PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy remote ? anyone else?

dalep
31-07-12, 23:56
My remote seems to be a bit flakey, i can press up, and it will jump down, i can be pressing , up up up, next second , it will jump to the 'are you sure you want to exit'

anyone else have the same issue?

Larry-G
31-07-12, 23:58
To be honest i used mine for all of a minute before removing the battery's and throwing it back into the box. I use a Harmony 650 or a Uno remote instead.

Sicilian
01-08-12, 07:24
State exactly what you are doing. When this happens. Sounds like a delay in OS tbh. Where do you have picons stored? Are you doing something that is firing up the HDD? What plugins do you have installed?

dalep
01-08-12, 08:47
its not an OS delay, you can be doing anything, it does it with out the hard drive being involved (removed), you can be pressing down , down, down through a menu, when it suddenly assumes you have pressed exit and wants to exit, its very random.

Also, you can press the up or down on the volume, and it will randomly change the channel.

Its been reflashed to a bare install with no extras added and no settings restored, it still does it.

Regards

Dale

pooface
01-08-12, 09:00
What image are you using? I've never heard of anything like this, but have you tried changing remote codes and seeing if that solves it?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

dalep
02-08-12, 09:03
Standard VIX image, or blackhole , or PLi

Makes no difference

Regards

Dale

WackyDUK
04-08-12, 10:07
Dale I found the included remote very poor also, kind of spoiled the experience as I upgraded from a Duo which had a perfectly functional remote.

Logitech's do work very well but when I paid £500 for a receiver I expect everything to be spot on.

An earlier thread makes it seem quite a common complaint.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15331-Remote-Issue/page3

OldSkulRide
04-08-12, 10:35
DUO/UNO/SOLO remotes are very nice indeed. When i take ET5000 remote in my hands i would just put it in the bin and use DUO remote instead.

Larry-G
04-08-12, 10:45
I would not say the Ultimo remote is necessarily poor, but rather that is is designed for the east Asian market and as a result it's not very user friendly for us European's who tend to have larger hands / fingers. The Ultimo remote it self does the job it was designed for but i would have preferred if they released a model specifically for the European market rather than including the standard one as it's way too small for my own use.

dalep
06-08-12, 21:23
I will see if WOS will send me a new one as something is up with either the remote , or the box.

It will also randomly change channel when using the volume buttons lol

Sicilian
07-08-12, 05:59
Have you got HDMI CEC on or off? If on, try disabling it and see if you have any issues. Without sounding rude are you sure you pressed the channel button and not the volume, after all easily done as they're close together.

dalep
08-08-12, 00:02
The channel button and the volume buttons are on opposite sides of the remote !

HMDI Control is off as it doesn't play with my panasonic nicely.

The remote, or the box is duff...

acco
10-08-12, 10:23
Try new battery's, my remote was a bit flaky & very unresponsive unless pointed directly in front of stb. New bats inserted & now I don't have to point it directly at stb.

pooface
10-08-12, 12:37
Try new battery's, my remote was a bit flaky & very unresponsive unless pointed directly in front of stb. New bats inserted & now I don't have to point it directly at stb.

I've always had to point it directly at the box even after changing batteries... Duo/solo/et9k all perfect no matter where the remote points. But not ultimo... One of the reasons I hate that remote...

Rob van der Does
12-08-12, 13:17
4 days later now: what's the status?

dalep
12-08-12, 13:54
Sorry I've been away working, the remote is a piece of junk lol, i will call WOS tomorrow to discuss a resolution

Tried new batteries too, its not unresponsive, just does its own thing

I was , if i had time, going to learn the commands into my iPad and see if it works ok that way, at least it would prove if its the remote or the box

thnx

Rob van der Does
12-08-12, 17:12
Before contacting sponsor I would try changing the R/C code. Default for the Ultimo is code 2, I would try e.g. 4. Would be very interesting to know if the same issue occurs than.

dalep
12-08-12, 17:25
Just tried it, makes no difference

Donnie
12-08-12, 19:13
Sorry I've been away working, the remote is a piece of junk lol, i will call WOS tomorrow to discuss a resolution

Tried new batteries too, its not unresponsive, just does its own thing

I was , if i had time, going to learn the commands into my iPad and see if it works ok that way, at least it would prove if its the remote or the box

thnx

I have has the Ultimo since day one and the remote is as poor now as it was when it was released, batteries and every other idea is a waste of time.

I have contacted VU regarding this matter and they are fully aware of it but seem unable to resolve it.

The remote is junk so get a DUO one and you will be happy, I am amazed the team here are trying to offer solutions when we know it is a hardware issue.

dalep
12-08-12, 19:19
Why should i have to PAY for a DUO one? I paid good money for this box, and if it doesn't work, then someone is responsible to put it right.

I have NO intention of PAYING for one, this is a sale of goods issue if VU are aware of the fact..

If i want to be shitty, under the sale of good act, this is NOT fit for purpose...

The supplied remote is a piece of junk, and for a box costing towards £500 with all the options, its simply not good enough.

Rob van der Does
12-08-12, 19:34
Please don't exaggerate. I'm not a fan of the Ultimo's R/C either, but it does the job.

dalep
12-08-12, 19:43
Moderator or not, how dare you tell me NOT to exaggerate!!

The supplied remote is simply a piece of junk and DOES NOT do the job!

Would you walk into a Panasonic dealer , lay down good money and just get told, oh well the remote is flakey, no i doubt it.

If everyone try and cover up the fact, then VU will see no reason to ever fix it.

Why should i have to use another remote, The VU came supplied with a remote in the box, and it does not work as it should.

Lie to yourself if you want, i will NOT.

punisher
12-08-12, 20:10
Have a chat with VU+ see what they can do for ya

pooface
12-08-12, 20:14
Dale, please can down...

Yes, the remote isn't very good. Is it fit for purpose, yes. It changes channels, all fine. You're remote sounds like it is not working properly, as no-one has come up saying they have had problems like you with the channel changing when changing volume etc... So sound more like your box or remote is playing up. Our, could be interference. Have you turned off all wireless boxes, routers etc, microwaves, dect telephones, as they could btw the cause of your problem...

dalep
12-08-12, 20:20
I will request a replacement and take it from there...

Larry-G
12-08-12, 20:30
@ dalep.

i fully understand that you are frustrated but i will ask that you calm down a little, foul language is unacceptable here as is abusing the very people who are trying to offer you help. please contact the site sponsor and he will gladly assist you in any way that he can to resolve your issues, but again i would ask that you do so in a calm and polite manor.

dalep
12-08-12, 20:44
@ dalep.

i fully understand that you are frustrated but i will ask that you calm down a little, foul language is unacceptable here as is abusing the very people who are trying to offer you help. please contact the site sponsor and he will gladly assist you in any way that he can to resolve your issues, but again i would ask that you do so in a calm and polite manor.

If you re read my post you will see, i used the word 'shitty' mm, so foul, i can see how many will be so offended. Also, you can also see that it was directed at NO ONE.

In what way did / am I abusing ANYONE here? My reply to RDV ( i assume that is to what you are referring to) was not abusive , if fact i found his reply very patronising.

Like I said, i will request a replacement and take it from there.

Larry-G
12-08-12, 21:11
thread now closed as the op is going to contact the sponsor about his remote.