PDA

View Full Version : new vix 3.0 question?

zenith
22-08-12, 12:46
i am thinking of installing new vix 3 image just want to confirm a few things first.
if i install vix 3 and dont like can i flash any image whether be vix or black hole etc afterwards?
and one question on backup install.
if i have vu duo backed up image folder on my hdd already backed up can i then ftp that folder to a usb and then flash as normal?
thanks in advance.

basilyoung
22-08-12, 12:53
yes, on the VU range....not the ET/CLARKTEC range

zenith
22-08-12, 16:23
hi is that a yes to both my questions?
thanks for reply.

Larry-G
22-08-12, 16:26
hi is that a yes to both my questions?
thanks for reply.

yes you can flash the Vu receiver to any other image you like after flashing ViX 3.0

yes you can copy your existing Backup image to a USB stick to use as and when you wish.

NO you can not use a settings backup made with a previous ViX image ( 2.4 and older ) on the ViX 3.0 image platform. Full image backups on the other hand are fine.

sparky72
23-08-12, 00:38
yes you can flash the Vu receiver to any other image you like after flashing ViX 3.0

yes you can copy your existing Backup image to a USB stick to use as and when you wish.

NO you can not use a settings backup made with a previous ViX image ( 2.4 and older ) on the ViX 3.0 image platform. Full image backups on the other hand are fine.

Just to say i have installed 3.0 today and i then restored from backup settings (channel list ) and its working ok was i not supposed to restore from backup settings

sorry to jump in this thread but i thought you should know .....

Larry-G
23-08-12, 00:45
Just to say i have installed 3.0 today and i then restored from backup settings (channel list ) and its working ok was i not supposed to restore from backup settings

sorry to jump in this thread but i thought you should know .....

a channel list is a very different thing from restoring a settings backup created with the ViX backup manager.
you can restore a bouquet, you can even backup and restore your timers ans autotimers but, if you did restore a settings backup it will break the FTP protocol on the box amongst other things and the only way to fix it is a full reflash with nothing restored.

johnsilver
27-08-12, 08:50
Hi, sorry for jumping in on thread. can anyone tell me whats new in the vix 3.0 image ? or changed from the 2.4 ?

Mr. Mister
27-08-12, 09:18
Hi, sorry for jumping in on thread. can anyone tell me whats new in the vix 3.0 image ? or changed from the 2.4 ?

You could always try and read the release notes on Vix 3.0 found ...HERE... (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20199-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0-Release)

Its amazing what you can find when you read a little..

johnsilver
27-08-12, 10:36
much appreciated, helps when you know where to look, or someone points you in the right direction.
Thanks Mr Mister.

Larry-G
27-08-12, 10:40
you can also FTP into the /etc folder of the receiver and look for the following files.

oe-git and e2-git.

oe-git will give you a full changelog of the OE-Alliance GIT which is updated with every version, e2-git will do the same but from our own enigma2 git. both can be viewed via any notepad program or word.

EDIT.

both oe-git and e2-git can also be accessed directly from within the image via menu> information> about. use the green and yellow buttons to toggle between the two.