PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] New ViX Team Gigablue HD800SE OE3.0 Release Discussion

Maxwell
02-08-12, 11:19
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18291&d=1343840281
Brand New VIX Image HD800 SE

15/08/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.204
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18315&d=1343902631
From VIX Team

GCC Version: 4.4.4
GB Kernel Version: 3.1.1
GB Drivers: 14-08-2012

Vix Team is proud to present
an all new full featured Vix image for the GigaBlue

BOOTLOADER UPGRADE REQUIRED FOR THIS IMAGE, USE LATEST BOOTLOADER HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18659-GiGaBlue-HD800SE-Bootloaders&p=147474&viewfull=1#post147474)

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
Instant record & Zap added to all EPG screens including EPG search. (short & long press record button)
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (14-08-2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

BOOTLOADER UPGRADE REQUIRED FOR THIS IMAGE, USE LATEST BOOTLOADER HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18659-GiGaBlue-HD800SE-Bootloaders&p=147474&viewfull=1#post147474)

Downloads

Stable release HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20194-New-ViX-Team-Gigablue-HD800SE-OE3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD800SE/)(Beta's)

Sicilian
15-08-12, 16:06
Please report all feedback here :)

bega32
16-08-12, 14:49
hi i have problem with current image.
I downloaded the image but when unzip folder Gigablue bu is there and no "Burn.bat" file.
or I can image file without instalation Sun Bur.bat?

Sicilian
16-08-12, 14:53
hi i have problem with current image.
I downloaded the image but when unzip folder Gigablue bu is there and no "Burn.bat" file.
or I can image file without instalation Sun Bur.bat?

Read the 1st post of this thread ;)

mathiaskt
18-08-12, 20:14
I installed the image and so far so good. Only problem I have is I do not know how to run mgcamd on it. Any help?

Thanks,

Mr. Mister
18-08-12, 20:17
Install the softcam like you would any other ipk file..

FTP the MGcamd ipk file to tmp.. then > Blue button > Vix > Install Local extension..

Just follow the onscreen details

mathiaskt
18-08-12, 20:24
Thanks - will try that now.

mathiaskt
18-08-12, 21:12
Thanks I have installed mgcamd just fine. The aspect ratio is not ok though. The actual image is fine but when you select something else MENU par exemple, part of it is just outside the screen. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Larry-G
18-08-12, 21:21
Thanks I have installed mgcamd just fine. The aspect ratio is not ok though. The actual image is fine but when you select something else MENU par exemple, part of it is just outside the screen. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

menu> setup> system> OSD> OSD POSITION SETUP.

mathiaskt
18-08-12, 21:41
watching a film now will give it a go after that - thanks

mathiaskt
19-08-12, 09:39
I have tried several values but seems it didn't make much change noticeable change. Do you have an example of values to use? I have a panasonic 42" TV. Thanks,

Larry-G
19-08-12, 09:45
I'm at work and dont have access to a receiver to be totally certain but when you go to menu> setup> system> OSD> OSD POSITION SETUP. you will be presented with a settings page where you can adjust the OSD left / right / up and down. adjust the left hand side first and depending on your TV it may take around 20 or so clicks before you start to see a difference but you will.

mathiaskt
19-08-12, 10:03
Will give it another go - thanks,

lemi
19-08-12, 12:44
Hi,
A big thanks to OpenViX team:thumbsup:
Flashed my gigablue without any problems but cannot find "extra" downloads like in PB image "PowerBoard center":confused:
Or I have to do that via ftp?
Thanks!

Trial
19-08-12, 13:01
@mathiaskt,
better option would be to disable overscan on your TV if possible. Perhaps manual or google will give you a hint.

@lemi,
what Do you mean with "extra"?

ciao

lemi
19-08-12, 13:07
cam downloads:sofahide:

Sicilian
19-08-12, 13:20
I have tried several values but seems it didn't make much change noticeable change. Do you have an example of values to use? I have a panasonic 42" TV. Thanks,

Read the stickies http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20245-NOTICE-TO-GIGABLUE-HD800SE-UE-USERS-Small-bug-found-with-OSD-Postion-Setup

Sicilian
19-08-12, 13:21
cam downloads:sofahide:

Here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ET6000-ViX

lemi
19-08-12, 13:42
Thanks Boss.I have read that before.I thought there is extra url or add-ons download center embended like by all other GB images.

Larry-G
19-08-12, 14:03
Hi,
A big thanks to OpenViX team:thumbsup:
Flashed my gigablue without any problems but cannot find "extra" downloads like in PB image "PowerBoard center":confused:
Or I have to do that via ftp?
Thanks!

There are no "extra" downloads within the ViX image other than our own FEEDS which can be accessed via the plugins menu. be aware though we do not host softcams in those feeds you will have to install any cam you need manually. cams for the ViX image can be obtained here

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

mathiaskt
19-08-12, 14:16
Read the stickies http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20245-NOTICE-TO-GIGABLUE-HD800SE-UE-USERS-Small-bug-found-with-OSD-Postion-Setup

I changed the skin and that fixed the issue - thanks again for your help.

kastilio
25-08-12, 10:40
I have a problem on thor 0.8W, when i change to Viasat Explorer from UPC Direct provider, the box is freezing and the only thing to make it work again is to unplug it.
Another thing is that on playing movies the sound dissapears for few seconds and from time to time the screen is blank and the hdmi is syncronizing again.

huey
25-08-12, 15:56
i have a small issue with ccams not showing in Menu/Setup/System/VIX/Install Local Extension ,i have tried many different cccams but none are showing up ,ive ftp the ipks to temp as per instruction but to no avail any idea's looks a great image not giving upon this 1 ,also tried to reflash but it doesent seem to be playing ball.

Larry-G
25-08-12, 16:01
try FTPing to Var/Volatile/Tmp instead.

and all ViX compatible cams can be found here.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

Stanman
25-08-12, 16:02
Which software were you using to ftp it?

If /tmp is not working try going through /var/volatile/tmp

huey
25-08-12, 16:23
Which software were you using to ftp it?

If /tmp is not working try going through /var/volatile/tmp

:Dthanks guys you stopped the red mist in the nik of time all sorted now :thumbsup:

Stanman
25-08-12, 23:36
You know theres thanks button:D;):D

pielord
28-08-12, 11:23
I used the fixes provided (OSD etc) and it's a wonderful image, working uber quick using the 28.2 Auto Bouquet plugin and CCcam, great work yet again folks

huey
01-09-12, 18:40
hit a problem ,i flashed back to team red image ,used the old bootloader for this ,then i decided to flash back to the new vix image ,used the new bootloader for this ,when i try to load the vix image at start i get 'boot usb ' but no conf 'comes up then it just carries on loading the old team red image ,bit lost now anyone know whats wrong .:confused:

Stanman
01-09-12, 19:49
Check the image file is on the root of the usb and no other files are on.it or any other usb sticks are inserted.

huey
02-09-12, 19:15
hi ,still no joy ,checked all of the above several times the vix load screen comes up and then loads team red :confused:

Sicilian
03-09-12, 06:41
hit a problem ,i flashed back to team red image ,used the old bootloader for this ,then i decided to flash back to the new vix image ,used the new bootloader for this ,when i try to load the vix image at start i get 'boot usb ' but no conf 'comes up then it just carries on loading the old team red image ,bit lost now anyone know whats wrong .:confused:

Make sure you are using the very latest boot loader. Also in gigablue>se> try renaming noforce to force.

masterchief
13-09-12, 16:54
Hi,

first thanks for this wonderful image for the gigable se. :)

I've found one bug. Switching between radio and tv don't work. If i press the button TV/RAD only the channel list are opens. :confused:
I use the standard ViX-skin without any changes. Also after a clean flash it don't works.

Thanks...

Sicilian
13-09-12, 16:56
Hi,

first thanks for this wonderful image for the gigable se. :)

I've found one bug. Switching between radio and tv don't work. If i press the button TV/RAD only the channel list are opens. :confused:
I use the standard ViX-skin without any changes. Also after a clean flash it don't works.

Thanks...

You need to setup a radio bouquet, then navigate to radio stations that way.

masterchief
13-09-12, 17:04
I've a radio bouquet. ;)

With other images like openMIPS or openAAF it works perfect. The problem are only on the openViX images. :(
Same thing with other settings...

Sicilian
13-09-12, 17:06
What does does openaaf take you to radio bouquet when pressing radio button? Then TV bouquets by pressing it again? Personally I just manually switch to radio bouquet like I do for TV channels. Never use the TV/Radio button on any receiver.

masterchief
13-09-12, 17:50
Yes, when i watch TV and press the TV/RAD button the radio channell list opens. By pressing again the button it goes back to the tv channell list.

I think it's only a mistake in the keymap.xml.

SalteeDog
16-09-12, 11:00
Just installed this (build 268) yesterday. So far so good - working without a hitch so thanks to all involved. Going to try the remotestream plugin today - I understand it may not be supported (or at least not tested) so I'll see how I get on.

Larry-G
16-09-12, 11:05
Just installed this (build 268) yesterday. So far so good - working without a hitch so thanks to all involved. Going to try the remotestream plugin today - I understand it may not be supported (or at least not tested) so I'll see how I get on.

if you mean the remotestreamconvert plugin then yes it's fully working and supported within the ViX image, I use it my self on a daily basis to stream channels from one receiver to another and it works flawlessly.

SalteeDog
16-09-12, 11:30
Thanks Pheonix. Yes I just installed remotestremconvert plugin in the last few minutes to stream some channels on 5W from my Vu+ duo to my GigaBlue and indeed it works flawlessly. I'm delighted!

masterchief
17-09-12, 12:56
No solution for the TV/Radio button?

Deso
17-09-12, 13:27
Is this image OK with the 800UE as well? :confused: :)

Cancel that, I found the one for the UE :)

Larry-G
17-09-12, 13:30
Is this image OK with the 800UE as well? :confused: :)

This particular image is for the 800SE only but there is a identical image for use with the 800UE

here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=

DaMaster
22-09-12, 16:46
I've had the GigaBlue SE box for over a week now, I'm using the 310 ViX build, when I first did a automatic scan last week it found all the channels but the AGC was always 0% but the channels still worked.

Today I done another automatic scan but it finishes at 0% and says scan done, not sure what's gone wrong but the channels still work.

Sicilian
22-09-12, 17:06
Try a manual single satellite scan and make sure your tuner settings are correct.

DaMaster
22-09-12, 17:11
My Tuner configuration is set to the correct settings 28.2E but when I go to manual scan it's set to 30.2E and I can't change it.

I've just realised my vu duo is doing the same thing, I think it has something to do with this image build as I did a scan on my vu duo yesterday and it scanned fine but today I updated to build 310 and it's not scanning.

Stanman
22-09-12, 17:43
I have 310 on three boxes and no issue, go into tuner config and see if you can change the sat.

Sicilian
22-09-12, 17:47
My Tuner configuration is set to the correct settings 28.2E but when I go to manual scan it's set to 30.2E and I can't change it.

I've just realised my vu duo is doing the same thing, I think it has something to do with this image build as I did a scan on my vu duo yesterday and it scanned fine but today I updated to build 310 and it's not scanning.

Check your satellites.xml file.

DaMaster
22-09-12, 18:14
I have 310 on three boxes and no issue, go into tuner config and see if you can change the sat.

In tuner config it's set to 28.2E on both boxes, I've had a look in satellites.xml and 28.2E is in the list.

DaMaster
22-09-12, 18:55
New build 312 has fixed the issue for me, thanks!

subplay
03-10-12, 08:30
Hi, all. I have downloaded the vix image and updated my gigablue I have put the vix image onto the memory stick as in the zip file
USB:/GIGABLUE/SE/then image files I think thats the foldernames, but im sure you know the two folders the image files are in... Do I keep them there and flash the vix image on or do I move all files too the route.. Eithway I cannot get this too flash. I see the boot loader flashes fine but everytime I do this the screen just stays black with boot on the front.

Thanks

Mr. Mister
03-10-12, 09:44
Hi.

Make sure to format USB AGAIN in FAT32

Downloaded your Gigiblue image from openvix.co.uk..

Unzip the file..

Inside that file you will see a folder called.. "gigiblue"

Just copy this "gigiblue" folder to root of your USB Stick..

Make sure all other USB devices are disconnected from receiver..

Insert USB stick in front and power on your Gigiblue..

As soon as you see " Conf" displayed on the front display.. Press the OK button on front of receiver..

should now flash the image..

portbhoy
03-10-12, 10:50
Just to add, if you already have a Vix team image on there inside the gigablue folder there is a file named noforce you need to rename that to force.

Sicilian
03-10-12, 14:35
Just to add, if you already have a Vix team image on there inside the gigablue folder there is a file named noforce you need to rename that to force.

No longer required with latest bootloaders.

SalteeDog
09-10-12, 19:10
Currently on build 356

DTT 16:9 channels are not displaying with the correct aspect ratio. Box is connected to an old 4:3 TV. Satellite channels are fine. Previous images Team Red, Open AAF didn't exhibit the problem.

AV Settings:
Video Output: Scart
Aspect Ratio : 4:3
Display 16:9 content as: Letterbox
WSS on 4:3 : Enabled
Auto scart switching : Enabled

When zapping to a DTT channel the OSD 16:9 icon starts green and then rapidly greys out.

Any tips?

SalteeDog
15-10-12, 18:54
Some more info.

If I chose 'Pan and Scan' instead of Letterbox then the DTT 16:9 channels are okay (Letterboxed) but the 16:9 Satellite channels are Panned and Scanned.

If I choose Letterbox it's the other way around.

BTW these are Irish Saorview channels.

Finally - error in my post. It wasn't OpenAAF but the HDF image that was good. I haven't tried OpenAAF (yet).

dazbaz996
01-11-12, 21:44
Hi All

Just got my box a couple of days ago.
I am using it with an old phillips widescreen tv through a scart connection.
The problem the screen does not scale to the tv correctly i.e. menus to the left are not fully visible and I can hardly see the info box when I zap a channel.
I am on build 394
AV Settings:
Video Output: Scart
Aspect Ratio : 16:9
Auto scart switching : Enabled

I connect the box to a 1080p computer monitor via hdmi and set video output tho hdmi and all is fine but I need to use the phillips tv

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Mr. Mister
01-11-12, 21:52
Menu > Set Up > System > User Interface > Position Set Up

From your you can toggle left and right and this will make the menu`s fit to the screen..

dazbaz996
01-11-12, 22:33
Thanks Mr. Mister, that did the trick nicely..

Larry-G
06-11-12, 07:27
A better solution would be to turn off the overscan feature on your tv that causes this in the first place. You will see a overall increase in picture quality if you do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

masterchief
11-11-12, 14:31
Yes, when i watch TV and press the TV/RAD button the radio channell list opens. By pressing again the button it goes back to the tv channell list.

I think it's only a mistake in the keymap.xml.

The bug is in the newest version still present. :(

Can nobody fix these little bug?

andyblac
12-11-12, 13:00
The bug is in the newest version still present. :(

Can nobody fix these little bug?

thats no a bug, it is changing modes from TV to radio and vice versa.

masterchief
12-11-12, 18:11
thats no a bug, it is changing modes from TV to radio and vice versa.

OK, but why it dosn't work with openvix? The switch between TV/Radio dosn't work, after pressing TV/Rad-button the tv boquet list opens and not the radio boquets. :(

Like I said, with other images this button worked without problems.

andyblac
12-11-12, 21:08
OK, but why it dosn't work with openvix? The switch between TV/Radio dosn't work, after pressing TV/Rad-button the tv boquet list opens and not the radio boquets. :(

Like I said, with other images this button worked without problems.

ok will check it

masterchief
12-11-12, 22:28
ok will check it

Nice... :) Thanks dude. :thumbsup:

mickeyboymel
23-11-12, 00:37
Any solution for this yet?

andyblac
23-11-12, 19:23
Any solution for this yet?

well. i have ask GigaBlue to fix there drivers, the button is mapped to normal TV button, and imo should be mapped to it's own button so it can be used as a toggle, some teams have 'HACKED' arround this issue. but i am sorry i am not going to start hacking my e2 just because if errors in one manufactures drivers.

i will let you know when GigaBlue fix it, i suggest you email GigaBlue asking to assign the remote 'TV' button to 'KEY_TV2' in there drivers

MaD_FOr_iT
16-01-13, 17:39
Hi I been having telnet issues with 800se.iam unable to type anything when trying to login I have been able to type once or twice but I get to root then enter an thats as far as I get.could this b a img prob I reflashed with your new img an still same probs.any ideas would be helpfull thxx

MaD_FOr_iT
17-01-13, 01:04
I can now connect through my laptop i donno why i carnt connect through my main pc but nvm least i can connect now :)

Bluto141
14-06-13, 11:57
First of all, apologizes for the noob questions, i have tried to get the answers by searching.
I am trying to put vix image on my Gbse800.
I am upgrading from the last TEAM RED image which served me well
I downloaded the boot =hd800se 08-08-2012 and the only vix image i seem to be able to download even though their are newer images poster..openvix 30.204
using 2 usb sticks both formatted to fat 32
put bootloader on root of usb 1
power down the GB, put in the usb in front usb slot
power up, let the system boot until channel comes on
copy file structure "gigable/se/5files" onto root of usb2
power down GB
swap usb sticks over
reboot GB until channel comes on
Team red image is still on

Any ideas what i did wrong

Thanks in advance

Larry-G
14-06-13, 12:02
I'm not sure about the flash procedure of these receivers but you can get all newer images from www.openvix.co.uk

Bluto141
14-06-13, 13:52
Thanks for the link, I have since updated both the bootloader and image file, and carried out the same procedure, but no luck

Cheers

Bluto141
15-06-13, 19:37
According the the instructions it said load the usb into front usb slot, i get the message config, i hit ok on remote, but when finished doing its thing i am still on Team Red image..

s1m0nw
17-06-13, 21:32
u cant b serious are u really still on team red :eek:. Anyways best thing to do is when you see config press OK on the BOX not the remote. Also make sure your pen drive is properly formatted before starting a new image flash.

I made the same mistake a long while ago when the bootloader was updated

camoscio58
10-09-13, 10:54
Hello asking for help from more experienced I would buy Gigablue 800SE how can I do to read sky + subscription card tvsat?
Thank you and good luck.

eddie
18-09-13, 19:44
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem updated to latest vix and since then i have not been able to find any signal on satelite on a motorside set up