PDA

View Full Version : Network mount

dmgp
02-09-10, 10:12
I can watch recordings from VU Hdd on laptop, & watch channels etc through web interface. Tried all day yesterday using DE 133 network browser and Black Hole mount manager to allow traffic the other way i.e. from PC to Vu. and although the Vu shows the IP of the laptop I obviously haven't succeeded. I'm pretty sure I set up sharing OK on the PC (Vista) tried turning off Win firewall, nothing ! Any chance of someone with the time and inclination to post some screenshots using either method, or a step by step idiots guide? I'm sure it would be useful to others as well.
TIA
rgds
dmgp

Sicilian
02-09-10, 12:00
Have a read of this post http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?566-Stream-movies-from-pc-to-VU-DUO&p=2724&viewfull=1#post2724

yngvekl
02-09-10, 14:03
If you want further separation under the /media/net folder, you can just
mkdir "dir" and chmod 0755 "dir" for every separation you want, yes?
E.g. PCpics, PCmovies, PCmusic +++ , and then map up the appropriate share on the PC to the respective created folders in the /media/net...

In doing this with the BH Mount Wizard, will these auto mount the next time the PC or the VU+ is started?

Best regards,
Yngve

PS! Can I create "bookmarks" for folders created in /media, so that instead of going via "Network" when selecting, let's say a movie, the "PCmovies" will list directly?

dmgp
02-09-10, 15:30
Thanks for replies, got it going, had read that thread before but kept getting 'failed' 'Not a directory' etc. The PC was showing as xxxxip address then meaningless squiggles, now got an X after it and played an avi file and displayed a jpeg.
Thanks again
dmgp