PDA

View Full Version : Does VU+Ultimo support C-Band Frequencies Programming ?

al_madhi
11-08-12, 10:40
Hi. ppl , I find it difficult to programm C-Band frequencies satellites using Simple Mode Automatic Scan the only way to program c-band frequencies using Advance mode and programm c-band frequencie Manually by plug -in all parameters- Frequency - Simple rate - Polarity - FEC for each frequency and some time it work and sometime does not work Please advice what the best way to program C-Band frequencies satellites ?

A.M.AL-MADHI

Huevos
11-08-12, 18:24
What image are you using? If it is VIX just load the latest satellites.xml (into /etc/tuxbox) and then do a manual scan. Make sure you are on the right tuner for your c-band dish, and select single sat scan.

al_madhi
12-08-12, 09:55
What image are you using? If it is VIX just load the latest satellites.xml (into /etc/tuxbox) and then do a manual scan. Make sure you are on the right tuner for your c-band dish, and select single sat scan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Huevos for reply and help

What do you mean by ( image ) I just purchased this brand new receiver ( VU+Ultimo ) and I do not know whether it is VIX or not . I did not touch the receiver and I did not patch it by any software programmes
Only I need to programme it as it is new with c-band frequencies that is all , Please elaborate more on your respond regarding programme it as new receiver with c-band frequencies

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Larry-G
12-08-12, 10:03
The image is the GUI or graphical user interface for the Enigma 2 operating system that runs on the receiver, such as BH = black hole, ViX, PLI, AAF and many others.

usually when you power the receiver on you will see the name of the image team on the splash screens and bootscreens or try going to

menu> information> about.

Huevos
12-08-12, 16:06
Only I need to programme it as it is new with c-band frequencies that is all , Please elaborate more on your respond regarding programme it as new receiver with c-band frequenciesI'm not sure if the original image contains c-band transponders/satellites in satellites.xml, but for sure it doesn't allow you to blindscan them.

If you load the latest VIX image all your problems with c-band should be solved.

al_madhi
14-08-12, 10:08
The image is the GUI or graphical user interface for the Enigma 2 operating system that runs on the receiver, such as BH = black hole, ViX, PLI, AAF and many others.

usually when you power the receiver on you will see the name of the image team on the splash screens and bootscreens or try going to

menu> information> about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Pheonix for reply and help

I followed your instruction below

menu> information> about

And that is what I got shown below :-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version : DEC 27 2011 - vuplus-experimental

Image : Experimental 2011 -12-27

Frontprocessor Version : 0
------------------------------------------------------

Can you explain what does that mean ?

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Huevos
14-08-12, 10:22
Can you explain what does that mean ?It's the original image and it is 8 months out of date. This means it doesn't have any of the corrections in the latest drivers. Also, the transponder/satellite list is going to well out of date. And you are not going to have the c-band scanning features that you are looking for.

Download the latest VIX image and flash your receiver with that. You can get the latest version here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BUltimo/&file=ViX-2.4.213-vuultimo_usb.zip).

Instructions how to load the image on your Ultimo are here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14123-HowTo-updating-image-Vu-Ultimo).