PDA

View Full Version : newibe here

minterno
14-08-12, 01:01
hi guys,i recently bought an vu+ultimo and am trying to get to grips with it,i have it hard wired to the pc as i couldnt get the wireless working properly.i have the latest version of vix installed(2.4)and when i try to upload catseye E2 channel list with the vucc the process seems to finish but after about a minute i get an error message and no channel list has been installed,i have tried it a good few times but it hasent worked for me,also when i want to connect to filezilla i dont know what to fill in for 'host-username-password and port,im blue in the face from googleing and searching the forum,im new to linux and could do with a bit of advice to get up and running and any help will be very welcome,also is there a way to edit the channels from the remote itself,cheers

judge
14-08-12, 01:09
Have you tried pressing the TV button after your uploading of the catseye E2 channel list?

As for filezilla or any other app, username is root & password is blank.
To check the IP address of the box, go to Menu -> Information -> Network.

minterno
14-08-12, 07:28
Have you tried pressing the TV button after your uploading of the catseye E2 channel list? no

As for filezilla or any other app, username is root & password is blank.
To check the IP address of the box, go to Menu -> Information -> Network.thanks very much judge for the quick reply,im only dipping my toe in the water as far as linux is concerened and its gone to take a bit of work to get there,i will give it a bash later on this morning when i get the time,thanks again

minterno
14-08-12, 15:30
hi,vucc is not working for me,i keep getting this error message'Socket error #10053, software caused connection abort' i have reinstalled Vucc and rebooted a few times both the pc and ultimo but no progress yet,is there some other software i could use,thanks in advance for any replys,regards

Dell_XPS
14-08-12, 17:21
What operating system you using m8 ?

minterno
14-08-12, 17:58
hi my pc is running on vista version 6,i have tried to use my laptop also which has windows 7 home premium and am getting similar results,and on another issue,the aspect ratio seem to be out,when in the menu's the first few letters are off to the left of the screen,the n from the word network is hidden,when i run a network test all seem to be ok,also when i try to download plugins i get the message,'feeds down for maintainence' and when i use telenet to down load the plugins it also fails,thanks for the reply,regards

Dell_XPS
14-08-12, 20:54
You can adjust the aspect ratio via the menu m8, look for OSD in the menu, you can adjust it left/right, up/down etc etc, so it fits your TV.
Feeds are probably down as the guys will be uploading new images, try again in a few hours or tomorrow.

See if you can find your Vu Duo in your comps network, you can add/delete files that way.
HTH

minterno
15-08-12, 00:03
Dell_XPS,thanks for the info,will give it another bash tomorrow,regards

minterno
16-08-12, 00:13
thanks dell_xps,got the aspect sorted and will have to trawel the forum for a while to get my network setting sorted,cheers

Dell_XPS
16-08-12, 19:52
In network settings in Vista see if you can see your Ultimo, you should be then able to access the root drive of the Ultimo and the Hard Drive if you have one installed, once you have found those you can do most things you are looking to do m8.
HTH

minterno
17-08-12, 16:53
hi m8,thanks for the reply,im not seeing the vu in my network at all,i have the vu set up with the wifi dongle that came with it and about an hour ago i managed to get the cateye list on to the reciever,the only thing different i done was to reboot tru telenet,on my previous attempts to install the chann lists i always rebooted the vu with the remote.i also changed the port from 80 to 8088.i seen some reference to that on a post on the forum and it seemed to do the job,i still got a port error message but the channel list went across ok,my next step is to try to install ccam on it,im finding the reciever hard going at the moment and its devouring a lot of time but will stick at it a while yet and stumble my way there,thanks for the help