PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Factory reset

philrum
18-08-12, 10:56
Hi
I just got my Duo+ which by the specs is a really great box. But cos I am new to this it is really steep learning curve. I have tuned my system to 28.2. I have tuned it several times as I was not getting some HD and all FTA channels. I aslo noticed that although I had said yes to clear channels prior to scan, I then had several channels the same, i.e 3 ch5HD. If I do a factory reset will I have to re flash my VIX image or will that still be there. Also noticed my system crashed lastnight, I take it this is rare. Sorry if it is a basic question, but I am new to all this.
Thanks for any help given.

Philrum

Larry-G
18-08-12, 11:06
there is no need to do a factory reset prior to loading a new image, as the process of loading the image otherwise known as flashing first erases the old image then installs the new one. now i believe your problem as you say is that when you do manage to get a full scan done you see multiple entries of certain channels within the list such as BBC1, E4, CH5 etc etc ?.

This is perfectly normal as there are many regional variations of these channels and by the sounds of it you were looking in the all channels directory which lists all channels discovered.

when you pull up your channel list you should see a number of coloured icons along the bottom of the screen such as favorite ? if so press this and you can access the proper bouquet list which can be edited to your liking.