PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] username and password in VIX3?

rte
19-08-12, 13:34
My old username and password do not log in root any more. What are they replaced with?

judge
19-08-12, 13:42
username is root, password is left blank.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 13:42
The default user login details have never changed on any ViX image to date.

User name: root
password: none set = left blank until you set one your self.

rte
19-08-12, 13:48
Sorry, but they do not work, my old password is not accepted. Blank does the same.
My web-connection works with the old password but not the ftp-connection.
I tried to use change root password plugin but it caused a crash and restat.
I noticed that the IP-address was changed and used the new one.
What do I need more?

basilyoung
19-08-12, 14:07
try telneting to the unit

type in the units address
then type root
then type passwd ( not password )
you will be prompted to enter a new password, do so ( no text will show ) then press enter
you will then be prompted to repeat, do so as above

this should sort out your problem

rte
19-08-12, 14:50
This doesn't help either. Telnet seems to log in and I see this: root@vuduo:~#.
Earlier I just added a new netwok connection in my Win7 computer browser but now the password is not valid.
But Open Webif works as before with my password.
What am I missing?

basilyoung
19-08-12, 14:53
This doesn't help either. Telnet seems to log in and I see this: root@vuduo:~#.

telnet is seeing your unit

try downloading "putty" a free telnet prog, google will find it

and repeat my instructions

rte
19-08-12, 15:12
I just get access denied. The port is default 22, is that correct?
Am I missing a plugin?

basilyoung
19-08-12, 15:14
port 23 not 22

baz135
19-08-12, 15:18
It sounds if you may have reinstalled a backup after reflashing to VIX3.0. If you did this is causing the problem.

rte
19-08-12, 15:20
Port 22 allows logging in but access is denied. Do I miss some permissons in my VuPlus Duo?

rte
19-08-12, 15:25
That is true because it was asked that when installing the VIX3. But the plugins were not restored.
Does it mean that I have to reinstall VIX3, pass the setting restore and start from the beginning? Quite a job creating everything all over again.

pooface
19-08-12, 15:41
That is true because it was asked that when installing the VIX3. But the plugins were not restored.
Does it mean that I have to reinstall VIX3, pass the setting restore and start from the beginning? Quite a job creating everything all over again.

Creating an image backup was stated in the notes, but it specified NOT to restore ANY settings... So, yes. That is likely you're problem...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rte
19-08-12, 15:47
So, VIX3 always requires the recreation of the settings. Busy nigt ahead.

pooface
19-08-12, 15:50
So, VIX3 always requires the recreation of the settings. Busy nigt ahead.

No. You need to just reflash image, when asked to restore setting, choose skip/no and setup the box from fresh. The, you'll be able to change your password in telnet, and then be able to use dreambox edit or dream set or whatever your favourite editor is to transfer them over...

Then, after the first initial settings creation, you will be able to take backups and use them in vix 3 images in the future (unless specifically stated not to in the future)

Larry-G
19-08-12, 15:54
as pooface said you can make backups from ViX 3.0 without problems but you can not restore backups to ViX 3.0 that were made from earlier images as this will break certain parts of the image as it has for you ( it has broken the FTP protocol on your image which can only be fixed by a reflash ).

Maxwell
19-08-12, 15:59
Did you not see this in the release thread

All Users - A full flash is required
You can not use backup restore or online update from 2.4 with this image
In this image the core has been extensively rewritten by Andy in conjunction with the OE Alliance.
You are advised to take a full image backup before flashing.

rte
19-08-12, 16:52
As I stated, recreations of settings is a must after a clean (the only possible) installation of VIX3.
Now my ftp works and a creative nigt is ahead.

judge
19-08-12, 17:01
As I stated, recreations of settings is a must after a clean (the only possible) installation of VIX3.
Now my ftp works and a creative nigt is ahead.

What settings? It takes only a minute to ftp your needed cams/settings to your PC & dreamboxedit to backup your channel lists.
Your new image can be up and running a minute after you flash it.

rte
19-08-12, 17:04
So I can use the old settings (bouques etc.) created with VIX 2.4 which I have a copy of?

pooface
19-08-12, 17:07
So I can use the old settings (bouques etc.) created with VIX 2.4 which I have a copy of?

As long as you got those settings on your pc with dreambox edit or similar software, then yes. If you have those s4ttings in terms of a backup taken within the image, then no...

rte
19-08-12, 17:11
Yes, that is exactly my case. Splendid.

Mr. Mister
19-08-12, 17:12
No.. you can NOT use the back up that you made with 2.4..

You can use the same bouquets and things.. But dont use the back up you made on 2.4.. Just ftp them in just as you did at the very start..

You just can NOT make a back up on 2.4 and use it on 3.x..

Just ftp get your ipk files to tmp.. and install via.. Blue Button > Vix > Install Local extention..

Now just ftp your existing bouquets to your box with Dreambox Edit..

Job done.. Simples

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 18:37
My old username and password do not log in root any more. What are they replaced with?
There can only be an 'old password' if you restored settings from previous version.
And doing that results in exactly the problem you're experiencing......... :D