PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 800 HD flickering black screen

TZAA
25-08-12, 02:26
Hello guys,

first post on this forum, ive downloaded images from here before, but i have a major problem with my receiver and i don't know how to fix it.

here is my problem ive uploaded it on tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HebslsznshY

ive tried everything, ive factory reset it, ive changed the firmware, ive changed the power cable, I've used loads of different images but still get the problem. I usually start up my receiver and load up a channel, after around about 30 minutes of watching a channel it starts doing what u can see in the video for about 5-6 minutes (im not sure about the time cos i havent really timed it) then it will go back to normal and have a clear picture, but then after it will start doing it again, even when i change channel. To me it seems that the receiver loses power but i am not definitely sure. I never used to have this problem, I have had this receiver for about 2 years now, it never had this problem, it had the usual problems of freezing on HD channels etc etc, but one day it automatically reset itself somehow and once i restarted it, it brought up the genie like it had been factory reset and i had lost all my settings, so i instantly upgraded it to new firmware and since then its had this problem

Ive contacted Technomate about it and they said that i should send it in to get it checked. I asked if they would exchange it to a newer model and i would pay the difference and they said they would only swap it and give me £50 towards buying a the new HD Twin. So im not sure if its a good idea of giving them something back that i paid £300 for and getting only £50.

any help would be appreciated

Stanman
25-08-12, 12:49
You've made the vid private so no one can see it

TZAA
25-08-12, 14:15
wooops! just changed it now to public.

TZAA
25-08-12, 15:32
let me also state that once the flickering black screen happens, if i switch off the receiver that fixes the problem for another 10-20 minutes

TK4|2|1
25-08-12, 16:33
I assume you're connecting it to the TV via hdmi. Have you tried scart? Or even another TV? Try changing the resolution from 1080 to 720, maybe your tv is having problem at 1080, another tv would prove this.

Sent from my iThing, using sorcery and the magic interweb.

TZAA
25-08-12, 18:33
thanks TK4 for the reply, i was on HDMI 720p cos i thought that would fix the problem, i had already tried 1080p but the picture was very choppy, 1080i was OK but all had the black screen flicker. Now since u posted i tried the SCART, Scart was OK no loss of picture but the channels keep on freezing for 1 minute every 30 seconds at around 20-30 minutes into watching a channel.

TK4|2|1
25-08-12, 19:14
And is it the same on free to air channels, if no, its ok, you're on your own.

TZAA
25-08-12, 19:24
since i wrote my last status ive changed channels and gone from watching the football on NovaSports Greece to Sky Calcio and have had no freezing, which is weird cos the provider is the same. This is using Scart and not HDMI. Ill give the free to air channels a go too and come back with an update

TK4|2|1
25-08-12, 19:59
Oh dear. "provider" say no more or face the ban hammer.

Stanman
25-08-12, 23:02
Yup this has run its course as far as the freeze issue goes otherwise Thors hammer will strike;)

On your picture loss issue, what refresh rate do you have it might be worth playing around with that?