PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Hdmi cec

rossi2000
26-07-12, 17:59
afternoon all

having an issue i think with the new ultimo as thats the only thing changed in my setup.

when i had the et9200 i setup hdmi cec as in the picture below, this allowed me to turn on the stb and then during bootup it would switch on my tv and amp aswell. the same when i switch off the stb, the other devices would switch off aswell.

my stb runs through my amp to my tv via hdmi

hdmi control is enabled on my tv and amp aswell

while im not up to speed on hdmi-cec i assume the stb is sending a signal to other devices to switch on. but it doenst seem to be the case with the ultimo, i am getting no response at all from what i can see, does the ultimo supports this feature?

anyone use hdmi cec on there ultimo?

Trial
26-07-12, 18:16
Hi,
the Ultimo can make use of CEC I tested it a few month ago but now I do not use it anymore.

Which remote do you want to use? I think you activated a bit to much perhaps start simple. I would suggest that you only enable the first 4 entries and disable the rest and then switch on and off your Ultimo with the Ultimo remote.

ciao

rossi2000
26-07-12, 19:09
those first 4 worked, but it only turned my tv on and not my amp. hmm

dont understand that as my stb is plugged into amp and tv is plugged into amp aswell so the signal somehow got through the amp to the tv whilst its off.

need to keep trying i spose :/

rossi2000
27-07-12, 08:53
still cant get it to work properly :/
it worked nice on my et9200.

i guess it doesnt function as well on the ultimo.

Rob van der Does
27-07-12, 08:58
The functionality of HDMI-CEC is dependant on the drivers; that can explain differences between boxes.

rossi2000
27-07-12, 09:08
ahh right that explains alot then :)

cheers

hopefully they'll add some more support in future drivers