PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo Won't Start

newDuo
19-08-12, 20:30
Hi,

My Vu Duo just showed an error message and restarted. It won't start back even after several hard resets.

What do I do? Please help :(

Sicilian
19-08-12, 20:37
What is on the front screen?

Have you tried re-flashing bootloader and image?

Have you tried booting without Ethernet connected or any internal HDD connected?

newDuo
19-08-12, 20:38
It says starting... on the front screen.
there is no internal drive and I have tried with the external USB HDD removed.
I have also removed the vu duo wireless dongle and yet no luck.

I have no clue how to reflash! :S

Mr. Mister
19-08-12, 20:42
First thing you can read will be ...Click Here... (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick)

all the info you need on getting your duo up and running again is already on this forum..

newDuo
19-08-12, 20:44
A bit more information. I think there was a problem with the external HDD connection and it gave an error message saying memory full while trying to record from a preset timer.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 20:47
A bit more information. I think there was a problem with the external HDD connection and it gave an error message saying memory full while trying to record from a preset timer.

if you received a memory full message it's likely you filled the internal flash up.

newDuo
19-08-12, 20:49
How can I get some space free from the flash up?

judge
19-08-12, 20:51

Best to do a reflash.

newDuo
19-08-12, 20:52
I don't have a copy of the cccam.cfg file. Will a reflash delete that file? Also, I don't have a USB disk on me at the moment. Any alternatives? Otherwise I will need to buy one tomorrow?

Larry-G
19-08-12, 20:53

you cant, you need to reflash the receiver.

newDuo
19-08-12, 20:56
is there anyway to save the cfg file? or is that gone too?

judge
19-08-12, 20:57
is there anyway to save the cfg file? or is that gone too?

Yes, even though it's stuck on starting, there is a good chance you can still ftp into the box & back up any cams/config files you need.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 20:59
if the image wont physically start up so that you can gain FTP then no its lost but then again if your abiding by our rules and you have your own card setup in the receiver you can just set it up again. if not then you will have to go else where for that help as its a breach of our rules.

newDuo
20-08-12, 08:43
HGi,

Managed to reflash... Box seems fine now...
How can I install bouquets and picons.... Those aren't there anymore?

Thanks

Larry-G
20-08-12, 09:22
you can install them the same way you always have, there is a very large section full of both on this forum.