PDA

View Full Version : Sly or other satellite providers working on non-original box

highpriestlp
29-07-12, 20:45
Hey all, I own a Vu+Ultimo and I am paying subscriber to Sly and another sat provider. I am wondering if I can make the Vu+ decode the channels with the original card - no need for sharing or watching on 2 TVs at the same time. Simply just is it possible to watch the channels on the Vu+?

If this is indeed possible could you please advise:

1. What is needed to be installed (e.g. softcams, etc.)?
2. Any specific configuration files, which need to be edited and how?

Thank you in advance.
HP

Larry-G
29-07-12, 20:50
yes you can use your own subscription card in the ultimo to decrypt the paid for channels.

you will need a compatible softcam such as CCcam or Oscam etc, and the required configuration files. if this is something you want to setup we can help you do this.

highpriestlp
29-07-12, 20:59
Cheers Phoenix - that's all I would like to do.. no need to go at depth how to install the softcams on the box, unless some specifics are required - I can read it on the forums. I would rather need help with the config files - which ones, what to edit, what values / syntax to input.

Thanks!

Larry-G
29-07-12, 21:02
well to be honest i'm not the rite person to ask about setting up the configuration files etc as i really dont use softcams that much. but i'm sure some one who does will be along to help once they see the thread.

twol
30-07-12, 14:59
Cheers Phoenix - that's all I would like to do.. no need to go at depth how to install the softcams on the box, unless some specifics are required - I can read it on the forums. I would rather need help with the config files - which ones, what to edit, what values / syntax to input.

Thanks!
I would go with CCcam, its so easy just install and stick your CCcam.cfg in /etc folder.
There is a good and quick read on this WEB site, just google "CCcam & Sly Setup on VIX 2.0 by dymebox" and the first entry by dymebox contains a pdf with all the info for installing CCcam and CCcam.cfg for Sly.... works perfectly for current images.

highpriestlp
30-07-12, 19:34
Thanks much twol - works well. Now on a similar note, can I make it work with Canal*at Swit*zerland as well / at the same time? The new package supposedly only works with HUMAX NA-FOX HD.

Thanks much in advance.
HP

MikeKGS
05-08-12, 21:36
Thanks I've been struggling with this too and was unsure where to look for the info.

Stanman
05-08-12, 22:35
Thanks much twol - works well. Now on a similar note, can I make it work with Canal*at Swit*zerland as well / at the same time? The new package supposedly only works with HUMAX NA-FOX HD.

Thanks much in advance.
HP

Yes unless the card Has been hardware paired with the box, than no.

highpriestlp
12-08-12, 20:00
The card does not appear to be linked to the box. Would you know any specific settings required?
Cheers

fintannl
12-08-12, 22:03
well assuming you managed to write a cccam.cfg for your sky card in card slot sci0 then likely if you put your other card in sci1 (the slot underneath) and do a similar definition for it then all should be good. just a simple google will tell you that you the providerid you need to use for the other card