PDA

View Full Version : help with multiboot

raedkuwait
02-09-10, 04:51
hi
no matter what i tried, i can not multiboot with VTI 2.0 in flash and Gigant latest image in
usb using Barry Allen, receiver gets stuck on booting when trying to boot from usb ?
any help is appreciated.

satmanbasil
02-09-10, 14:01
Hi mate

I use meoboot to multiboot but only problem is that later images dont support this so u are limited in what u can use but for your information my setup is as follows

In flash i have VTi image 1.0 this has plugin download for meoboot later version 1.2 didnt seem to work formatting the usb stick

On usb stick i have Vu support image 24.5.10 and HDFreaks image 29.5.10

All works well i mainly use VTi or vu support images as HDfreak is slow if you look around the forum u can tweek VTi image for stuff like rytech epg or cool tv guide adding them via /temp folder or plugins my opinion is that most newer images dont make that must difference to the way the receiver works so i see nothing that wud make me change this unless something comes along with all bells and whistles.

regards
satmanbasil

pooface
02-09-10, 14:05
my opinion is that most newer images dont make that must difference to the way the receiver works so i see nothing that wud make me change this unless something comes along with all bells and whistles.

I think that the last few driver releases have been really usefull in regards to some fixes that they've made. The recordings work much snappier now... But of course, this is my opinion :p

Donnie
02-09-10, 19:09
There really is no advantage of multiboot these days, with some many updates you get compatibility issues with flash image and mulitiboot images.
Then there is the fact that loading a new image takes minutes.
Back everything up and use software manager when you load a new image and away you go.

On e1 it was great but e2 it really does not have a purpose.

cervot
02-09-10, 19:22
i saw a program on another forum called multiboot cfe i think it can run an image from usb instead of flash. just use google and you will find it.