PDA

View Full Version : Maximum no. of simulaneous recordings?

Alan Pee
11-08-12, 10:03
What's the maximum no. of simultaneous recordings from different TPs I can do on the Ultimo? I have 3 dvb s2 tunuers and two cables (usals to tuner A and second cable of motorized to B while looping C through B). Most of the time after setting two recordings, when I try to do a third it says there is no available tuner and then when I try to watch a different channel, most of the channels are greyed. I use BH 176.

Larry-G
11-08-12, 10:18
Thats because the third tuner is getting its feed looped through which will only allow you to record / watch from the same transponder as the second tuner. you ideally need all tuners to have their own independent feed's.

as to the question you should be able to record from 3 separate / independent transponders if all 3 tuners have their own feeds, then a further 3 or more recording's per tuner but those will be limited to the same transponders as those already being used by the other tuners.

Rob van der Does
11-08-12, 11:02
usals to tuner A and second cable of motorized to B while looping C through B
This settings of course limits your flexibility very much:
1- All channels must always be from the same satellite;
2- Tuner C can only receive transponders in the same 'quadrant' (same polarity and same frequency band) as tuner B is tuned to.

Best advise is to invest in a (fixed) dish (possibly with more than 1 dual-LNB) to connect to tuners B & C.

Alan Pee
11-08-12, 21:37
Thanks, I will be exploring the fixed dish+multiple lnbs option.