PDA

View Full Version : having reall problems flashing

toon
17-08-12, 20:30
hi everyone im having real problem flashing bootloader and image on gigablue se

ive done everything in the tut to load on to usb stick fat 32 but the box wont pick the stick up and just boots as normal what can i do
im really wanting the new vix image

pooface
17-08-12, 20:43
Have you another USB stick that you can use to try flashing with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

toon
17-08-12, 21:53
no ill get one tomoz mate and try that its a funny one like and has got me head done in

Sicilian
17-08-12, 21:59
Follow post 3 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18659-GiGaBlue-HD800SE-Bootloaders&p=147474&viewfull=1#post147474

Copy both burn.bat and cfe.bin to root of USB stick
Power off receiver.
Connect USB stick to receiver and power on.
Wait a few second for the bootloader to flash and the receiver to reboot.

You will get activity on the front display, number changing etc...Wait for it to fill reboot.

hartala
24-10-12, 15:15
Try to hold on the OK Button (in front of the receiver, near the cards, NOT on remote)

Do This at the beginning with the right Usb stick with the right image on it

so "press OK" WHILE you connect your Gigablue. Press and hold on the OK button a while. It can help... i think

ps : this trick saved me withe a 800UE

wba
25-10-12, 21:26
I am not happy with this box. It wont reflash, the only advice I have been given is try another USB stick and that I must have flashed the wrong loader. Not good enough.

Mr. Mister
25-10-12, 21:30
OK.. I know this is gonna sound stupid..

Do the normal flash procedure.. But this time.. When flash procedure starts.. Go away and leave it for 5-7 mins.. make it 10 mins..

I dont know why.. But it could be that the box looks like its not flashing the new image.. but it actually is..

I found this out today..

try it.. and report back..

danivtec
26-10-12, 11:06
Try the rear port if you haven't already. My UE wont flash from the front port but will on the back with the same USB stick.

Stanman
26-10-12, 15:04
I am not happy with this box. It wont reflash, the only advice I have been given is try another USB stick and that I must have flashed the wrong loader. Not good enough.
Well what do you expect?

If you had done your research you would have read at some time all boxes have had issues with certain USB sticks so the advice you have been given whilst you may feel is not "not good enough" is somethig to try and we have all had to do it one time or the other.

There is a thread on how to format and flash this box.

basilyoung
26-10-12, 16:04

Interesting comment to make on a thread not started by yourself,..its called bad manners.....not good enough

Larry-G
26-10-12, 16:13

The process of diagnosing errors is largely trial and error, with most of the error being on the users part.

so try another USB stick and report back, if you still cant flash a image after trying another stick make a thread and you will get the help you need.

satmanuk
07-03-13, 11:02
im having the same issue trying to reflash a GigaBlue HD800SE box, tried 5 different USB sticks and none of them work for flashing, but ok once box is running .. does anyone offer to sell a known working USB stick with bootloader on it? something that is definitely working on their box, or let me know what make/model USB stick I can get.

All the different sticks I tried were FAT32 using the HP tool, initially tried the 31/8 bootloader in the root but as the box is recent from WoS (newer bootloader shoudl already be flashed) I tried again with just the gigablue->se->files image but nothing works. The VFD only shows USB briefly if I reboot the box but not when I powerup the box with the sticks in from cold so i never get to the Conf screen

Sicilian
07-03-13, 11:32
All the different sticks I tried were FAT32 using the HP tool, initially tried the 31/8 bootloader in the root but as the box is recent from WoS (newer bootloader shoudl already be flashed) I tried again with just the gigablue->se->files image but nothing works. The VFD only shows USB briefly if I reboot the box but not when I powerup the box with the sticks in from cold so i never get to the Conf screen

Use the rear USB port and a small stick say max 4GB.

Make sure your file strucucture is correct. Root of USB stick /gigablue/hd800se/flashfiles.

satmanuk
07-03-13, 12:49
Finally got it to work , on an ADATA 32GB fat32 i picked up from maplin, rear port with only the folder setup (no bootloader files)