PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo password

buz
03-09-10, 10:03
Hi

I have just reinstalled windows and forgot to make a note of my dreambox control centre password.
I thought i could just reinstall dcc and reset the password like i did originally via telenet passwd command.
Is there a way to view the password on my tv via the vuduo or does anyone know how i cam reset it so i can edit cccam etc

andyblac
03-09-10, 10:25
have you tried the password plugin, not tried myself but it's worth a go. if you can't find it in the feeds, lets me know and i build it and upload for you.

buz
03-09-10, 11:16
Thanks for reply. Can't find in plugins list. Could you explain where to find

bobonthejob
03-09-10, 11:34
Did you change the password? If you have...then id try guessing the password. :D

If you havent then the password is either blank (nothing) or dreambox.

Blank and dreambox are the fefault passwords (Depends on what image u are using.)

Havent heard of anyone who has got past this pther thatn just reflashing the box.

andyblac
03-09-10, 12:09
give this ago,

pooface
03-09-10, 15:44
give this ago,

If he can't ftp/telnet in to the box, then he's a bit scuppered isn't he?! As no way to install it (would need to be installed by plugins feed).

Also, what would happen if you had a file manager on the box (assuming the file manager allows you to delete files?!), and deleted the passwd and shadow files?! Would the password be blank still!? Or would it then be a lost cause and need a total reflash?!

jusaju
03-09-10, 15:55
Hi
This should be also to usb stick.But anyway.Flashing again will take a moment.So during this time could have testet all images for duo...more than one time:)

Vu + Duo Tools & Manuals

Dreambox Password cracker/resetter Enigma2

Quote:
password cracker / resetter (John Plugin by Gutemine)

copy the IPK to a usb stick, usb stick put in 800 and do a manual install

select the "john" plugin from the plugins list and then press the Yellow button to clear the root password.

buz
03-09-10, 21:57
Thanks for help. In end bit the bullet and reflashed

eddiq
17-10-10, 17:32
you need to get a password plugin, get this by press
menu\setup\software management\advanced options\pocket management\ (and than scroal down to) enigma2-plugin-extension-passwordchanger then reload
after install and reboot you should be able te reset the password

willie
14-03-11, 22:53
hey ppl.iv had dis password problem da last 2 weeks and only just this minute did i figure out the problem.in plugins/webinterface all my authentications wer set on yes,i just wsitched em to no.bobs my uncle,such a stupid lil $%£" of a thing,thanks to all who helped me