PDA

View Full Version : Help with best from 3 tuners

Alan Pee
21-08-12, 07:18
I have 3 dvb s/s2 tuners with 3 separate feeds: A from motorized, B & C separate from a fixed with 4 lnbs and 2 switches. But I noticed that I can't get to watch the 3 tuners indepently. I gave priority to B and if that is on if I connect from my pc the motorized takes over and then when I try to connect from my phone or record from a sat. that is on the fixed it doesn't work. Seems tuner C can't work indepently. I have the config. as A=positioner usals, B=Advanced-and sat. in order of switch line u[ C= as B with a separate feed. I have tested all 3 tuners in isolation and they are all perfect. Any advise on how to get the 3 tuners to work will be welcomed. Thanks

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 07:37
I gave priority to B
First of all: always use 'Auto', unless for a specific test.

I gave priority to B and if that is on if I connect from my pc the motorized takes over and then when I try to connect from my phone or record from a sat. ....
I take it that 'if that is on' means you're watching or recoding using tuner B?
If not: what do you mean/
If so, what channel does your PC/Phone want to see? A channel that's available on which tuners? Or what do you mean by 'when I try to connect from....'?

.....Any advise on how to get the 3 tuners to work will be welcomed. Thanks
Rest assured: give the correct setup they will!

Alan Pee
21-08-12, 12:33
Ok I have A=Motorized, B & C=independent feeds from a fixed dish with 28e, 19e, 13e, 7e. So say I am watching 28e on tuner B then I try to record a channel from 13e tuner A takes over and dish starts moving to channel. I expect C to take over with the fixed dish. Ok lets say it ok if A does it, that is A & B working (watching B and recording A). I expect that I should be able to get a third channel say on 19e through C on my phone or PC but it doesn't work, like there is no available tuner.

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 12:38
OK, clear. Please set preferred tuner to auto and test the same.

Alan Pee
21-08-12, 13:56
I have it to auto tested and its the same. Here is my configuration:
A = Simple=>positioner=>Lat.&Long
B = Advanced=>tunerA/B/C/D=>PortA=>19e, PortB=>28e, PortC=>13e, PortD=>7e
C = Advanced=>tunerA/B/C/D=>PortA=>19e, PortB=>28e, PortC=>13e, PortD=>7e

I don't know if its the right config. for a set up like mine.

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 14:07
Config looks OK. I can't explain the problem than.

Alan Pee
21-08-12, 18:50
I have got it to work fine now. The fault was from a friend who was helping last night and tinkered with the config of tuner C. I was taking another look at the config when I found out he changed it. All 3 tuners work independently ok now. Thanks for your help.

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 20:27
I have got it to work fine now. The fault was from a friend who was helping last night and tinkered with the config of tuner C. I was taking another look at the config when I found out he changed it. All 3 tuners work independently ok now. Thanks for your help.
Pffftt, thank your 'friend' for that :fart2:

I was already beginning to doubt myself :p

dfdream
21-08-12, 22:20
Alan when you set the tuner selection to auto and record something thats on one of the fixed sats do you find the motorised turns first to that sat rather than choosing the fixed tuners. Mine was like that so I set B as prefered tuner so the motorised one was available when a recording from another sat is needed.
Fow is it for you when you record from 19e, 28e, 13e, or 7e. Which tuner is used.

Rob van der Does
22-08-12, 05:09
Alan when you set the tuner selection to auto and record something thats on one of the fixed sats do you find the motorised turns first to that sat rather than choosing the fixed tuners. Mine was like that so I set B as prefered tuner so the motorised one was available when a recording from another sat is needed.
The box will only do what you described, if the number of satellites on the motorised dish is the same as or less than on the fixed dish.
'Auto' means that the dish with the least number of satellites will be the first choice. If all tuners have the same satellites, the order will be A, B, C.

dend
13-09-12, 17:50
Hi

I currently have an Ultimo used with a motorised dish, 42', 39', 28', 26',19', 16', 13', 9',5',-1', -5 all set up, working fine. :)

I am considering putting up a second fixed dish, with just 19', 13' and 7' lnbs fitted to a 4 way diseqc switch.

Will I be able to watch 19' from tuner 1 AND record 19' from tuner 2? If special settings are required , can you please advise me.

basilyoung
13-09-12, 18:01
yes you can record on 19 east, and watch 19 wast independently, your unit will most likely use the second dish,

no need to do any thing other than get the 2nd dish set up

Rob van der Does
13-09-12, 18:11
yes you can record on 19 east, and watch 19 wast independently, your unit will most likely use the second dish,
no need to do any thing other than get the 2nd dish set up
If 'preferred tuner' is left to the default 'Auto' (advised) the fixed dish will always be the first one to be used, leaving the motor free as much as possible.

Trial
13-09-12, 20:32
Hi,
while watching I would set preferred tuner to the tuner with the motor. This way recordings will use the fixed dish if possible and you can zap with your motor dish.

Ciao

gesendet mit meiner JB Tablette