PDA

View Full Version : Uno wont boot

tandaman
03-08-12, 19:59
Hi lads. I have a friends Uno box and when I switch it on a red light comes on with Starting on the front panel. The tv loads up to HDMI channel. Then after about 10 seconds the screen goes blank but the channels name loads onto the box. I have also tried scart connection. I am running 2.3 Vix image. I have downloaded the newer version of the image but on start up the box wont load the image.

tandaman
03-08-12, 20:03
Ok guys an update. I have managed to get a different usb stick to load onto the box. I will let you know how I get on.

tandaman
03-08-12, 20:17
Same thing. The box boots then the tv screen goes blank

Trial
03-08-12, 20:24
Hi,
do you see OSD when you press info/epg or menu? If yes then it might only be a problem that you need a FPGA/FIRMWARE update which is necessary if the box is older than 8 month and you want to use a new image.

ciao

tandaman
03-08-12, 20:26
Ok I loaded Vix image 2.3.133 and the box has loaded up

Trial
04-08-12, 06:51
Hi,
just to be make sure. FPGA/FIRMWARE update does not mean an image. It is a plugin which updates the firmware of an internal chip.

ciao

Markymark
18-08-12, 19:40
Hi,
just to be make sure. FPGA/FIRMWARE update does not mean an image. It is a plugin which updates the firmware of an internal chip.

ciao

Ok little confused here (doesn't take much). I have an UNO, not updated my image for ages as I remember it went a bit mad with images being released all the time at one point. Lol

Anyway thinking of upgrading, however do I need to do this? If so, how do I go about doing this? This shouldn't break my box and prevent it from running any of the older images, should it?

Also boot loader - what is the latest boot loader which should be on the box before considering upgrading to the latest image?

Larry-G
18-08-12, 19:49
There is no bootloader update for the uno. as for the FPGA upgrade that programs the chips which control the tuner card and is a vital upgrade to do but the last upgrade was the 14th of November 2011 so no need to upgrade again if you have already applied that one.

Markymark
18-08-12, 20:32
Arr so I bought mine from the sponsor in late december - so would it be fair to assume this has already been done for me?

Larry-G
18-08-12, 21:04
its very likely the sponsor has already done it, but it certainly wont hurt to make certain and do it again your self.

Rob van der Does
19-08-12, 06:40
Or just flash the new image. If all is fine, no further upgrade is required. If you receive no channels; you'll know that you have to upgrade FPGA.