PDA

View Full Version : MODIFIED - ViX Night HD Skin

Etk
07-08-12, 10:23
Here's my modded version of the ViX Night Skin, main changes are the EPG colours are now more like the sky ones and the font is different:

The files you need are the modded skin.xml (which goes in usr/share/enigma2/ViX_Night_HD/) and the fonts (ttf files which go in usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD_Common/Fonts/)

Download here: 18424

Etk
07-08-12, 11:26
Not sure if I should try and recolour the channel select screen to bring it into line with the EPG - any thoughts? I've been searching the web for other colour schemes too but not really found much yet so if anyone's got any they like post them up so I can have a look at incorporating them. :thumbsup:

cosie
11-08-12, 16:59
im using this at the mo.thanks m8

jayjayuk
12-08-12, 09:39
I gave this a try, in general it looks ok, but changing the font seems to affect fonts everywhere else and not just this EPG, it's looks bad..... maybe i did something wrong? but i followed the instructions perfectly

Etk
12-08-12, 23:59
I gave this a try, in general it looks ok, but changing the font seems to affect fonts everywhere else and not just this EPG, it's looks bad..... maybe i did something wrong? but i followed the instructions perfectly

Hi Jay

I've changed the font system-wide as I prefer it to the standard one. Seems to work with the other settings I've got but might not be so good if you've got things set differently. Any examples or screenshots of the stuff that doesn't look great?

dalep
13-08-12, 00:57
I agree, this fonts looks very tidy, where it doesnt fit too well is the single EPG bar (using the + - channel buttons), the clock, text along the bottom.

HTH

Dale

judge
13-08-12, 01:06
New VIX EPG supports background graphics, so no need in editing xml files. Just overwrite background graphics with new graphics/colours if you want a new look.
Will be out any day soon...

Rob van der Does
13-08-12, 06:13
New VIX EPG supports background graphics, so no need in editing xml files. Just overwrite background graphics with new graphics/colours if you want a new look.
Will be out any day soon...
But the existing options to change all colours will still be there. So users have lots of choices then.

Etk
14-08-12, 00:33
Right, fixed the fonts in the info bars so they should show properly now:

Any other issues people are finding? I'll post the latest files if it's all looking ok now.

judge
14-08-12, 00:39
But the existing options to change all colours will still be there. So users have lots of choices then.
We do, but users playing with a complicated xml file V creating simple graphics as background colours seems an easier option to me.

dfdream
14-08-12, 12:59
ETK, Love what you have done with the skin.
Just wondering if it would be easy to replace the infobar with the second infobar (excluding the program info).
I dont like the simple infobar as it doesnt have Sat Position or SNR that Id like to see all the time.
I dont want to try different skins as Im 100% happy with the rest of it...

Any other issues people are finding? I'll post the latest files if it's all looking ok now.

Alanp
14-08-12, 19:36

Where is the fixed modified files used the ones in post 1 but still have issues in the info bar Thanks

dalep
14-08-12, 22:03
Install the plugin, software management, the text doesn't fit in the boxes anymore, can you put the files up so we can test for you

Thanks

dfdream
15-08-12, 08:35
Can you upload a screen shot to see if I have the same issue...

Ta

Install the plugin, software management, the text doesn't fit in the boxes anymore, can you put the files up so we can test for you

Thanks

Etk
17-08-12, 08:39
Here's the latest version of the skin.xml file, just needs to be copied into the Vix Night HD directory. I'll have a look at the new 3.0 image after the weekend and see where to go next...

@dfdream, is it just the sat info and SNR/AGC that you want in the 1stinfobar?

Rob van der Does
17-08-12, 11:35
Here's the latest version of the skin.xml file, just needs to be copied into the Vix Night HD directory. I'll have a look at the new 3.0 image after the weekend and see where to go next..
that is not a wise thing to do, as it will be overwritten on every image update.

Just rename the file to skin_user.xml and locate it in etc/enigma2
That way it will never be overwritten, and even be backed up by a settings backup.

scwheeler
02-09-12, 23:00
Sorry very new to VIX and VU+ please can someone tell me why my epg looks like this and what I can do about it - I'm on 3.0 (in case this is the issue).

Thanks

judge
02-09-12, 23:04
Sorry very new to VIX and VU+ please can someone tell me why my epg looks like this and what I can do about it - I'm on 3.0 (in case this is the issue).

Thanks

are you looking for the look in the first post?
If so, press EPG, press Menu, set View Mode to Text.

scwheeler
02-09-12, 23:54
Many many thanks Judge - perfect

judge
03-09-12, 00:00
No worries, glad you're sorted.
Graphics is a nice new addition in VIX 3 & I haven't tried the above mod, but I'm all for folks trying new EPG looks & graphics.

captain jack
04-09-12, 16:33
@dfdream, is it just the sat info and SNR/AGC that you want in the 1stinfobar?

I would also like to have this look the same as ViX 2.3 and lower. Just as in attached screenshot but without the EPG text above.

Rob van der Does
04-09-12, 16:35
You ar free to make any changes to the skin you want. Best do that in user_skin.xml, so it will not be overwritten and also be in your settings backup.
Search the forum: you can find several examples of such changes.

Requires some DiY though, but that's what open source boxes are made for :thumbsup:

captain jack
04-09-12, 16:40
Yeah I did that for the 2.4 version but the same skin_user.xml doesn't seem to work in 3.0.

Will play about with that today and post back :)

captain jack
04-09-12, 16:57
Hey guys, what's the element I need to modify in SecondInfoBar "screen" to either reduce the font size or make the ECM appear on the same line as the connection info? At the moment, it cuts it off as you can see from the screenshot.

Rob van der Does
04-09-12, 17:05
Yeah I did that for the 2.4 version but the same skin_user.xml doesn't seem to work in 3.0.
The functionality itself hasn't been changed. Maybe a screenname? Best check if the screenname used in your skin_user.xml are still the same.

Rob van der Does
04-09-12, 17:14
Sorry, I just remembered: the naming has indeed been changed.
It should now be
skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml
i.e. for ViX-Night you would have:
skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml

This allows the use of several user-skins for several skins, and also makes sure that the user-file is only applied to the correct skin.

captain jack
04-09-12, 18:04
Good to know, Rob. I should have been more elaborate - I meant that while the skin_user.xml did take effect, the SNR/AGC etc. weren't showing for some reason.

I'll sort it out with this modified one. Any advice for the question in post #24?

Rob van der Does
04-09-12, 18:25
I'll sort it out with this modified one. Any advice for the question in post #24?
Yes: look in the secondinfobar for all items with 'PliExtraInfo'in it.
But wait for a moment: what you show in your screenshot isn't right at all. Trying to reproduce that myself, so we might find a general solution for that.

Edit: I can't reproduce it. Are you on build 249?

captain jack
04-09-12, 18:30
Well, I am using the fonts supplied by the OP in this thread, so this is probably why. With the normal skin-supplied font, I don't have this issue.

captain jack
04-09-12, 19:09
There we are...

andy2110
24-09-12, 11:08
thanks for the updated epg

how do i change it back to default if the missus doesnt like it :confused::confused:

Larry-G
24-09-12, 11:33
If you used a skin_user.xml and located it in etc/enigma2, just delete this file and reboot the receiver. This will default back to the original skin.xml file.

andy2110
24-09-12, 11:41
even if i overwrote the one that was there?

Larry-G
24-09-12, 11:48
The file named skin_user.xml is a custom file that does not exist by default in the /etc/enigma2/ folder.

It is safe to delete this file but i suspect you may have overwritten the default skin.xml file/ can you confirm the name of the file ?.

fintannl
24-09-12, 14:40
strange, i put the new vix hd night skin into the associated directory by overwriting the skin.xml file and the system cyclical restarted. had to reflash from scratch

Rob van der Does
24-09-12, 15:02
strange, i put the new vix hd night skin into the associated directory by overwriting the skin.xml file and the system cyclical restarted. had to reflash from scratch
The debuglog would have told you what was wrong with the file.
But next time you'll backup your file instead of overwriting it :p

fintannl
24-09-12, 15:33
i think i'll just stick with what i have rob:p. i always liked the snr value being shown in the primary infobar but thats gone now. can't understand why it was changed as it was perfect the way it was:confused:

Larry-G
24-09-12, 15:40
i think i'll just stick with what i have rob:p. i always liked the snr value being shown in the primary infobar but thats gone now. can't understand why it was changed as it was perfect the way it was:confused:

We moved it to the second info bar along with crypto info as we deemed this as non important info that did not need to be shown in displayed first info bar.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

fintannl
24-09-12, 18:35
appreciate the irrelevance of the crypto stuff but i have a motorized setup and snr i always keep an eye on. can i assume it would not be possible to load old version of the hd skin on the new oe 3.0 build?

Rob van der Does
24-09-12, 18:49
Never use an old version. But you can make a simple screen_user.xml; add the infobar to it and change any item you want.

BTW: Why should a motorised setup need extra attention to signal-quality? I use motors an seldom look at the values.

fintannl
24-09-12, 19:25
not going to bore you with motorized probs in this thread. suffice to say whenever I rebuild my system with latitude and longitude its perfect but gradually it seems to degrade:confused:. That aside could you please describe the steps to include the second infobar into the primary infobar. While it may hold too much information it is better than having too little information

Rob van der Does
24-09-12, 20:01
I would copy the whole infobar from the skin. And you could delete the date/time from it and insert the signal-widgets from the SecondInfoBar

fintannl
24-09-12, 20:38
rob, ain't no xml designer. if i double click the 'ok' button on the remote control and remove the description of the program then i have all the date and time info plus the signal strength information. could you explain what changes i need to do to skin.xml to achieve this

Rob van der Does
24-09-12, 21:00
OK, I'll see what I can do for you.
You're using ViX-HD night, and willing to swap date/time for signal info, right?

fintannl
24-09-12, 21:49
now rob i don't want to push my luck but would love to see all the information on the second 'ok' other than the program description:). as you can see in that view you get both the snr and time and date. and i do like the time element as it allows me to tell the kids its time to go to bed:)

fintannl
24-09-12, 22:05
and i do argue the point that the vu box as a linux box means that it is directed at a moderately limited audience rather than a main-steam set-top box. As such it will not reside in most homes and the homes it does reside in, these folk tend to like to view performance metrics!!!

Rob van der Does
24-09-12, 22:29
I have bad news: I've been struggling for an hour and a half, but for some reason I can't get grip on it. Andy made this skin more complicated than I'm capable of modding.
Sorry!

judge
24-09-12, 22:48
fintannl, Rob...

rob, ain't no xml designer. if i double click the 'ok' button on the remote control and remove the description of the program then i have all the date and time info plus the signal strength information. could you explain what changes i need to do to skin.xml to achieve this

If you look at the skin.xml file, the lines you're looking for are

<eLabel text="SNR" position="812,258" size="50,22" font="Regular;18" foregroundColor="infobar_sunken_frgnd_dark" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" halign="right" noWrap="1" />
<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="870,258" size="80,22" font="Bold;18" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNR</convert>
</widget>
<eLabel text="AGC" position="812,281" size="50,22" font="Regular;18" foregroundColor="infobar_sunken_frgnd_dark" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" halign="right" noWrap="1" />
<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="870,281" size="80,22" font="Bold;18" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">AGC</convert>
</widget>

fintannl, however any changes you make here will be overwritten on an update, so best to do as Rob suggests & create a screen_user.xml.

If you want to edit the skin.xml, this screen should do all your requests

<screen name="InfoBar" flags="wfNoBorder" position="center,e-158" size="974,148" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">
<ePixmap position="0,0" size="974,148" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/1stinfobar.png" alphatest="on" zPosition="-1"/>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="44,6" size="625,34" font="Boldit;30" foregroundColor="infobar_service_frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar-bkgrnd" transparent="1" valign="top" halign="left" noWrap="1">
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_update_off.png" position="689,12" size="20,20" zPosition="0" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="global.OnlineStableUpdateState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/icons/icon_stableupdate.png" position="689,12" size="20,20" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend" >
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide">Blink</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.OnlineUnstableUpdateState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/icons/icon_unstableupdate.png" position="689,12" size="20,20" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend" >
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_rec_off.png" position="713,13" size="31,17" zPosition="0" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_rec.png" position="713,13" size="31,17" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend">
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/ico_hbbtv_off.png" position="747,12" size="46,17" zPosition="0" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/ico_hbbtv_on.png" position="747,12" size="46,17" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">HasHBBTV</convert>
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_hd_off.png" position="797,11" size="29,20" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_hd_on.png" position="797,11" size="29,20" zPosition="2" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">VideoWidth</convert>
<convert type="ValueRange">721,1980</convert>
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_format_off.png" position="830,14" zPosition="0" size="28,15" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_format.png" position="830,14" size="28,15" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsWidescreen</convert>
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_dolby_off.png" position="864,14" zPosition="0" size="25,15" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_dolby.png" position="864,14" size="25,15" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsMultichannel</convert>
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_crypt_off.png" position="894,14" zPosition="0" size="11,15" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_crypt.png" position="894,14" size="11,15" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsCrypted</convert>
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_txt_off.png" position="910,14" zPosition="0" size="18,15" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/icons/icon_txt.png" position="910,14" size="18,15" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">HasTelext</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="825,42" zPosition="1" size="59,20" font="Regular;21" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar-bkgrnd" transparent="1" noWrap="1" halign="right" valign="top">
<convert type="ClockToText">Format:%H:%M</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="885,45" zPosition="1" size="35,18" font="Regular;17" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar-bkgrnd" transparent="1" noWrap="1" valign="top">
<convert type="ClockToText">Format::%S</convert>
</widget>
<eLabel text="SNR" position="817,67" size="50,22" font="Regular;18" foregroundColor="infobar_sunken_frgnd_dark" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" halign="right" noWrap="1" />
<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="877,67" size="80,22" font="Bold;18" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">SNR</convert>
</widget>
<eLabel text="AGC" position="817,89" size="50,22" font="Regular;18" foregroundColor="infobar_sunken_frgnd_dark" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" halign="right" noWrap="1" />
<widget source="session.FrontendStatus" render="Label" position="877,89" size="80,22" font="Bold;18" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" noWrap="1">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">AGC</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="PiconBg" position="43,44" size="102,62" transparent="0" alphatest="blend" />
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Picon" position="44,46" size="100,60" transparent="0" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Progress" position="153,40" size="647,35" pixmap="ViX_Night_HD/infobareventprogress.png" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" zPosition="0" alphatest="blend" >
<convert type="EventTime">Progress</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="175,40" size="70,35" font="Regular;22" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" noWrap="1" valign="center">
<convert type="EventTime">StartTime</convert>
<convert type="ClockToText">Default</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="245,40" size="430,35" font="Regular;22" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" valign="center">
<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="590,40" size="200,35" font="Regular;22" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" halign="right" transparent="1" noWrap="1" valign="center">
<convert type="EventTime">Remaining</convert>
<convert type="RemainingToText">InMinutes</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Next" render="Label" position="175,75" size="70,35" font="Regular;22" foregroundColor="infobar_sunken_frgnd_dark" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" noWrap="1" valign="center">
<convert type="EventTime">StartTime</convert>
<convert type="ClockToText">Default</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Next" render="Label" position="245,75" size="430,35" font="Regular;22" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="infobar_sunken_frgnd_dark" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" transparent="1" valign="center">
<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Next" render="Label" position="690,75" size="100,35" font="Regular;22" foregroundColor="infobar_sunken_frgnd_dark" backgroundColor="infobar_sunken" halign="right" transparent="1" noWrap="1" valign="center">
<convert type="EventTime">Duration</convert>
<convert type="ClockToText">InMinutes</convert>
</widget>
<eLabel text="Tuner" position="830,118" size="60,20" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" transparent="1" />
<widget source="session.TunerInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="A" position="888,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="infobar_tuner_rec" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="1" transparent="1">
<convert type="TunerInfo">TunerUseMask</convert>
<convert type="ValueBitTest">1</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.TunerInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="B" position="901,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="infobar_tuner_rec" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="1" transparent="1">
<convert type="ValueBitTest">2</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.TunerInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="C" position="914,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="infobar_tuner_rec" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="1" transparent="1">
<convert type="ValueBitTest">4</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.TunerInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="D" position="927,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="infobar_tuner_rec" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="1" transparent="1">
<convert type="ValueBitTest">8</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.FrontendInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="A" position="888,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="2" transparent="1">
<convert type="FrontendInfo">NUMBER</convert>
<convert type="ValueRange">0,0</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.FrontendInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="B" position="901,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="2" transparent="1">
<convert type="ValueRange">1,1</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.FrontendInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="C" position="914,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="2" transparent="1">
<convert type="ValueRange">2,2</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.FrontendInfo" render="FixedLabel" text="D" position="927,118" size="14,20" font="Bold;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="center" zPosition="2" transparent="1">
<convert type="ValueRange">3,3</convert>
</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/buttons/red.png" position="60,118" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<widget name="key_red" position="95,118" size="130,25" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="left" transparent="1" zPosition="1" />
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/buttons/green.png" position="250,118" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<widget name="key_green" position="285,118" size="130,25" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="left" transparent="1" zPosition="1" />
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/buttons/yellow.png" position="440,118" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<widget name="key_yellow" position="475,118" size="130,25" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="left" transparent="1" zPosition="1" />
<ePixmap pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/buttons/blue.png" position="630,118" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<widget name="key_blue" position="665,118" size="150,25" font="Regular;20" foregroundColor="menu-buttons-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar_collab_back" halign="left" transparent="1" zPosition="1"/>
</screen>

However Rob will tell you best what to name it if you want to go down the better screen_user.xml route.
I'm not sure what the filename should be as it's now skin & screen dependent.
Also the paths for the graphics would need to be changed as the new file isn't in the same directory as the current skin.xml.
Rob should have you sorted soon.

judge
24-09-12, 23:00
Rob, you know I'm a shit head about pixels being out, so if you update this thread, when you get the chance to fix any pixels in the above screen, please do.

fintannl
24-09-12, 23:36
thanks for advice, did suggested changes and bright side is that the system did come back. bad news is i still have the same view as before

judge
25-09-12, 00:03
thanks for advice, did suggested changes and bright side is that the system did come back. bad news is i still have the same view as before

Not sure what you mean by this, please explain further.

fintannl
25-09-12, 00:25
searched for the lines you suggested in skin.xml file, replaced them with suggested lines and saved them then rebooted the box. no change to look when i press the ok button on remote control

Rob van der Does
25-09-12, 07:02
Never change the skin.xml, as it is a system-file and changes will get lost on updating the box.
You can add a screen to skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml in etc/enigma2 and that screen takes precedence over the screen in the skin.xml

A suggestion: although not exactly what you want, you can copy the whole screen named 'secondinfobar' to that user-file, and rename it as 'infobar'. That way the infobar will be the same as the secondinfobar.

fintannl
25-09-12, 20:26
eeks, now i have no snr showing on either info bars. darn

fintannl
25-09-12, 20:27
sorry rob, let me clarify, with the suggested changes from judge i have no snr showing on either infobar. i have yet to put your suggestion into action

judge
25-09-12, 20:32
sorry rob, let me clarify, with the suggested changes from judge i have no snr showing on either infobar. i have yet to put your suggestion into action

The xml above only adds that info to the first infobar.
If it's not now showing on your secondinfobar, you've done something else wrong.

fintannl
25-09-12, 21:04
judge, replaced suggested lines in xml file. wasn't that difficult. i'm just describing he outcome. snr, as per the recent Night skin is not available via the first info bar and with the changes made snr/agc is no longer available on the first or second info bar. first info bar remains the same while second info bar is now without snr/agc info

judge
25-09-12, 21:06
I'll have a look again in an hour or two, presume you're using the default VIX night skin?

fintannl
25-09-12, 21:20
yes it is the standard vix night hd skin on the oe3.0 release

judge
25-09-12, 21:50
yes it is the standard vix night hd skin on the oe3.0 release

I just tested the above screen & it works as expected (shows time, snr & agc on first infobar), so not sure where you went wrong.
Attached is full modified skin.xml with only the above screen changed.
However as Rob has said, this is not the recommended way to do it as it will be overwritten on any updates.
You should add the screen to a skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml file & update image paths to suit.

Also note, the above skin.xml is for the 318 build.

fintannl
26-09-12, 15:17
obviously my fault as when i load this skin all is good. many thanks judge

Moo
14-01-13, 14:52
hi....

Sorry if I'm being an idiot but how exactly do I get my skin to have the sky like blue colour scheme seen in the first post?

I tried the various skin.xml and skin_user files and I can see the font changes but no colour changes. Does this have to be done manually in the xml file?

hilly
14-01-13, 16:56
hi....

Sorry if I'm being an idiot but how exactly do I get my skin to have the sky like blue colour scheme seen in the first post?

I tried the various skin.xml and skin_user files and I can see the font changes but no colour changes. Does this have to be done manually in the xml file?

i tried this once and the box just wouldnt restart so had to re flash.Step by step would be great,although this thread is quite old so dont know if this can still be done with the update vix.

Moo
14-01-13, 17:37
i tried this once and the box just wouldnt restart so had to re flash.Step by step would be great,although this thread is quite old so dont know if this can still be done with the update vix.

I think it can, I added the files with vix 3.0 and it seems to work, just the hex colour codes in the xml are the normal black / grey colour scheme:

<color name="infobar-frgrnd" value="#00b3b3b3" /> grey
<color name="infobar-bkgrnd" value="#12151515" /> black

If I had the time I could fiddle with it and change the colours myself probably but if someone else has already done it.....

Smurf786
18-03-13, 23:30
I just tested the above screen & it works as expected (shows time, snr & agc on first infobar), so not sure where you went wrong.
Attached is full modified skin.xml with only the above screen changed.
However as Rob has said, this is not the recommended way to do it as it will be overwritten on any updates.
You should add the screen to a skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml file & update image paths to suit.

Also note, the above skin.xml is for the 318 build.

I have a solo2 with vix 3.0 build 632 can i use this skin on this build.
I have original vix night hd skin but i dont have snr or server info which is a shame since i love this skin. Thanks

judge
18-03-13, 23:55
I have a solo2 with vix 3.0 build 632 can i use this skin on this build.
I have original vix night hd skin but i dont have snr or server info which is a shame since i love this skin. Thanks

I doubt it a there have been serious skin changes since this was done.
It should be just as easy though to make the changes using the current default skin.

Smurf786
19-03-13, 01:22
I doubt it a there have been serious skin changes since this was done.
It should be just as easy though to make the changes using the current default skin.
Thanks for the quick response how can i add the the SNR and server info with ecm onto the default skin?? I'm sorry im a newbie when it comes to this.

Thanks

judge
19-03-13, 01:32
Thanks for the quick response how can i add the the SNR and server info with ecm onto the default skin?? I'm sorry im a newbie when it comes to this.

Thanks

It is included on the default skin, Menu -> Setup -> System -> User Interface -> Settings -> Show second infobar = No Timeout or number of seconds.
It's shown then on second OK button press.

Smurf786
20-03-13, 18:50
Thanks judge that worked spot on. Just what I needed. Here I was thinking I needed to change the skin. Lol

entourage2111
14-04-13, 02:23
Hi guys, can someone please help me I'm desperate. Basically I'm on Vix 3.0 and all I want is a way to have my epg colours like the one on the first post of this thread? Is there any way to do this on Vix 3.0. I'm trying to follow through this thread but no luck. So can someone please create one with instructions for Vix 3.0? I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure many others would too.

Regards

mickyblueys
14-04-13, 14:40
Hi guys, can someone please help me I'm desperate. Basically I'm on Vix 3.0 and all I want is a way to have my epg colours like the one on the first post of this thread? Is there any way to do this on Vix 3.0. I'm trying to follow through this thread but no luck. So can someone please create one with instructions for Vix 3.0? I would greatly appreciate it, as I'm sure many others would too.

Regards

It tells you what to do in post #1.

Download the link then ftp the relevant files in to the correct folder paths.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ch4ni
30-04-13, 15:47
Is there any chance of updating the standard ViX night HD skin to include the channel number on the info bar? Also is there anyway to get the channel number displayed on the front of the box as well liked it used to be?

mickyblueys
30-04-13, 19:10
Is there any chance of updating the standard ViX night HD skin to include the channel number on the info bar? Also is there anyway to get the channel number displayed on the front of the box as well liked it used to be?

I use standard vix night skin and have both of these features already, on vix build 656 using lraizer auto bouquet plugin. So nothing has changed as far as I can see.

Ch4ni
06-05-13, 22:11
I use standard vix night skin and have both of these features already, on vix build 656 using lraizer auto bouquet plugin. So nothing has changed as far as I can see.

I am using build 658 and using the built-in auto bouquet maker from service searching menu and i do not get channel number displayed on the info bar or on LCD display of the vu+ Duo. Where can I get this lraizer that is able to display the channel numbers as well?

Rob van der Does
07-05-13, 06:26
Displaying channelnumbers is done by the skin, not by a bouquet creator.
At present I don't see any channelnumbers in the infobar using ViX-Night, but using Magic (HD etc) they are there.
In the channellist channelnumber can be made visible via the context menu.

Ch4ni
07-05-13, 12:35
At present I don't see any channelnumbers in the infobar using ViX-Night, but using Magic (HD etc) they are there.

Understand this is part of the skin I have tried a number of skins and don't like any of them, really would prefer if the standard skin could be updated to include the channel numbers as well. Where and to whom can I request this feature?

mickyblueys
09-05-13, 15:00

This is where you are partially wrong, as said earlier lraizer ab plugin generates channel numbers in info bar, and I'm using default vix night skin.

Rob van der Does
09-05-13, 15:12
This is where you are partially wrong, as said earlier lraizer ab plugin generates channel numbers in info bar, and I'm using default vix night skin.
Nope, sorry, but that's not possible.
The infobar displays channelnumbers (as it does in Magic-HD) or not (as is the case with ViX-HD-Day/Night. A plugin can't change a skin; especially not a plugin that only generates bouquets.
If in ViX-HD skins channelnumber are being displayed, that can only be because the numbers are a part of the name of the channel.

mickyblueys
09-05-13, 15:53
it doesn't matter whether the numbers are part of the channel name, "you are trying to split hairs." The question which got asked in a couple of threads was whether you could display the channel numbers in the info bar, and using lraizer ab you can have this feature turned on or off, depending on you're preference.

judge
09-05-13, 15:54
That's changing the channel name rather than displaying channel numbers though.

Larry-G
09-05-13, 15:57
it doesn't matter whether the numbers are part of the channel name, "you are trying to split hairs." The question which got asked in a couple of threads was whether you could display the channel numbers in the info bar, and using lraizer ab you can have this feature turned on or off, depending on you're preference.

yes but that point is that it simply renames the channel name to include the number.

mickyblueys
09-05-13, 16:02
as I said earlier that doesn't matter. It answers the question posted by ch4ni earlier and in another thread. That you don't need skin change there is a bouquet plugin that already gives the channel number in the info bar and the vfd, exactly what he was asking. I'm not bothered how it does it, ...............It just does it.

Rob van der Does
09-05-13, 16:09
it doesn't matter whether the numbers are part of the channel name, "you are trying to split hairs."
Nope, that's not splitting hairs: you simply don't get the point.

That's changing the channel name rather than displaying channel numbers though.
That's what I mean; renaming channels and displaying channel-numbers are two completely different things. As I said: this can be very misleading.

Maybe for someone who only uses the auto-generated bouquet it won't make much difference, but many users will have many more bouquets.

judge
09-05-13, 16:14
Maybe for someone who only uses the auto-generated bouquet it won't make much difference, but many users will have many more bouquets.

It would also make a difference to anyone trying different skins that do display this info as it would then be duplicated.

mickyblueys
09-05-13, 16:16
I completely understand that if you had multiple bouquets it may screw it up.
But that wasn't technically asked.

You can only give a possible solution to what is in fact asked.

And my answer which was given is a solution. If ch4ni decides to use it, well that is up to him.

mickyblueys
09-05-13, 16:27
It would also make a difference to anyone trying different skins that do display this info as it would then be duplicated.

That's why you have the option to turn the feature off, so that it is not duplicated.

Rob van der Does
09-05-13, 16:39
That's why you have the option to turn the feature off, so that it is not duplicated.
There's no such option for the infobar.
And if it was, it would be of no use (as then no numbers at all would show if not embedded in the name).

So my message is: do it properly (i.e. modify the info bar to show real channel numbers) or do it not at all.

mickyblueys
09-05-13, 17:23
No you misunderstand this time, you have the option to turn the number off in the plugin, not the info bar.

Easiest thing.....try the plugin....experience it...then delete it, at least then you can have an accurate opinion on what it can and can't do. Instead of just trying to shoot one possible solution down in flames.
The facts are in my screen shots. One shows channel number with the feature turned on and one doesn't with it turned off.

It has always got to be, you're way or the highway. Is it inbuilt in you or something?

Rob van der Does
09-05-13, 18:16
Naah, no need to try that; that's not what it is about.

mau69
16-05-13, 06:40
Here's my modded version of the ViX Night Skin, main changes are the EPG colours are now more like the sky ones and the font is different:

The files you need are the modded skin.xml (which goes in usr/share/enigma2/ViX_Night_HD/) and the fonts (ttf files which go in usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD_Common/Fonts/)

Hallo,
in my box is not present the folder ViX_HD_Common/Fonts but only Vix-common and in this one there isn't n any folder "fonts".
Any suggestions?
Thanks

skippie
16-05-13, 07:12
there is no download

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

mau69
16-05-13, 09:49
Hallo,
I've insert your skin (not the fonts) but the box rest in booting...
Suggestions?

sigpark
01-06-13, 19:15
Folks,

I have updated this work so that it is compatible with Vix 3. I have created it as skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml to be saved to:

/etc/enigma2 - i.e. skin_user_ViX-Night-HD.xml

The Fonts are to be saved to following folder on Enigma 2 OpenVix 3.x Install: /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Custom (which you need to create) or you can create your own folder, BUT you will need to MOD the attached .XML.

You must set the Graphic EPG "View Mode" option to "Text" from the menu when you are in the Graphic EPG

I have added the bouquetlist functionality also. Hope you like it!

sigpark
01-06-13, 20:45
And of course I should have said...

If you save the skin_user_{name of current skin}.xm file as skin_user_Magic-HD-Noire.xml in folder /etc/enigma2 you will get the EPG for the Magic-HD-Noire skin also, and the same for other generally compatible skins

ALSO please save the fonts folder to /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Custom. Watch the spelling: the folder name is ViX-Custom with sub folder of fonts. Do not go by the folder name in the .rar file that was attached - it was to show the structure only. Follow the instructions, and if you wish "mod" the .xml file for your own folder structure.

Note: OpenViX will hang on start-up if the /usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Custom/fonts folder containing the actual fonts does not exist - just ftp on and fix, and restart your box if you have an issue

Thanks

tariqml
07-11-13, 14:08
Hi this doesn't seams to work on vix 3.0.775 it keeps crashing my box when rebooting

tariqml
25-11-13, 19:46
Hi
I got it working can the channel list others background from black change to blue too

sasho
18-12-13, 10:13
Hi
I got it working can the channel list others background from black change to blue too

how you make It to work and prevented crash at reboot
I ask because I will try to Install on other than Vix Image

AJT
23-12-13, 00:23
be good if this would work and the instructions were a little clearer..no offence to OP

Larry-G
23-12-13, 00:26
be good if this would work and the instructions were a little clearer..no offence to OP

look at the post date, ( 07-08-12, 10:23 ), so much has changed in the ViX skin engine since then that many skins and mods are no longer compatible unless updated to accommodate for these changes.

AJT
23-12-13, 10:59
look at the post date, ( 07-08-12, 10:23 ), so much has changed in the ViX skin engine since then that many skins and mods are no longer compatible unless updated to accommodate for these changes.

thanks yes i sort of figured that.I dont know a great deal about modding and skinning but sure would like a bright EPG.
never mind im sure on will come along.

Larry-G
23-12-13, 11:01
thanks yes i sort of figured that.I dont know a great deal about modding and skinning but sure would like a bright EPG.
never mind im sure on will come along.

Thing is very few people outside of the team actually bother to skin for ViX, not sure why but thats how it goes.

AJT
23-12-13, 23:13
Thing is very few people outside of the team actually bother to skin for ViX, not sure why but thats how it goes.

shame that being its such a good strong image.

Larry-G
23-12-13, 23:27
shame that being its such a good strong image.

I very much agree, we even created a ViX skinners dev section on the forum with the intent of getting like minded skinners working together in one place helping each other and that section is rarely if ever used, not for want of me trying to get people to use it.

sasho
07-01-14, 19:58

can I use this skin on Dreambox E2 OpenAtv Image

zafeer
17-02-14, 19:22
Hi I am new to all this. I have been trying to resize the info bar to make it a little bit bigger so I can add shd picons (220x132). Currently the skin displays hd picons (100x60). I do prefer them to be a bit bigger. Ocram does shd picons which do look awesome. I have attached a screenshot of what I am trying to do. Hope someone can help me out :-)

ismailbmw
17-02-14, 20:57
Hello, for me the vix magic night HD theme is one I go for everytime. I do like to change the theme but alway go back to the Vix Magic Night HD. It is very elegant in my opinion.
For picons I use Ocram SHD transparent white with no padding.

zafeer
18-02-14, 19:01
I use the same picons but they get scaled down to 100x60. I really like the Vix Night HD skin, it looks simple and very clean. I just want the picon to be bigger in the skin. Ocram SHD transparent white with no padding would look awesome.

Larry-G
18-02-14, 19:08
I use the same picons but they get scaled down to 100x60. I really like the Vix Night HD skin, it looks simple and very clean. I just want the picon to be bigger in the skin. Ocram SHD transparent white with no padding would look awesome.

we have a built in scaler in the skin that auto scales picons to the correct size for our skins, you would need to edit or disable this but i'm not sure how to go about that or if it's even possible.

zafeer
19-02-14, 23:25
Thanks pheonix. Do you know if future builds will support shd picons and not scale them down.

Larry-G
19-02-14, 23:36
The scaler is still present in the successor to ViX 3.0 again i'm not sure it it can be disabled easily if at all.

Rob van der Does
20-02-14, 07:42
Do you know if future builds will support shd picons and not scale them down.
Picon scaling is and will remain to be supported. They are not only scaled down, but also up; depending on the space available in any specific screen of the skin in use.

zafeer
22-02-14, 11:09
that's fine pheonix. I will give it a go and see if I can do anything with the skin.

jsas69
23-02-14, 17:00
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to all this. Recently purchased a VU+Duo2 and have the latest Vix image installed. I've been trying to get the Modifed Vix-Night-HD-Skin to work on my box but my box just hangs. I copied the skin.xml to: usr/share/enigma2/ViX-Night-HD and the fonts to: usr/share/enigma2/ViX_HD_Common/Fonts (folder didn't exist so I created it). If I delete the newly copied skin.xml the box works again. Could you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Also the skin.xml is a lot smaller then the original file, not sure if I should be renaming the new file to something else first or just overwriting the original skin.xml file (which I backup first)

Many thanks.

billy2222
20-06-14, 21:11
Could anyone help please I'm also using this skin and just wondering if there is anyway to scroll a page at a time.
Thanks in advance

Rob van der Does
21-06-14, 06:05
Not sure about this skin, but normally the arrow-right button does that (in most screens).

billy2222
21-06-14, 11:39
Hi Rob thanks for the reply but the right arrow on my TM nano oe shuffles through the bouquets,I know the channel rocker button takes me through next days,could just be my box remote setup.

Rob van der Does
21-06-14, 12:05
Ah, so the question was about (graphical??) EPG?
Did you try the help-button?

dj600
04-08-14, 23:57
Hi I am new to all this. I have been trying to resize the info bar to make it a little bit bigger so I can add shd picons (220x132). Currently the skin displays hd picons (100x60). I do prefer them to be a bit bigger. Ocram does shd picons which do look awesome. I have attached a screenshot of what I am trying to do. Hope someone can help me out :-)

Hello
Coming Soon mod ViX Night HD Skin by DMX
http://images70.fotosik.pl/55/f8838495c5f1d96a.jpg (www.fotosik.pl)

http://images70.fotosik.pl/55/437fd6dab73cbc9f.jpg (www.fotosik.pl)

bassethound
05-08-14, 14:46
looks cool dj600 cant wait to try it out

aScottishBloke
05-08-14, 23:23
yea looks sweet, whens the release date?

zafeer
13-08-14, 20:49
dj600 that skin looks awesome. That is exactly what I have been looking for. Do you know where I can download it from.

stav81244
19-08-14, 16:51
Is this skin ready?

robsunited
05-06-15, 10:41
Dumb question I'm sure but has this ever made it into the wild????