PDA

View Full Version : Screen Stuck on Starting after image update, no tv picture from hdmi or scart ?

therock
06-08-12, 22:22
Hi All
I have been on a older Black hole image on my VU+duo before the kernal 3.1.1 update until today, when I finally decided to upgrade due to my box crashing alot. I down loaded the latest Black hole image from this forum, and put it on my usb stick, and popped it in the box. It then says on the little screen "programing" and then "finished reboot".
I followed the instructions and deleted the kernal_cfe file and put the usb stick back in to update the new image.

Again it says "reading usb" , then "programming", and then "starting", and thats where it ends !! The TV is blank with nothing from scart or hdmi, the little screen on the box just says "starting" and it stays there and never boots!!

What have I done wrong, how can I get it back working again. The image I have just tryed to put on is 1.7.6 and the image I came from was 1.6 I believe. Any ideas any one ? I think i have the Pc cable some where if i need to flash a different way, but should work with usb ?

Has anyone else had this problem, thanks to any one who has the time to help me get back to watching the Olympics !!

Hotrock

Stanman
06-08-12, 22:25
Does the o;d image flash properly, if so bootloader did not flash properly and you need to do it again.

therock
06-08-12, 22:39
Hi
I no longer have the old image to try, and when I try to download from the old links on this forum they are all gone, shut down or removed. I have tryed to put just the bootloader on again on its own, and it says "programming", and then "reboot". So seems it has flashed the boot loader ok. But when I try to flash the image, its same as before, stuck on "starting". Any ideas ?
Hotrock

Stanman
06-08-12, 22:41
YOU can try try the vix image for testing.

This is the old one http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9741-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2-2-100-21-07-2011

and latest

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18171-New-VIX-Image-Vu-Duo-Version-2-4-15-05-2012

You could also try the bootloader in the latest link as well and than try BH

Larry-G
06-08-12, 22:46
if your receiver is a clone it will not work on the latest BH or ViX images. if this is the case we can not offer you any support as we do not support clones hardware on this forum.

therock
06-08-12, 23:36
Hi
NO Clones here, I only use original box.. Anyway, I tryed the old VIX image and it worked first time, and now I have the old vix installed. How do I now install the latest Blackhole image to get it to work?
Would try Vix, but the other half is used to using Blackhole now.. Should I only have the bootloader on the usb stick first, and then swap it for the image ?
Thanks for your help guys,
TheRock

Larry-G
06-08-12, 23:54
flash the bootloader first then flash the image. you can find the bootloader in the ViX 2.3 / 2.4 release threads it's named CFE_3.0

Stanman
07-08-12, 00:31
Your issue is the bootloader did not install, it needs to be done the exact same as an image reflash and IIRC the file structure is the same.

Use the one in the second link above and than try with the new VIX image and if it loads, you can load the new BH.

I would give VIX a go and let the other half try, she wont look back, it is saw intuitive that my 4 year can use it!