PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Duo Not Mounting HDD and USB

artful
18-08-12, 16:42
I put my Duo (Vix 2.4.213 image) on standby before I went off on 3 weeks holiday and returned to find it had rebooted after a power cut. Everything seems to be okay except the internal 500 GB HDD and external rear 16 GB USB flash drive don't mount but are listed in the devices. I've tried manually mounting them but that fails. I've tried a software update but that won't work with an error message that there's no internet connection but I can see and access root on my PC via the LAN, however, I can't see the HDD via the LAN. Everything was working fine before I went on holiday. I obviously can't restore from my backups on the flash drive so a bit stuck as to what the problem is. I've got quite a few films on the HDD that I'd rather not lose and use the USB for backups, picons and timeshift. I did copy the backups to my PC. Can anyone please help me out with this.

Stanman
18-08-12, 21:50
When you tried to mount them did you go into Blue button>VIX>mount manager>green button?

artful
19-08-12, 08:00
When you tried to mount them did you go into Blue button>VIX>mount manager>green button?

No, I used blue button as the devices were already established. When I proceeded the box crashed with the error "We are really sorry. Your receiver encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted . . . . . . etc ".

I re-tried with the green button, the device paths were already set but when I proceeded the same thing happened. In both cases the box didn't reboot but froze so I had to switch it off and and on at the back to get it to reboot.

A neighbour advised me that there were two power cuts whilst we were away, one for five hours. I think maybe the firmware in the box has been corrupted so I'll probably have to re-install from the front USB and hope it mounts the HDD and rear USB so I can restore my settings from a backup. I have surge protectors on all my sat equipment so hoping that it's not a hardware problem.

Obviously, I'm trying to recover it without having to set it all up again from scratch.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 09:09
No, I used blue button as the devices were already established. When I proceeded the box crashed with the error "We are really sorry. Your receiver encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted . . . . . . etc ".

submit any crashlogs that have been generated as a result of this, although be aware that if a problem is identified there is no way we can release a fix for the 2.4 image as we have now moved on to the the 3.0 image. so if you are going to reflash the box any way you may as well try ViX 3.0 first. you can always go back to 2.4 id 3.0 is not to your liking.

artful
19-08-12, 12:19
submit any crashlogs that have been generated as a result of this, although be aware that if a problem is identified there is no way we can release a fix for the 2.4 image as we have now moved on to the the 3.0 image. so if you are going to reflash the box any way you may as well try ViX 3.0 first. you can always go back to 2.4 id 3.0 is not to your liking.

Yes, I agree. Do you think this is a software issue rather than hardware ?

Think I may as well bite the bullet and flash with V3.0 rather than mess about any further.

Thanks all for the input.