PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] New ViX Team ET 9x00 OE3.0 Release Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Maxwell
02-08-12, 10:58
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18291&d=1343840281
Brand New VIX Image ET 9x00

15/08/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.204
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11965
From VIX Team

GCC Version: 4.4.4
ET Kernel Version: 3.4.3
ET Drivers: 14-07-2012

All Users - A full flash is required
You can not use backup restore or online update from 2.4 with this image
In this image the core has been extensively rewritten by Andy in conjunction with the OE Alliance.
You are advised to take a full image backup before flashing.

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (28/6/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Downloads

Stable release HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20209-New-ViX-Team-ET-9x00-OE3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ET-9x00/)(Beta's)

Sicilian
15-08-12, 18:37
Please report all feedback here, enjoy :)

levi45
15-08-12, 19:27
Thx for new image is this OE 2 or OE1.6 image

Larry-G
15-08-12, 19:42
Thx for new image is this OE 2 or OE1.6 image

neither. only DMM and images derived from the original DMM images are 1.6/2.0 our image is based on pli who forked away from DMM many years. our image is a combination of pli and the OE alliance of which we are a founding member.

OldSkulRide
15-08-12, 19:54
no this has nothing to do with OE 2.0 or OE1.6, this is dreambox thing.

afc007
15-08-12, 22:08
Does this image support the HD Glass skin ?? I'm only asking as i have already loaded one of the OE Alliance partners image Open AAF and although the skin loads one particular bug still remains on subsequent nightly releasess the plugins that are already installed do not show up on the relevant plugin page, and to be honest as the Vix image is directed towards the more English speaking users, I would rather use this image. But again rather than just install and have to sort out settings etc is HD Glass at this time 100% compat as a working skin or should i wait

Larry-G
15-08-12, 22:22
The HD GLASS skins have never been fully compatible with the ViX images, this is something the skins author needs to address. personally i no longer use it due to it hacking many system files and being nigh impossible to fully remove.

afc007
15-08-12, 22:30
thanks for the info its something i suspected to be honest, I guess the only way is to dload the new image and try rather than 10 pages of does it do this does it do that :lol:
one question are all available pluggins on the system menu in other words without breaking any forum rules are additional pluggins available from 3rd party links as like the old images

thanks no more questions

Stanman
15-08-12, 22:33
All know working plugins are in the feeds We DO NOT have any cams or other such things in our feed.

LFN
16-08-12, 22:42
"You can not use backup restore or online update from 2.4 with this image"
But you can backup channel lists/boquets and so on as usual??

judge
16-08-12, 22:49
Yes, back up channel lists/boquets and so on to your PC & restore from there, rather than a settings back up on the box.

Larry-G
17-08-12, 00:19

yes, you can still backup bouquets and timers/ autotimer.xml files etc.

Rob van der Does
17-08-12, 05:40
Yes.
And you can even re-use (parts of) your settingsfile, as long as you know what you're doing (but don't ask for help if this goes wrong; just reflash in that case).

river-rat
18-08-12, 14:58
any one posting images of what the new menus etc look like?

Larry-G
18-08-12, 15:03
any one posting images of what the new menus etc look like?

The ViX skins are pretty much the same as those in ViX 2.4 with exception to the graphical EPG and a few other changes here and there. The vast amount of changes are to the ViX core it self as it's been pretty much rebuilt from the ground up inline with the OE-ALLIANCE project making for a vastly more stable image in my opinion.

river-rat
18-08-12, 16:57
cheers mate. ill wait to get out any bugs , as loving 2.4 at mo

Larry-G
18-08-12, 19:04

I'd never go as far as saying that any image is bug free and i'm not having a go at you but this image has been in development for several months already and undergone many thousands of man hours testing. you just have to look at the image version ie 3.0-204 ( 204 meaning this is the 204th build of the ViX 3.0 image ). it's not as if we just woke up and decided "hey lets build a image name it 3.0 and release it this Friday".

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 05:56
Long wait than. As you can see on the forum: several days after release no serious problems have been reported.

And yes, of course there are bug. No software is without any. But there are no bug hampering daily use.

beson
19-08-12, 18:14
Hi m8:s and thanks for the VIX 3.0 release.
I have a question though. Which version of oscam shall I use for the 3.0 image.
I have tried a couple of versions now, like 6908 and 1.10 stable version.
Which OE version of oscam to use with VIX 3.0?
The problem is, when starting from deep standby, I have to go into softcam manager everytime and manually start oscam.
On 2.4 I was using 6908 with no problems.

beson

Stanman
19-08-12, 23:28
If your happy with 6908 than stick with it. You can try the others and still ho back to 6908, just drop the oscam file into USE/softcams and give 755 rights

beson
20-08-12, 18:07
Hi m8:s and thanks for the VIX 3.0 release.
I have a question though. Which version of oscam shall I use for the 3.0 image.
I have tried a couple of versions now, like 6908 and 1.10 stable version.
Which OE version of oscam to use with VIX 3.0?
The problem is, when starting from deep standby, I have to go into softcam manager everytime and manually start oscam.
On 2.4 I was using 6908 with no problems.

beson

Ok, I'll take this one more time.
My problem is that oscam is not autostarting.
I have to start oscam from softcam manager after starting the box from deep standby.
After that oscam is running perfect.

beson

Larry-G
20-08-12, 18:16
Ok, I'll take this one more time.
My problem is that oscam is not autostarting.
I have to start oscam from softcam manager after starting the box from deep standby.
After that oscam is running perfect.

beson

provide us with debug logs so that we may try to track the problem down.

beson
20-08-12, 19:48
Ok, I found out what was wrong.
It was a silly mistake from me. I had forgotten to tick and activate "enable startup" for oscam in softcam setup :o
Now I will hopefully never do that mistake again.
Thanks anyway guys.

beson

Larry-G
20-08-12, 19:53
Ok, I found out what was wrong.
It was a silly mistake from me. I had forgotten to tick and activate "enable startup" for oscam in softcam setup :o
Now I will hopefully never do that mistake again.
Thanks anyway guys.

beson

no worries, at least your now sorted.

shaft
21-08-12, 14:36
Hi Guys

I am baffled by this! I have flashed the new image, but am now unable to connect to my 9100 to upload any necessary files.
I had been using the ET9000CC console to upload files but it now refuses to connect.

I get an "access violation at address 0052E98E in module 'ET9000CC.exe', Read of address 00000000." error message.

My settings are the same as the old 2.4 image and my network test within the 9100 works fine.

I tried using Filezilla to connect to my box but get an "500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd" critical error. All looks ok in the FTP setup settings on the 9100:

Vsftpd server current status = Running.

I use a static ip but have also tried via dhcp - neither way connects to my 9100!

Can anyone see where I am going wrong or is there any other method of uploading system files from my laptop to my 9100?

Any help gratefully received!! Please!

shaft.

judge
21-08-12, 14:45
Hi Guys

I am baffled by this! I have flashed the new image, but am now unable to connect to my 9100 to upload any necessary files.
I had been using the ET9000CC console to upload files but it now refuses to connect.

I get an "access violation at address 0052E98E in module 'ET9000CC.exe', Read of address 00000000." error message.

My settings are the same as the old 2.4 image and my network test within the 9100 works fine.

I tried using Filezilla to connect to my box but get an "500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd" critical error. All looks ok in the FTP setup settings on the 9100:

Vsftpd server current status = Running.

I use a static ip but have also tried via dhcp - neither way connects to my 9100!

Can anyone see where I am going wrong or is there any other method of uploading system files from my laptop to my 9100?

Any help gratefully receved!! Please!

shaft.

You used a 2.4 settings restore, didn't you?

shaft
21-08-12, 14:47
...May have done :)

shaft
21-08-12, 14:48
Reflash then?

judge
21-08-12, 14:54
Yes.
It is in big letters in the first post, you know...

shaft
21-08-12, 15:00
Yeah ok :rolleyes:

But who reads instructions? :p

Thanks judge!

shaft
25-08-12, 16:46
Another problem guys.

I cannot get my Netgear wireless dongle (WG111v3) to work with the new build. It worked flawlessly with the last build but will not connect with the new.

I have tried via DHCP and static IP. It sees my wifi router but refuses to connect.

I have tried restarting the network, the box and the router, re-entering the WPA-PSK password.

It works fine via a LAN set up, using DHCP or static... :(

shaft.

punisher
25-08-12, 17:54
what security type are you using? WPA or WPA2 or WEP... try using different one and see what works for u

shaft
25-08-12, 18:30
:D Changed my router to WPA2 and it worked!

Thanks a lot punisher!!

punisher
25-08-12, 19:04
no worries mate, glad you sorted :-)

Rimmel
25-08-12, 20:12
Hi guys just reflashed and now mkv's lose sound randomly.

Any ideas?

thanks
CT

Rimmel
25-08-12, 22:56
Hi guys just reflashed and now mkv's lose sound randomly.

Any ideas?

thanks
CT

Confirmed - same files working perfectly on VIX 2.4

sunday96
28-08-12, 07:05
Thank you guys for bringing us these beautiful images with increased functionality.

For some reasons, I have been experiencing some freezes with this latest image. I initially thought it was the key (xxxx.cfg) I was using but I used the same key on one of my other boxes (blackpanther) and it works without any freezes whatsoever.

IS there any setting I need to enable / disable to stop the freezes?

Cheers guys

Rimmel
28-08-12, 18:14
Thank you guys for bringing us these beautiful images with increased functionality.

For some reasons, I have been experiencing some freezes with this latest image. I initially thought it was the key (xxxx.cfg) I was using but I used the same key on one of my other boxes (blackpanther) and it works without any freezes whatsoever.

IS there any setting I need to enable / disable to stop the freezes?

Cheers guys

Yes Ive also found the image to not be as sharp and responsive as 2.4.

regards

Rob van der Does
28-08-12, 18:22
Yes Ive also found the image to not be as sharp and responsive as 2.4.
Not sure what you mean by an image being (not) sharp & responsive.

punisher
28-08-12, 20:30
Not sure what you mean by freezes either... Not experiencing any freezes or lockups or remote response problems

twol
29-08-12, 10:15
I have to say that in general this release has been a delight to install.
However, both on the initial release and now with 234, I have woken up to basically a "dead" box after putting it into standby the night before.
This morning it had the correct date and the time at 4.18, which may be significant as I guess it has just updated the Xepg (scheduled for 4.00).
There are no logs.
Neither remote or pushing buttons on the box do anything.

Any ideas? :confused:

Rob van der Does
29-08-12, 11:39
I have to say that in general this release has been a delight to install.
However, both on the initial release and now with 234, I have woken up to basically a "dead" box after putting it into standby the night before.
This morning it had the correct date and the time at 4.18, which may be significant as I guess it has just updated the Xepg (scheduled for 4.00).
There are no logs.
Neither remote or pushing buttons on the box do anything.

Any ideas? :confused:
Enable debuglogs and upload them when such an accident occurred: they are invaluable for such cases.

twol
29-08-12, 14:52
Enable debuglogs and upload them when such an accident occurred: they are invaluable for such cases.
Oooops, thought it was enabled...thanks.,

river-rat
03-09-12, 14:35
ok so im going to flash today

after seeing

All Users - A full flash is required
You can not use backup restore or online update from 2.4 with this image
In this image the core has been extensively rewritten by Andy in conjunction with the OE Alliance.
You are advised to take a full image backup before flashing.

does this mean if it picks up any backups on flashing, not to install them???

as a little pointless to say at the end of the above, a full image backup is advised, if you cant use it with 3.0?
or is this for if you hate 3.0 and go back to 2.4?

river-rat
03-09-12, 15:01
well it set me e2 settings up for me, so all good

how to a report skin problems? with dTV-HD

Larry-G
03-09-12, 15:39
We recommend a full image backup so that in the eventuality of a user having problems or they just don't like the new image they could return to a known working setup.

If you do use a settings backup from a earlier image such as 2.4 it will mess up the core of the image, which for ViX 3.0 has been totally rewritten. for example it will break the FTP protocol which requires a full flash.

To report skin bugs create a new thread with the details.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

river-rat
03-09-12, 15:56
ok well have 2 bugs i have since the update is, my ftp password has changed and cant get into box the normal root and blank or root and password is not working?
also cccam is ok for 10 mins and just stops, freezes and then comes back. was ok for a year on old 2.4

will try a re flash

Larry-G
03-09-12, 16:00
ok well have 2 bugs i have since the update is, my ftp password has changed and cant get into box the normal root and blank or root and password is not working?
also cccam is ok for 10 mins and just stops, freezes and then comes back. was ok for a year on old 2.4

The first is as a result of you ignoring advice and restoring a settings backup made from a earlier Image. You have broken the FTP protocol and now need to reflash the receiver as there is no other way to return FTP access to you.

river-rat
03-09-12, 16:02
no worrys u learn from mistakes :)

river-rat
03-09-12, 16:10
back in ftp, will re stall ccccam

river-rat
03-09-12, 17:42
all sorted. for some reason the picons on my usb didnt show in epg? downloaded one of the ts panel and does?

river-rat
04-09-12, 11:01
can anyone advise do i now have to save picon to hdd? can i not use a usb?

i found the ones the panel downloaded on /media/hdd overwriten with the ones i had, yet they look very pixelly

when i download if only says the hdd or flash, no usb?

judge
04-09-12, 14:27
Yes, you can move them to a USB & they'll work from there.

river-rat
05-09-12, 11:35
i tried, but no luck the ones i downloaded seem very unclear, like a 2 year old made them

Stanman
05-09-12, 22:38
Make sure your USB is mounted as USB and not SDB1 - Blue Button>VIX>Mount manager

river-rat
12-09-12, 08:18
we have started a post about the picons now mate

like to add, if i install picons to flash from feeds, why do i have to remove them myself, before i download? why cant it be over written like if was on hd or usb?

Rob van der Does
12-09-12, 13:15
we have started a post about the picons now mate
like to add, if i install picons to flash from feeds, why do i have to remove them myself, before i download? why cant it be over written like if was on hd or usb?
You had several sets of picons installed. So on installing a third set, there's no way OPKG can distinguish between them, which may lead to future update problems. And on seeing a picon, you'll never know from which set it is. The location of the picons makes no difference in this respect.

alba1978
15-09-12, 06:25
tried to update the box from 275 to the newest update and it has been stuck for over 10 minutes sayin booting.Tried online update first and via telnet but no joy.any help as i cant usemy backups either due to box stuck in booting

Larry-G
15-09-12, 06:35
There seems to be a problem with build 282, not sure what yet so for now stay at a older image until we can track down the problem and release a fix.

I would also recommend that you save your backups to a USB stick so in cases such as these you can easily retrieve them to flash back to the receiver.

alba1978
15-09-12, 06:45
done a reflash to vix 3.0 268 and now used my settings back up and all working fine.

Rob van der Does
15-09-12, 06:55
As a temporary solution unzip the attached file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

Flyingpig
18-09-12, 23:48
Hello All,

I have installed the latest version of OE3 that was downloadable from the site, I have just done the update from the system menu after changing the setting to unstable updates, and it has been stuck in booting mode for the last 20 minutes. Every so often the VIX sign comes up in the top left corner for 5 secs or so then goes off for 2.

Should I re-flash to the last stable image?

Ta.

FP.

basilyoung
18-09-12, 23:54
yes reflash, a few of us got caught out, including myself

we need to wait for the stable update/fix

Larry-G
19-09-12, 00:14
The latest image on the feeds is unstable and results in a bootloop, for now download and flash build 268, but do not update any further until we can get a new build out with the necessary fixes. We will make a announcement when the time comes that the fix is available.

Rob van der Does
19-09-12, 05:55
Or do what's been suggested in http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20211-New-ViX-Team-ET-9x00-OE3-0-Release-Discussion&p=157203&viewfull=1#post157203; just one post above yours :confused:

halflife
23-09-12, 10:21
I was try to install this important plugin for me, but after install, it is not visible in plugin browser. this 3.20 ver is created for new 3.0 image, and on pli works good.

Rob van der Does
23-09-12, 12:35
There should be a working version on our feeds: did you try that?

halflife
23-09-12, 13:18
no, but just found that problem with my dvbt usb stick it913x is not solved again, even your image use latest driver for it913x chip, kernel-module-dvb-usb-913x linux-etxx00 version 3.4.3.-r1.8.
again "usb disconnect" error:
it913x: Chip Version=01 Chip Type=9135
it913x: Remote HID mode NOT SUPPORTED
it913x: Dual mode=0 Tuner Type=0
dvb-usb: found a 'ITE 9135(9006) Generic' in cold state, will try to load a firm
ware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-it9135-01.fw'
it913x: FRM Starting Firmware Download
it913x: FRM Firmware Download Completed - Resetting Device
it913x: Chip Version=01 Chip Type=9135
it913x: Firmware Version 204869120
dvb-usb: found a 'ITE 9135(9006) Generic' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (ITE 9135(9006) Generic)
it913x-fe: ADF table value :00
it913x-fe: Crystal Frequency :12000000 Adc Frequency :20250000 ADC X2: 01
it913x-fe: Tuner LNA type :38
DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (ITE 9135(9006) Generic_1)...
dvb-usb: ITE 9135(9006) Generic successfully initialized and connected.
it913x: DEV registering device driver
usbcore: registered new interface driver it913x
NET: Registered protocol family 10

rtw driver version=v3.3.0_2971.20111128
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu
r8712u: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have b
een warned.
usbcore: registered new interface driver r8712u
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2500usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2800usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt73usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8187
usbcore: registered new interface driver zd1211rw
Console: switching to colour dummy device 80x25
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 2 (vtuner)...
prune_queue: c=b438ce16
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
prune_queue: c=bcc6a2ee
prune_queue: c=bcc709a0
ehci-brcm ehci-brcm.0: force halt; handshake b0480314 00004000 00000000 -> -145
ehci-brcm ehci-brcm.0: HC died; cleaning up
usb 1-2: USB disconnect, device number 3
prune_queue: c=7a8447d8

problem is in kernel 3.3 and above, so I have to return to "old" 3.2.2.
just installed old image where all I need works fine, dddamir sub player and my usb dvbt stick.
I was ask for a help about this problem on many forums, but nobody help me. it is common problem for all it913x chipset owner, not only mine .
something is dramaticly changed in kernel module whitch couse usb disconnect issue after few minutes, but can't find out what.
when I take time, I'll install again your image ( my favorite, must say ) and test subtitle player from feed.

halflife
24-09-12, 17:14

subtitle player works, but there is a problem in epg window as you can see on picture

Larry-G
24-09-12, 17:19

subtitle player works, but there is a problem in epg window as you can see on picture

Which skin is it that your using ?, and have you tried any of the skins specifically written for ViX such as the Day and Night skins or the magic skins ? to see if your problem exists on them.

halflife
24-09-12, 18:29

I don't install any other skin, this is default skin.
I'll try now magic skin

halflife
24-09-12, 18:37
no, it's not a problem with skin, but with image

Rob van der Does
24-09-12, 20:02
Could you please try the skin Magic-HD and see how that goes? It has support for the player.

halflife
24-09-12, 20:54
picture above is from magic hd

Rob van der Does
24-09-12, 21:30
picture above is from magic hd
If the above picture is from Magic-HD you're on a 2.x image; update to ViX 3.0 and you'll see a different screen.

halflife
25-09-12, 06:59
no my friend, this is 3.0 image with latest update. subtitle player and magic hd skin I was download from plugin browser feed. You can try to do the same and see the result

Rob van der Does
25-09-12, 07:08
Well, as I created Magic-HD myself, I have a pretty good idea of what's in it. If you would be using the system as you say, you would see a completely different screen. And I just checked again..........

Rob van der Does
25-09-12, 07:31
To elaborate a bit on that: the screen you showed us, is the screen tha's been built in in the plugin. If you would be using Magic-HD you would see the screen that's in Magic-HD (see my screenie).
But: the problem remains the same. As this is a flaw in the plugin, I can't repair that in the skin. I'll give it another shot shortly.

Rob van der Does
25-09-12, 16:16
Fixed in next update.

alba1978
13-10-12, 06:09
Tried to update to VIX 3.0 369 but the box gets stuck on booting. Working good as used my back up but just to let other forum users know

Rob van der Does
13-10-12, 06:24
There is indeed a serious problem with build 369.

Rob van der Does
13-10-12, 08:17
Fixed in build 370; will be online shortly.

twol
13-10-12, 17:43
Fixed in build 370; will be online shortly.

Blew up on restart, but after power off/on has been fine... however before it crashed there was text saying "hope this doesn't cause a crash"............... very strange!
log sent

twol
13-10-12, 17:44
As much as I love the VIX3.0 winterscreen, why do you have to replace the bootlogos on an update?????

wedgehog
14-10-12, 14:40
I like to see what changes have been made to the image before I install it but no one has bothered to list the changes for image 370?

Stanman
14-10-12, 14:42
As much as I love the VIX3.0 winterscreen, why do you have to replace the bootlogos on an update?????
bootlogo was updated when we went from 2.4 to 3.0

Larry-G
14-10-12, 16:15

if your refering to the old black bootlogo's they were removed at the request of their author silverfox as he is no longer part of the ViX image team and did not want us using them.

I like to see what changes have been made to the image before I install it but no one has bothered to list the changes for image 370?

well if you actually bothered to look you may have just noticed that the changelogs upto build 370 were indeed posted 22 hours ago.

you can also see the changlogs via the image it self when updating

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21343-OpenViX-3-0-updates-and-changelogs&p=164746&viewfull=1#post164746

wedgehog
14-10-12, 16:51
So polite thank you :rolleyes: I looked at where it says "view the changes" on the software update in the image on my box, and it still shows no changes for image 370 as I write this, although now 371 has appeared. :cool:

Stanman
14-10-12, 17:03
So polite thank you :rolleyes: I looked at where it says "view the changes" on the software update in the image on my box, and it still shows no changes for image 370 as I write this, although now 371 has appeared. :cool:

And the reply was so nice it will invite help in the future:confused:

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 17:08
See here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22150-Change-logs&p=164978&viewfull=1#post164978) .

alba1978
14-10-12, 17:17
i updated mine to 371 but the box kept crashing as soon as it turned on.gone back to 370 and woking perfect again.

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 17:19
Then you had timeshift enabled in your setup; in 371 there's a problem in this area. Will probably be fixed soon (in 372 or so).
This is the risk you take on updating when set to unstable.

alba1978
14-10-12, 17:24
don't mind anyway as i do a back up before hand. seen the update and tried did not work,just have to wait till next one.

wedgehog
14-10-12, 17:29
Thanks Rob

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 17:52
If you disable Timeshift (and leave it disabled) it's safe to update. I have 4 boxes running fine on 371 (apart from PTS).

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 17:53
don't mind anyway as i do a back up before hand. seen the update and tried did not work,just have to wait till next one.
That's the spirit :thumbsup:

Larry-G
14-10-12, 17:54

what did you expect when you posted this

machare
14-10-12, 20:49
bootlogo was updated when we went from 2.4 to 3.0Yes, but IIRC they were also in the build 370 update so my customised bootlogo, backdrop and radio logos were replaced.

Stanman
14-10-12, 22:10
Yes, but IIRC they were also in the build 370 update so my customised bootlogo, backdrop and radio logos were replaced.

They will be, any update and you need to ftp customisation back to the box.

eriche
19-10-12, 17:17
I use the latest VIX image 3.0 Build 378 on my XTrend ET9000
My et9000 crashes when I go into IPK-Installer and press the yellow button "Extra IPK`s" :confused:
Is there a way to get a good ipk repository to the VIX Image?
You know - one where I can install more plugins without the need to install it manually through FTP,...

GreeT`s Erich

Larry-G
19-10-12, 17:30
I use the latest VIX image 3.0 Build 378 on my XTrend ET9000
My et9000 crashes when I go into IPK-Installer and press the yellow button "Extra IPK`s" :confused:
Is there a way to get a good ipk repository to the VIX Image?
You know - one where I can install more plugins without the need to install it manually through FTP,...

GreeT`s Erich

There is a selection of tested and working plugins available via the plugin feeds.

Rob van der Does
19-10-12, 18:00
"Extra IPK's" is a local location where you have ipk's.

eriche
19-10-12, 18:20
thanks for the answer - but where is this folder located?
And anyway I would suggest to check if this folder exists to avoid the crash - like I have it :cool:

I get more plugins now - because I set to untested.

Does anybody know what the "-po", "-src" means after a plugin name
src may mean "source"?

Is it possible to add another repository to get also things installed the World-of-Satelite is not supporting :confused:

GreeT`s Erich

Rob van der Does
19-10-12, 18:39
It's a local folder: you're supposed to know where you located your ipk's :confused:

.po are the translation files (if you want to help translating,
.src are the source files, for if you want to do your own development.

eriche
19-10-12, 20:46
It's a local folder: you're supposed to know where you located your ipk's
Where can I configure the location of this special folder :rolleyes:
I don`t get it - after a new installation (flashing from USB) the ET9000 crashes when I press the yellow button "Extra IPK`s"
normal I use the "tmp" folder for installing plugins offline

Thanks very much for the explanation of the files - I didn`t find this on the web.

For all others who are searching for a way to install some special plugins - use "TS Pannel" thats cool :)

Gree`t Erich

basilyoung
19-10-12, 20:56
the special folder, is simply a folder on your comp, or unit where you would save your ipks too, the folder name would be "extra_ipk"

Rob van der Does
19-10-12, 21:09
I've a folder named 'local plugins' on an USB-stick. In it I have some plugins I want to install. Via backupmanager --> Menu --> extra plugins I navigate to that folder an click on the button. Now on a settings restore plugins from that location will also be installed, provided they were installed at the time of making the backup.
Seems to work fine on my boxes.

The location can be any location, provided the location is available at boot time. So a (internal) HDD and a stick will be fine.

mmertens
06-11-12, 23:33
Hi all, first post of some problems I experience with the otherwise excellent Vix image, so be gentle if I'm asking about some thing(s) that was already discussed...
- ET9000, build 394
- I loaded a large amount (100+gB) of MP3's on the HD. If I try to play one with the mediaplayer, nothing plays and the system hangs after a few seconds (endless spinning logo, no response to keys, have to switch box off with the switch on the back). Merlin media player plays the MP3's just fine but I don't like that interface very much.
- Sometimes the box completely stops reacting to the remote; sometimes the buttons on the front of the box still work, sometimes switching on and off is the only cure. Sometimes the box starts reacting again after a little while.
- OpenwebIF cannot be used to start MP3 playback on the box, can only download and play on a PC. Or at least I can't find how to.
- OpenwebIF cannot switch to some audio-streams from the Web; choosing the same stream with the remote works without problem.

Thanks for any help or tips you can offer.

Best regards,
Maarten

Tube10000
08-11-12, 13:59
Hi all,

could please someone tell me where i find in this image the start script for cccam?

twol
08-11-12, 17:03
Hi all,

could please someone tell me where i find in this image the start script for cccam?
I assume you mean blue button, softcam manager

mmertens
10-11-12, 17:16
Hi all, am I posing my questions in the wrong forum/to the wrong people? Have they been asked before? I did search but to no avail... Mods, pls let me know if I'm doing something wrong here or there just is no answer to my questions (which I doubt...). Thanks, Maarten

Hi all, first post of some problems I experience with the otherwise excellent Vix image, so be gentle if I'm asking about some thing(s) that was already discussed...
- ET9000, build 394
- I loaded a large amount (100+gB) of MP3's on the HD. If I try to play one with the mediaplayer, nothing plays and the system hangs after a few seconds (endless spinning logo, no response to keys, have to switch box off with the switch on the back). Merlin media player plays the MP3's just fine but I don't like that interface very much.
- Sometimes the box completely stops reacting to the remote; sometimes the buttons on the front of the box still work, sometimes switching on and off is the only cure. Sometimes the box starts reacting again after a little while.
- OpenwebIF cannot be used to start MP3 playback on the box, can only download and play on a PC. Or at least I can't find how to.
- OpenwebIF cannot switch to some audio-streams from the Web; choosing the same stream with the remote works without problem.

Thanks for any help or tips you can offer.

Best regards,
Maarten

joj
16-11-12, 18:35
hi all, if someone can guide,i want to use autoresolution with it.thx:thumbsup:

joj
16-11-12, 20:31
resolved.thx

No.Trace
04-12-12, 09:17
Hi there ...

is there a "working plugin list" for the et9000 with OpenVIX OE3.0 ?

This Plugins are working on my et9000 with the VIX 2.4 Image:

- FritzCall
- SatAngel K*yUpda*er
- EPG Refresh
- Autotimer Plugin
- LCD4Luinx
- Dream*ox Explorer
- OpenAirPlayer

Thanks for a little help ... Greetings No.Trace !!!

No.Trace
04-12-12, 10:49
Hi ...

ups ... i just forget some plugins ;)

- Cutlist Editor
- Execute Cuts

CU No.Trace ...

river-rat
21-12-12, 20:00
pressing filelist or playlist on
3.0 build 534 crashes and reboots box

twol
21-12-12, 20:11

OK for me on ET9200 with 534 - did you reflash 521 and then update????

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 21:10
Then post your crashlog please.

Larry-G
21-12-12, 21:56
working fine here on my ultimo on build 534.

river-rat
21-12-12, 22:03
Then post your crashlog please.
where are they saved?
i installed a 3.0 last week and each time just done update when green light flashing

river-rat
21-12-12, 22:04
working fine here on my ultimo on build 534.

a ultimo is not a xtrend now is it

Larry-G
21-12-12, 23:56
a ultimo is not a xtrend now is it

no it is not but we are talking the exact same image along all the receivers we support, and for the record it works perfectly on 6 different receivers i have tried so far, so as already asked upload your crash logs otherwise there is no way we can even attempt to help you.

river-rat
22-12-12, 00:11
and i have asked where are they stored

judge
22-12-12, 02:02
and i have asked where are they stored

/home/root/logs/ unless you change the default location.

twol
22-12-12, 09:52
where are they saved?
i installed a 3.0 last week and each time just done update when green light flashing

So which build did you first install, because we have been requested to reflash from 521.

river-rat
22-12-12, 12:41

514 was the first one

twol
22-12-12, 13:04

514 was the first one

So that could be the problem, you need to reflash with 521 (or I guess higher if available) to download to usb and then do online updates.:)

river-rat
22-12-12, 15:01
relashed and sorted

river-rat
26-12-12, 17:07
i see another update today about postionsetup in change logs, but nothing listed on site?

Rob van der Does
26-12-12, 17:14
i see another update today about postionsetup in change logs, but nothing listed on site?
To be fully informed about updates you really should look at the GiT. Any changelog is only a summary.

doudoubada
30-12-12, 16:35
Hi to all
I have an et9000 with the last upgrade. since a few days my remote control does not work
Can anyone helps me to resolve the problem.
Many thanks

river-rat
30-12-12, 19:16
batteries? sure is on stb

Jonase
05-01-13, 20:07
Hi all,

After an automatic upgrade from 3.0-539 to build 552, the web-interface is no longer working:

The web server reports:
<type 'exceptions.IOError'>: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/proc/stb/info/gbmodel'

Any ideas ?

Jonase
06-01-13, 00:49
Problem solved by reinstalling the openwebif plugin!

copex
06-01-13, 11:15
this has been happening for a while i have two box's a ET9200 and a ET5000 if i start the upgrade on the ET9200 then the ET5000 the ET5000 is updated before the ET9200.
my ET9200 takes around 20-30 mins to update even when it is only updating a plugin, now if i do the updated via telnet it takes roughly the same time as the ET5000?

is there anything i can do to fix this delay issue.

twol
06-01-13, 13:22
this has been happening for a while i have two box's a ET9200 and a ET5000 if i start the upgrade on the ET9200 then the ET5000 the ET5000 is updated before the ET9200.
my ET9200 takes around 20-30 mins to update even when it is only updating a plugin, now if i do the updated via telnet it takes roughly the same time as the ET5000?

online update takes 5 mins approx on my ET9200 including reboot, even when I haven't updated for a while. :)

judge
06-01-13, 13:27

upload a ebug log from the box when this happens.

No.Trace
06-01-13, 14:11
Hi there ...

Thanks again for the great image and your hard work :)

But I think i foud a write error in the 3.0 image ... when i want to delete a movie this question is asked:
"Sillst Du ...." aber es müsste "Willst Du ..."

Where can i edit this ... or will this be fixed over an update?

CU No.Trace ...

copex
15-01-13, 20:34
upload a ebug log from the box when this happens.

i enabled debug log then done two updates both took twenty mins, even though the second update was only a pic icon update.

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 20:42
..... updates both took twenty mins, even though the second update was only a pic icon update.
And it's the picon update that can take up to 30 minutes.

iampwd
16-01-13, 20:04
I can't get ushare to start, I press green button (to start) and see "VIX" spinn in upper left corner but then nothing happens. Ushare status says "Stopped". Any help?

copex
16-01-13, 23:10
And it's the picon update that can take up to 30 minutes.

any update done via the remote, if i do the update by telnet it takes around 5 minutes.

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 07:55
any update done via the remote, if i do the update by telnet it takes around 5 minutes.
If picons are not in flash, updating the image via telnet will not update the picons.

copex
17-01-13, 20:49
If picons are not in flash, updating the image via telnet will not update the picons.

when the green icon flashes, if i go to menu to software update, i get the screen to say the box is updating, this takes 20 min, on the next update i telnet to the box, send the init4 && op...... ect and the box updates in 5 mins, sometimes there is only one item update again via the remote 20 min use telnet less than 5 mins.

so is there any fix to the delay?

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 20:53
when the green icon flashes, if i go to menu to software update, i get the screen to say the box is updating, this takes 20 min, on the next update i telnet to the box, send the init4 && op...... ect and the box updates in 5 mins, sometimes there is only one item update again via the remote 20 min use telnet less than 5 mins.

so is there any fix to the delay?
Nope, as there is nothing to fix: there is no delay!
As has been stated several times: updates of picons can take up to 30 mins. And updating via telnet will not update picons unless they are in flash.

copex
17-01-13, 21:04
forget about the pic icons.. never mind i give up read my first post ...

arsestar
20-01-13, 23:08
hello guys, i installed this image on my 9200, got cccam working installed channel lists and even the icefilms plugin works... however, whenever i restart the box when it boots it gets stuck in "booting" mode and i have to reflash the box to use it again. is there any solution to this?

copex
21-01-13, 18:37

this was updated via telnet, took less than 2 min , if this update was done by the update menu it would take over 20 mins for the box to reboot. there has to be some reason to why there is a difference in the time the update takes. its the same with the vix update.

Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/3rdparty/Pack ages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/3rdparty/Packag es.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-3rdparty.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/all/Packages. gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/all/Packages.gz .
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-all.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/et9x00/Packag es.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/et9x00/Packages .gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-et9x00.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/mips32el/Pack ages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/mips32el/Packag es.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-mips32el.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/ocram/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/ocram/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/ocram-picons.

Rob van der Does
21-01-13, 20:11
this was updated via telnet, took less than 2 min , if this update was done by the update menu it would take over 20 mins for the box to reboot. there has to be some reason to why there is a difference in the time the update takes. its the same with the vix update.
Nope, there is no difference between the two. They both execute exactly the same command.

copex
22-01-13, 19:41
Nope, there is no difference between the two. They both execute exactly the same command.

SO what do i have to do so you will believe that when i update via telnet there is a difference in the amount of time the update takes?

Rob van der Does
22-01-13, 21:34
The same as proving to me that the earth is flat :eek:

copex
23-01-13, 20:20
The same as proving to me that the earth is flat :eek:

Now why doesn't that response surprise me :-)

Larry-G
24-01-13, 06:39
Now why doesn't that response surprise me :-)

Evet herd the saying dont ask a silly question and you won't get a silly answer ?.

andyblac
25-01-13, 01:36
SO what do i have to do so you will believe that when i update via telnet there is a difference in the amount of time the update takes?

updating 'picons' can take some 20 mins ;) lots of files to remove and install. you are just being luck that when you do it via telnet picons do not need updating ;)

judge
25-01-13, 01:55
why anyone installs picons via the feeds is still beyond me.
much easier & faster to update manually as & when required.

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 06:13
why anyone installs picons via the feeds is still beyond me.
much easier & faster to update manually as & when required.
Naahhh, you also prefer to wind your watch instead of changing a battery once every ten years?
No idea why you would find manual manipulating easier then the way in which you don't have to do anything at all.

judge
25-01-13, 13:51
Naahhh, you also prefer to wind your watch instead of changing a battery once every ten years?
No idea why you would find manual manipulating easier then the way in which you don't have to do anything at all.

just seems to take ages updating when they are installed from the feeds.
I prefer to add them to the backup settings & update manually when an update is posted.

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 13:59
Nope, installing from the feeds is just as fast as doing that via FTP. It's the updating that takes long, as thousands of files have to be overwritten.
What goes equally fast (if an update is available) is to de-install them and re-install from the feeds.

copex
25-01-13, 20:22
updating 'picons' can take some 20 mins ;) lots of files to remove and install. you are just being luck that when you do it via telnet picons do not need updating ;)

it dose not matter what update i do VIX or pic icons, i have two boxes ET5000 and ET9200, i start the update on the ET9200 it takes 20-30 mins to update & restart, i start the update on the ET5000 and it is done in 5 mins, if i do any update via telnet it takes around 5 mins (what ever update the box is doing).

Rob van der Does
25-01-13, 20:48
it dose not matter what update i do VIX or pic icons, i have two boxes ET5000 and ET9200, i start the update on the ET9200 it takes 20-30 mins to update & restart, i start the update on the ET5000 and it is done in 5 mins, if i do any update via telnet it takes around 5 mins (what ever update the box is doing).
Then please show us the logs of all those cases: they should show all the info.

copex
26-01-13, 12:25

debug logs attached

pege63
26-01-13, 12:51
I still having problems updating 339 build, wath can i do?

Larry-G
26-01-13, 12:53
Build 339 is a very very old build, i would advise that you flash the receiver directly to a newer image rather than using the online update feature in this case as there are over 200 builds separating this and the latest Public build ( 574 ).

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ET-9x00/

pege63
26-01-13, 12:56
Is this for VU+ DUO? looks different uppdate from USB stick?

Larry-G
26-01-13, 13:05
No thats for the Xtrend 9x00 receivers as thats the section this post is in.

wedgehog
26-02-13, 17:44
Hi Pheonix, I have version 3.0.600 on my Xtrend 9000 and I find that when I set a timer recording it records for one minute and reports no disk space, but there is hundreds of gigs available. I had a look and found that if I change the location from "Default" to "hdd/movie" it records fine.
In the recording settings menu the default movie location is set to hdd/movie so is there somewhere else to change the "Default to hdd/movie?

Larry-G
26-02-13, 17:47
Hi Pheonix, I have version 3.0.600 on my Xtrend 9000 and I find that when I set a timer recording it records for one minute and reports no disk space, but there is hundreds of gigs available. I had a look and found that if I change the location from "Default" to "hdd/movie" it records fine.
In the recording settings menu the default movie location is set to hdd/movie so is there somewhere else to change the "Default to hdd/movie?

To be honest im at a loss, I never change any thing in this area and it always works fine for me.

wedgehog
26-02-13, 17:51
:D ok thanks :confused: I will just have to keep changing it manually each time I set a timer, once it's set it's fine, even if it's a weekly repeating timer

Rob van der Does
26-02-13, 21:39
Nope, that's the correct location.
You might try to change it to Media/HDD/Movie (the same location, but still........).
What format is the drive?

wedgehog
27-02-13, 13:52
Hi Rob, ext4.

I don't think I can change it to what I like, I can only select what it offers and it only offers default or hdd/movie

Rob van der Does
27-02-13, 15:15
I don't think I can change it to what I like, I can only select what it offers and it only offers default or hdd/movie
Yep you can: via 'recording settings' you can add bookmarks and change the default location.

wedgehog
02-03-13, 12:02
Ah yes, I couldn't figure out how to get from the bookmarks section to the top, then found pressing the menu offered it. Ok, set to media/hdd/movies and I have set up a recording leaving it set to default, will know in five minutes or so.
Nope! did exactly the same, no recording. Never mind, it work fine if I select hdd/movie on the timer setup page, maybe it will just get sorted in later updates

river-rat
08-03-13, 19:28
updated too 626 and as for some reason sound is only on right channel now on my cinema sound
soon as i press audio, it crashes

andyblac
08-03-13, 21:12
updated too 626 and as for some reason sound is only on right channel now on my cinema sound
soon as i press audio, it crashes

the crash should be fixed in 627 (tonights build)

river-rat
09-03-13, 10:59
thanks mate

i got some ideals for some add ons, but as a non linux man not sure if can be sorted

is there a way when u want the tv channel to be zap`ed over ( do via timer ) to be a button just marked as " reminder? " on the epg? like red for record
for some reason on the et9200, i have scroll speed to max, yet is still slow to go up and down and better on other images, so its not my box

i still cant link a seagate goflex to be picked up by the box to watch movies or music

linuxmac
17-03-13, 13:53
Hi.

Trying to update via software update option in the menu for ages and will not do it. Tried via telnet with

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

and i get

Downloading http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62734189/feed/Packages.gz.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62734189/feed/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

Present version is 381

Cheers for help

Larry-G
17-03-13, 14:00
Build 381 is far too old a build to successfully be able to update via the online method, so much has changed in the image between then and now. a full reflash will be required and i would recommend a fresh setup but you can also use a settings backup if you need to, but this may cause problems down the road.

you can get the latest build from www.openvix.co.uk and i'd highly recomend that you backup your config files and any timers or autotimers you may want to keep.

river-rat
17-03-13, 14:03
found myself here yet again

just moved house and had my motor dish re put up

as soon as i go to sat finder and pick a sat to check BANG crashes

Larry-G
17-03-13, 14:07
found myself here yet again

just moved house and had my motor dish re put up

as soon as i go to sat finder and pick a sat to check BANG crashes

as we always say in such instances, we need a little bit more to go on than that to be able to offer help. such as what image your using for example ( the exact build number please ) and i cant stress this often enough but we really do need access to the crash logs that correspond to this incident as they are a vital investigative tool for us.

p.s i'm sure i have said this before too, but this is supposed to be a general thread only, for support please create a specific thread, that way your likely to get helped much faster and your posts are less likely to vanish in the rabble.

No.Trace
17-03-13, 14:51
Hi there ...

i dont know if it was the uodate, but i got now an error 500
on the webinterface ... and so i cant get the device info.
my dreamote app wont work full now.

i hope ou can help me with that problem.
i cant get the openwebintrface working better with dreamote.

thanks and greeings no.trace

Stanman
17-03-13, 16:50
Hi.

Trying to update via software update option in the menu for ages and will not do it. Tried via telnet with

and i get

Downloading
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62734189/feed/Packages.gz.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 NOT FOUND
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62734189/feed/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

Present version is 381

Cheers for help

IIRC thats the Orcam picons, if you do as Pheonix suggested it will be fine for future updates

No.Trace
17-03-13, 19:38
Hi there ...

when i get over ftp on the box and want to start the deviceinfo i get this error.

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 16: Namespace prefix e2 on screen is not defined
error on line 3 at column 37: Namespace prefix e2 on element is not defined
error on line 4 at column 36: Namespace prefix e2 on element is not defined
error on line 5 at column 53: Namespace prefix e2 on convert is not defined
error on line 6 at column 33: Namespace prefix e2 on element is not defined
error on line 7 at column 34: Namespace prefix e2 on element is not defined
error on line 9 at column 33: Namespace prefix e2 on element is not defined
error on line 11 at column 35: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 12 at column 36: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 13 at column 38: Namespace prefix e2 on convert is not defined
error on line 16 at column 31: Namespace prefix e2 on element is not defined
error on line 18 at column 35: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 19 at column 34: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 20 at column 35: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 21 at column 33: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 22 at column 38: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 24 at column 39: Namespace prefix e2 on convert is not defined
error on line 27 at column 28: Namespace prefix e2 on element is not defined
error on line 29 at column 36: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 30 at column 39: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 31 at column 35: Namespace prefix e2 on item is not defined
error on line 32 at column 33: Namespace prefix e2 on convert is not defined
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

CU

No.Trace
19-03-13, 13:25
Hi there ...

now if got the "old" webinterface (1.7.1) running ... but i have to reinstall openvix-3.0.627 ...
What changes from 627 to 632 in the webinterface setting ? Since 632 i can't use
the "old" webinterface (1.7.1)

CU and Greetings No.Trace ...

river-rat
20-03-13, 12:20
as we always say in such instances, we need a little bit more to go on than that to be able to offer help. such as what image your using for example ( the exact build number please ) and i cant stress this often enough but we really do need access to the crash logs that correspond to this incident as they are a vital investigative tool for us.

p.s i'm sure i have said this before too, but this is supposed to be a general thread only, for support please create a specific thread, that way your likely to get helped much faster and your posts are less likely to vanish in the rabble.

done mate

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?27217-updated-box-now-using-satfinder-crashes-box

wedgehog
29-03-13, 15:36
Hi guys, how come when I try to install Oscam1.2 downloaded from your site downloads it says that it cannot install it as the structure is different?

Stanman
29-03-13, 18:02
How you installing it - from the openvix.co.uk its a IPK so needs to go into tmp folder on the box via FTP and than blue button>VIX>install local extensions

wedgehog
29-03-13, 19:35
Hi Stan, yes that's exactly what I did and then in the black popup window it reports what I said above

Larry-G
29-03-13, 19:38
Hi Stan, yes that's exactly what I did and then in the black popup window it reports what I said above

Its likely a older file as those have not been updated in some time.

Larry-G
29-03-13, 19:38

river-rat
29-03-13, 20:34
wheres the post for the update today mate?
as i so far the box reboots after the update and when i re download epg it sits there downloads every thing, sits on a lot of downloads and then wont auto go back to a channel and nothing is in the list

Larry-G
29-03-13, 20:37
If you mean the change log, I only post those when the images are classed as stable.

wedgehog
30-03-13, 13:38

Hi Phoenix, well it was 1.2 build 7456 from vix softcams, but I have managed to get hold of 1.2 build 8168 now and that works fine, thanks anyway.

white_westie
14-05-13, 21:17
Flashed build 664 onto my ET9000 today, no settings restore, and all working well so far.
Use a SonyTV dvb-t usb tuner so installed dib0700 drivers from feeds.
Seems to be working but see the following message about 'tx buffer length' in dmesg output

dvb-usb: found a 'Sony PlayTV' in warm state.
DVB: registering new adapter (Sony PlayTV)
usb 1-1: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (DiBcom 7000PC)...
DiB0070: successfully identified
DVB: registering new adapter (Sony PlayTV)
usb 1-1: DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (DiBcom 7000PC)...
DiB0070: successfully identified
dvb-usb: Sony PlayTV successfully initialized and connected.
dib0700: rc submit urb failed
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700
svc: failed to register lockdv1 RPC service (errno 124).
platform dvb0.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 2 (vtuner)...
dib0700: tx buffer length is larger than 4. Not supported. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
platform dvb0.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 3 (vtuner)...
dib0700: tx buffer length is larger than 4. Not supported. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Message also appeared when I had new OpenATV image flashed on stb.

Is it important, or something to be concerned about?

WW

Boile
20-05-13, 11:26
Hi!
I flashed 3.0.666 (XTrend 9200) and my USB WIFI is no working - it's not detected.
On 3.0658 is Ok.
Do i need new Drivers?
Thanks

linuxmac
31-05-13, 12:51
Updated the box this morning via software update. Update then restarted the box, and its now stuck on booting. I can terminal into the box and thats all.

Any help please.

Thank you.

linuxmac
31-05-13, 13:10
I think the ocram-picons package has ate all my flash. I found loads of files in /home/root i've deleted those and tried

but nothing. I think the addon is still active somewhere as the terminal screen lists the following.

Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/3rdparty/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-3rdparty.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/all/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/all/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-all.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/et9x00/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/et9x00/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-et9x00.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/mips32el/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/et9x00/mips32el/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/openvix-mips32el.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/ocram/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/ocram/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/lists/ocram-picons.

Rob van der Does
31-05-13, 15:54
If that is all you see, there's nothing to update.
Make sure by the command

opkg update && opkg list-upgradable

Be aware that picon updates can take up to 30 minutes.

linuxmac
31-05-13, 17:49
Well its hung for 2 hours. Nothing seems to be going on. I originally installed the ocram-picons package manually by doing the opkg install from terminal with the dest flag. I wanted the picons to install to the usb and NOT the flash because it takes up too much space.

Now it looks as its reinstalled the picons after the upgrade but its installed them in the flash and has not finished upgrading itself.

How can I fix this please.

Heres the error from the ipkg log.

Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-tsmedia-oe2.0.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-skins-vix-magic-hd-night.
Collected errors:
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good-souphttpsrc.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good-souphttpsrc. Package debris may remain!
* copy_file_chunk: write: No space left on device.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good-rtpmanager.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good-rtpmanager. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good-udp.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good-udp. Package debris may remain!
* wfopen: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/MPHelp/XMLHelp.pyo: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/images/busy15.png: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/images/busy22.png: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.EE3A.tv: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/blacklist: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.ED03.tv: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/bouquets.radio: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.ED75.tv: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.ED2E.tv: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.EE47.tv: No space left on device.
* wfopen: /etc/enigma2/userbouquet.ED90.tv: No space left on device.
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgsearch.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgsearch. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-wirelesslan.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-wirelesslan. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good-matroska.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good-matroska. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good-avi.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good-avi. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good-flv.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good-flv. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-skins-vix-vixbmc-metropolis.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-plugin-skins-vix-vixbmc-metropolis. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/gst-plugins-good-rtp.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for gst-plugins-good-rtp. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-positionersetup.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-positionersetup. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videoenhancement.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-videoenhancement. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-commoninterfaceassignment.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-commoninterfaceassignment. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-networkwizard.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-networkwizard. Package debris may remain!
* pkg_write_filelist: Failed to open //var/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-skindefault.list: No space left on device.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to extract data files for enigma2-skindefault. Package debris may remain!

Rob van der Does
31-05-13, 17:58
It looks like something has filled your flash. Not sure what, but it can't be the picons from the feeds (I ha them in flash for years and never had any problem).
I would reflash to get rid of this problem.

BTW: you'd better open your own thread for your own problem: this is a multi page general thread.

wedgehog
01-06-13, 17:54
Hey guys what have you done to the latest Image :eek: I just used the menu software update and after it had completed I found using the Open WebIf so slow it was painful, it took ages for a page to come up. I had to restore my backup Image and all is well again.

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 17:56
Hey guys what have you done to the latest Image :eek: I just used the menu software update and after it had completed I found using the Open WebIf so slow it was painful, it took ages for a page to come up. I had to restore my backup Image and all is well again.
First of all: please tell us what 'the latest image' is: we released three today.
And for the record: no issues on all my boxes on build 673.

wedgehog
01-06-13, 18:16
As I stated that it was downloaded through the menu and as you are aware a selection is not offered so surely you must know which one you have on the server for download? or is it normal just to be difficult?

Rob van der Does
01-06-13, 18:17
As I stated that it was downloaded through the menu and as you are aware a selection is not offered so surely you must know which one you have on the server for download? or is it normal just to be difficult?
As I stated we released three builds today!

So if that's all you can say I would suggest you to go elsewhere.......

wedgehog
01-06-13, 18:18
As I stated that it was downloaded through the menu and as you are aware a selection is not offered so surely you must know which one you have on the server for download? or is it normal just to be difficult? Will do areshole

twol
01-06-13, 20:07
As I stated that it was downloaded through the menu and as you are aware a selection is not offered so surely you must know which one you have on the server for download? or is it normal just to be difficult? Will do aresholeof course you could just go to menu/information/about and let them know which build

alba1978
01-06-13, 20:49
has build 673 been released yet as I am on build 671 and when trying software update it says nothing to upgrade.

Larry-G
01-06-13, 21:20
has build 673 been released yet as I am on build 671 and when trying software update it says nothing to upgrade.

yes but you will need to enable the allow unstable updates option as its not yet moved to stable ( fully tested ) status.

alba1978
01-06-13, 21:44
I already have and no sign of any update

Larry-G
01-06-13, 21:57
it may take a little while as there are 19 images to upload etc, try a telnet update.

alba1978
01-06-13, 22:00
Just tried and no joy yet.not an issue as box is working fine just like o keep up to date.thanks for your reply

Sicilian
02-06-13, 06:29
There is an issue with build 673 for ET9x00 that we are looking into.

No.Trace
09-06-13, 13:43
Hi there ...

got some "errors" on image 378 (et4000 and et9000).

01 - no scrolling in the 2nd infobar
when i press ok 2 times to see the 2nd infobar i cant scoll down,
when i press the down button the infobar goes away

02 - no single epg
whan i press the red button to see single epg of the current programm
only the multi epg is opening

03 - an error in the german translation
if i want to delete a movie the "are you sure questin" is wrong
it don't be "Sillst Du ...." it has to be "Willst Du ..."

But many thanks for ther great image for my et4000 and et9000 !

CU No.Trace

kooleracer
30-06-13, 17:10
The last updates i have problem completing the update. I have to shut off the box manually it won't reboot like normal when the update is done. I have build 683 i got the update message but when i try to update i get the upgrade in progress screen but it doesn't go away. Maybe an idea to make a progress bar or live update log so as an user you can see what the box is doing.

wot76
30-06-13, 18:55
Hello, All builds since 649 are given me a problem in that I am unable to play any videos from my NAS. I have updated a couple of times since, even till 685 hoping that the problem would disappear, but it is still there.
I have now gone back to an earlier version. Will email the crash log as well.

Short description of the problem is that the moment I select a file (i.e. mpg or mkv to play VIX crashes and creates the crash log and restarts enigma.

Device: ET9X00
Versions: all versions between >649 and 685
plugins:
MGCAMD 1.35a
Cross EPG Downloader
Openweb if
SKIN: MAGIC-HD Night

short update - not clever of course restoring to a previous version of my own backup has of course wiped the log folder as well.
Please let me know if others have experienced a similar issue - if not I will perform another update later this week and share the crash log -- (if I do it now the wife will kick me out :)

Rob van der Does
30-06-13, 19:55
Hello, All builds since 649 are given me a problem in that I am unable to play any videos from my NAS. I have updated a couple of times since, even till 685 hoping that the problem would disappear, but it is still there.
Please flash your box with 685. Make a settings backup first, si that you can restore during the First Install Wizard.

manikm
30-06-13, 20:28
Please flash your box with 685. Make a settings backup first, si that you can restore during the First Install Wizard.

i did that today.

hey mate, can u confirm that blind scan only works on TUNER A.

thanks!!

wot76
30-06-13, 21:35

Hey Rob, worked like a charm.

Dank je wel.

kooleracer
04-07-13, 20:22
Is it possible to update from 683 to the lastest image? Because the update isn't working for me.

Larry-G
04-07-13, 20:29
Is it possible to update from 683 to the lastest image? Because the update isn't working for me.

yes a update from 683 to 688 should work just fine, in fact i just updated my solo2 from 685 to 688 without any issues, and i updated my ultimo from a even earlier build this afternoon without issues.

kooleracer
04-07-13, 20:49
How long should an update take?

Larry-G
04-07-13, 20:53
a few minutes but if you have picons installed from the feeds it can take half a hour easily as it needs to overwrite every picon one by one.

kooleracer
04-07-13, 20:54
Oke, i have picons installed.....thx for your insightfull reaction.

No.Trace
10-07-13, 14:59
Hi there ...

I have got the 692 on my ET9000 (and ET4000) and when i want to update to 693 both
devices tell me that there is no update available ... can someone help me to update to 693 ?

Thanks No.Trace

Larry-G
10-07-13, 16:17
Hi there ...

I have got the 692 on my ET9000 (and ET4000) and when i want to update to 693 both
devices tell me that there is no update available ... can someone help me to update to 693 ?

Thanks No.Trace

Try via telnet or make a settings backup and do a fresh flash to 693 restoring that backup in the first install wizard.

No.Trace
10-07-13, 21:16
Hi ...

ok, i will try it with telnet ... but why is it on my et9000 and the et4000 so?
is there a tenet command fir checking the version ? or a update command ?

cu no.trace

Larry-G
10-07-13, 21:30
The command for updating the image via telnet is as so.

Init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6

No.Trace
10-07-13, 21:34
Hi there ...

perfect ... the et9000 is now on 694 ;)
yesterday that wont work ...

tomorrow ill try the et4000 ...

thanks so much ...

egz
16-07-13, 14:30
anyone found a working cccam ipk? im using cccam 2.3.0 from the openvix site. doesnt seem to work. was working fine on vix 2.4?q

judge
16-07-13, 14:33
Cccam 2.3.0 from http://openvix.co.uk works perfectly on ViX 3.x builds on all my boxes, inclding my ET4000.

egz
16-07-13, 14:46
omg its working now! :D
i had cccam 2.2 installed too so i think that was the problem, anyway, reflashed the firmware and installed just the latest cccam and it started working.

No.Trace
01-08-13, 20:52
Hi there ...

now i cant update the LCD4Linux PlugIn ... noch over the Box itself
and not over Telnet ... there i got this Error:
Not downgrading package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux on root from git439+1ffc435-r65 to 3.7-r0

What can I do? Thanks for Help ... No.Trace

andyblac
04-08-13, 00:29
Hi there ...

now i cant update the LCD4Linux PlugIn ... noch over the Box itself
and not over Telnet ... there i got this Error:
Not downgrading package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux on root from git439+1ffc435-r65 to 3.7-r0

What can I do? Thanks for Help ... No.Trace

the version in our feed is slightly different to the normal version i will merge the changes to the version in feeds.

No.Trace
04-08-13, 09:06
Hi Andy ...

this would be great ;) Perhaps you can post it here, if the changes are made ... ?!

CU No.Trace

Rob van der Does
04-08-13, 09:16
The updated plugin is available from the feeds as soon as build 713 is online.

Just out of interest: what LCD do you use? And does it work fine with our version of the plugin?

No.Trace
07-08-13, 18:42
Hi Rob ...

i use a LCD from Pearl ... but that isn available anymore ...
But there some "China-LCDs" that work also.

Here is the man who made it:
http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=165337

And after the update to 715 i could install the V 3.7r0 without a problem.
Thanks for the good work.

But the Config Page wont work ... you can over http://BoxIP/lcd4linux/config
Set all settings ... but not jet in the VIX Image ...

CU No.Trace

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 19:12
Not sure what config page doesn't work? In the plugin you get from the ViX feeds?

No.Trace
07-08-13, 19:31
Hi ...

no, i got the plugin form www.i-have-a-dreambox.com
there is the thread from the programmer of the plugin.

CU ...

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 20:30
I would suggest to use the plugin from the ViX-feeds; we have a slightly modified version.

No.Trace
07-08-13, 20:44
Hi ...

i looked for it ... but where can i find it?
And how fast will you update the version?

Thanks No.Trace

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 20:49
PluginBrowser --> Green

It is possible that it won't show for you as you already have one installed; in that case it should first be de-installed.

No.Trace
07-08-13, 21:03
Hi ...

Thanks for your help ... now i have got the version from the feed ...
it works the same way like the original version .. but i cant change the settings over the webinterface.
not worse ... just wanted to tell. (http://boxip/lcd4linux/config)
Without config you could use an externel wifi display ;)

CU No.Trace

Rob van der Does
07-08-13, 21:12
I don't understand; could you elaborate please?

No.Trace
07-08-13, 21:24
Hi ...

When you have installed the plugin, you can show the "display" over a webbrowser.
just type http://boxip/lcd4linux/ and you can see ... and so you can perhaps use a
tablet as display. with http://boxip/lcd4linux/?width=768 you can set the width if the display
does more than the extern lcd display 240x320 ...
And when you wantbto config it you can get there over the box or over the webinterface
http://boxip/lcd4linux/config

Just install the plugin and see what you can do with it ;)

CU No.Trace

Rob van der Does
09-08-13, 05:10
Thanks for your help ... now i have got the version from the feed ...
it works the same way like the original version .. but i cant change the settings over the webinterface.
not worse ... just wanted to tell. (http://boxip/lcd4linux/config)

Fixed for next build (>715).
Thanks for the heads up.

No.Trace
09-08-13, 11:27
Hallo ...

No Problem ;)

CU No.Trace

No.Trace
11-08-13, 10:54
Hi Rob ...

with the new Version of OpenVIX 3.0.717 the WebInterface from LCD4Linux isn't working at all ...
Just for your information.

CU No.Trace

Rob van der Does
11-08-13, 13:10
Hmmm, works fine here (on all boxes) ....
You cleared the browser cache or tried a different browser?

No.Trace
11-08-13, 13:31
Hi ...

Yes ... tried with Safari and Firefox ... but only get this Screen:

CU No.Trace

Rob van der Does
11-08-13, 14:22
So it does work then? Only the preview window missing (not sure why; showing fine here).

andyblac
11-08-13, 21:37
Hi ...

Yes ... tried with Safari and Firefox ... but only get this Screen:

CU No.Trace

what screen did you expect ?, got a screen shot ?