PDA

View Full Version : VU duo wan HDD connection

chrisjxxx
23-08-12, 12:58
Hi
I have currently a network share set up on my PC/vu duo's and I am using 2x 1ghz belkin home plugs which is split through a 8 way HP gigabit switch to send HD/3D movies to my 2x vu duo's and other devices around the house which works perfectly.
I would like to use the usb hdd that is connected to my router so my PC does not need turned on every time when I want to watch a film listen to music on my vu duo's, but I am having a problem getting my vu duo's to access my usb hdd that is connected to my Belkin n600 HD router, the vu duo's can see the HDD share in my network scan but I cannot get access to it (my pc can access it no problem) the share the pc gets is \\ROUTER\WAN(A1) I have also tried this share but it does not work either. The router has the firewall turned off, ports open etc and samba is enabled on vu duo as well, but the main problem I think is the share route directory that the router gives example wan(A1) and that's it, I have added a movie dir to the hdd and then I manually added wan(A1)\movies but to no avail is this correct . Is this possible to do with the vu duo's.

Any help ideas that would be great.

Cheers
Chris

Maxwell
23-08-12, 13:20
you could try placing the USB hdd share from the router into the routers dmz, does the router share use samba or nfs

chrisjxxx
23-08-12, 22:23
I tried what you posted but it did not work, noticed that the permissions for the router is set to special on my pc but when I change them to full as set for my work group it reverts them back maybe that's the issue.
All my other devices ie Samsung Gs2, laptop, Panasonic TV connect no problem and can read and write to the hdd with no issues. I have used the same network path as the rest of devices also how many servers at once can the vu duo connect to.

Any more ideas folks.

Cheers
Chris

chrisjxxx
23-08-12, 22:24
What ports would you use for nfs.