PDA

View Full Version : newbie!!! openbox or spider box??

mustard99
06-08-12, 13:15
hi all i would like some advice please on these boxes i was on the cable scene sometime ago in the eurovox days but now fancy trying the sat side of things i have a old fixed sky dish at the side of the house hasnt been used for a good 8 years or more i have no internet connection as i just use my iphone connected to my laptop tethering (wireless) for surfing the web. i think i have wittled these two box down to best suit my needs i maybe wrong (feel free to put me right) my needs are to be able to view sly uk including 3d as i am purchasing a new smart tv soon so would like some 3d content for that. using the methods which i wont go into on this forum hence keeping within the rules the box i need must be able to fulfil ant upgrades to acheive my sly viewing but be simple to do not really bothered about recording would like the epg and setup to be as close to what sly do eg epg etc etc any valuable advice i would welcome also if anyone has either of these two setups feel free to private message me your advice or experiences cheers

ps i understand i need a internet connection with these boxes so will be getting broadband from vm installed prior to purchase .

Stanman
06-08-12, 22:50
I would avoid both as imhe I found them to be shite.

Your much better of going for something like the gigblue800 and with the vix image it will be as close to a sly box as you can currently get.

mustard99
06-08-12, 23:36
I would avoid both as imhe I found them to be shite.

Your much better of going for something like the gigblue800 and with the vix image it will be as close to a sly box as you can currently get.

thanks stanman ! have you got a gigblue800? are they hd and 3d ready?

Mr. Mister
07-08-12, 00:29
Hi mustard..

yes they are HD and 3D compatable.. and are streets ahead of the crap that you have mentioned above..

The spiderbox and the openbox are totally bottom of the range receivers..

The Gigiblue is a really nice middle of the road and not over priced receiver..

Stanman
07-08-12, 00:32
Also it will be cheaper with a forum member discount, you will need to PM the sponsor for it.

Its a proper E2 box so will do all you want and soon will have probably the best image in the world on it;)

mustard99
07-08-12, 01:05
Hi mustard..

yes they are HD and 3D compatable.. and are streets ahead of the crap that you have mentioned above..

The spiderbox and the openbox are totally bottom of the range receivers..

The Gigiblue is a really nice middle of the road and not over priced receiver..

thanks mr mister god did i get that wrong haha had a quick scan through the threads in the gigiblue section and all seems good so guess my mind is made up cheers matey

mustard99
07-08-12, 01:12
Also it will be cheaper with a forum member discount, you will need to PM the sponsor for it.

Its a proper E2 box so will do all you want and soon will have probably the best image in the world on it;)

cheers stanman for your advice too any idea when this vix image will be available for the box ? where would i find the sponsor to pm him? also would the sky dish on the side of my house be ok ? thanks inadvance guys

Mr. Mister
07-08-12, 01:17
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1447-world-of-satellite.co.uk) to see sponsors page..

Then click on "Send Private Message"..

Your existing sky dish is perfect if you only want $ky UK..

Release dates for images are never given due to unforseen problems which always need to be fixed before release..

The only thing we can say is.. You wont have too long to wait..

Larry-G
07-08-12, 01:19
if the dish is in good condition and the coax / lnb are not water logged, they should be good to go. you can find the sponsor on the forum under the name world-of-satellite.co.uk or just follow this link.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1447-world-of-satellite-co-uk

PM him and he will give you a discount code to use at the checkout of his shop which will give you £5 off the price of any receiver he stocks.

now to the Receiver and the ViX image, at present the ViX image is still being worked on but i can say that we are at the very later stages of testing and every thing goes well it should be released very soon although i cant give a exact date.

mustard99
07-08-12, 01:28
Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1447-world-of-satellite.co.uk) to see sponsors page..

Then click on "Send Private Message"..

Your existing sky dish is perfect if you only want $ky UK..

Release dates for images are never given due to unforseen problems which always need to be fixed before release..

The only thing we can say is.. You wont have too long to wait..

mr mister thankyou for advice i dont have sly so without talking about the obvious on a scale of 1-10 how easy would it be for me to access ful sly uk through this box ? cheers

mustard99
07-08-12, 01:30
if the dish is in good condition and the coax / lnb are not water logged, they should be good to go. you can find the sponsor on the forum under the name world-of-satellite.co.uk or just follow this link.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/member.php?1447-world-of-satellite-co-uk

PM him and he will give you a discount code to use at the checkout of his shop which will give you £5 off the price of any receiver he stocks.

now to the Receiver and the ViX image, at present the ViX image is still being worked on but i can say that we are at the very later stages of testing and every thing goes well it should be released very soon although i cant give a exact date.

pheonix thanks for your input too very much taken on board cheers :thumbsup:

mustard99
07-08-12, 01:32
also guys which model of the gigblue would you recomend for my needs ? also their is no mention of 3d on the box just pvr ready and hd read? is it defitnely 3d ready ? cheers

Sicilian
07-08-12, 06:09
Its defo 3d ready.

mustard99
07-08-12, 09:23
which gigablue model do you guys think would best suit my needs ? got to be hd tho? cheers:thumbsup:

Sicilian
07-08-12, 09:26
Both are the same apart from the front VFD. SE has 4 segment blue numbers and UE has an LCD disply.