PDA

View Full Version : box not starting up

leonius
16-08-12, 18:05
hello there im newbie to vu plus just got box today was working ok till i hit the reset button.then its stuck on loading screen then green vix screen then back to loading screen

Rob van der Does
16-08-12, 18:07
Which box are you talking about, what 'reset-button' do you mean and which (version of which) image are you running.
We have no crystal ball at our disposal.........

wullboy
16-08-12, 18:57
hello there im newbie to vu plus just got box today was working ok till i hit the reset button.then its stuck on loading screen then green vix screen then back to loading screen

Have you tried this m8......delete the file automounts. xml in the ......./etc/enigma2/ and reboot the unit, it could be stuck in a starting loop mode, i believe this is the correct file, but somebody please confirm this for him, as i may have the wrong file ??

leonius
17-08-12, 02:38
iv got a vu plus solo and using vix image.im a newbie at this lads.have no idea to delete file automounts

leonius
17-08-12, 02:39
and its the reset button on the back mate.thanks for your help

Rob van der Does
17-08-12, 04:56
and its the reset button on the back mate.thanks for your help
That will be the powerswitch then......
I really hope you shut down the box before pulling the plug; else you can get serious trouble: it's a computer you know!

So please tell us how/why you used the powerswitch.

leonius
17-08-12, 13:57
i was told to do so by my INSTALLER if i lose connection to internet.not sure if iv bin sold a clone.thanks for reply

Larry-G
17-08-12, 14:07
cant really comment on weather you have a clone or not only to say that on this forum we do not and will not offer any support for cloned receivers or their users. also the fact that your getting a green crash screen suggests the image your running is either ViX 2.3 or older as from ViX 2.4 onwards we changed it to a black crash screen with white text.

leonius
17-08-12, 20:39
i take it haveing a older image on ther is a bad thing.iv returned it now and got my money back.i just wanted a box plug in ready to go.im used to cable new to sat.any advice will be much appriciated.thank you

cactikid
17-08-12, 21:44
unfortunately no box cable or sat are plug and play as a little tinkering is needed,also more important is to use a well known trusted seller of originals as ebay can con you, [ exceptions as some also sell there like wos :thumbsup: ]some cable boxes still work but sat is much better and more channels.:)

obo110x
17-08-12, 23:46
Just to clarify and make sure this is correct, the Solo does not have a power on/off switch like the Duo. So is the reset button the same? Wouldn't like to find out that it resets to factory settings!

cactikid
19-08-12, 13:06
That will be the powerswitch then......
I really hope you shut down the box before pulling the plug; else you can get serious trouble: it's a computer you know!

So please tell us how/why you used the powerswitch.

if box freezes and the remote does not work i would pull the plug,nothing in the handbook as to what the reset does so also now curious.:thumbsup:

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 13:14
if box freezes and the remote does not work i would pull the plug...
Indeed, that's an emergency (although you could try to reboot via telnet or the WEB-IF first).

Larry-G
19-08-12, 13:52
Just to clarify and make sure this is correct, the Solo does not have a power on/off switch like the Duo. So is the reset button the same? Wouldn't like to find out that it resets to factory settings!

if box freezes and the remote does not work i would pull the plug,nothing in the handbook as to what the reset does so also now curious.:thumbsup:

Just a guess on my part as i have never used a Vu+ Solo, but i would assume a reset button would simply re-start the OS. I can not for the life of me imagine any manufacturer would ever consider putting a hardware reset on a STB thats just crazy.

cactikid
19-08-12, 15:17
ok just went to check the solo and it was frozen just the green led on ,so ok decided to check what the reset does,it must just reboot box as viewing has now returned,vix logo running slowly on top left corner.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 16:18
so ok decided to check what the reset does,it must just reboot box as viewing has now returned,vix logo running slowly on top left corner.

pretty much as i expected mate.

cactikid
19-08-12, 17:08
nope still locked out with vix running on top left

judge
19-08-12, 17:13
nope still locked out with vix running on top left

The Solo doesn't have a reset button, are you sure it's not a clone?

Mr. Mister
19-08-12, 17:35
All Solos have a reset button just to the left of the scart connection..

judge
19-08-12, 18:00
All Solos have a reset button just to the left of the scart connection..

so it does, my mistake. I was thinking of the power rocker.

cactikid
19-08-12, 18:45
after another reset the very slow moving vix symbol has gone and now remote back working again.:)