PDA

View Full Version : How to install your own picons on VTI or Dream Elite images

Sicilian
29-03-10, 07:37
As the title, how to install your own picons on VTI image.

If using picons on USB stick, create a folder in the root of the USB stick called picon

Then telnet into the VU+ Duo: -

ln -s /media/sdb1/picon /usr/share/enigma2

If using picons on HDD , create a folder in the root of the HDD called picon

Then telnet into the VU+ Duo: -

ln -s /media/hdd/picon /usr/share/enigma2

grtmoby
30-05-10, 20:10
just in case someone did as me and installed picons in flash. it can be found in /media/cf/picon and so u can transfer it the usb or hdd

This is for the dream elite image

albalaji
20-06-10, 19:25
Mate
If i have FILEZILA .. Whatstep i nedd .. BTW i have USB ?
thanks

albalaji
20-06-10, 19:46
i do it .. sorry for bothering u .. But why is complicated not like dreambox ... and also why not all picon avaliable on VTI server

thanks

sparky208
20-06-10, 20:51
hi is there a sticky on how to install picons onto pli image please ii still cant do it thanks

Sicilian
21-06-10, 05:22
hi is there a sticky on how to install picons onto pli image please ii still cant do it thanks

Create a directory in the root of your HDD or USB stick called picon, then simply ftp all your picons to that directory or install from PLi Plugins feed.

sherry
28-11-10, 14:36
Hi

Sorry for the stupid question but can someone please explain how to telnet picons to my vu+ duo.

I am using dreambox control centre.

Thank you.

marty
28-11-10, 14:57
Hi

Sorry for the stupid question but can someone please explain how to telnet picons to my vu+ duo.

I am using dreambox control centre.

Thank you.

You just FTP them over, in my case in a folder on the HDD called "picon"

sherry
28-11-10, 17:37
i dont know how to ftp them over m8

Stanman
28-11-10, 20:09
download and install dream centre control.
You will need to enter your box ip address and hit connect. If it asks you for username its root and password blank.
If that does not work, than telnet into the box - in WIN 7 you will need to enable telnet (google how to do it) and than run and type telnet and IP address of the box. Than enter root and enter, than passwd and type your chosen password twice and exit.
Now start DCC and type in the password you just created into the password field and hit connect. You should be connected and see your DUO files
If its kust picons than why dont you just put them on a USB stick?

sherry
28-11-10, 20:12
Thank you m8.

I already have DCC but just dont know how to get the picons onto my box :)

Stanman
28-11-10, 20:14
In flash they go in folder called PICON and in enigma2

sherry
28-11-10, 20:35
In flash they go in folder called PICON and in enigma2

sorry m8 i am not sure what you mean..... i cant find a folder called flash

Stanman
28-11-10, 20:43
Open up DCC, than click on FTP on the left hand pane, than etc and engima2 and create a folder called PICONS or copy the one from your PC across.

sherry
28-11-10, 20:58
Open up DCC, than click on FTP on the left hand pane, than etc and engima2 and create a folder called PICONS or copy the one from your PC across.

thank you stanmnan.

i have done what you said and then rebooted box and they are not showing up. is there something else i should be doing?

thank you.

Stanman
28-11-10, 21:12
which image do you have if vix go into setup>vix>skin settings and point the folder to were you stored the picons

sherry
28-11-10, 21:22
I am using a vti image m8

pazza07
16-08-11, 14:11
Hi, is the method the same for the TM800 ? If not, whats the difference ?

Sicilian
16-08-11, 14:23
On TM800, just create a folder in the root of usb stick called /picon using an ftp client like filezilla. Then ftp picons to the folder, then reboot.

pazza07
16-08-11, 16:25
On TM800, just create a folder in the root of usb stick called /picon using an ftp client like filezilla. Then ftp picons to the folder, then reboot.
Not sure i've done this right. I have created a folder called picon in the root of my USB stick and placed it in the front usb port of tm800, i've downloaded a picon list. that's were i'm up too, i don't understand what folder i ftp them too.

pazza07
16-08-11, 16:26
Not sure i've done this right. I have created a folder called picon in the root of my USB stick and placed it in the front usb port of tm800, i've downloaded a picon list. that's were i'm up too, i don't understand what folder i ftp them too.

pazza07
16-08-11, 17:03
I think i've got the right folder, media/front usb ?

Sicilian
16-08-11, 17:06
Thats sounds right, yes. Create a folder in the root of the usb stick called picon, then ftp the picons into that folder. May be best to start a topic in the TM800 discussion section.

pazza07
16-08-11, 17:10
Thats sounds right, yes. Create a folder in the root of the usb stick called picon, then ftp the picons into that folder. May be best to start a topic in the TM800 discussion section.
Thanks sicilian, i've done all that but still no joy. I will start a thread in tm800 section and hopefully get it sorted.

pazza07
16-08-11, 17:10
Thanks sicilian, i've done all that but still no joy. I will start a thread in tm800 section and hopefully get it sorted.

mmcmedia
01-09-11, 16:57
ive done it like like it says in the 1st post for well over the last 12 mths , but recently upgraded to vti 3.1 and set all my settings how i wanted em but for some reason crossepg dont like the usb stick ive had in there fro 12mts now ive upgraded , but low & behind after id taken the usb stick out of the back of the duo , went back into file system and all my picons are still stored media/usb/picon yet i have no usb stick installed
So do i need a usb and whats going on there cus i just dont understand , and it dont take any more time to change channel with or without stick installed

thanx

Sicilian
01-09-11, 17:10
ive done it like like it says in the 1st post for well over the last 12 mths , but recently upgraded to vti 3.1 and set all my settings how i wanted em but for some reason crossepg dont like the usb stick ive had in there fro 12mts now ive upgraded , but low & behind after id taken the usb stick out of the back of the duo , went back into file system and all my picons are still stored media/usb/picon yet i have no usb stick installed
So do i need a usb and whats going on there cus i just dont understand , and it dont take any more time to change channel with or without stick installed

thanx

They'll be stored in the flash then, just using that path.

mmcmedia
01-09-11, 18:14
So what will it affect if i leave em in the flash opposed to using a usb stick

thanx sic

Stanman
01-09-11, 18:56
short term nothing but long term not a good idea to do lots of writes to the flash as over time it degrades, perhaps not to the level you might notice in the short term but why take the risk.

Rob van der Does
03-09-11, 06:37
short term nothing but long term not a good idea to do lots of writes to the flash as over time it degrades, perhaps not to the level you might notice in the short term but why take the risk.Using Picons does not involve a lot of writing: only when installing/updating them. So no worries there.
Even after flashing many hundreds of times, including the use of picons, won't wear your flash memory.