PDA

View Full Version : Vix 3.0 and FTP

TomD
19-08-12, 13:28
Hi

I've upgraded to the latest Vix and whilst my box is operating ok and cccam etc working fine, I can no longer access either FTP via E2 (Control Centre) or DEdit. I have tried old password, new password via telenet etc, blank password, but nothing seems to work. Network is connected ok, and webif is there ok

Any help would be great

Thanks
Tom

Larry-G
19-08-12, 13:34
I just use a dedicated FTP program ( Paid for version of FLASHFXP ) and that works as well as it always has. as does DreamboxEDIT.

TomD
19-08-12, 15:05
I think it's because I used the back-up (yes I know). That being said everything else works fine and I simply stuck my picons manually onto the usb. Can I load E2 settings from usb too?

Larry-G
19-08-12, 15:17
The whole core of the image has been rebuilt from scratch, many changes have been made which is why we said do not use a backup and this is why the FTP protocol has been broken on your receiver. and no you can not transfer bouquets from a USB stick.

satmanbasil
19-08-12, 15:57
Hi mate

When you reflashed the stb with the latest software upgrade its reset the password back to root you have to go back in and reset a new one
If you did this then see if you can telnet the receiver using the ones you had set.

regards

Larry-G
19-08-12, 16:00
Hi mate

When you reflashed the stb with the latest software upgrade its reset the password back to root you have to go back in and reset a new one
If you did this then see if you can telnet the receiver using the ones you had set.

regards

normally yes that would work but by restoring a backup from a earlier image he has broken the FTP protocol on his image, the only way to restore FTP access now is a full reflash without restoring settings.

TomD
20-08-12, 19:01
Thanks Guys. I knew that I shouldn't use the back-up, but thought I would try and was pleasantly surprised when it seemed ok. Only when I went to FTP my picons back did I suss the problem.
No Probs reflashed ok....really like the new image :)

Larry-G
20-08-12, 19:03
Thanks Guys. I knew that I shouldn't use the back-up, but thought I would try and was pleasantly surprised when it seemed ok. Only when I went to FTP my picons back did I suss the problem.
No Probs reflashed ok....really like the new image :)

glad you got there in the end, although we do place the warnings in the release threads for a reason but no harm no foul.