PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Help with VU+ Duo

rhunton
09-08-12, 21:38
Hello,
I got a VU+ Duo delivered at the start of the week and up to now I'm not impressed at all.

I have updated to the latest VIX image and run all the updates.

I've configured the tuners into Single / simple mode but all I get are the messages "Tune Failed!" or "service unavailable check tuner configuration"

I'm trying to pick up Eutelsat 16°, I can pick the channels up on my Spiderbox 9900HD and Technomate 1000d fine but this box will just not work.

I've done a scan and it finds 540 channels but just won't display a picture.

I've been going around in circles and its driving me insane.

Can someone tell me is my box faulty?

Cheers

Rob

Mr. Mister
09-08-12, 22:03
Hi..

Are you using usals.. ?

If yes.. then try and change your longitude.. If your longitude is eg.. 52.000..

Then change it to 50.000 and try that.. In other words.. Come down 2 full degrees..

If thats no better.. then step it up to 50.200 and try again.. stepping it up 0.200 everytime..

I also had this problem with 16E.. and once i found the correct longitude.. all has been perfect from there on.. om all satellites..

Larry-G
09-08-12, 22:14
also make sure your using a upto date satellites.xml file.

How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270)

Stanman
10-08-12, 22:25
post up a screen dump of your tuner configuration and also send across to the box one of the multi sat channel list in the Enigma 2 forum.

Tutorial on how to send channe list to box in my signature

zappahey
13-08-12, 08:55
Tutorial on how to send channe list to box in my signature

If you mean the "Updating Channels" link, it looks like it's pointing to the wrong place.

Larry-G
13-08-12, 09:04
The tutorial has since been moved hence the broken link, here is a working link to it.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way

eigh8plus
13-08-12, 12:16
The tutorial has since been moved hence the broken link, here is a working link to it.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3836-How-to-update-channels-on-DUO-SOLO-using-DBEdit-the-easy-way

Thanks phoenix for the link,i really grabbed something new.
How on earth do i make my picons visible on the DBEdit? Do they not show on windows vista,....just couldn't get them to display.
Please help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Stanman
13-08-12, 20:08
go into advance TAB and browse to the directory on your desktop where you have the picons stored

eigh8plus
13-08-12, 21:01
go into advance TAB and browse to the directory on your desktop where you have the picons stored

Did you mean Setting>Advanced?
I didn't find anything for picon there.
Or is it setting>picon?

Stanman
13-08-12, 21:17
My mistake, its settings icon and than picon tab

judge
13-08-12, 21:24
Launch dreamboxedit & It's then Tools -> Options - Picon tab.
You can set your default path there.

eigh8plus
14-08-12, 06:18
Launch dreamboxedit & It's then Tools -> Options - Picon tab.
You can set your default path there.

I think i did that but for whatever reason,the picons won't display on the DBEdit.Is there a recommended path on the pc where i should save the picons and then set it as default path?
Thanks for the help.

judge
14-08-12, 10:24
No, any path as long as it's correct should work there.

eigh8plus
14-08-12, 11:24
No, any path as long as it's correct should work there.

Well I'll still play around it and see how it goes...thanks for your input..