PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] How to Report Bugs and problems in the ViX image.

Larry-G
29-07-12, 11:20
ok guys i feel the need to make this thread due to the number of posts being made with little to no details included in the reports / threads.

If you wish to make a bug report about the ViX image or post a problem you are having with the ViX image, we need to know a few things from you, preferable without us having to ask you for them. This will help us to help you a lot faster than just guessing at your problem

below is just a example of the kinds of things we ideally need from you when making a bug report / request for help with the ViX image.

What receiver are you using ( yes i know it's obvious but it's important information we need )

What exact image and the build number are you using ( bearing in mind that we no longer update or maintain the older images but we can still provide help where necessary )

What skin were you using when the problem occurred ?

please also list all plugins you have installed since flashing the image, including those installed manually or downloaded via the feeds.

Please then also provide a description of exactly what happened and what you were doing at the time of the crash / observed bug. This can be as brief or extensive as you like but please keep it accurate and as detailed as possible. also upload any crash logs generated and where possible any debug logs from the time of the problem / crash if you have the debugging feature activated.

so for example.

=============
Vu+ Ultimo
ViX 2.4.155

ViX Night HD skin

plugins installed
CCcam 2.2.1 ( installed manually )
RemoteStreamConvert ( installed via the feeds )
1channel ( installed via the feeds ).

( brief description of the problem )
Accessing the softcam manager caused the receiver to crash and reboot.

( a detailed run down of how to replicate the problem with any comments you would like to add )
Blue button > softcam manager = results in a BSoD crash every time, this can be replicated every time.

==

please understand that i'm not asking you all to be experts here but a little thought before making a bug report or request for help, will really speed things up and help us to help you.

Thanks for understanding

Tkr001
30-07-12, 00:10
You should make this a sticky

basilyoung
30-07-12, 00:20
yep...just sorted, its now a "sticky"

Larry-G
28-04-13, 08:33
Once again guys when reporting a problem please try to provide as much info as possible as in the first post of this thread, there are way too many people posting problems and expecting us to just guess as to whats going wrong for them.

If you dont help us by providing this info there is very little we can do to help you.

sigpark
16-05-13, 22:43
Thanks for the post. Can you please indicate the best part of the forum to post a bug for a skin issue? Apologies, but I cant find a forum or section dedicated to bug reports?

Before you think my question wrong - I saw in recent release notes an update to Magic-HD Light skin could have been 3.0.664? Anyway, Magic-HD Light used to work fine when it installed as part of the parent Magic-HD, now my VU+ Solo2 hangs at the Blue OpenVix Start screen with the Magic-HD Light skin. I am on lastest Vix release 3.0.665, but I have tested this issue on other images back to 3.0.558. I am pretty sure this post will need to be moved, so sorry in advance for the trouble, and a steer where to post in the future would help me. Thanks

Vu+ Solo 2
ViX 3.0.665

Magic-HD Light skin

Larry-G
16-05-13, 22:50
this section will be fine

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?298-ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion

momayaz
03-06-14, 19:48
can I do software update for my vu+ uno using menu/setup/software update ?

openvix image : openvix-Apollo.001-vuuno_usb.zip

cuz last night I did it and box reboot to standby .. and never work .. thought its red light death .. then I just press standby and its working again but already did new usb reflashing .. and didn't wait for normal booting :(

so can I do software update again thru menu ? or not recommended ? thnx in advance

Larry-G
03-06-14, 19:52
can I do software update for my vu+ uno using menu/setup/software update ?

openvix image : openvix-Apollo.001-vuuno_usb.zip

cuz last night I did it and box reboot to standby .. and never work .. thought its red light death .. then I just press standby and its working again but already did new usb reflashing .. and didn't wait for normal booting :(

so can I do software update again thru menu ? or not recommended ? thnx in advance

Read this thread for Details of how to update at the moment.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38533-Apollo-online-update

Larry-G
09-10-14, 00:41
ok guys I think it's time we refreshed this thread.

It is absolutely vital that when submitting a potential bug report you tell us the exact image, including the build number that is running on your receiver. This could mean the difference between solving a problem within minutes with a single reply, or taking days / weeks and several dozen posts.

we need the exact image version and build number which can be found in the about > info screen accessible from the menu button.

OpenViX Apollo build 048, OpenViX 3.0-808, OpenViX Helios build 010 are all fine. ViX 3, ViX 3.0, ViX Apollo, ViX latest are not acceptable.

judge
09-10-14, 00:50
It is absolutely vital that when submitting a potential bug report you tell us the exact image, including the build number that is running on your receiver. This could mean the difference between solving a problem within minutes with a single reply, or taking days / weeks and several dozen posts.

So easy, but like squeezing blood out of a stone for lots of pretend genuine box users.

Larry-G
09-10-14, 00:54
So easy, but like squeezing blood out of a stone for lots of pretend genuine box users.

LOL, I know mate, and it really irks me that I made this thread over two years ago and we are still no further forward when users post for help and provide absolutely no information what so ever that would help us, help them.

Walt
09-10-14, 01:02
Problem is that a lot of users see vix as a starter image and they don't actually know what a build number is. Not as easy as you make out for newbies.

Larry-G
09-10-14, 01:06
Problem is that a lot of users see vix as a starter image and they don't actually know what a build number is. Not as easy as you make out for newbies.

Dont get me wrong I can fully understand and forgive inexperienced users, but for those who have been here for years and have several hundred posts there is no excuse in my opinion.

judge
09-10-14, 01:09

Yes, that's always going to be an issue.
Build number always reported in Menu -> Information -> About on a ViX image & many others.
The more info new users provide the easier it is to help them.

baltutis
13-11-14, 23:28
Where I can send log files? Early I always send log files to vixlogs@world-of-satellite.com and always received confirmation that log files received and problems fix soon as possible.
At this moment I can post log files to vixlogs@world-of-satellite.com ? Thanks

judge
13-11-14, 23:34
Log files uploaded to the forum will get a bit more attention as not everyone logs onto the email server.
Hit the Go Advanced button under the post area to enable adding them to a forum post.

baltutis
14-11-14, 11:43
OK. I attach log files in my post.

antmills
25-11-14, 11:08
I have the latest Vix image loaded and it looks great as ever. Well done. The only thing missing, as far as I can see, is that my wireless keyboard no longer works properly since the last few upgrades. It used to work perfectly (ie to type search items in Youtube plugin) but now only the basic arrow/enter keys work.

Is there a plugin I'm missing or is it no longer possible to use a wireless keyboard with the Vix image?

Thanks
Ant

Rob van der Does
25-11-14, 11:19
Not sure why you're hijacking this thread.
Please create your own thread for your own issue in the correct scetion.