PDA

View Full Version : UK ticket-holder wins record 190 million euro lottery

bassethound
11-08-12, 11:14
A ticket-holder in Britain has won a record 190 million euros (£149 million, $234 million) in the EuroMillions lottery, officials announced on Friday.

The winner, whose identity is not yet known, beats the Scottish couple who became Europe's biggest ever lottery winners in July last year when they scooped 185 million euros.

But the euro conversion rate means the prize is worth less in pounds than the £161 million won by Scots Colin and Chris Weir.

"Lady Luck is clearly shining down on the UK once again with another big EuroMillions win this year -- the seventh jackpot to be won so far in 2012," said a spokesman for Britain's National Lottery.

"We have plenty of champagne on ice and look forward to welcoming the lucky ticket-holder into the National Lottery millionaires' club."

The winning main EuroMillions numbers were 50, 21, 17, 48 and 11, and the Lucky Star numbers were 09 and 10. The mysterious winner had a one in 116,531,800 chance of holding the lucky numbers.

With the £148,656,000 prize, the winner could now afford to splash out on 4.5 tons of gold, 700 of Ferrari's top F12 Berlinetta sports cars, or their very own Airbus A350-800.

The EuroMillions lottery, launched in 2004, is now played by nine countries across western Europe: Austria, Belgium, Britain, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.

Five of the top ten jackpots in the history of EuroMillions have been British. An increasing number of British punters tend to take part when the jackpot is particularly large.

On Friday, 14 people across Europe selected six correct numbers, and will win more than 2,641,000 euros each.

Stanman
11-08-12, 11:31
It wasn't me:(:eek:

Maxwell
11-08-12, 12:01
Nor me I got £2.60 :mad: I will bet that it wasn't Pheonix either after the week he has had :eek:

bassethound
11-08-12, 12:16
me nether out of 5 tickets i got one correct number :fart2:

pooface
11-08-12, 13:05
My Little one went in shop yesterday to collect a £3 scratch card that his gran gave him. So, we got him to buy a lucky dip for last night, and he kept the change. Ended up winning £2.90! So got him to put one on for tonight too... Gotta hope! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

xcase
12-08-12, 00:15
I was thinking about it but *** how will you spend it all when the interest alone will keep you happy.....:eek:

Stanman
12-08-12, 09:01
I was thinking about it but *** how will you spend it all when the interest alone will keep you happy.....:eek:

That would be a lovely dilemma to have:D

dee1979
12-08-12, 17:03
Congrats to whoever won it, but it's a sick amount of money to give to someone why don't they split it up & have a few draws...

Mr. Mister
12-08-12, 18:09
Tell you what.. It sure would be fun trying to spend it.. lmao..

You would get roughly 150k per week in interest.. for the rest of your life and beyond..

So you buy your ferrari at 150k in week 1 and the next week you have your money back.. lmao..

Week 2.. you buy your bentley.. Following week you got that 150k bac k again in interest..

Week 3.. you buy the best round the world travel ticket money can buy.. Cost.. 250k.. That takes 6 weeks plus.. By the time you come home again.. Their is another cool 1million in your bank account..

It sure would be fun just trying to keep your cash at 150 million.. No more.. No less..

Its a problem i would love to have a go at..

pooface
12-08-12, 18:43
Yup, would be good trying... Another game I'd love to play, is give each family member a million pounds, and see what they spend it on, and who of them is the happiest with what they bought a further 6 months down the line. That, of course, is if they're still talking to you after 6 months since you "only gave them £1m when you could have given us 10 times that and wouldn't have dented your pocket" lol. Could imagine a lot of ungrateful family members, lol

Mr. Mister
12-08-12, 18:49
Yep.. Defo pooface.. I know for a fact that thats exactly the way my family would be.. lol..

Getting to the point that dee made.. Is it really too m uch money for 1 person.. ???

I think it all depends on your attitude to life.. If your a pretty sensible kinda person.. You would be fine with this kinda money..

If your a physio.. Well.. You prolly shouldnt have that amount of cash.. As all you will do is cause havoc to other peoples lives..

dee1979
12-08-12, 20:12
^^^^^^^^ so true m8

I'm a sensible person but i think with this amount of money i would go f###in NUTS... hehehehe...

Mr. Mister
12-08-12, 20:19
i think with this amount of money i would go f###in NUTS... hehehehe...

me and you both.. lmao