PDA

View Full Version : vix 3.0

eattheliving
22-08-12, 10:49
Hi all, just thinking about an upgrade of F/W to vix 3.0 on my Duo but got a couple of questions first.

1: Does the 1channel plugin still work?
2: Does the vlc streaming from Pc To box still work?

Cheers everyone.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

pooface
22-08-12, 15:46
I personally haven't tried the vlc streaming, but the last time I used 1channel it was working ok. Best thing to do is to try it yourself. You can take a full image backup so that if there's a problem and it doesn't work how you want, you can just flash that image back, and be running in the same state you were before upgrading...

Then, once you tried and can confirmed either way, you can report back here to let others who might search for it know...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eattheliving
22-08-12, 16:44
thanks matey. Not sure if i can do an image backup as i'm still running vix 2.3.

Think I'll test on my solo first and report back.

cheers

Larry-G
22-08-12, 16:48
thanks matey. Not sure if i can do an image backup as i'm still running vix 2.3.

Think I'll test on my solo first and report back.

cheers

yes you should be able to ViX 2.3 had the image manager build it as do all builds since.

blue button> ViX > Image manager.

eattheliving
22-08-12, 16:52
thanks Pheonix will give it a go.

Just one other thing. Do i need the bootloader cfe solo.2.0 re installing. i did install this when vix 2.4 came out but found the image not very stable so went back to 2.3?

Larry-G
22-08-12, 16:56
thanks Pheonix will give it a go.

Just one other thing. Do i need the bootloader cfe solo.2.0 re installing. i did install this when vix 2.4 came out but found the image not very stable so went back to 2.3?

no, the bootloader is a one time thing. If you have already flashed it you dont need to do it again.

eattheliving
22-08-12, 17:00
thanks matey. just doing the backup now. Seems to be takin a while tho. looks to be stuck on 66/100. Will give it a few more minutes.

:thumbsup:

Larry-G
22-08-12, 17:16
thanks matey. just doing the backup now. Seems to be takin a while tho. looks to be stuck on 66/100. Will give it a few more minutes.

can take a while depending on how many plugins / picons etc you have installed on the receiver. go have a cuppa it will be done when you get back.

eattheliving
22-08-12, 18:20
yep ur right. all done and vix 3.0 installed. just doing channel list etc now

thanks mate :thumbsup:

eattheliving
22-08-12, 19:31
ok all going well apart from one little problem. Tried uploading the enigma 2 cccam.ipk file and i'm getting an error( using vucc to upload) any ideas?

Stanman
22-08-12, 20:57
Use either filezilla to winSCP mate far betther imho

eattheliving
22-08-12, 21:06
thanks mate, does the .ipk file go in the tmp folder?

Stanman
22-08-12, 21:10
Yes put the IPK in tmp or var/tmp and than blue button>vix>install local extension and green button

eattheliving
22-08-12, 21:25
Yes put the IPK in tmp or var/tmp and than blue button>vix>install local extension and green button

used vucc to manually ftp into the temp folder and follwed your instructions for install.....hey presto works a treat.

thanks Stanman :thumbsup:

will post tomoz with feedback on 1channel and vlc.

cheers to all

Larry-G
22-08-12, 23:05
used vucc to manually ftp into the temp folder and follwed your instructions for install.....hey presto works a treat.

thanks Stanman :thumbsup:

will post tomoz with feedback on 1channel and vlc.

cheers to all

I dont think the VLC plugin is compatible with ViX any more, but to be honest if you have your network setup properly there is no need to use VLC from the receiver as you can very easily stream content to and from the receiver.

eattheliving
24-08-12, 13:45
I dont think the VLC plugin is compatible with ViX any more, but to be honest if you have your network setup properly there is no need to use VLC from the receiver as you can very easily stream content to and from the receiver.

Hi Pheonix, just tried setting up a mount to stream from my pc to my vu. it shows mount as active but there is a little red cross on the picture and i cannot see the shared folder to acces anything. i have followed this guide:http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share

is this correct?

Maxwell
24-08-12, 16:52
Hi Pheonix, just tried setting up a mount to stream from my pc to my vu. it shows mount as active but there is a little red cross on the picture and i cannot see the shared folder to acces anything. i have followed this guide:http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share

is this correct?

Normally caused by incorrect permissions on the PC for the share folder

eattheliving
27-08-12, 20:11
all sorted guys thanks. it was a combination of firewall and incorrect filename. didn't bother with vlc as this does what i want. ie ability to stream from pc to vu+.