this thread too far off topic how are you finding the DM7020HD ? I was looking at getting one my self if one came around for the rite price.

basilyoung
25-08-12, 11:42
Hello Larry, first of all thanks for the info,
I was on this till very late last night, and currently trying a few things, ( adding folders, changing permissions etc, so might be some hair pulling later )

And WOS, need to start selling the Harmony handsets...need one :eek:

my first opinions of the unit, are mixed, the unit came with a pli image, which frankly, I could,nt get on with, so updated drivers, went to nemisis, ( always preferred nemisis on the DB,s )
the unit is a bit like the Duo, in that no loop through available, its well vented, front led screen is very good, no blind scan option, handset is smart, easy to use, but even with new batts, not to responcive,

will post more later, ( unless I brick it )

Larry-G
25-08-12, 11:47
Hello Larry, first of all thanks for the info,
I was on this till very late last night, and currently trying a few things, ( adding folders, changing permissions etc, so might be some hair pulling later )

And WOS, need to start selling the Harmony handsets...need one :eek:

my first opinions of the unit, are mixed, the unit came with a pli image, which frankly, I could,nt get on with, so updated drivers, went to nemisis, ( always preferred nemisis on the DB,s )
the unit is a bit like the Duo, in that no loop through available, its well vented, front led screen is very good, no blind scan option, handset is smart, easy to use, but even with new batts, not to responcive,

will post more later, ( unless I brick it )

much obliged bud, got to admit i have a soft spot for the DM7020 series boxes ( still got my E1 version here that i bought about 11 years ago ). sadly though like all things DMM pricing is not their friend and that's the principle reason i have not bought one yet. although this thread is not really the place for that discussion again.

i look forward to how your find the box but to be honest i think I've been spoiled with my Vu's LOL.

basilyoung
25-08-12, 11:53
well my views are more or less the same, I was at one time, an out and out DB fan, buts thats long gone now, I still have the 7k/7020e1, and to be honest, VIX on the DB, would maybe swing things, and although Nemisis is a very good image, its not in the same league ( my opinion ) any way, off to wreck the unit now

basilyoung
25-08-12, 16:58
just an update

spent most of the day on this,..and the two results I have had are dvbsnoop time out, or on another variant autoboquet seems to work, but in fact it does,nt

tried manuel install, in conjunction with ipk files, straight ipk files, and three diferent variants of dvb snoop

oh,..and the unit does do blind scan

LraiZer
25-08-12, 22:30
telnet to box and type this command to check dvbsnoop has creating a small dvb.txt test file in /tmp with output data? this will confirm first stage of processing is ok.

dvbsnoop -nph -n 1 0x11 >/tmp/dvb.txt

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:32
thanks...will do this now

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:36
root@dm7020hd:~# dvbsnoop -nph -n 0x11 >/temp/dvb.txt
-sh: can't create /temp/dvb.txt: nonexistent directory

is what i get?
but dvbsnoop is installed? ( might explain the time out messages )

LraiZer
25-08-12, 22:39
check again? use /tmp/ not /temp/

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:42
just did that...silly typo error....seems to have been accepted...what now??

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:43
root@dm7020hd:~# dvbsnoop -nph -n 0x11 >/tmp/dvb.txt
root@dm7020hd:~#

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:45
root@dm7020hd:~# dvbsnoop -nph 1 0x11 >/tmp/dvb.txt

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:47
sorry, think i have finnaly got this right

dvbsnoop -nph 1 -n 0x11 >/tmp/dvb.txt

LraiZer
25-08-12, 22:49
if you now have a file in your /tmp/ folder called dvb.txt containing data starting something like below, then your dvbsnoop is working just fine and you can test the next stages are working.

dvbsnoop V1.4.51 -- http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/

------------------------------------------------------------
SECT-Packet: 00000001 PID: 17 (0x0011), Length: 917 (0x0395)
Time received: Sat 2012-08-25 23:45:01.910
------------------------------------------------------------
PID: 17 (0x0011) [= assigned for: DVB Service Description Table (SDT), Bouquet Association Table (BAT)]

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:52
I do see a dvb txt file...but its empty

LraiZer
25-08-12, 22:55
none of the three commands you posted have been correct so far, try again with correct command, copy and paste?

basilyoung
25-08-12, 22:58
root@dm7020hd:~#
root@dm7020hd:~# dvbsnoop -nph -n 1 0x11 >/tmp/dvb.txt

sorry about this...going blind,....but have just copy + pasted the above

basilyoung
25-08-12, 23:12
just tried to run auto boquets and get dvbsnoop timed out message...no change to the dvb.txt file....is there a dvbsnoop version that i should be using..got three on my comp

Stanman
25-08-12, 23:13
Baz try the file Mcquaim uploaded to my TM800 thread as per Lazair its supposed to be box independnt and may well work for you mate. Worked a treat on the 800

basilyoung
25-08-12, 23:17
thanks Stan/LraiZer

will try it...think i am going stupid

LraiZer
25-08-12, 23:24
also make sure you zapped to and are viewing an active channel on 28.2E before running the command?

i assume this dvbsnoop_0.0+cvs20081001-r0_mipsel.ipk (http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.6/dm7020hd/experimental/mipsel/dvbsnoop_0.0+cvs20081001-r0_mipsel.ipk) package is the one for your box?

http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.6/dm7020hd/experimental/

basilyoung
25-08-12, 23:36
no longer sure to be honest, i will ftp it to the unit now

but yes..watching a 28 east channel

basilyoung
26-08-12, 00:47
ok..reflashed with nemisis, scanned 28 east, added the autobouquet ipk, installed ok...but although watching sly news after a scan,..it does not work
added the dvbsnoop, rebooted, tried again, and same result

I think it must be an image issue

pooface
26-08-12, 07:47
ok..reflashed with nemisis, scanned 28 east, added the autobouquet ipk, installed ok...but although watching sly news after a scan,..it does not work
added the dvbsnoop, rebooted, tried again, and same result

I think it must be an image issue

Try installing pli image and see how it goes?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

basilyoung
26-08-12, 11:16
yes, I plan to, but does anyone know what image was used on the 800?? and please, hope its not gemini

I plan to also test on my ET9000, just to be sure its not me ( and if it is, I will not be owning up )

Stanman
26-08-12, 12:07
The ET should go fine.

I've installed it so far on a TM800, ET9K, ET5K and Ultimo and all have been fine.

basilyoung
26-08-12, 14:59
ok, I have reflashed the unit with the dreamelite image
scanned 28 east, and loaded catseye listings

I then added autobouquets, and rebooted the unit, and it now shows in "plugins"...went to a bbc channel, and activated autobouquets, and got a time out message
message reads
reading bouquet association table please wait...killed
no data available, dvbsnoop timed out!
please zap to an active 28.2e channel
execution finished

i then added dvbsnoop, rebooted ...then on a bbc channel, restarted autobouquets, and got the same message

pooface
26-08-12, 15:31
Bas, what happens if you do it on a sky encrypted channel?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

basilyoung
26-08-12, 15:47
same thing....just loaded the merlin image, going to get this sorted one way or another

basilyoung
26-08-12, 17:52
hoobloody ray, got it working at last

using a pli beta image

loaded image, ftp the channel list over ( catseye )
scanned 28 east
loaded autobouquet ( dvbsnoop also loaded via autobouquet I think, although I did ftp it in,,but think it failed to load )
rebooted
started autobouquet, and hey presto

I followed the same procedure on "newenigma/nemisis..and forgot what the other one was" all failed

pooface
26-08-12, 19:14
hoobloody ray, got it working at last

using a pli beta image

loaded image, ftp the channel list over ( catseye )
scanned 28 east
loaded autobouquet ( dvbsnoop also loaded via autobouquet I think, although I did ftp it in,,but think it failed to load )
rebooted
started autobouquet, and hey presto

I followed the same procedure on "newenigma/nemisis..and forgot what the other one was" all failed

could've saved all the hassle if you'd have just listened to me this morning :p

Glad you finally got it sorted tho :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

basilyoung
26-08-12, 19:24
I did listen, :thumbsup:, just did,nt act on it, :eek: and in fact, I think I have figured out why it wont work on the other images, going to test my theory, and post back later