PDA

View Full Version : new sat system

rossi2000
02-09-10, 20:01
evening folks

my freind is wanting a new sat system installed.

lt is going to be a fixed dish recievng 28.2E only

ive had a look around at a couple shops and prices vary,

can anyone recommend any particular dishes, lnbs, mounts etc as i'm new to this. possibly full kit systems that include everyhting

forum sponsors W.O.S have some items and priced reasonably too! would the kit from them be good enoguh for my requirement?

id say:-
Dish
Dual/Quad LNB (not decided yet)
wall mount
and cable

not sure of anyhting else i would need
would the quality of components make a difference

any input appreciated

Donnie
02-09-10, 20:07
Of course as you are here you should always use the sponsor, what you fail to sayis where your friend lives.

If it is in the UK then all you need is a fixed mini dish which cost about £25 for a zone1 with quad lnb. { thats from that crappy auction site } !!

rossi2000
03-09-10, 10:23
hi yep it in the north-west uk, manc area

i was told to go for a 54 or 60cm dish as the sky mini-dishs werent the best quality, is this not the case?

SLOTH
03-09-10, 10:41
Hi if he only wants 28.2 then a mini dish will be fine ...get a Zone 2 one or do as Floyd suggests but get a 90 or bigger in case he decides he wants more sats or motorised .
cheers
Sloth

world-of-satellite.co.uk
03-09-10, 10:57
Hi Rossi.

Now as previously stated, if you just want 28.2, then our 58cm Orbital Platinum Dish will be sufficient http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/58cm-Orbital-Solid-Dish

If he wants more in the future then look at a motorised setup.

We can sell you the following: -

Inverto Silvertech Quad LNB + 58cm Orbital Platinum Dish + Orbital Wall Mount (J stand), all for just £74.89 delivered to UK. Now if your friend purchases a receiver too we'll throw in 30m CT100 satellite coax + 2 screw type F connectors free of charge ;)

rossi2000
04-09-10, 16:40
thx for input, ive passed on the details mate, wait for him to make up his mind now! :)