PDA

View Full Version : A little help needed on 1st set up

dikkidave
24-08-12, 10:24
Hi, Hope you don't mind me asking; but i have just got a se box, at the moment it says openvix on the screen and pretty much nothing else happening lol, can you tell me if i need to put both the preflash/finish or just the finish to flash it to team red for the 1st time?
Also team vix have just done an new f/w update today which is best team red or vix?

No doubt i will have more questions as i go along lol

Thanks

Sicilian
24-08-12, 10:35
Was the unit purchased from the sponsor? If so it already has latest ViX.

You need to go through the startup wizard, setup, scan channels or upload settings/bouqurts.

Do not start flashing old images with preflash, as that is a very old bootloader.

dikkidave
24-08-12, 10:40
Hi, thanks for the rapid reply, yes it was bought off the sponsor, the last update says 2012-08-14 version 3.0 build 204, I will leave that as it is then and start the set up wizzard again,

Regards

Sicilian
24-08-12, 10:43
Yes just do a factory reset.

Also read this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19439-Anyone-with-Softcams-scanning-or-greyed-out-channel-issues-read-this! and this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20245-NOTICE-TO-GIGABLUE-HD800SE-UE-USERS-Small-bug-found-with-OSD-Postion-Setup

dikkidave
24-08-12, 10:49
Thanks for the help Sicilian. Much appreciated.

dikkidave
24-08-12, 17:15
Buggered it up already. i was trying to set up my card & oscam or cccam, after getting nowhere and looking everywhere i thought i needed the teamR finish files on it, there where 2 folders and i picked the wrong one.. now i'm getting gigablue loading on the screen and thats it.. i tried to reinstall openvix but it doesnt reboot, just keeps gong back to the same screen.. Needless to say i'm well gutted and don't have a clue what to do next :confused:

Sicilian
24-08-12, 17:26
Flash this bootloader http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18659-GiGaBlue-HD800SE-Bootloaders&p=147474&viewfull=1#post147474 post 3. Read all the instructisons!

This image http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20194-New-ViX-Team-Gigablue-HD800SE-OE3-0-Release

Softcams http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX

dikkidave
24-08-12, 17:30
Thanks again Sicilian, will give it a try

dikkidave
24-08-12, 17:46
I had already tried tose files but i downloaded them again and retried, when i put the 1st files to usb plug it into the box it goes to boot and then load, the openvix world of sat page comes on screen but doesn't reboot then screen goes black then up comes another screenie saying gigablue loading, it doesn't go any further, the led on the box counts upto 25 and stays the same,
When i plug the usb back into the computer it shows about 10 files like enigma_2_crash_84

Sicilian
24-08-12, 18:00
Format the USB fat32.

Flash the bootloader as instructed. Once it says boot on front screen, power off.

Then flash the image.

Make sure all other files are deleted off your USB stick during each stage.

dikkidave
24-08-12, 18:13
Done all that mate, still no joy, am i missing something silly like unplugging ethernet cable or f-conector? just wont reboot when it's loading lol

dikkidave
25-08-12, 08:22
Got it sorted'ish now mate, i had to put the teamred f/w onto it, it must of loaded so far then packed up. regretting that now though as the openvix looks a lot better and boots up quicker.. but i dern't try flashing it lol, i will get use tot he box 1st i think.

Thanks

Sicilian
25-08-12, 08:28
Follow my instructions in post 7 of this thread. Flash the new bootloader. Then to flash the new ViX image you need to follow the instructions in the bootloader thread: -

To flash new images.

Copy the gigablue folder from your chosen image to root of USB stick.
Power off receiver
Connect USB stick to front port and power on.
As soon as the display shows 'conf', press OK button behind front flap.
During flash the LED behind standby button witl start blinking purple and other text/numbers will appear on VFD.
Wait for the receiver to automatically reboot when complete.

dikkidave
25-08-12, 08:49
Done this

Copy both burn.bat and cfe.bin to root of USB stick
Power off receiver.
Connect USB stick to receiver and power on.
Wait a few second for the bootloader to flash and the receiver to reboot.

But instead of the box rebooting it started up as normal and is now on bbc 1 lol tried this 3 times on 2 diferent usb sticks

Sicilian
25-08-12, 08:58
Done this

Copy both burn.bat and cfe.bin to root of USB stick
Power off receiver.
Connect USB stick to receiver and power on.
Wait a few second for the bootloader to flash and the receiver to reboot.

But instead of the box rebooting it started up as normal and is now on bbc 1 lol tried this 3 times on 2 diferent usb sticks

Well its rebooted then hasn't it, if your back to TV viewing. When you 1st power on flashing the bootloader are you gettings activity on the front VFD of the receiver? Now flash the ViX image and PRESS OK BEHIND FRONT FLAP WHEN CONF APPEARS ON VFD.

dikkidave
25-08-12, 09:07
No mate it doesn't reboot, it comes on the vfd shows- E some numbers change then boot and flashes purple around the on/off button, then openvix comes across the screen in black and white and vfd says giga, then the screen goes blank, the vfd counts up from 1 - 24 and gigablue teamred comes on vfd says 25 gigablue loading is now on screen, then continues after a few seconds to count up to 99 then the picture (bbc1) comes on the screen

Thanks for all your help so far, it must be stressing you out as much as it is me by now haha

Sicilian
25-08-12, 09:10
No mate it doesn't reboot, it comes on the vfd shows- E some numbers change then boot and flashes purple around the on/off button, then openvix comes across the screen in black and white and vfd says giga, then the screen goes blank, the vfd counts up from 1 - 24 and gigablue teamred comes on vfd says 25 gigablue loading is now on screen, then continues after a few seconds to count up to 99 then the picture (bbc1) comes on the screen

Thanks for all your help so far, it must be stressing you out as much as it is me by now haha

Do this, flash new bootloader, when VFD says boot, power the unit off. Now flash the image, when VFD says 'conf', press OK to flash the image. Then just leave it to do its stuff and fully re-boot into VIX, be patient for it to boot.

dikkidave
25-08-12, 09:26
Still no joy mate, looking like i'm stuck with what is on it at the moment and being thankfull that i at least have a picture. lol i tried to ftp the extraurl folder to it earlier the i can put stuff on to get my card working but even that failed. Just getting nowhere very fast, thanks for trying anyway mate.. I will keep going over the same stuff until something works or i ditch it and go back to an openbox lol

Sicilian
25-08-12, 09:43
Your doing something wrong, pure and simple.

Larry-G
25-08-12, 09:49
Best thing to do.

Go have a cuppa, walk the dog ( or take him for a swim depending on what the weather is doing as it's pishing it down here ), kick the cat or what ever you need to do and come back later with a clear head and try again. you'd be amazed at what a fresh pair of eyes can do. plus it will stop you flinging the receiver out of the window in a fit of rage LOL.

dikkidave
25-08-12, 09:57
Following all the instructions mate, the box doesn't reboot and it just continues to load, i've let it load to were it says done then turned box off iv'e let it load to where it says gaga turned off, i've let it load to were the screen goes off openvix before temred comes up... and put the gigablue folder on usb plug it back up, it loads exactly same all time, no reboot no conf on the lcd front panel. I give up lol :confused:

dikkidave
25-08-12, 16:02
Is there something missing out of the openvix image file? i managed to flash it with teamred 1st atemp, tried openvix about 30 times but failed miserably everytime, now tried openmips and it has flashed 1st time..

i have noticed that both teamred and openmips have a burn.bat file in the image files, openvix does not, could this be my problem?

regards

Sicilian
26-08-12, 14:19
I think you are flashing the wrong bootloader for the ViX image, nothing wrong with the ViX image, like I said you are doing something wrong. Use the bootloader in Post 3 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18659-GiGaBlue-HD800SE-Bootloaders

alankezza
26-08-12, 20:32
I have the same problem, been trying all day.
new Bootloader on one formated usb stick.
inserted, i get boot then USB, then Load then E000-E061 then P000 - P061, then Load.
i have tried turning off at this point and also the next point which is GIGA.

I have on a second formated USB stick, the image.
i have tried booting up with the folder SE which contains the 3 bin files and the other 2 files in the root directory of the USB stick.
and i have tried with the 3 bin files and the 2 other files in the root directory of thr USB stick.

whichever way i do it i never see on the panel "conf" once.
all i get is "boot" then "usb" and then "GIGA" after a long delay i get hdf which is my current image and then the usual number upto 91 the -E2-

i don't know what else to try.

could you at least tell me exactly which files of the new image should be in the root of the USB stick, i was thinking it may just need the rootfs.bin file.
i have no idea.
it says copy the file that extracts which is why i copy the file SE.
Help, please as i have been waiting for the VIX image for ages.
Alan

alankezza
26-08-12, 20:40
what a dumbass!! after writing all that, i just tried it with the Gigablue file in the root directory and bingo conf appeared. now loading.
well i hope my mistake helps other who may be stuggling to install the image.
as you say sometimes a simple tea break/ step back works a treat.
Regards
Alan:):):)

Sicilian
26-08-12, 21:16
what a dumbass!! after writing all that, i just tried it with the Gigablue file in the root directory and bingo conf appeared. now loading.
Regards

Well if you read post 3 FULLY where the bootloader is you wouldn't have had an issue ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18659-GiGaBlue-HD800SE-Bootloaders

Stanman
26-08-12, 22:33
You know that old adage measure twice cut once, read twice, flash once:thumbsup:

dikkidave
27-08-12, 11:02
Just for future ref. should i of left the 1st set of files (burn.bat and cfe.bin) on the usb stick and just copy the gigablue folder onto the usb stick? As i kept deleting those files and just putting the gigablue folder alone on there..

I now have it up and running so i'm enjoying a few days rest lol I have openmips on it now but would like to go back to openvix when i get chance to play about with it again.

Also want to thank you for all the help you gave me.

Larry-G
27-08-12, 11:09

Thats what we are here for, and we will always help as and when we can. at the moment though this being a relatively new receiver means that most of us dont have one and cant directly help as much as we would like to. that will change though as more and more users come along who have this box.

alankezza
27-08-12, 11:31
Just for future ref. should i of left the 1st set of files (burn.bat and cfe.bin) on the usb stick and just copy the gigablue folder onto the usb stick? As i kept deleting those files and just putting the gigablue folder alone on there..

I now have it up and running so i'm enjoying a few days rest lol I have openmips on it now but would like to go back to openvix when i get chance to play about with it again.

you can do it with one USB stick, but i have found that you must format with FAT32 before adding the Gigablue file, deleting the Boot files, sometimes leaves some data with will stop it loading.
Thats why i use two clean USB sticks when updating just to save time.
Mine is now all up and running.
Thankyou the VIX team, its like having a new box all over again.
Alan

Sicilian
27-08-12, 11:32
You must never have bootloader and image on the same usb stick.

Mr. Mister
27-08-12, 12:38
you can do it with one USB stick, but i have found that you must format with FAT32 before adding the Gigablue file, deleting the Boot files, sometimes leaves some data with will stop it loading.
Thats why i use two clean USB sticks when updating just to save time.
Mine is now all up and running.
Thankyou the VIX team, its like having a new box all over again.
Alan

Great info there Alan.. I always us 2 USB sticks when flashing any receiver with bootloader and image..

I only have my Gigiblue a few days.. and only flashed it once.. and used 2 USB sticks..

Been reading and following this thread with interest to see why the op was having an issue..

I think i will add these details to the sticky on how to flash a Gigiblue receiver..

dikkidave
28-08-12, 09:25
Hi Mr.Mister, i tried with 2 formated fat32 usb sticks but still didn't get anywhere lol, i must of been doing something wrong as no one else had problems. I now have openmips image on it and although i would of preffered to get the openvix back onto it i thought i would get use to the box a bit. I have got cccam loaded, oscam, and a channel list. Just need to get configs sorted for my card but i'll have a good read about and play around abit.

I only had an openbox before this box so this was my 1st venture down the open source route, and i must say i'm impressed with the box, looking at getting the multisat sorted out today but will back everything up 1st lol

steve14
31-08-12, 12:00
Regards

I did this too mate... took me 10 mins to figure out I was doing it wrong. Usually though you copy all the files to the root of the usb instead of copying a folder to the root of the USB, so it's an easy mistake to make. Also I was pressing the OK button on the remote instead of on the box behind the flip down bit. That took me another 10 mins to figure out and I was starting to get :mad:

All works great now

dikkidave
12-10-12, 23:58
Success!!
Had another try today to put openvix back on my gigablue and after the 5th attempt the 'conf' finally showed up on the led, all up and running great, even more impressed with my box now, Loving the new look!!

Thanks to all who make the tutorials and put the firmware together.