PDA

View Full Version : Error 28 No Room on device

maj3091
15-08-12, 18:37
Hi,

Having a bit of an issue on my solo running vix 2.3, which I believe is self-inflicted.

Since having it, I've had cross EPG running against internal flash (I was a newb and it worked, so thought nothing of it until this happened), and I think it's used up all the memory on the flash.

If I try to execute and update, or another program (Mount Manager for example), it will crash the box showing Err 28, so I can't even mount a USB stick to point the EPG at.

So my question....what's the easiest way out of this?

Should I just install the latest 2.4 update from USB and if so, will that clear down everything in flash (i.e.: will it give me space back so that I can then mount the USB stick)?

Or, are there some files on the device that I can delete and if so, where do I find them (I had a quick glance via FTP and didn't spot anything really big).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Larry-G
15-08-12, 18:39
your best solution is to just reflash the receiver with your chosen image, incidentally we will soon be posting up the new ViX 3.0 image for the solo if you would like to try that.

maj3091
15-08-12, 18:48
Thanks for the prompt reply. If I'm doing an update, then it make sense that I try the latest one then.

My box is up and running as long as I don't try to do anything other than watch.

I'll keep my eyes open for V3.

Thanks again.