PDA

View Full Version : WLAN problem with new VTi image

yngvekl
02-09-10, 09:06
Hi,

I've installed the latest 2.0 image from VTi. Wired ethernet works fine, but the wireless network is
always picking up the neighbours network, even though I've set the correct values in the adapter
settings. Even when I'm searching for availeble networks, and connect (green button) to my own,
another network is chosen.... I cannot for my life getting this to work... W/wo DHCP same problem,
rebooted several times --> same problem. My static range is set up in the router outside DHCP range... :confused:

Had to revert back to BH133F... Missus went mad about me using hours last night :)

Best regards,
Yngve

PS! Please ignore bad language, I'm a Viking (--> Norwegian)

Donnie
02-09-10, 19:11
Once you have set the image up you will struggle with this, what you need to do is restart the network wizard and you should be fine.
Making changes just never works.

canthackit
03-09-10, 01:28
certain images support wireless others don't i found this out over the course of days/weeks.

there is a thread by me somewhere here, stating the problems and what works and what don't.

if i can find it i'll post the url on here.

regards: canthackit

yngvekl
03-09-10, 10:16
Thanks guys for replying!

Once you have set the image up you will struggle with this, what you need to do is restart the network wizard and you should be fine.
Making changes just never works.
@floyd: Not sure exactly what you mean...? After entering the correct data into the adapter, I tried rebooting (and also leaving it completely of for a couple of minutes). It just popped up with the neighbours AP again... Ahh, you ment manually start the wizard again of course... sorry! But why the need for this? Wouldn't what I entered in the adapter settings, be written to "the file whom it belongs to" and be taken into account when completely restarting the box (and the wireless network)?

@canthackit: yes please see if you can find it...

Thanks,
Yngve