PDA

View Full Version : Any Kaspersky Pure users out there?

Sicilian
12-08-12, 21:48
I've been given a free 3pc/1year Kaspersky Pure license, anyone out there using it? If so how do you find it? Is it one of those security proggys that just locks everything down? Or is it user friendly?

twol
13-08-12, 12:10
I've been given a free 3pc/1year Kaspersky Pure license, anyone out there using it? If so how do you find it? Is it one of those security proggys that just locks everything down? Or is it user friendly?
In my view (and here in germany it appears to be a "standard"), it is the most non-user friendly, lock in piece of software I know. Last year, I had to try removing it from a friends PC, and ended up having to use a special routine from Kasperky (but you have to dig deep to find it) to remove all the hooks - a simple uninstall will not usually do it and then prevents an alternative being installed.

They are great at the PR, but pretty ruthless.

Larry-G
13-08-12, 13:53
like all big AV companies for a number of years before they made it big kaspersky were the best going, but now there getting more and more bloated and as a result i no longer use it even though i get a free code from barclay's each year.

pooface
13-08-12, 14:19
Have pretty much same opinion as Phoenix on this one... Imo. I would recommend eset nod32 if you were looking for a new about at present...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
13-08-12, 15:12
Thanks for the replies guys, think I'll just stock with the free windows A/V.

Larry-G
13-08-12, 15:41
Thanks for the replies guys, think I'll just stock with the free windows A/V.

That's exactly what I use and have for the last 2 year's

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sicilian
13-08-12, 15:57
That's exactly what I use and have for the last 2 year's

i have done too, only reason looked at Kaspersky pure is becuase I got a free licence, dont think I'll bother with it now.

Larry-G
13-08-12, 16:02
i have done too, only reason looked at Kaspersky pure is becuase I got a free licence, dont think I'll bother with it now.

I usually palm my licence off to a mate in trade for shotgun shells. He loves kaspersky and I get a sleeve of ammo out of it, not a bad trade if you ask me.