PDA

View Full Version : Failed to tune error, now no services

em00jie
18-08-12, 12:27
Hey guys.

received my VU+ duo yesterday from WOS, VIX preinstalled.

All was working fine yesteday and this morning, all services on 28.2 found and freesat working nicely. Was watching BBC1HD earlier and the picture froze, i tried to change channel and got a failed to tune error, and again on every channel i tried to tune to.

Restarting hasnt solved, neither has a retore factory settings, now on an autoscan i pick up 0 services.

The main Sky HD box is working fine so i am fairly happy their is nothing wrong with the dish or LNB. As i said this all happend whilst i was watching BBC1 not even whilst trying to change channel.

Please help.

Cheers,
James.

Larry-G
18-08-12, 12:33
I would try loading a new updated satellites.xml file to the receiver then try again.

How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270)

also and i know it's obvious but check all connections to the receiver, make sure the f-plugs are tight and not shorting etc, it's likely some thing very simple but it is a process of elimination.

em00jie
18-08-12, 13:17
By reflashing the duo with vix image i am now in the process of autoscan and its finding services :)

thanks to StefD of WoS support who suggested to do so.

Cheers,
James.

Larry-G
18-08-12, 13:26
By reflashing the duo with vix image i am now in the process of autoscan and its finding services :)

thanks to StefD of WoS support who suggested to do so.

Cheers,
James.

once you have the box setup as you like it and your channels etc in place, be sure to make a full image backup so that you can always return to a fully setup image in the time that it takes to flash the receiver.

to make a image backup. Blue Button > ViX> image manager.

satmanbasil
18-08-12, 13:29
Hi mate

Suggest like pheonix you update your sat file then make sure your tuner settings include 28e

menu >>> setup >>> service searching >>> tuner config

I have a motor system so I have 4 birds listed 28E - 19E - 13E - 1W not sure how the pre-installed VIX image was delivered to you but there are guides on here how to do each part of setting up the receiver and if your not sure after then come back and ask. but if you see 28E listed then at least the receiver should look at it
you can always check your receiving a good signal by using the sat finder option make sure you know the transponder details as you will need to change the details when using sat finder .. using the remote and < > to toggle changes

regards