PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] New ViX Team VU+ Solo OE3.0 Release Discussion

Maxwell
01-08-12, 19:25
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18291&d=1343840281
Brand New VIX Image Vu+ Solo

15/08/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.204
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8204
From VIX Team

GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.1.1
Vu+ Drivers: 28-06-2012

All Users - A full flash is required
You can not use backup restore or online update from 2.4 with this image
In this image the core has been extensively rewritten by Andy in conjunction with the OE Alliance.
You are advised to take a full image backup before flashing.

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (28/6/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
zoka.cc for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Downloads

Stable release HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20216-New-ViX-Team-VU-Solo-OE3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/) (Beta's)

Sicilian
15-08-12, 18:51
Please post all feedback here, enjoy :)

s1m0nw
16-08-12, 19:53
how long does this take to flash on solo? had mines in for ten mins and still flashing green light lol never seen an image last this long

Sicilian
16-08-12, 21:37
how long does this take to flash on solo? had mines in for ten mins and still flashing green light lol never seen an image last this long

Flashing Green means its finished flashing :rolleyes:

sunlight786
16-08-12, 22:31
will this image support to clone boxes?

Larry-G
16-08-12, 22:33

We offer no support what so ever for cloned boxes or their users on this forum.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
17-08-12, 05:43
How could we possibly know that :confused:
And we even wouldn't want to know that :p

Sicilian
17-08-12, 06:48

Think we might have to start enforcing out rules and banning clone users coming here for support :rolleyes:

maj3091
22-08-12, 22:25
Not sure if this is the right place to post.

Been running the new image since it was released and it was running like a dream, until I switched the TV on tonight and found the VIX logo spinning on a black screen, but the red standby light was on?

No control with the remote, so a power cycle was required.

Anyway I can't figure out what might have caused this as I'm not sure where to find the logs on the device over FTP?

Only thing that springs to mind would be the EPG that was set for download at 4am.

Markymark
22-08-12, 22:29
Clone users should be encourage to make the updates and break their boxes. After all sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

I don't get why they knowingly buy clones when the sponsor offers cracking deals on genuine kit. The support online via this forum is second to none.

basilyoung
22-08-12, 22:34
Clone users should be encourage to make the updates and break their boxes. After all sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

I don't get why they knowingly buy clones when the sponsor offers cracking deals on genuine kit. The support online via this forum is second to none.

We would,nt want to break peeps units,..even if they are clones, we just refuse to surport them, the reasons for knowingly buying a clone, is a mystery to me, most clones dont last long,
but we need to keep the thread on track, but thanks for the point of view

s1m0nw
01-09-12, 08:34
Not sure if this is the right place to post.

Been running the new image since it was released and it was running like a dream, until I switched the TV on tonight and found the VIX logo spinning on a black screen, but the red standby light was on?

No control with the remote, so a power cycle was required.

Anyway I can't figure out what might have caused this as I'm not sure where to find the logs on the device over FTP?

Only thing that springs to mind would be the EPG that was set for download at 4am.

I had same thing happen to me yesterday. Epg update set 4am aswell.

tandaman
05-09-12, 17:27
I installed the latest version of VIX and put TSPanel into the tmp folder and installed. When I reboot the TSPanel is not there in the plugins or menu.

Rob van der Does
05-09-12, 17:29
Which version is 'the latest version'?

tandaman
05-09-12, 17:31
OE 3.0 is what i installed

Mr. Mister
05-09-12, 17:34
Vix 3.x.. Build ?

you will find this on Menu > Information > About

tandaman
05-09-12, 17:36
Kernal 3.1.1
Version 3.0

Larry-G
05-09-12, 17:43
Kernal 3.1.1
Version 3.0

no we need the build number for example 204 / 245 ??

tandaman
05-09-12, 18:06
Sorry Build: 204

Larry-G
05-09-12, 18:09
Sorry Build: 204

The current stable version is 244 as for TSpanel you will need the newest version as the older ones do not work with OE-A based images such as ViX 3.0.

tandaman
05-09-12, 18:25
ok mate thanks.

tandaman
05-09-12, 18:55
Ok lads. I updated with the online update and now I have an error.

" SOME PLUGINS ARE NOT AVAILABLE. EXTENSIONS/TSPANEL ( BAD MAGIC NUMBER IN /USR/LIB/ENIGMA2/PYTHON/PLUGINS/EXTENSIONS/TSPANEL/_IN IT_.PYO )

Rob van der Does
05-09-12, 19:00
That means that the plugin you used is not comptible.

Larry-G
05-09-12, 19:01
as i said you need to use the very latest version as the older ones are no longer compatible with OE-A / ViX images

tandaman
05-09-12, 19:23
I did Im on build 255

Mr. Mister
05-09-12, 19:26
Whats in TSpanel that you want to use so bad.. ??

tandaman
05-09-12, 19:30
CCcam...I have a stand alone version on CCcam but getting an error there as well...failed to extract

Larry-G
05-09-12, 19:32
I did Im on build 255

I dont mean the newest version of the image i meant the newest version of the TSpanel it self as older versions will not work with the ViX 3.0 image or any image produced by the OE-Alliance.

Trial
05-09-12, 19:43
Hi
you need mips32el Version oft TS Panel. I know hat t least 6.4 exist

Ciao

gesendet mit meiner JB Tablette

Mr. Mister
05-09-12, 19:57
Why not ftp the cccam ipk file into tmp and install that way..??

dfdream
05-09-12, 21:05
All,
I just updated from VIX 3 242 to 250 and all is fine. One thing I see thats gone is the exit movie player to exit recording playback. I thought this was a great feature but now see that its not there anymore (tried some menus incase it was a setting but couldnt find it.)
Is this the setting that changed in 250.
[keymap] remove 'EXIT' button for MoviePlayer
Can I put it back ????

Rob van der Does
06-09-12, 06:41
All,
I just updated from VIX 3 242 to 250 and all is fine. One thing I see thats gone is the exit movie player to exit recording playback. I thought this was a great feature but now see that its not there anymore (tried some menus incase it was a setting but couldnt find it.)
Is this the setting that changed in 250.
[keymap] remove 'EXIT' button for MoviePlayer
Can I put it back ????
No!!!! That was a horrible temporarily mistake.
There is a stop-button to stop playback; why would you want to have that doubled on another button?

dfdream
06-09-12, 07:10
The functions might be the same but why should they.
If STOP is pressed then it can do what the "Behaviour when a movie is stopped" setting is set to (normally go to movie list).
But if the EXIT Button was then set to exit player altogether and return to TV Channels.
I know you can set the stop to return to live TV but this way you have the best of both worlds....
Then you could have STOP return to movie list and EXIT to go to live TV...

I always feel that there is too many button presses to go to live TV on the occasion you dont want to go to the movie list....

There is a stop-button to stop playback; why would you want to have that doubled on another button?

Rob van der Does
06-09-12, 07:16
But if the EXIT Button was then set to exit player altogether and return to TV Channels.
Horrible.....
What if you push exit by chance? If you push it one time too many (as happens to me quite often; being in info and pushing exit without even looking) I would revert to TV? I never want to go to TV, so why should I go there by such a mistake?

dfdream
06-09-12, 09:17
If you push the exit button on VIX 3.0 242 the popup appears to ask if you want to exit movieplayer. It doesnt go straight to TV. (Crisis Averted).
Rob you need to look at the remote when pressing buttons, you could always press the wrong button.

I just thought it might be a good feature, the EXIT Button exiting out of the movie player instead of doing nothing..

Its no panic as by your comments Im not being entertained anyway...

As for "I never want to go to TV" do you just watch recordings all the time...

Horrible.....
What if you push exit by chance? If you push it one time too many (as happens to me quite often; being in info and pushing exit without even looking) I would revert to TV? I never want to go to TV, so why should I go there by such a mistake?

dfdream
18-09-12, 15:56
Rob would it be an option to put this feature back in and put an option in Setup...customise to enable it or not... I bloody miss it to be honest...

This to me was a no brainer of an option. Press EXIT to exit, I know I can press stop but if Im not playing a recording I have to press esc. If you are playing a recording you have to press stop and then press esc (depending on what option you have set).

Thanks
D

yvessr
23-09-12, 19:17
I need some help, please...
I just installed the 3.0 image on my Solo and this went 100% ok, but I now need to install and run Oscam in order to be able read my TNTSat-card... can you please tell if the 1.20-version will work and what kind to use: mips-tuxbox-oe1.6 or oe2.0 ?
Thanks a lot !

tandaman
25-09-12, 20:09
Hi everyone. I have the 3.0 image installed. Build 265. When I put a movie or program onto a usb memory stick I put it into the solo and it says VIEW MOVIES. I vies the shows on the stick and press play. The show plays but no sound.

tandaman
26-09-12, 21:25
Can anyone help out

Maxwell
26-09-12, 21:27
what format are your movies in

Rob van der Does
26-09-12, 21:29
It looks like the codec is not supported by the box. It's not a recording made by the box I presume?

judge
26-09-12, 21:29
Hi everyone. I have the 3.0 image installed. Build 265. When I put a movie or program onto a usb memory stick I put it into the solo and it says VIEW MOVIES. I vies the shows on the stick and press play. The show plays but no sound.

I use this method loads & have no issues.
I'd guess it's down to the encoding of the movies you are trying to view.

Tkr001
26-09-12, 22:02
I sometimes have this issue with DTS soundtracks. I find rewinding a few seconds kicks the audio into like.

stab187
01-12-12, 12:43
Hello guys, after last update on VIX today,appears on the screen tablet every 10 minutes.

How to disable it? Please help.

http://s017.radikal.ru/i424/1212/07/3f7370c6c38et.jpg (http://radikal.ru/F/s017.radikal.ru/i424/1212/07/3f7370c6c38e.jpg.html)

Stanman
01-12-12, 12:44
Fix here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23697-Problem-after-online-update-to-latest-Vix-version&p=176390&viewfull=1#post176390

saxon
02-12-12, 07:53
i must be very lucky i have tried them all and this image works flawless on my duo only image not had a Black/green screen like the fact simple gui but a lot under the hood thanks to all at vix

zia
21-12-12, 09:28
I do Update to version 3 but i get green led on front of my VU solo and black screen.!!!

now what do i do?

zia
21-12-12, 10:16
I do Update to version 3 but i get green led on front of my VU solo and black screen.!!!

now what do i do?

I got a Solution
i have to wait for get flashed green led and turn off when i did update from flash

MrFun
17-02-13, 22:40
Hi,

First of all, thanks for a great work you have done. I've used an older version of VIX for a long time without any problems.

Some three weeks ago I updated to latest build. Everything went fine and I made all settings on the receiver. I use a 2G
USB flash to save EPG onto, and I have network connected. HW is a VU+ Solo.

My problem: When using the receiver for two to four days, software will freeze in the night and won't respond to remote
when trying to turn it on :( I've updated to last build and had the problem. I've done one or two software update from
the menu, but problem still remain. Please advice what I can do or how I can assist to resolve problem.

judge
17-02-13, 22:52
Turn on debug logs, Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Settings -> Enable debug log = yes.
Upload the relevant debug log the next time this happens.
Also, 'last build' really is useless & doesn't help anyone who experience similar issues.
Menu -> Information -> About, will show you your current build number, stating that helps a million times more than last build.

Rob van der Does
18-02-13, 05:18
Hi,

First of all, thanks for a great work you have done. I've used an older version of VIX for a long time without any problems.

Some three weeks ago I updated to latest build. Everything went fine and I made all settings on the receiver. I use a 2G
USB flash to save EPG onto, and I have network connected. HW is a VU+ Solo.

My problem: When using the receiver for two to four days, software will freeze in the night and won't respond to remote
when trying to turn it on :( I've updated to last build and had the problem. I've done one or two software update from
the menu, but problem still remain. Please advice what I can do or how I can assist to resolve problem.
This is a general image discussion: why do you jump in with a problem?
Please create a thread for it.

satelliteguy68
01-03-13, 14:15
im using vu+ solo after ive set up new vix and put in new skins says i need to reboot it does that then crashes..please help

Tkr001
02-03-13, 04:57
im using vu+ solo after ive set up new vix and put in new skins says i need to reboot it does that then crashes..please help
This isn't the right place to post a problem You need to start your own thread and include version of VIX and build number, which skin is crashing and any crash log.

hitman11
05-03-13, 20:35
Hi Guys, just wanted some clarification, i've noticed the image has been on build 600 for a few weeks now, has development of this image stopped or will there be any future updates?

judge
05-03-13, 20:44
There are current unstable online updates, you can update to 623 at the moment...
Development has in no way stopped.

Larry-G
12-03-13, 17:18
Hi Guys, just wanted some clarification, i've noticed the image has been on build 600 for a few weeks now, has development of this image stopped or will there be any future updates?

As judge says development had not stopped, but as there were many important changes going on we had to make sure they worked before pushing the image to the public server. Its not often that we have to do this but occasionally we have to withdraw images until there ready by testing internally for a while.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2