PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue vs vu solo

thejoker
04-08-12, 12:44
Is the gigablue 800se anything compared to the vu solo. I have just seen it for sale and it looks good, even has an rf out

Sicilian
04-08-12, 16:32
Its not RF out, some of the pics show the hybrid dvb-c/t tuner, but yes as good as a VU+ Solo imo and cheaper, vix coming soon ;)

thejoker
04-08-12, 19:36
This video shows ant in and ant out. Does that not mean I can distribute it to rest of the house using coax cable to the amp. Is £149 the cheapest price about...

Larry-G
04-08-12, 19:43
This video shows ant in and ant out. Does that not mean I can distribute it to rest of the house using coax cable to the amp. Is £149 the cheapest price about...

thats not antenna in / out but antenna in and cable feed in as its a combo terrestrial / cable tuner.

s1m0nw
04-08-12, 19:44
If i remember its lnb in and out thats on bk of gigablue one below the other. I have a solo and i setup my grandpa's gigablue box I can say theres no difference between the 2 that i can see.

If anybody asks me for a cheap satellite box then i'll be pointing them to a gigablue with openmips image.

Larry-G
04-08-12, 19:56
If i remember its lnb in and out thats on bk of gigablue one below the other. I have a solo and i setup my grandpa's gigablue box I can say theres no difference between the 2 that i can see.

If anybody asks me for a cheap satellite box then i'll be pointing them to a gigablue with openmips image.

The ViX image is not long away.

Stanman
05-08-12, 12:09

Not the cheapest http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?210-World-Of-Satellite-co-uk-Forum-Member-only-deals! and A++++++ service to boot