PDA

View Full Version : Some menu screenshots form the Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini and 202E, pretty damn good!

Sicilian
14-08-12, 20:09
I've been having a play with the Ferguson Ariva 102 Mini and the 202E, so far pretty damn impressed with the features and menu's, best I seen in a non-linux receiver. More details to come, but heres some screenshots from the menus.

Sleepy
20-08-12, 12:37
How about a specification for this new Mini? Then we could see exactly what it can and can't do.

Or have I missed that somewhere?

Having bought an Eaglebox Mini a few months ago (not from world-of-satellite mind you) and been disaappointed to find it can't handle radio channels at all, I'm now wary to check the spec more carefully before I take the plunge again this time.

bassethound
20-08-12, 12:52
Here is a quick youtube video of the menu system at work on the Ferguson Ariva 52E / 102E / 202E OSD

more info at are site sponsor http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Ferguson-Digital-Ariva-HD-Receivers/Ferguson-Ariva-102-Mini-102Mini-HD-Digital-Satellite-Receiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU6Uvn4tvos&feature=player_detailpage#t=132s

Sicilian
20-08-12, 13:23
How about a specification for this new Mini? Then we could see exactly what it can and can't do.

Having bought an Eaglebox Mini a few months ago (not from world-of-satellite mind you) and been disaappointed to find it can't handle radio channels at all, I'm now wary to check the spec more carefully before I take the plunge again this time.

Dont compare the Eaglebox mini to the Ariva 102 Mini, the software on the 102 Mini is superb, checkout the video above. If you need something tested, just post and I'll test :)

Sleepy
20-08-12, 14:35
OK, thanks. Looks interesting, but I could really do with going carefully through its spec to double-check exactly what it can and can't do.

Specifically, how about finding and storing satellite radio channels, which from my adnittedly rather eccentric usage point of view is where the Eaglebox falls down?

Sicilian
20-08-12, 14:44
OK, thanks. Looks interesting, but I could really do with going carefully through its spec to double-check exactly what it can and can't do.

Specifically, how about finding and storing satellite radio channels, which from my adnittedly rather eccentric usage point of view is where the Eaglebox falls down?

Just opened up a channel dump from my 102 mini, this mornings scan had 162 radio channels, I'll check them and report back this evening.

aasheish_mody
20-08-12, 15:18
Sorry I am fairly a newbie to this. I had bought the DreamBox DM800 se clone 2 months back. Is the Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini meant for the same purpose as dreambox. Also can I edit the CCCam.cfg file in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini. If yes, then where is it located in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini.

Thanks

Ash

Sleepy
20-08-12, 15:36
Just opened up a channel dump from my 102 mini, this mornings scan had 162 radio channels, I'll check them and report back this evening.
Your attentive cooperation much appreciated. Tks. I'd be taking my box and using it in Asia some of the time, and manually adding birds transponders for that region in addition to whatever's already programmed in, so that's why I'm asking you these funny questions.

river-rat
20-08-12, 17:37

cant handle radio, as well as cant edit channels or rename favs, or auto start cccam

wishs he listened to stef

river-rat
20-08-12, 17:38
I've been having a play with the Ferguson Ariva 102 Mini and the 202E, so far pretty damn impressed with the features and menu's, best I seen in a non-linux receiver. More details to come, but heres some screenshots from the menus.

have you a video of editing and moving favs?

Sleepy
20-08-12, 18:32
cant handle radio, as well as cant edit channels or rename favs, or auto start cccam

wishs he listened to stef
Noted, but what did stef say? Is it on this forum?

Sicilian
21-08-12, 17:48
Sorry I am fairly a newbie to this. I had bought the DreamBox DM800 se clone 2 months back. Is the Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini meant for the same purpose as dreambox. Also can I edit the CCCam.cfg file in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini. If yes, then where is it located in Ferguson Arvia 102 Mini.

Thanks

Ash

Read the stickies ;) http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20170-Ferguson-Ariva-softcam-guides-see-how-easy-they-are-to-use!

Sleepy
22-08-12, 09:29
Thanks for this offer. Haven't seen any report though. Am I to take it that it failed your radio test?

Still not completely clear exactly what river-rat is saying in his later comment on this thread.

Mr. Mister
22-08-12, 10:28
Sleepy..

This means that Sicilian will test further when he gets a chance..

I had a look last night at the channel dump for these boxes.. All radio stations were there..

I do not have one of these boxes as yet.. but hopeing that one will with me tomorrow..

Sleepy
22-08-12, 12:31
Thanks Mr Mister, and the channel dump is a promising sign, but I think you can understand my "once bitten twice shy" attitude on this after finding my Eaglebox at first appearing to download a load of radio channels, but then failing to store any.

Anyway, I'll try to be patient and wait to hear if either you or Sicilian have actually managed to store and play some radio channels. If successful, my plan would be to order one while I'm still in UK, but then pack it in my suitcase when I travel to Asia in mid-September where I have lots of different dishes on DiSeqC, LAN access, and more time to play with it than I have in UK. I'm only telling you all this to illustrate that I don't have unlimited time to wait for the answers.

Sicilian
22-08-12, 13:29
Sorry been very busy, the Ferguson Ariva's do scan, save radio channels. The only thing I haven't done is actually tune to a radio channel, but If I'm honest I'll be very surprised if it doesn't tune them.

Sleepy
28-08-12, 23:13
Sorry to give hassle, but what I'm looking for is firm confirmation from someone that they've actually saved some radio channels, and then been able to find them and play them. I too would be surprised if it didn't work, but then I was very surprised when I found my Eaglebox couldn't play radio, so I'm simply being cautious on this one!.

xcase
13-09-12, 11:55
noob question: Cant I load VIX in this unit?

pooface
13-09-12, 12:25
noob question: Cant I load VIX in this unit?

Afraid not. This is a closed source Box not an e2 Linux receiver, so ViX will never be made for these boxes

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

blueboyuk
13-09-12, 16:40
Sorry to give hassle, but what I'm looking for is firm confirmation from someone that they've actually saved some radio channels, and then been able to find them and play them. I too would be surprised if it didn't work, but then I was very surprised when I found my Eaglebox couldn't play radio, so I'm simply being cautious on this one!.

Yes it can ! I have this box if you just want to watch TV & listen to the radio this is the one to get! and @ £79 from WOS you cannot go wrong :thumbsup:

Sleepy
14-09-12, 10:05
Yes it can ! I have this box if you just want to watch TV & listen to the radio this is the one to get! and @ £79 from WOS you cannot go wrong :thumbsup:
Thanks for the confirmation. That's reassuring, but unfortunately just a few days too late to order now because I'm flying back to Asia next week and was hoping to take it with me. Anyway I'll keep an eye on it with a view to ordering one on my next UK visit, or perhaps asking a UK based friend to carry one out for me if they come to visit over winter. .

Stanman
14-09-12, 20:15
The forum sponsor does next day delivery, so if you order today be with you Tuesday or if your in London, may be able to collect.

Sleepy
15-09-12, 15:53
No, sorry, it's just a bit too late for this time, but I'll keep an eye on it so we're ready for my next trip to England.

Thanks,

Hotchef
14-10-12, 11:59
Can any make of home plugs be used with this unit?

Sicilian
14-10-12, 12:27
Can any make of home plugs be used with this unit?

Yes any make should work fine.

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 14:11
Homeplugs provide an ethernet connection, so this is box/image independent.

Stanman
14-10-12, 14:23
Your better of getting pass through ones, iirc the sponsor sells some, that way you do't lose the socket.