PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Maxwell
01-08-12, 19:20
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18291&d=1343840281
Brand New VIX Image Vu+ DUO

15/08/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.204
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8205
From VIX Team

GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.1.1
Vu+ Drivers: 28-06-2012

All Users - A full flash is required
You can not use backup restore or online update from 2.4 with this image
In this image the core has been extensively rewritten by Andy in conjunction with the OE Alliance.
You are advised to take a full image backup of your previous image before flashing.

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
Instant record & Zap added to all EPG screens including EPG search. (short & long press record button)
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (28/6/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Downloads
Stable release HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20199-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BDuo/) (Beta's)

Sicilian
15-08-12, 16:38
Please report all feedback here, enjoy :)

bally12345
15-08-12, 17:48
Nice work, all up and running without any issues so far, noticed that picon width in epg cant be resized to 100 so got white edges on either side.

Yido
15-08-12, 18:28
Was this released today?

Going to try it now :)

Cheers

Larry-G
15-08-12, 18:32
Was this released today?

Going to try it now :)

Cheers

Yes today we released the ViX 3.0 series images.

Yido
15-08-12, 19:11
Got it loaded Thank You for all your hard work in putting this together, VIX team images are the best.

EPG looks great :)

bally12345
15-08-12, 19:27
I prefer the epg using non graphic look with the plain flat colours compared to the 3d style bar. Just doesnt quite look right imo

Sicilian
15-08-12, 19:48
I prefer the epg using non graphic look with the plain flat colours compared to the 3d style bar. Just doesnt quite look right imo

Lucky Andyblac caters for all tastes, press EPG > Menu > Set view mode to Text :zoom:

guffer
15-08-12, 20:29
I have a problem i cant connect to ftp the ftp i running in netwok settings i get this error. FTP1: < 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd

judge
15-08-12, 20:36
I have a problem i cant connect to ftp the ftp i running in netwok settings i get this error. FTP1: < 500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
I've never seen this error.
Did you do a settings restore from a previous image?

guffer
15-08-12, 20:42
yes i did can that be the problem

Sicilian
15-08-12, 20:44

What does it say in the 1st post of this thread? ;)

guffer
15-08-12, 20:47
ok my bad i will try again without restore. can i use the channellist i have from dreamboxedit so that i dont have to do a channel search

judge
15-08-12, 20:48

Sorry to laugh. but:

Just do a reflash & you'll be fine.

judge
15-08-12, 20:49
ok my bad i will try again without restore. can i use the channellist i have from dreamboxedit so that i dont have to do a channel search

Yeah, that will work fine.

guffer
15-08-12, 20:51
thank you so much

guffer
15-08-12, 21:16
now i cant get the sound to work both the hdmi and optical. i have picture and ftp but no sound. it is not a problem i have had before.

guffer
15-08-12, 21:27
If i reboot then after 2-3 min after i get a picture the sound comes but if i change channel it disapears and does not come back again.

judge
15-08-12, 21:30
Are you sure you have done a fresh flash with no settings back-ups this time?

guffer
15-08-12, 21:36
yes i am sure the only thing i have done is sendt the files from dreamboxedit to the box. does dreamboxedit save any files that can do any damage

judge
15-08-12, 21:39
Try a fresh set of bouquets available on the settings section of the forums & let us know if they work.

satmanbasil
15-08-12, 22:04
Hi

Nice work by the team working fine on both solo and duo boxes one quick question with regards to CCcam info on channel banner info does not give hops is this possible to tweek so this info shows as well

regards

Stanman
15-08-12, 22:05
Have you tried the SIB OK X2

hanman
15-08-12, 23:40
got this working perfectly on my duo... its a real visual treat.. well done to all those who put such an amazing image together..

quick config question: im missing the CCCam details in the info bar.. i thought they may be in the OSD settings under Customise but nothing seems to show.. where is the setting to get this visible once more?

Stanman
15-08-12, 23:43
Its in the 2nd info bar, press OK X2

baz135
15-08-12, 23:55
Nice job, love the EPG, well done to all involved.

davew1
16-08-12, 10:51
Nice work, all up and running without any issues so far, noticed that picon width in epg cant be resized to 100 so got white edges on either side.

same for me bally.

updated duo and solo, everything up and running fine. however I too have the white bars along side the picons when in epg. hopefully there is some way of changing the width like in the last version.

Anyway, loving the new image from what i've seen so far. keep up the great work fellas.

Cheers, Dave.

andyblac
16-08-12, 11:40
same for me bally.

updated duo and solo, everything up and running fine. however I too have the white bars along side the picons when in epg. hopefully there is some way of changing the width like in the last version.

Anyway, loving the new image from what i've seen so far. keep up the great work fellas.

Cheers, Dave.

can i see a screen grab ?, also what size are your picons ?

davew1
16-08-12, 12:35
Hi Andy. How do i make a screen grab :o
im using BLACK 28.2E by MMCMedia picons if that helps. had the same issue on the vix 2.4 image but there was an option to adjust size by adjusting the service width to 100. as far as i can see there is no service width option in the new image.
cheers, Dave

tomcoleman
16-08-12, 12:42
any screenshots of the default gui etc

garyblas
16-08-12, 13:25
Can someone put some general screenshots on , so i can decide whether to upgrade to new image.
Preferably EPG, Channel select etc.

Thanks

Trial
16-08-12, 13:29
Hi,

Hi Andy. How do i make a screen grab :o
connect your PC with the web interface of the box and there you will have the option to make a screen shot.

ciao

garyblas
16-08-12, 13:42
Can someone tell me per note below for this new image.
If you cannot restore image what is the point of doing a full image backup.. and how do i do this?

In this image the core has been extensively rewritten by Andy in conjunction with the OE Alliance.
You are advised to take a full image backup of your previous image before flashing.

Larry-G
16-08-12, 13:54
Can someone tell me per note below for this new image.
If you cannot restore image what is the point of doing a full image backup.. and how do i do this?

you can still create a full image backup using the image manager and if needed reflash this to restore your current setup. you can not however create a settings backup from the backup manager then use that backup to restore settings and plugins to the 3.0 image from a erlier image.

to create a full image backup.

blue button> ViX> image manager.

davew1
16-08-12, 13:56

white bars at side of picons

garyblas
16-08-12, 16:25
Any other images i.e channel select and normal viewing info bar?

Stanman
16-08-12, 16:27
Mate rather than imposing on other peoples generosity of spirit, how about you install and try the image, radical thought but might just be the solution to your dilemma

bally12345
16-08-12, 16:33
can i see a screen grab ?, also what size are your picons ?

picon size = 100x60

In ViX 2.4 you could set the "Service Title Width" (thats what I think it was called) from 180 to 100 I have always changed the default view from 8 to 6 to make sure the picons display correctly.

bally12345
16-08-12, 18:46
Every so often I keep getting "Timeshift not possible" error

Rob van der Does
16-08-12, 18:56
Every so often I keep getting "Timeshift not possible" error
Please tell us you Timeshift settings, and post a debuglog.

uksparx
16-08-12, 18:57
I have a strange problem with my usb memory stick.

Its mounted as media/usb.

But when i attempt to create a swap file it only has the option off my hardrive.

I can set up the epg to save to the usb.

But I can not install picons to the usb.

garyblas
16-08-12, 19:47
So as i understand it if i reflash with version 3.0 and then wish to return to my current vix 2.4 image i can reflash image with i guess vix 2.4 then hit image restore, and all my setting etc will be back?

you can still create a full image backup using the image manager and if needed reflash this to restore your current setup. you can not however create a settings backup from the backup manager then use that backup to restore settings and plugins to the 3.0 image from a erlier image.

to create a full image backup.

blue button> ViX> image manager.

bally12345
16-08-12, 20:10
Please tell us you Timeshift settings, and post a debuglog.

See attached

Rob van der Does
16-08-12, 20:26
See attached
Hmmm, I can't see any problem in the log. Was there an error popup during the period this log was made?

bally12345
16-08-12, 20:27
No, I think it happens after the same channel is on for a certain period perhaps maxing out after 180mins? When it happens again I will post another log.

fintannl
16-08-12, 20:33
i notice that oscam mips tuxbox downloads now contain oe1.6 and oe2.0 versions. to date i have used the oe1.6 version on vix. can someone confirm if (which one of) the oe1.6/oe2.0 version will work on the new oe3.0 version of vix

garryboy
16-08-12, 20:33
Got a strange problem with channel selection up and down buttons.

I have mr mr boquet installed and the channel numbers correspond to sky numbers. As exactly as I had on 2.4.

Now when I go to my sports channels from 301 and press up channel button I get to Man utd tv (306) then it jumps to a radio channel and won't change to the next sports channels listed in my bouquet.

It stays in a little loop of 3 radio channels. I have to go into EPG and select the next sports channel on the list to get out of the loop.

Never had this on 2.4

Larry-G
16-08-12, 20:57
So as i understand it if i reflash with version 3.0 and then wish to return to my current vix 2.4 image i can reflash image with i guess vix 2.4 then hit image restore, and all my setting etc will be back?

not quite.

the image backup procedure creates a full image backup of the system as it is now. you copy this backup to a USB stick and flash it exactly as you would any other image.

garyblas
16-08-12, 21:10
not quite.

the image backup procedure creates a full image backup of the system as it is now. you copy this backup to a USB stick and flash it exactly as you would any other image.

I see - could i ftp the file to my PC, if so where it stored?
Does the full image back up my ccam etc?

Larry-G
16-08-12, 21:15
the default location is media/hdd although you can change this by pressing the menu button while in the image manager, for example i save mine directly to a USB stick for easy access.

johnnyyen
16-08-12, 21:26
cannot ftp ts panel it wont work

Larry-G
16-08-12, 21:28
cannot ftp ts panel it wont work

TS panel is not now nor has it ever been recommended or supported by the ViX image. if you want it to work on the ViX image speak to its author and ask him to fix it.

johnnyyen
16-08-12, 22:34
Thanks I will ask tomorrow he only lives 3 doors down ppffft

pooface
16-08-12, 22:46
No, I think it happens after the same channel is on for a certain period perhaps maxing out after 180mins? When it happens again I will post another log.

What size USB stick are you using? My guess would be quite a small stick, or a stick that is quite full already with stuff on. As, to my, it's sounding like it has probably gotten full, and so cannot record any more of the time shift. As per my guess, I assume (probably incorrectly and since I'm on the iPad at the mo, I can't check your log), that you are using an 8gb stick. If time shifting an HD channel, this could be > 10gb in just 2 hours. So, even on a 16gb stick, after 180 minutes, you could be to the limit of your stick for time shift, especially if some of your USB is used already with image backups etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pooface
16-08-12, 22:48
i notice that oscam mips tuxbox downloads now contain oe1.6 and oe2.0 versions. to date i have used the oe1.6 version on vix. can someone confirm if (which one of) the oe1.6/oe2.0 version will work on the new oe3.0 version of vix

can't r3member which i used 100% off top of head, but pretty sure it was the oe 2 file. Best thing to do is try it. After ftping it over, execute it in telnet. If wrong version, you will get an error when you try to execute..

fintannl
17-08-12, 00:20
ok, did a backup of settings in case of issues and updated to new system. looks very nice. one issue i have is when i download picons i get the option of internal flash or hard disk. why does my usb not show up as an option. it does show up when i configure crossepg which is fine. i selected internal flash which i'm not happy with. can someone tell me if i can remove this file from internal flash and manually move it to /media/usb.

fintannl
17-08-12, 00:50
indeed the same is true with setting up a swap file. in this case it points to the hard drive and doesn't give me the choice of selecting usb

Rob van der Does
17-08-12, 05:12
ok, did a backup of settings in case of issues and updated to new system. looks very nice. one issue i have is when i download picons i get the option of internal flash or hard disk. why does my usb not show up as an option. it does show up when i configure crossepg which is fine. i selected internal flash which i'm not happy with. can someone tell me if i can remove this file from internal flash and manually move it to /media/usb.

indeed the same is true with setting up a swap file. in this case it points to the hard drive and doesn't give me the choice of selecting usb

The locations for both Picons and SWAP can only be selected from Ext2/3/4 formatted media. So you could let your USB-stick be formatted by your box; it will than be Ext4.

BTW: Internal flash is the perfect location for picons; I use that on all my boxes for years.
It's the fastest possible storage-location, and you have plenty of it).

fintannl
17-08-12, 10:05
why is it then that with crossepg you are advised to use external media to store rather than internal flash. its good to know that by formatting via the new system will allow the usb to be seen. i'm happy to leave picons in internal flash. i assume that the swap manager will see the usb if i format it. once again very nice work. no problems showing so far

Larry-G
17-08-12, 10:10
why is it then that with crossepg you are advised to use external media to store rather than internal flash. its good to know that by formatting via the new system will allow the usb to be seen. i'm happy to leave picons in internal flash. i assume that the swap manager will see the usb if i format it. once again very nice work. no problems showing so far

because EPG and PICONS are very different things and behave differently also crossepg can very easily overwhelm the flash, which then results in the user having to re-flashed the receiver to correct. as a rule either store your epg on a HDD or USB and the picons on the internal flash or USB.

bally12345
17-08-12, 10:36
What size USB stick are you using? My guess would be quite a small stick, or a stick that is quite full already with stuff on. As, to my, it's sounding like it has probably gotten full, and so cannot record any more of the time shift. As per my guess, I assume (probably incorrectly and since I'm on the iPad at the mo, I can't check your log), that you are using an 8gb stick. If time shifting an HD channel, this could be > 10gb in just 2 hours. So, even on a 16gb stick, after 180 minutes, you could be to the limit of your stick for time shift, especially if some of your USB is used already with image backups etc.

Think your right, I am using a 8gb usb which is currently around half full but never had this problem with 2.3 or 2.4 and I have always used PTS

baz135
17-08-12, 19:13
Hi I hope this is the correct thread, since upgrading to V3.0, I am having a problem with all none HD channels. The Vix boot-logo screen appears in the background and is causing the picture to judder. Picture on all the HD channels are OK. Any ideas on how to fix this, is appreciated, cheers.

danivtec
17-08-12, 20:39
I've never seen this error.
Did you do a settings restore from a previous image?

I got this by doing a restore settings.

Reflash and setup as new solved the problem

danivtec
17-08-12, 20:41
Got a strange problem with channel selection up and down buttons.

I have mr mr boquet installed and the channel numbers correspond to sky numbers. As exactly as I had on 2.4.

Now when I go to my sports channels from 301 and press up channel button I get to Man utd tv (306) then it jumps to a radio channel and won't change to the next sports channels listed in my bouquet.

It stays in a little loop of 3 radio channels. I have to go into EPG and select the next sports channel on the list to get out of the loop.

Never had this on 2.4

Got this aswell.

Tried reflashing and setting up as new but no success.

Garryboy, have you managed to solve it?

fintannl
17-08-12, 21:03
Hi I hope this is the correct thread, since upgrading to V3.0, I am having a problem with all none HD channels. The Vix boot-logo screen appears in the background and is causing the picture to judder. Picture on all the HD channels are OK. Any ideas on how to fix this, is appreciated, cheers.

this looks like a satellite positional issue. i just switched to the new vix image and have found the exact opposite. i have a fixed dish that works all the time. however my motorized setup could never pick up sd channels on 28.2. granted i've had high winds in the area recently so maybe it pushed the dish that little bit that was needed. its a very strange problem if your sat dish is fixed. always find when hd channels are good and sd channels rubbish then just rotate the lnb in the dish coupling and it helps

fintannl
17-08-12, 21:16
has any of our oscam users had a problem with oscaminfo within the vix image where when selecting client view five times out of 10 the system will reboot. its got to the point where i only view oscaminfo via the webif. i did try it once on this new vix image and it worked fine but i'm totally paranoid about using this function as it is the only function that reboots my box. it has done so through every version of vix to date

baz135
17-08-12, 21:21
Thanks for that fintannl but I don't think the dish is the problem my other box is running on 2.4 and is OK. what I can't understand is, the bootlogo bleed through which only appears on the sd channels.

I am in Spain at the moment,we have not had any high winds only very high temperatures 40c plus, could it be the heat causing the problem.

fintannl
17-08-12, 21:37
well if you are on latest version of vix if you press ok twice (now i do not like this on the new vix night skin as all this information was available when you pressed the ok button once in times past) you get the 'snr' strength on your sd channels. please specify the snr value for your sd channel and the snr value for your hd channel

fintannl
17-08-12, 22:27
must say this is the quietest discussion of a vix release which would probably indicate that
1/ folks know how to configure vix finally
2/ system seems to work very well
2/ it looks damm good
well done folks

baz135
17-08-12, 23:05
Thanks for that fintannl but I don't think the dish is the problem my other box is running on 2.4 and is OK. what I can't understand is, the bootlogo bleed through which only appears on the sd channels.

Managed to sort it. I diid a factory reset & reloaded bouquets. When I upgraded I was using a different TV, scart only, somehow a file must have been corrupted so when I re-connected my box to a HD TV the problem appeared. I did the reset and reload when connected to HD TV.

Hope this may help others with simalar problem.

garryboy
17-08-12, 23:13
Got this aswell.

Tried reflashing and setting up as new but no success.

Garryboy, have you managed to solve it?

Not yet. I've started my own thread and another member has the same problem

mickbrush
18-08-12, 01:28
I am also getting the white lines at the sides of the picons in epg am i using the wrong picons ?

bally12345
18-08-12, 09:52
I am also getting the white lines at the sides of the picons in epg am i using the wrong picons ?

Your not using the wrong picons its looks like a small bug which will more than likely be fixed via online updates, im sure auto resize was introduced earlier this may have been removed as im 100% "service title width" option is no longer there.

garyblas
18-08-12, 11:53
TS panel is not now nor has it ever been recommended or supported by the ViX image. if you want it to work on the ViX image speak to its author and ask him to fix it.

TS Panel certainly did use to work, had it working perfect on Vix 2.4 latest update till yesterday when switched to this new vix 3.0. Im sure TS will fix this soon.

Larry-G
18-08-12, 12:01
TS Panel certainly did use to work, had it working perfect on Vix 2.4 latest update till yesterday when switched to this new vix 3.0. Im sure TS will fix this soon.

I never said it did not work. i said it was NOT SUPPORTED BY, NOR RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH THE ViX TEAM IMAGES. if your going to correct some one you really need to read the post they make and quote them correctly.

bassethound
18-08-12, 12:37
its not a vix specific problem its that TSpanel is not yet compatible with OE3

Larry-G
18-08-12, 12:51
its not a vix specific problem its that TSpanel is not yet compatible with OE3

correct, TS panel is as yet not compatible with the OE-ALLIANCE project, so none of the OE teams images at present can run the TS panel.

philrum
19-08-12, 00:00
Hi
I just recieved my new VU+ Duo on 15/8/12, working great now, but came with 2.4 installed, dont understand why the new oe 3.0 was not pre installed instead.

basilyoung
19-08-12, 00:06
because the new image was not released at time of sale

where did you buy it from?

philrum
19-08-12, 00:30
Bought from WOS, must have been ready prior to shipping, unless old stock.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 05:43
Hi
I just recieved my new VU+ Duo on 15/8/12, working great now, but came with 2.4 installed, dont understand why the new oe 3.0 was not pre installed instead.

The official ViX 3.0 image was launched on the 15-08-2012 if you received the receiver on this day there would have been no way the sponsor could flash that version image to the receiver in time for you to receive it unless he kept it back and shipped it at a later date.

the only way you could have received the ViX 3,0 image on the new receiver would have been if

1. The sponsor shipped it with a BETA pre release image on it
or
2. The sponsor decided to hold off for a day or two and wait until we launched ViX 3.0 then shipped the box to you.

at the time you purchased the receiver ViX 3.0 was still classed as a BETA release which is why it was not flashed to the receiver prior to shipping it to you, if you want help re-flashing to the new image we will gladly assist you.

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 05:59
LoL, sponsor always prepares the box directly before sending; part of that is flashing the desired image.

marty
19-08-12, 08:46
Is mytube working for anyone?

Crashes for me, VIX3.0 with VIX night HD skin

Larry-G
19-08-12, 09:13
Is mytube working for anyone?

Crashes for me, VIX3.0 with VIX night HD skin

as far as i am aware and please forgive me of i am incorrect.
I believe that MyTube was removed from the pli feeds due to license restrictions imposed by it's author. also for it to work on ViX 3.0 we would need access to the source code which if not possible ( due to these license restrictions ) would mean there will be no way to adapt the plugin for the OE-ALLIANCE images including ViX 3.0

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 10:36
Correct Pheonix: MyTube is on the blacklist, and nothing we can do against it.
There is a NewTube on the feeds, but I didn't manage to get it working.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 10:41
Correct Pheonix: MyTube is on the blacklist, and nothing we can do against it.
There is a NewTube on the feeds, but I didn't manage to get it working.

Thanks for confirming my assumptions rob.

marty
19-08-12, 11:09
Why is it in the list of downloadable plugings if it doesn't work?

Larry-G
19-08-12, 11:12

It should not be if rob has added it to the blacklist.

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 11:24
Because I'm only spending 20 hours a day to try to test plugins and images and keeping lists actual; will have to increase that to 24/7 :(

garyblas
19-08-12, 11:30
Upgraded to new 3.0 version. All working okay.

My question it says in write up that the openwebif is new. When i type in my ip address it still looks the same.. Am i doing something wrong or is it the same?

edogg
19-08-12, 13:12
the graphical epg still has the same bug as the 2.4 images ie the highlight advances too soon this wa taken when the x factor on itv central was still 12 mins away from stating and yet when i selected ITV from BBC2 this is where the highlight cursor moved to it happens on all channels on itv3 hd it moved over from a program that did not end until 14:00 to a program that started at 14:00 the actuall time was 13:11

edogg

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 13:15
the graphical epg still has the same bug as the 2.4 images ie the highlight advances too soon
This is not a bug; it's just the way the EPG works.
And I can tell you that a lot of time has been spent to try to change that.

alian
19-08-12, 13:25
After upgrading BootLoader to cfe 3.0 & flash with this image my box not started.
It stuck in start and red LED with "Starting" .
I think that kenel 3.1.1 or cfe 3.0 have errors or bugs.

edogg
19-08-12, 13:37
This is not a bug; it's just the way the EPG works.
And I can tell you that a lot of time has been spent to try to change that.

It does not act like this in any other image before the 2.4 versions I would like to go back to this previous version of the epg is this possible

edogg
19-08-12, 13:38
After upgrading BootLoader to cfe 3.0 & flash with this image my box not started.

reflash again i had simular problems and after several reflashes it started and runs ok

Larry-G
19-08-12, 13:44
It does not act like this in any other image before the 2.4 versions I would like to go back to this previous version of the epg is this possible

your only recourse then is to use a older image.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 13:46

providing your receiver is genuine ie not a clone it will have no problems running the 3.1.1 kernel or 3.0 bootloader.

just flash the bootloader again followed by the image.

Bluto141
19-08-12, 13:53
Surely the the box was posted on the 14th, day before "official release", the flash was ready to go so therfore could have been installed, it would have been a nice gesture

The update would have been finished so no need to use beta version at all. just my opinion as WOS has access to all the software.

judge
19-08-12, 13:57
The day before the "official release", it was still in beta.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 14:10
The OpenViX 3.0 image launched on the 15th, all images before this date were officially beta releases of which the sponsor was not authorized to flash to receivers shipping to his customers. once the image was launched he was free to use it as he saw fit.

edogg
19-08-12, 14:13
your only recourse then is to use a older image.

So if I don't like something that does not function correctly in a new image I have to stick to an older image, because the epg cannot work properly in the newer image I must not update to the latest image, surely the epg could be the same as the older ones and not the newer ones that don't stay at the correct time the problem is because the new epg has a user base time modification ability to correct the time when as long as the epg advances the time as in the older epgs the user does not need to adjust the base time

Larry-G
19-08-12, 14:16
So if I don't like something that does not function correctly in a new image I have to stick to an older image, because the epg cannot work properly in the newer image I must not update to the latest image

your saying you want the old epg in the image which is not going to happen, so if you want the old epg you will have to use a old image.

edogg
19-08-12, 14:20
what is so great about the new epg that it is fixed in stone and must stick with it or not update an image

edogg
19-08-12, 15:13
from wikipedia A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 15:26
from wikipedia A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways. Most bugs arise from mistakes and errors made by people in either a program's source code
Sounds 100% correct to me!

philrum
19-08-12, 16:06
All that WOS needed to do as part of Customer service ! was to give me the choice, i,e an email, to ship with 2.4 or wait a few days and flash with new version. But hey, will know next time.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 16:11
All that WOS needed to do as part of Customer service ! was to give me the choice, i,e an email, to ship with 2.4 or wait a few days and flash with new version. But hey, will know next time.

WoS is the forum sponsor he does not own the ViX image, nor is he involved in when we decide to release a image from BETA status. even if you asked him to wait a few days for the release of the new image he would not have been able to as he was not privy to that information prior to the release.

we decide the release dates upon our testing and findings, we then pass that finished image to the relevant parties including the forum sponsor.

up until a hour before the release all WoS had were beta images so that he could test them on his hardware, he did not know when the release was planned for nor did he even have the release image until the 15th at which point we informed him that he could start to flash his customers receivers with ViX 3.0.

Sicilian
19-08-12, 16:19

The forum sponsor has no idea of release dates. In actual fact none of us have an idea on a exact release date, we release when we feel its ready :)

DrProzac
19-08-12, 16:29
I don't understand people...

All that time moaning about what image the sponsor put on or didn't put on you could have flashed the box with any of the images by now.....

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 16:44

All that time moaning about what image the sponsor put on or didn't put on you could have flashed the box with any of the images by now.....
You just beat me with that answer :thumbsup:

Maybe yuo can offer them a Prozac or so :cool:

philrum
19-08-12, 16:50
Not a moan but a point of view, but I take it these are not allowed on this forum, Yes and by the way I have flashed by NOW. If the reply isn't useful, why bother posting a reply.

pooface
19-08-12, 17:05

And just because it doesn't work in the way you want it to, we have to adhere to your requirements. So, if Microsoft have a "feature" that you dont want in their software, do you complain to them, and they do what you want as soon as you ask? Such as the Microsoft minute which takes abut twice as long as they say it will...

Bluto141
19-08-12, 17:08

This all looks like staff and long time users ganging up on someone who held his hands up said he was a no9ob and had no idea, so to the point "moaning" and "could have flashed the box", yes all this is well and good, but for someone who has said he only took delivery of the item a couple of days ago, come on nd sit back, the sponsor is well able to respond for himself, and to be honest, I thought he was one of the ADMN on here. if not then sorry, but perhaps he could take moment to reply himself and that would end the need for all the "back up posters"

At the end of the day we are all here to help and learn, not score silly points over each other, no such thing as a silly question as once a question is asked you know the answer.
can we all draw aline under this as it does seam the question was asked to one person.

Here endith the lesson for today lol.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 17:31
This all looks like staff and long time users ganging up on someone who held his hands up said he was a no9ob and had no idea, so to the point "moaning" and "could have flashed the box", yes all this is well and good, but for someone who has said he only took delivery of the item a couple of days ago, come on nd sit back, the sponsor is well able to respond for himself, and to be honest, I thought he was one of the ADMN on here. if not then sorry, but perhaps he could take moment to reply himself and that would end the need for all the "back up posters"

At the end of the day we are all here to help and learn, not score silly points over each other, no such thing as a silly question as once a question is asked you know the answer.
can we all draw aline under this as it does seam the question was asked to one person.

no the sponsor is not a member of staff.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
19-08-12, 17:42

We've been notified regards the last few posts.

For the recored if the Team themselves have no idea of image release dates how are we exepected to know? Please keep in mind that the image flashing service is just a free option to help our customers at time of order. We actually had a few units flashed with 2.4, when 3.0 was released we ended up unpacking them and re-flashing. If we had the option we would have flashed with 3.0, but we do not flash beta's.

edogg
19-08-12, 18:16
Rob said it is not a bug it is the way the epg works and x amount of time has been spent trying to fix it this sounds very much like the definition of a bug to me or why has time been spent on it if it supposed jump 44 minutes when i scroll down through the channels from bbc 1 to itv 3 it would make more sense for a small number of programmers to put the old epg in the new image because unlike microsoft OE and VIX donot have the time or staff to spend on debugging something that worked in previous versions
The first post asks for bugs and opinions yet all we get is condescension and this is not a bug it is the way it works

matt.lucas
19-08-12, 18:17
Just upgraded to v3, looks great. Only thing I can't find is to play films stored on my network drive on the duo+. I can browse network and mount OK, but this doesn't become an option in locations. Any ideas?

thanks in advance...

Maxwell
19-08-12, 18:20
have you installed nfs and samba in network settings

pooface
19-08-12, 20:50
Rob said it is not a bug it is the way the epg works and x amount of time has been spent trying to fix it this sounds very much like the definition of a bug to me or why has time been spent on it if it supposed jump 44 minutes when i scroll down through the channels from bbc 1 to itv 3 it would make more sense for a small number of programmers to put the old epg in the new image because unlike microsoft OE and VIX donot have the time or staff to spend on debugging something that worked in previous versions
The first post asks for bugs and opinions yet all we get is condescension and this is not a bug it is the way it works

As you say, we are not like Microsoft. So, we do not have the time to spend giving lots of time to solving one little bug. It is something that we have been notified of, and the answer has come back that we haven't found a solution. So, it will be left at that likely until another solution may come to Andy. Unlike most of image makers, we rely upon Andy to come up with the solutions to the coding. So, if Andy was to spend all his time trying to just resolve this one problem, then there would likely be no more coding taking place until its done, and if that were to take him a month to resolve, how many people would be complaining of no updates, or no new implementations in the image

paul083
19-08-12, 21:21
1st time when i use vix team images, what's the default pass. for ftp using user root?
thanks.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 21:22
1st time when i use vix team images, what's the default pass. for ftp using user root?
thanks.

there is no default password as we dont set one we leave it blank.

judge
19-08-12, 21:24
thanks.

Blank password.

bazzar1206
19-08-12, 22:43
As the previous backup settings are not compatible, is there a way to backup just the Autotimers/Timers from 2.4 and restore them to 3.0? I don't mind setting the box up from scratch, but the timers would just take too long as there are quite a few!

Larry-G
19-08-12, 22:50
As the previous backup settings are not compatible, is there a way to backup just the Autotimers/Timers from 2.4 and restore them to 3.0? I don't mind setting the box up from scratch, but the timers would just take too long as there are quite a few!

yes using FTP navigate to /etc/enigma2 and copy the files named autotimer.xml and timers.xml to your pc. once the new image is setup FTP them back to the same folder on the new image then perform a GUI / Enigma2 restart.

cosie
19-08-12, 22:51
Vix 3 is deadly.......end of:)

bazzar1206
19-08-12, 22:52
yes using FTP navigate to /etc/enigma2 and copy the files named autotimer.xml and timers.xml to your pc. once the new image is setup FTP them back to the same folder on the new image then perform a GUI / Enigma2 restart.

Thanks Pheonix

Larry-G
19-08-12, 22:58
Thanks Pheonix

dont mention it, thats what we are here for.

rte
20-08-12, 06:48
New ViX Team VU+ Duo OE3.0 is really excellent. Thank you for the good job!

alian
20-08-12, 06:52
providing your receiver is genuine ie not a clone it will have no problems running the 3.1.1 kernel or 3.0 bootloader.

just flash the bootloader again followed by the image.

My box is genuine made in Korea not clone.
For reflashing not accept USB (not detect).
Is it a H/W problem ?

Trial
20-08-12, 07:27
Hi,
mostly a problem of USB stick. Formatted in FAT32? Tried another stick? Correct directory structure?

ciao

Larry-G
20-08-12, 12:50
My box is genuine made in Korea not clone.
For reflashing not accept USB (not detect).
Is it a H/W problem ?

Try a few different USB sticks as these receivers can be a little picky when it comes to flashing. Although every stick I have ever tried has worked fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

pajillas
20-08-12, 12:56
the plugin ddamir subtitle does not work. Any idea to work well. thanks

bassethound
20-08-12, 12:58
a lot of plugins dont currently work OE3.0

Rob van der Does
20-08-12, 13:04
the plugin ddamir subtitle does not work. Any idea to work well. thanks

a lot of plugins dont currently work OE3.0
And that especially applies to plugins, that are closed source; nothing we can do about that.
The only solution is to ask the author of a plugin to make it OE3.0 compatible (or to release the source-files).

Trial
20-08-12, 13:10
Hi Rob,
plugins should be compatible to OE 2.x or Open-ViX/-PLi 3.x.

ciao

Larry-G
20-08-12, 13:21
Hi Rob,

ciao

as said though either the plugins author would have to update their plugin to work with ViX 3.0 / OE-ALLIANCE or release the source files so that we can do it. If the author is unwilling to do either there is nothing we can do about it.

Rob van der Does
20-08-12, 14:24
Being compatible with OE 2.x isn't enough, as Open-ViX/-PLi 3.x. uses a newer Python. If a plugin has the source code, the compiling will be done by the box, and most of the times the plugin will than work fine.

Rob van der Does
20-08-12, 22:09
Being compatible with OE 2.x isn't enough, as Open-ViX/-PLi 3.x. uses a newer Python. If a plugin has the source code, the compiling will be done by the box, and most of the times the plugin will than work fine.
I've just been informed that my statement is not correct. As Trial said: plugins being OE 2.x compatible should also work in ViX/PLi 3.0

E2Royal
20-08-12, 22:48
Just installed V3.0 and all seems to work well, many thanks. However, I may have a problem?
Just moved house and my Usals dish cannot see 28.2East due to a tree so I have a fixed dish for that satellite.
Tuner settings are Expert for the Usals dish with 28.2E set to unavailable and Simple for the fixed dish set to 28.2E
With V3.0 it seems one tuner is dedicated to the Usals dish and the other to the Simple dish. When a channel records from say the Usals dish then all other channels are greyed out but the Simple dish has all channels available to record??!!

I did not have this problem with the previous version 2.4.213 any two channels from either Usals or Simple could be recorded.

Any ideas?

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 06:29
Please state your exact tunerconfig.

msb
21-08-12, 07:07
I just have a question?
I am still running VIX v2.2 , can someone tell me why should I upgrade to newer version like VIX v2.3 ,2.4 or this new version v3.0? What am I missing from not upgrading?

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 07:13
I just have a question?
I am still running VIX v2.2 , can someone tell me why should I upgrade to newer version like VIX v2.3 ,2.4 or this new version v3.0? What am I missing from not upgrading?
You'll miss all kinds of upgrades and compatibility issues. And we can't give any support on old versions (as the support is a new build).
Question is the same as would be what Windows 7 offers more than Windows XP.
Difficult to answer, but if you're happy: please stay happy :)

garyblas
21-08-12, 13:33
Anyone else experiencing problems with crossepg with this new version 3.0?

So far in the last week my duo+ has at least 4 times lost the epg info, then when i press to go into the channel from the epg it locks up with the Vix symbol spinning. Only way to stop is to turn off box and then restart. I then have to reload crossepg via blue button?
No crash log recorded.
Im running the Magic HD night skin

psionguy
21-08-12, 14:13
A great image and upgrade went without any issues, many thanks to all involved. I have a small issue which I have not been able to resolve. I have not been able to send my settings via Dreamset, I can read without any problem but when I send it gives an error. I have got round the problem by downloading directly, but do miss my customised settings.

msb
21-08-12, 14:31
I am happy to say that I have installed new version of VIX 3.0 from v2.2 and everything works fine but noticed that the setup menu and the chanells list are been shift little to the left ( you cannot see the first 2 characters). I would appreciate any tip what to do to fix it.

judge
21-08-12, 14:52
If you can, turn overscan off on your TV.
Other than that, go to Menu - Setup - System - OSD - OSD Position Setup & fix it there.

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 15:15
I have not been able to send my settings via Dreamset, I can read without any problem but when I send it gives an error.
Can you log in and FTP and telnet to the box?

uksparx
21-08-12, 16:35
First off all this is a great image .

Wish you would make this for the dm800se.

I'm having troubles with my USB card reader smargo do I need to install any drivers for it?

This is the config that is in my .cfg file. This worked for the previous image.

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0

Is there any thing I'm missing .

psionguy
21-08-12, 16:52
Can you log in and FTP and telnet to the box?

I can connect to dreamset and read my settings, the problem is only when I try to send it back. FTP is OK as I have updated my cfg file without issue. Have gone back to the previous image all OK there, so very strange.

Larry-G
21-08-12, 16:55
First off all this is a great image .

Wish you would make this for the dm800se.

The only thing stopping us is the lack of suitable test machines and due to their retail values there is no way we could afford to buy several of each model for testing a image on. so without DMM stepping up to provide test machines there will likely be no ViX images produced or released.

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 16:57
No problem conecting, I can logon and download my settings, but if I try to send them back I get an error. Have tried it on 2 computers same problem. Have gone back to the previous image all OK, so very strange.
And you can FTP a file to the root of your box?

psionguy
21-08-12, 17:14

FTP my CFG file without issue, no problem there.

Larry-G
21-08-12, 17:20
FTP my CFG file without issue, no problem there.

What rob is asking in a roundabout way is did you restore a settings backup to ViX 3.0 which was made from a earlier image version ?.

psionguy
21-08-12, 17:53
What rob is asking in a roundabout way is did you restore a settings backup to ViX 3.0 which was made from a earlier image version ?.

I think Rob is with me on this problem, he is trying to find out if I can connect to my box with the new image via FTP, which I can. This was a fresh install and no backups were used.

Larry-G
21-08-12, 18:00
I think Rob is with me on this problem, he is trying to find out if I can connect to my box with the new image via FTP, which I can. This was a fresh install and no backups were used.

The reason were asking about FTP problems is that users who have ignored the advice in the release posts to not restore backups are now finding their FTP protocol broken as a result. now we know your's is not that problem we can rule that out.

specialized
21-08-12, 19:33

just flashed mine and i get the same error in flashXP =
500 OOPS: cannot locate user entry:vsftpd
500 OOPS: child died
connection failed

anyone help please

judge
21-08-12, 19:59
connection failed

anyone help please

Did you read the release notes in the first post of this thread?
The bit in big letters?

Larry-G
21-08-12, 20:00
connection failed

anyone help please

Thats because you like many others ignored the warnings we placed in the release post saying DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS FROM A EARLIER IMAGE. as a result you have broken the FTP protocol on your receiver and the only fix is to reflash the receiver again but this time do not restore from a backup.

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 20:24
Thats because you like many others ignored the warnings we placed in the release post saying DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS FROM A EARLIER IMAGE. as a result you have broken the FTP protocol on your receiver and the only fix is to reflash the receiver again but this time do not restore from a backup.
Or do it again to prove it's indeed because of a restore :rolleyes:

garyblas
21-08-12, 20:34
Aahhhhhh......... Another lock up.
Im sorry guys but this version is definately not stable.
I think ill go back to previous version where all worked perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing problems with crossepg with this new version 3.0?

So far in the last week my duo+ has at least 4 times lost the epg info, then when i press to go into the channel from the epg it locks up with the Vix symbol spinning. Only way to stop is to turn off box and then restart. I then have to reload crossepg via blue button?
No crash log recorded.
Im running the Magic HD night skin

judge
21-08-12, 20:38

No issues whatsoever here. What EPG sources are you using?

Rob van der Does
21-08-12, 20:38
A real pity you react that way: debuglogs might have helped solving any problem.

And about stability: 3.0 is rock-stable. During the hundreds of test-hours none of us experienced any problem in that area.
Have you considered the possibility of a faulty set-up?

Having said that: of course there will be bugs, that applies to all software. But if those who experience any problem only inform us about reverting to another image, they will never be solved :amen:

garyblas
21-08-12, 20:42
Using crossepg and opentv.

Never had problem on vix 2.4

No issues whatsoever here. What EPG sources are you using?

Stanman
21-08-12, 20:44
I have that exact same set up here on three boxes and never had an issue with downloads.

How old is your bouquet list?

judge
21-08-12, 20:46
Using crossepg and opentv.

Never had problem on vix 2.4

Which sources are you using in opentv?

garyblas
21-08-12, 20:46
A real pity you react that way: debuglogs might have helped solving any problem.

And about stability: 3.0 is rock-stable. During the hundreds of test-hours none of us experienced any problem in that area.
Have you considered the possibility of a faulty set-up?

Having said that: of course there will be bugs, that applies to all software. But if those who experience any problem only inform us about reverting to another image, they will never be solved :amen:

I know your defending the product... but all im saying is what im seeing. If its a setup issue great but im running exactly as vix 2,4 that did not have a problem. Any help appreciated

garyblas
21-08-12, 20:47
Using Mr mister latest

garyblas
21-08-12, 20:48
Which sources are you using in opentv?

I just select opentv providers : Sky UK on 28.2

Strange when i now download opentv it gets stuck at reading titles 195KB

Stanman
21-08-12, 20:49
No body is defending the image, we are only stating our experience and no doubt other uses can confirm theirs.

Can you post up all your settings for the EPG, ideally screen shots plz

judge
21-08-12, 20:54
I just select opentv providers : Sky UK on 28.2

Strange when i now download opentv it gets stuck at reading titles 195KB

Have you an original box? i.e. not a clone?
Where is it saving the EPG to, USB or HDD?

vu-duo-user
21-08-12, 20:54
Some people are getting quite heated that this and that doen't work with this image they forget that the image is free. Given by the good work of a few who must feel that there must be something else they can do in their free time. I for one wish the team all the best and may they continue. Thanks. :D

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:00

Im not having a go at anybody. just pure frustration, if anyone can help thats great

No body is defending the image, we are only stating our experience and no doubt other uses can confirm theirs.

Can you post up all your settings for the EPG, ideally screen shots plz

Stanman
21-08-12, 21:04
I tend to disable everything after EIT in the 2nd screen shot.

Also what sources foe opentv have you selected?

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:09
will try this. Im using Sky UK opentv on 28.2.

Any other suggestions?

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:13
Still locks up at reading titles 195KB

I tend to disable everything after EIT in the 2nd screen shot.

Also what sources foe opentv have you selected?

Mr. Mister
21-08-12, 21:19
Hi Gary..

Im sure your fed up flashing you box over and over again..

I would try a fresh download of the image onto your pc..

Just incase your 1st download has some how become corrupt..

Worth a try.. If you have not already tried..

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:21
Well problem definately appears to be with my crossepg download.

Any clues?18821

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:23
Hi Gary..

Im sure your fed up flashing you box over and over again..

I would try a fresh download of the image onto your pc..

Just incase your 1st download has some how become corrupt..

Worth a try.. If you have not already tried..

Could it be the bouquet problem? I did modify yours by taking out the Olympics but it ran ok on Previous Vix image

judge
21-08-12, 21:24
Have you an original box? i.e. not a clone?
Where is it saving the EPG to, USB or HDD?

OK, can see that you are saving to HDD in the screenies, have you any other issues with the HDD?
Also, you never answered if you are using a clone or original DUO?

Can you try with a swap file enabled? Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Swap Manager and let us know the results.

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:26
No other issues.. and its not a clone bought from WOS. Dont know what to do with swap.. can you advise..

When i press swap manager i get the following18822

What is swap?

OK, can see that you are saving to HDD in the screenies, have you any other issues with the HDD?
Also, you never answered if you are using a clone or original DUO?

Can you try with a swap file enabled? Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Swap Manager and let us know the results.

Stanman
21-08-12, 21:26
Delete the current EPG and than do a service scan and try downloading again.

IIRC it gets the data directly from the sat so could be an issue with the channel

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:32
Last note repeated sorry

No other issues.. and its not a clone bought from WOS. Dont know what to do with swap.. can you advise..

When i press swap manager i get the following18822

What is swap?

judge
21-08-12, 21:33
Well, if you got it from WOS the box is legit.
While in the Swap Manager screen, press green to create a swap file, save it on your HDD & choose the 96MB option.
When it's created, press yellow to autostart on boot.
Reboot the box & try again.

Also, what other plugins have you installed?

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:34
Where do i delete epg from?

IIRC it gets the data directly from the sat so could be an issue with the channel

judge
21-08-12, 21:35
Where do i delete epg from?

Telnet into the box & use:

init 4
rm -r /media/hdd/crossepg
rm /media/hdd/epg.dat
init 3

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:38
OK have done swap thing as suggested. still locks up..
What is this swap thing for?

Well, if you got it from WOS the box is legit.
While in the Swap Manager screen, press green to create a swap file, save it on your HDD & choose the 96MB option.
When it's created, press yellow to autostart on boot.
Reboot the box & try again.

Also, what other plugins have you installed?

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:43
have deleted epg is service scan same as service search?

judge
21-08-12, 21:43
OK have done swap thing as suggested. still locks up..
What is this swap thing for?

Swap just gives you extra memory when needed, not always the best option but just trying to track down your problem...
Have you tried the removing your current EPG route?
Can you give us a screenie of your plugins screen?

garyblas
21-08-12, 21:47
Currently doing scan. so will take a while.
Only plugins i have added are 1 channel and autoshutdown

Swap just gives you extra memory when needed, not always the best option but just trying to track down your problem...
Have you tried the removing your current EPG route?
Can you give us a screenie of your plugins screen?

psionguy
21-08-12, 21:56

Rob

Just to let you know I have resolved my problem, started from scratch and did another fresh install and all OK now.

Thanks for trying help.

garyblas
21-08-12, 22:11

Gents, Thankyou very very much have deleted epg.dat and rescanned now loads crossepg again.
Brilliant team and help forum.

Stanman
21-08-12, 22:14
Alls well that ends well, better than going back to an older image

garyblas
21-08-12, 22:15
Too right. Thanks again

cyberdelic
21-08-12, 22:15
I read in another post that airplayer support for iOS devices is available in ViX 3.0. You didn't mention it in the feature list on the first page. And what about HBBTV? Is it included and if not, any chance that it works in the future?

judge
21-08-12, 22:16
Gents, Thankyou very very much have deleted epg.dat and rescanned now loads crossepg again.
Finally.... glad you're sorted.
Now if you want SKY UK numbering & Bouquets, try this excellent plugin (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-AutoBouquets-E2-28-2E-Beta&p=149942&viewfull=1#post149942).

garyblas
21-08-12, 22:18
One last question...

When i go epg then autotimer, i get message saying autotimer stored but some programmes do not show in timer view (green button) is this correct?

garyblas
21-08-12, 22:20
Judge, what plugin. is it better than our own Mr Mister

Finally.... glad you're sorted.
Now if you want SKY UK numbering & Bouquets, try this excellent plugin (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-AutoBouquets-E2-28-2E-Beta&p=149942&viewfull=1#post149942).

Stanman
21-08-12, 22:21
You click blue button in EPG and than it shoud popluate the timer automatically, if its not working go into AT and press menu and check your settings

judge
21-08-12, 22:25
Judge, what plugin. is it better than our own Mr Mister

Plugin is in the link 'try this excellent plugin' (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20220-AutoBouquets-E2-28-2E-Beta&p=149942&viewfull=1#post149942)

As for being better than Mr Mister, no, same thing but looking promising as a way to run a plugin & auto-update rather than depend on pre-made bouquets.

garyblas
21-08-12, 22:28
Stan, It does show in AT but not on timers?
I have never gone in to settings so should be okay.
It only does this on some programmes not all... strange

Larry-G
21-08-12, 22:31

Im not having a go at anybody. just pure frustration, if anyone can help thats great

The thing is, we are more than happy that your submitting a potential bug to us but as none of us have been able to replicate your problem we need to to help us.

we need as much detail as possible about your setup, including every plugin you have loaded to the box whether there from the feeds or another source. we need to know where you store your picons and EPG data and most importantly we need debug logs from the time of the potential bug. without this information there is very little we can do other than guess at the problem which helps no one.

Larry-G
21-08-12, 22:37
any hoo i now see that your sorted which is great for you. but in the future please remember that were not mind readers and we really do need people to give us as much information as possible when asking for help. That way we can get to work rite away helping you, otherwise we just end up going round in circles and every one ends up getting frustrated and a little narked.

Rob van der Does
22-08-12, 05:35
I know your defending the product... but all im saying is what im seeing. If its a setup issue great but im running exactly as vix 2,4 that did not have a problem. Any help appreciated
No I'm not defending anything: I just stated that walking away from a problem doesn't solve it.

And you still never supplied any debuglogs; that could have been a great help.

Rob
Just to let you know I have resolved my problem, started from scratch and did another fresh install and all OK now.
Thanks for trying help.
Cheers, go to see all is well now.

You see there no reason to revert to an old image?
And indeed: many problems are related to corrupt EPG-data.
Good to see the problem is solved!

any hoo i now see that your sorted which is great for you. but in the future please remember that were not mind readers and we really do need people to give us as much information as possible when asking for help. That way we can get to work rite away helping you, otherwise we just end up going round in circles and every one ends up getting frustrated and a little narked.
Exactly: information (image-version, skin, procedure to reproduce, debug&crashlogs) is essential.

Starred Wolf Nu
22-08-12, 09:57
Hi all. I've upgraded to the new image and did have difficulties. After some digging I found the issue.
There was an epg.dat created in /etc/enigma2 - even though I had not configured crossepg to use internal flash, I always use USB for that. Once I had telnet'd in and shut down e2 and removed the offending dat file all was ok.

So my tips are:
1 - Do NOT restore any backups - you must configure all settings from scratch.
2 - Check there are no epg.dat files lying around anywhere, if so delete them all before setting up crossepg

So far so good. I notice that the Magic HD skin has changed a bit, text is a bit larger and the info screen showing the current channel looks cleaner.

Good job guys keep up the good work!!

Rob van der Does
22-08-12, 10:23
So my tips are:
1 - Do NOT restore any backups - you must configure all settings from scratch.
2 - Check there are no epg.dat files lying around anywhere, if so delete them all before setting up crossepg
ad 1: That's not a tip; that's obligatory, as we stated in the release post;
ad 2: That's a common issue for all images, irrespective of the EPG-source used.

sparky72
22-08-12, 11:32
great image just loaded it works ok thanks guys great work

banie01
22-08-12, 13:03
Hiya folks.
Just wondering which build(if any) of Project Valerie works properly with this build?
I have tried r1260 and r1263 so far and while it installs and runs fine.
On viewing episodic content at the end of the episode, where the stop/play next/exit popup should appear, PVMC is crashing VIX to the black(green) screen but it is not writing a crash log to either /home/root or /media/HDD.
I will try recreate the issue when I get home with debug log set to high in Valerie and add that log this evening.
But in the meantime, I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered similar problems?

mistadizzy
22-08-12, 13:56
Thanks team 3.0 is best and for me the fastest image around. I had issues with 2.4 in that it would every 3-4 days freeze my box and a reflash would be required (3 days now and no freezes yet).
Especially now with the integrated Cross/Graphical EPG for me this image is as complete as you could get for a basic user.
A big thanks for your hard work and dedication to the Vix team.

gedclarke
22-08-12, 16:42
Hiya folks.
Just wondering which build(if any) of Project Valerie works properly with this build?
I have tried r1260 and r1263 so far and while it installs and runs fine.
On viewing episodic content at the end of the episode, where the stop/play next/exit popup should appear, PVMC is crashing VIX to the black(green) screen but it is not writing a crash log to either /home/root or /media/HDD.
I will try recreate the issue when I get home with debug log set to high in Valerie and add that log this evening. But in the meantime, I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered similar problems?

Mine crashes at the end of every movie/episode, although it does create a crash log (which have been sent in). I'm using the latest stable version of valerie and vix 3.0, and have noticed that it no longer says the option 'yes, and play next episode' when i press stop. I've gone back to 2.4 for the meantime as I am a big user of 'Project Valerie' and both 2.4 and itself work perfectly for me with 'not one single' crash. I'll be back on 3 as soon as it is sorted though :thumbsup:

Larry-G
22-08-12, 16:50
I'll be back on 3 as soon as it is sorted though :thumbsup:

Then contact PV and ask them to fix it.

Rob van der Does
22-08-12, 17:26
Mine crashes at the end of every movie/episode, although it does create a crash log (which have been sent in). I'm using the latest stable version of valerie and vix 3.0, and have noticed that it no longer says the option 'yes, and play next episode' when i press stop. I've gone back to 2.4 for the meantime as I am a big user of 'Project Valerie' and both 2.4 and itself work perfectly for me with 'not one single' crash. I'll be back on 3 as soon as it is sorted though :thumbsup:
I've just gone through your crashreport, and it's defo a PV problem. Apparently it isn't compatible with ViX3 (and hence probably also not with PLi 3). Best inform PV and sent them the crashlog.
There's nothing we can do about it: they will need all the info.

gedclarke
22-08-12, 17:33
Then contact PV and ask them to fix it.

Here we go again.....I did not blame the image, i only answered another forum members question as to whether or not anyone was having the same problems. I also never stated which should be fixed (the image or the plugin), I merely stated that until the issue was resolved I would be staying on 2.4. So before you start telling me what to do please read what I said. Also in future please do not tell me what to do as I found your comment offensive.

Larry-G
22-08-12, 17:36
Here we go again.....I did not blame the image, i only answered another forum members question as to whether or not anyone was having the same problems. I also never stated which should be fixed (the image or the plugin), I merely stated that until the issue was resolved I would be staying on 2.4. So before you start telling me what to do please read what I said. Also in future please do not tell me what to do as I found your comment offensive.

Climb down from your high horse before you fall and hurt your self.

I never once even suggested that you were critiquing the ViX image, i simply said contact PV for a fix as it's their plugin not ours.

Rob van der Does
22-08-12, 17:44
And this response of yours is very friendly :confused:
If you react like this, please go and do something you do like.

banie01
22-08-12, 17:50

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one with the issue. I've tried r1239, 1260 and r1263 all with the same result.
That coupled with the fact that PVMC is not in the current feeds along with Rob's helpful remark on your own submitted crashlog confirm my own thinking that it was a plugin compatibility issue alright.

I'll recreate the issue this evening with PV debug log set to highnand submit the PV log and the VIX crash log to Erik and the guys over at PVMC and hopefully they can recompile for VIX3.o/OpenPLI3.0.
I'll drop a post here when I hear anything back.

cosie
22-08-12, 17:58
Vix is quite simply the best ever.just when you think it can't get better they do lol.
Thanks guys it's very much appreciated

uksparx
22-08-12, 18:16
Does anyone else use a usb card reader mine is showing this in cccam info

card reader /dev/ttyUSB0
no or unknown card inserted

I'm having troubles with my USB card reader smargo do I need to install any drivers for it?

This is the config that is in my .cfg file. This worked for the previous image.

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0

Is there any thing I'm missing .[/QUOTE]

basilyoung
22-08-12, 19:05
I use the smartgo reader as well,.....your line looks correct, is the reader setup for db mode?

also best to start a new thread

Silent
24-08-12, 11:43
Does anyone else have a problem with as soon as they open the EPG and press right (>), two events are selected?

I think somethings wrong with my EPG. A fresh flash doesn't seem to get rid of whatever the problem is though.

Mr. Mister
24-08-12, 12:02
As their are quite a few ways to open EPG..

Are you pressing the epg button.. Then pressing right arrow. ?

garyblas
24-08-12, 12:33
My < and > buttons dont work. They are supposed to move epg 24hrs but dont do anything. Did'nt work on Vix 2.4 either for me.
I have to scroll across manually.

Does anyone else have a problem with as soon as they open the EPG and press right (>), two events are selected?

I think somethings wrong with my EPG. A fresh flash doesn't seem to get rid of whatever the problem is though.

Silent
24-08-12, 12:58
Sorry, not > or < just the normal arrow keys. Here's an SS example after pressing EPG, chose my Bouquet (Entertainment) and then pressed Down to go to BBC2:

It happens every time I go in to any bouquet without fail.

Again, it's probably something with my box as the Bouquet is Entertainment, but it still displays 28.2E --- UK Bouquets --- at the top (the bouquet the channel I'm currently watching is in). A fresh flash doesn't resolve either problem and I don't know how to completely factory reset my box.

Larry-G
24-08-12, 13:01
Sorry, not > or < just the normal arrow keys. Here's an SS example after pressing EPG, chose my Bouquet (Entertainment) and then pressed Down to go to BBC2:

It happens every time I go in to any bouquet without fail.

Again, it's probably something with my box as the Bouquet is Entertainment, but it still displays 28.2E --- UK Bouquets --- at the top (the bouquet the channel I'm currently watching is in). A fresh flash doesn't resolve either problem and I don't know how to completely factory reset my box.

no need for a factory reset as the process of flashing a image first erases the old one.

judge
24-08-12, 13:01
My < and > buttons dont work. They are supposed to move epg 24hrs but dont do anything. Did'nt work on Vix 2.4 either for me.
I have to scroll across manually.

Works perfectly here.
Have you any plugins installed that could be causing that? or a dodgy remote even?

Maxwell
24-08-12, 13:02
use keys 2,4,6,8 to navigate epg

Silent
24-08-12, 13:35
no need for a factory reset as the process of flashing a image first erases the old one.

I'm not sure that's 100% true as after I flashed yesterday, I went through the setup guide until I got to network settings, before I scanned I FTP'd and my lamedb and bouquets were still there. Unless that's just FileZilla cashing, but I'm pretty sure I refreshed it.

Both problems (bouquet name and selected event) still happen with both the following scenarios:

1:
- Fresh flash
- Setup guide, Network, Tuner Setup, Scan
- Load on SgtFlipFlop Bouqets
- Reboot
- go to EPG, problem still there

2:
- Fresh flash
- Setup guide, Network, Tuner Setup, Scan
- Install AutoBouquet
- Reboot
- Run AutoBouquet
- Reboot
- go to EPG, problem still there

Larry-G
24-08-12, 13:39
The flashing process first erases the flash which is where the old image is stored, once it has been erased it then flashes the new image.

Silent
24-08-12, 13:57
It must have been FileZilla caching then. Any other ideas? It's literally a blank system with a set of Bouquets. A bit puzzling as I never used to have either problem, both occurred round about the same time (2.3ish) and haven't gone away regardless of version installed.

About the only thing I haven't tried (that I can think of ofc :)) is flashing to another image then back to ViX.

Larry-G
24-08-12, 13:59
It must have been FileZilla caching then. Any other ideas? It's literally a blank system with a set of Bouquets. A bit puzzling as I never used to have either problem, both occurred round about the same time (2.3ish) and haven't gone away regardless of version installed.

About the only thing I haven't tried (that I can think of ofc :)) is flashing to another image then back to ViX.

honestly i have no idea whats going wrong for you, as you suggested you could try flashing the original Vu image then flash ViX back ontop of that.

Silent
24-08-12, 14:10
Cool - I'll give that a go. Thanks

garyblas
24-08-12, 19:02
Works perfectly here.
Have you any plugins installed that could be causing that? or a dodgy remote even?

Only plugins i have are standard with vix plus 1 channel,autoshutdown & live football.
Remote is fine only couple of month old as is box, bought on WOS.
button 2,4,6,8 work but the 24Hr advance and back <> dont do anything.

evesham
26-08-12, 14:21
when your channels bouquet is on screen i.e BBC1 HD, could an option be added (by pressing menu) to select zap to Tuner A or Tuner B? It would be very handy to have.

Stanman
26-08-12, 14:24
when your channels bouquet is on screen i.e BBC1 HD, could an option be added (by pressing menu) to select zap to Tuner A or Tuner B? It would be very handy to have.

Why?

The box automatically selects the first free tuner anyway.

Rob van der Does
26-08-12, 16:05
Why?
Correct; as a user you shouldn't be interested in which tuner the box uses :confused:

Sandman
26-08-12, 17:20
Your not using the wrong picons its looks like a small bug which will more than likely be fixed via online updates, im sure auto resize was introduced earlier this may have been removed as im 100% "service title width" option is no longer there.

Any update on a fix for picons having extra space either side? They look really messy at the minute taking either white space or a predominant colour from the picon! Other than that everything is absolutely perfect :thumbsup:

evesham
27-08-12, 11:20
Why?

Hi Stan, exactly, I'm watching 28.2 on a fixed dish and the box selects Tuner B (motor) to record another show on 28.2e, rendering the motor useless until the recording ends.

Correct; as a user you shouldn't be interested in which tuner the box uses :confused:

Hi Rob, normally I'm not interested, but in the situation above I could zap to Tuner B (motor) then the 28.2e recording will go on Tuner A, simples :)

Rob van der Does
27-08-12, 12:24
Hi Stan, exactly, I'm watching 28.2 on a fixed dish and the box selects Tuner B (motor) to record another show on 28.2e, rendering the motor useless until the recording ends.

Hi Rob, normally I'm not interested, but in the situation above I could zap to Tuner B (motor) then the 28.2e recording will go on Tuner A, simples :)
Yes, you are correct; this is one of the rare cases a user-selected tuner would be fine.

Stanman
27-08-12, 21:47
IIRC In the recording settings, you can select which tuner to use first, which is different to what you asked first which was zapping.

Rahat786786
27-08-12, 21:54
Updated to Vix 3.0 today but my external HDD will not mount at all. I have an internal hdd which is mounts as media/hdd. For some reason it says 'file type: unrecognized' and mount fails in mount manager. When I revert to vix 2.4 it mounts perfectly and shows file type as fuseblk. I wonder what is wrong, can anyone help me mount this as media/usb? When I try set up mounts by pressing green it says to restart vu+ duo but it doesn't mount.

Rob van der Does
28-08-12, 06:04
IIRC In the recording settings, you can select which tuner to use first, which is different to what you asked first which was zapping.
That is indeed different, and doesn't solve OP's problem.
Situation is as follows:
1- no recordings going on, the box will use the fixed disk for tuning (live-TV);
2- during this TV-watching a recording starts; as the fixed dish-tuner is now not available, the motor will be used instead.
Result: although only one recording is going on, live-TV watching is limited to the use of the fixed dish.
If one would have the choice to choose a tuner for zapping, the motor-tuner would have been chosen for live-TV. So whatever which recording is being started, the motor is still available for live-TV.

So a perfect solution seems to be an option in settings for preferred tuner for recordings (in this case would be set to the fixed dish tuner) and a setting for preferred tuner for live-TV (would be set to motor-tuner in this case)

Maxwell
28-08-12, 06:32
That is indeed different, and doesn't solve OP's problem.
Situation is as follows:
1- no recordings going on, the box will use the fixed disk for tuning (live-TV);
2- during this TV-watching a recording starts; as the fixed dish-tuner is now not available, the motor will be used instead.
Result: although only one recording is going on, live-TV watching is limited to the use of the fixed dish.
If one would have the choice to choose a tuner for zapping, the motor-tuner would have been chosen for live-TV. So whatever which recording is being started, the motor is still available for live-TV.

So a perfect solution seems to be an option in settings for preferred tuner for recordings (in this case would be set to the fixed dish tuner) and a setting for preferred tuner for live-TV (would be set to motor-tuner in this case)

Just to add to this:
It is only a problem with timer recordings, if you do an instant record it will use the whichever tuner is being used for the current channel (live tv) and leave the other one free.
For example last night there was something on Tuner A (my fixed dish) which my wife said she wanted recording just as it started so I did an instant record which then left Tuner B (motorised) free, with a timer it would have used Tuner B if I had been on another channel with Tuner A and tied up the motorised dish

Rob van der Does
28-08-12, 06:57
Just to add to this:
It is only a problem with timer recordings, if you do an instant record it will use the whichever tuner is being used for the current channel (live tv) and leave the other one free.
For example last night there was something on Tuner A (my fixed dish) which my wife said she wanted recording just as it started so I did an instant record which then left Tuner B (motorised) free, with a timer it would have used Tuner B if I had been on another channel with Tuner A and tied up the motorised dish
Instant recording or planned recording makes no difference in this story: the box will always try to use the tuner that's in use already.
In the above story the situation was that the tuner in use (for live-TV) is on another transponder than the planned timer, so the other tuner must be used.

tagteam3283
28-08-12, 22:16
word up chaps, great new image as per usual.

Only gripe I have is that the partnerbox plugin isnt working.

I'm confused on which we are meant to install? 1)partnerbox, 2) pernetbox-po or 3) partnetbox-src or 4) any combination of these:mad:

After each install, I get an error & the plugin is not listed:
"some plugins are not availeble:
Extensions/Partnerbox ('epgselction')
Extensions/Partnerbox ('epgselction')"

Does anyone have any advice on how to tweek this to work? I use this quite often to stream service between dou & solos.

This was working on v2.4

Regards

judge
28-08-12, 22:22
We're aware of the issue & looking into it. pernetbox-po & partnetbox-src do not need to be installed for normal usage.
Have you tried the remotestreamconvert plugin? Not an ideal solution as it creates bouquets that aren't compatible with channel editors, but works perfectly for streaming channels from another box,

bally12345
28-08-12, 22:43
Just done online update and glad to see picon width back in the epg menu... Picons now fit perfectly, small fix in the grand scheme of things but appreciated :)

Rahat786786
29-08-12, 01:41
Updated to Vix 3.0 today but my external HDD will not mount at all. I have an internal hdd which is mounts as media/hdd. For some reason it says 'file type: unrecognized' and mount fails in mount manager. When I revert to vix 2.4 it mounts perfectly and shows file type as fuseblk. I wonder what is wrong, can anyone help me mount this as media/usb? When I try set up mounts by pressing green it says to restart vu+ duo but it doesn't mount. I just did an online update but the problem remains and mount fails. As soon as I revert to 2.4 it works.

Can anyone help me please?

tagteam3283
29-08-12, 07:25
We're aware of the issue & looking into it. pernetbox-po & partnetbox-src do not need to be installed for normal usage.
Have you tried the remotestreamconvert plugin? Not an ideal solution as it creates bouquets that aren't compatible with channel editors, but works perfectly for streaming channels from another box,

i will give this a go latertonight, cheers judge

hang on - i actually installed this last night - I dont see anything different on any of the menu's - Where do I manage this plugin?

from readin a few other web pages, it seems that info should be on the "channel search" - where do i find this?

ah got it, sorted, found in menu->setup->service searching->remote chennel stream converter

pooface
29-08-12, 08:44
Updated to Vix 3.0 today but my external HDD will not mount at all. I have an internal hdd which is mounts as media/hdd. For some reason it says 'file type: unrecognized' and mount fails in mount manager. When I revert to vix 2.4 it mounts perfectly and shows file type as fuseblk. I wonder what is wrong, can anyone help me mount this as media/usb? When I try set up mounts by pressing green it says to restart vu+ duo but it doesn't mount. I just did an online update but the problem remains and mount fails. As soon as I revert to 2.4 it works.

Can anyone help me please?

I guess it's an ntfs partition on the external drive?

Try running this command:

opkg install ntfs-3g

This should install ntfs ability on your box, and therefore allow you to use ntfs drives... Altho they are not really recommended to use...

Rob van der Does
29-08-12, 08:49
This should install ntfs ability on your box, and therefore allow you to use ntfs drives...
If you only want to read from the HDD no extra installs are needed; this is just to be able to write too.

Altho they are not really recommended to use...
But it allows you to connect the HDD also to a Windows-PC.

davew1
29-08-12, 13:32
Just done the online update. Thanks for fixing the the issue with the picons. Keep up the great work fellas. this is now the perfect image for me.. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Dave.