PDA

View Full Version : Apple to 'launch iPhone 5 pre-orders on September 12'

bassethound
14-08-12, 16:42
Pre-orders for the next generation of the iPhone are expected to get underway on September 12, the day that Apple is widely rumoured to be unveiling the hotly anticipated new smartphone.

News site iMore has backed up previous speculation on the new iPhone launch date, after citing an unnamed industry source as saying the so-called iPhone 5 will be introduced on September 12.

The report claims that Apple will start pre-orders for the new handset on the same day and release it in the US on September 21, followed by an international "second wave" release in early October.

If Apple follows previous patterns with new products, the iPhone 5 will also become available to buy in the UK, Japan, Australia and other select markets on the same day that US sales start.

As usual, Apple has remained silent on its plans for the next generation of its leading product, the iPhone.

But there have been various reports and leaks pointing towards the handset launching on September 12, which would be just under a year after Apple introduced the iPhone 4S.

Unlike the 4S, which was an upgrade on 2010's iPhone 4, the iPhone 5 is expected to offer a much broader redesign of the hugely popular smartphone.

This could include a larger 4-inch display in a longer and slightly wider body, along with a smaller connector dock, metal alloy back casing and various new features, such as 4G LTE, NFC technology and the iOS 6 operating system.

Announced in June, iOS 6 brings various improvements to the mobile OS, including new capabilities to the Siri voice assistant, but it is also the first iOS release not to offer a native

Sicilian
14-08-12, 20:59
Looking forward to this, has there been any pics of the iPhone5 leaked?

Larry-G
14-08-12, 21:18
not in the slightest bit interested in the ipap my self, got my new galaxy s3 here and thats perfect for me.