PDA

View Full Version : Movie playback

eire
04-09-10, 18:07
Hi everyone i am trying to play hd content on my vu+. I have ftp'd a movie over to the box but when i try to play it i get an error message:

"GStreamer plugin xvid mpeg-4 decoder not available!"

I can hear the audio fine but there's no picture.

Does anyone know where to get this plugin as it doesn't seem to be on the VTI plugin downloads? Or any workaround?

Thanks.

steve1978
04-09-10, 23:09
Hi mate. i have never tried VTI but i have tried every other image i think. open pli will play alost any video file i have thrown at it.....

one big problem though nothing is actually watchable. they all suffer from terrible motion blur. the only thing that plays on mine is things that i have recorded.

eire
05-09-10, 09:32
Thanks Steve. Think i'll just invest in a cheap media adaptor. I found that any movies that did play on the box the sound was choppy as hell and not watchable.

parkher
06-09-10, 20:33
I am using PLi and had no such problems - everything is playing just fine - picture and sound, and the picture quality is amazing.
I played quite a few x264/mkv and XviD/avi files.
Including 1080p BluRay remux with a decent bitrate 27 Mbps.

I have some issues with sound, because I do not have an amplifier capable of handling dts.
With AC3 sound everything is ok, 5.1 works perfectly, downmix - also.
With dts - AC3 downmix does not help.
But the issue can be solved by upgrading my amplifier, or downgrading, whatever you call it, as good audio amplifiers do not support even AC3.

Another issue I have with one file - it has 1 AC3 track and two AAC.
On pc all three are working fine.
On Duo - initially only AC3 and one AAC are shown, and AAC is chosen and working.
When switching to AC3, the 2nd AAC appears and now I have all three tracks, and another AAC is chosen.
If now I switch to AC3, it is not working, downmix or not.
I hope this issue can be solved by remuxing this movie, perhaps something is wrong there, because initially only two audio tracks are detected instead of three

unknown
07-09-10, 20:30
Am also getting no sound DreamElite image but video. Tried mvks and avis...... any idea?