PDA

View Full Version : Updating an UNO

Markymark
19-08-12, 19:59
Ok, finally thinking that now is the time to do this. Just want to run though the stages as I understand it and get help on a few bits.

1) take the file from the website and upload it to USB pen. Create a file called vu and inside it UNO - then place the upgrade file in this folder.

Turn off the UNO and restart - then it loads the file off the USB.

Does the box tell you when to remove the USB pen?

2) box boots and I'm assuming it presents the setup menu. Can I at this point FTP into the box and upload my channels from dreambox edit?

also how do I in windows set the root user password? Can't remember the command from Cmd that I had to use.

3) settings entered, channel list uploaded - I can now watch tv on my different sats?

4) is cccam in the plugins download menu still on vix? Also does dyndns now work with no-ip accounts from the option menu?

5) That should be my setup all done and sorted. Is that really it as sounds way too simple?

Sorry for the questions, first time on doing this, but fell ive now got to go with it.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 20:10
Ok, finally thinking that now is the time to do this. Just want to run though the stages as I understand it and get help on a few bits.

1) take the file from the website and upload it to USB pen. Create a file called vu and inside it UNO - then place the upgrade file in this folder.

Turn off the UNO and restart - then it loads the file off the USB.

Does the box tell you when to remove the USB pen?

2) box boots and I'm assuming it presents the setup menu. Can I at this point FTP into the box and upload my channels from dreambox edit?

also how do I in windows set the root user password? Can't remember the command from Cmd that I had to use.

3) settings entered, channel list uploaded - I can now watch tv on my different sats?

4) is cccam in the plugins download menu still on vix? Also does dyndns now work with no-ip accounts from the option menu?

5) That should be my setup all done and sorted. Is that really it as sounds way too simple?

Sorry for the questions, first time on doing this, but fell ive now got to go with it.

1. no need to create any folders on the USB stick. just format a USB stick to FAT32 then extract the image file from the file you download and copy the vuplus folder with all it's contents to the USB stick. place the stick in one of the USB ports on the receiver and power it up following the instructions on the VFD screen of the receiver.

2. yes but you would need to at the very minimum go through the setup process far enough to setup the network settings on the receiver.

3. basically yes but there is a fair bit of setting up needed first.

4. no we do not carry softcams on our feeds, you will need to download these from elsewhere and install them manually, not sure about dyndns as i dont use it.

5. pretty much yes but if you run into any problems ask for help on the forum and we will help where possible.