PDA

View Full Version : "service not found" "SID not found in PAT"

supercat
04-09-10, 14:59
Hi

I have a couple of channels that come with the above error.

I have tried putting in a satellites.xml file, Rytec 13,19 settings, rytec epg setup.
The rytec epg setup comes with channels.xml i think.

I still get some channels with this error.

I am running OpenPli (not the latest version) from a couple of days ago.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I am sure it is simple!

Thanks

grtmoby
04-09-10, 15:45
might be a good idea to do a manual scan for these channels so they update or may be they left

basilyoung
04-09-10, 15:45
it means that the frequencies are not reconized,

what channels are showing this??

baz

Stanman
04-09-10, 17:20
Also they might not be broadcasting 24/7 & will show as pid

supercat
04-09-10, 20:04
Thanks guys,

Think i am sorted now.

The problem stemmed, I believe, from my bouquets.
I have a fixed setup 7E, 13E, 19E, 28E, when I first setup the bouquets I used some henksat files which included all these sats.
I believe this was an old list. So today I downloaded the latest Vahnibbal 13E & 19E files, combined them with the latest UK files and the older henksat 7E files, got a new satellites.xml and now it seems to work ok.

The dodgy channels were some of the italian sport channels, not really watched but was annoying me.

Thanks for the advice and guidance.
Also got epg sorted today and the CoolTV plugin.

grtmoby
04-09-10, 20:49
thanks for the feedback and update supercat

Alanp
14-09-10, 10:17
might be a good idea to do a manual scan for these channels so they update or may be they left

Is it possible to do a manual scan on just the channels concerned or do we need to do a full manual scan. I have the same issue using VIX image on a few channels would like to resolve Thanks Alan

satmanbasil
14-09-10, 11:30
Hi mate

yes you can either a full transponer scan or choose a single transponder when u highlite the menu just left or right arrow will take you into other options.

Have you considered downloading some settings and edit them yourself with one of the number of progs about that allow you to produce your own

regards
satmanbasil

Alanp
14-09-10, 13:12
Hi mate

yes you can either a full transponer scan or choose a single transponder when u highlite the menu just left or right arrow will take you into other options.

Have you considered downloading some settings and edit them yourself with one of the number of progs about that allow you to produce your own

regards
satmanbasil
Can you point me in the right direction of what program I need Thanks

Alanp
20-09-10, 13:55
Still have this issue whats the best way to fix did a manual scan but this did not work any ideas Thanks Alan

Sicilian
20-09-10, 14:00
Alan, what channels are you having issues with? I had an issue with one particular channel and it turned out to be the settings that I was using.

Alanp
20-09-10, 14:23
Will check tonight and post results

pooface
20-09-10, 14:34
Also, this appears iirc, when channels aren't actually available. E.g. FX HD on 28.2 appears when the channel is not broadcasting iirc...

kegrka
20-09-10, 18:49
hi
i get this sometimes when changing sats ie hotbird to BBC 1 on 28 e it still brings up the channel when the dish gets there, have done full scan still happens, everything appear correct when i check it with dreamedit,?

nezzeo
20-09-10, 22:27
I get this with TCM 2 despite epg showing a film being broadcast (latest sly bouquets 10th(?) sept)
I also did a full service scan just incase but still no luck.
Should I be updating a satellites.XML file also? Or was that supplied in the enigma2 settings file?

(I have standard fixed sat dish)

Alanp
21-09-10, 06:57
Sicilian
The one that bothers me the most is Sly movie Classic HD

Alanp
21-09-10, 06:58
Just a little more info Im running a fixed dish and also used the latest bouquet dated 10th Sept

Sicilian
21-09-10, 06:59
Sicilian

What settings / bouquets are you using? Have you tried Cateyes?

pooface
21-09-10, 11:50
Sicilian

I think that the transponder for that one has changed, as I did a scan about 2 weeks ago, did another scan on sat or sunday night, and the old sky classics hd I had was N/A, and there was a new one... So, as I said, could be that it's changed recently?!

Alanp
21-09-10, 12:08
pooface how do I fix this do I need to edit the settings for this channel and if so how do I do this

Alanp
21-09-10, 12:09
Sicilian where do i get the catseye settings/bouquets

pege63
21-09-10, 12:17
here you are
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West&p=16986&highlight=catseye+settings#post16986

pege63
21-09-10, 12:56
Here you also have the Henksat E2 or Enigma2 Settings Last Updated 17-09-2010
Just klick at the link
http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=HenksatSettings and scroll down to Henksat E2 or Enigma2 Settings Last Updated 17-09-2010.
Here you can download from list wath you like to want on your list ;)

Here is Rytech channel list
http://www.rytec.be/ look under the enigma 2 settings

nezzeo
23-09-10, 18:08
So was that the solution to this one? that its moved transponder?
If I do a full scan or quick scan on just that transponder I still get that same message. Can anyone help?

Past2Present
23-09-10, 18:23
Otherwise take a look at the satellites on the box, on the remote, upper arrow, green button, and there you can choose.

nezzeo
01-10-10, 17:20
If I go through satellites I still get that error, is it a bad entry on the bouquet maybe? Anyone else have probs with tcm2?

Ojustaboo
02-10-10, 09:53
It would be nice if there was an option to turn those messages off.

Channel hoping at say 3pm when BBC3 & BBC4 aren't broadcasting confuses my other half :)

xarqi
09-10-10, 10:46
(openPLI)
There's something going on with this that is NOT due to transponders changing, I'm sorry to report.

I'm in the middle of a "SID not found in PAT" episode right now, and it's very disconcerting. Here in NZ, the situation is a lot simpler than that which most of you people face, with the major services all coming from a single satellite (Optus D1) on just 3 transponders: 12483H, 12456H, and 12648V. I have a dual LNB cabled via a 3 in 4 out multiswitch, with a separate cable from there to each tuner on my Duo, and another pair to a different location. So far, no problems at all.

Tonight, I was watching something I'd recorded earlier, and two recordings I'd set via the EPG started requiring both tuners, one on 12483H and one on 12648V. I noticed a few stutters during playback, including one fairly major glitch that required me to stop and restart the file. When I was finished watching the stored program, I thought I'd watch one of the ones I was recording since it had just started.

"Service not found. SID not in PAT".
As expected, the channel list showed as available all of those services on the transponders being used by the tuners, but if I tried to zap to any of the services on 124843H, I got the error, and ultimately ended up with a channel from 12456H being displayed, when no tuner should have been allocated to that at all!

If I did try to zap to a 12456H service, I got the expected "No free tuner" error.

Zapping to a 12648V service worked fine.

Now, a transponder change is basically impossible, and in any case, a different box taking another feed from the multiswitch is able to see the 12483H services without error.
Nor have I been fiddling with the tuning settings other than to disable the internal loop-through.

I don't know yet what is being recorded, but unless there is something magical happening, or I've missed some important point, it can't be correct, since to be so would mean that I was getting services from 3 transponders with only 2 tuners.

--- OK - the recordings should just have finished, so let's see what I got:
First thing is that I can zap to any of the services without error.
The recordings?
The one from 12648V looks correct.
The one from 12483H has a nice "Service not found" (SID not found in PAT)" message at the beginning, and then content from a service on 12456H.

Make of that what you will, but something is not right, either a bug or a fault. Suggestions?

xarqi
09-10-10, 11:20
There's a typo in the above: 124843H should read 12483H.

I should probably also have written "the major FTA services all coming from a single satellite (Optus D1) on just 3 transponders". Sky TV (NZ) also operates using Optus D1, but may use other transponders - I'm not certain as I don't subscribe to their service.

I've just cycled the main power on the box to see if that "clears" whatever glitch may have developed.

Zupy
21-10-10, 11:26
I have noticed that the vu duo at faster switching can show this message - here's one way to turn this off
Go to
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py
and d then put # in front of this lines - like this

#eDVBServicePMTHandler.eventNoPAT: _("No data on transponder!\n(Timeout reading PAT)"),
#eDVBServicePMTHandler.eventNoPATEntry: _("Service not found!\n(SID not found in PAT)"),
#eDVBServicePMTHandler.eventNoPMT: _("Service invalid!\n(Timeout reading PMT)"),

I do this on dm800 and it worked ok but i did not tested on vu (i think it will work also)