PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Aint been here for awhile confused by Vix 2.4 and Open Vix 3.0 ?

uscool
18-08-12, 18:42
Hi all, its been awhile since i looked here and bothered updating my box, i have Vix 2.4 installed, im just wondering whats the difference between this and the Open vix 3.0 as it seems newer but named different ? also would the cams that worked on Vix 2.4 work on it too ?

Thanks

Maxwell
18-08-12, 18:53
3.0 is a total revamp of the image core with extensive changes under the hood, new features and new epg as well as all the features of the 2.4 image and yes your cams will work

Larry-G
18-08-12, 18:55
OpenViX is the official name of the team and has been since we decided to base the image on OpenPLI.

as for the differences between 2.4 and 3.0., 3.0 has pretty much been rebuilt from the ViX core up to comply with the new OE-ALLIANCE of which OpenViX along with OpenAAF are the founding members. The OE-ALLIANCE comprises of 8 teams who all share the same GIT and pool resources etc, while still building their own images to provide the end user with the best possible images available. and yes the same cams work in ViX 3.0 as in older images.

uscool
18-08-12, 20:04
Great thanks guyz , will get flashing :), been while didnt need to flash image as older one worked perfect, guess will try a change now :)

Stanman
18-08-12, 21:41
Remember you cannot do a settings restore from any earlier version.

You can pull your CFG file and any autotimers you have by using filezilla and than sending them back to the box.

Also do a image backup just in case things go awry.

uscool
18-08-12, 23:33
I dont do backups , doesnt take that long after flashing image setting it up, im quite good at it now :)